Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505703 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1680 on: June 02, 2017, 06:45:41 pm »

Give Gwolfski a stable fort and he will destroy it. This used to be Sprin's job, but at least we knew Sprin didn't try to do so actively.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1681 on: June 03, 2017, 06:19:39 am »

Give Gwolfski a stable fort and he will destroy it. This used to be Sprin's job, but at least we knew Sprin didn't try to do so actively.

Relax. It's only animals that died.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: June 04, 2017, 06:16:05 pm »

I noticed Courage Wolves are actually renamed dogs. I could remake them as actual tame wolves next time if we want.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1683 on: June 04, 2017, 07:00:53 pm »

I noticed Courage Wolves are actually renamed dogs. I could remake them as actual tame wolves next time if we want.
Nice. None of them died.

We have no magma safe stuff. This is an issue. Are nethercap pumps magma safe?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: June 04, 2017, 07:45:18 pm »

Nice. None of them died.

We have no magma safe stuff. This is an issue. Are nethercap pumps magma safe?
I think so? 

I'm happy at least there is one sane fellow between me and Gwolfski.  Apiks... I can't tell if he is sane.  Sane in the context of not bringing the fort to a close, one way or another.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: June 04, 2017, 08:01:53 pm »

Uh, me? I've saved more succession forts from extinction than I have fingers. I just don't post much.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: June 05, 2017, 04:50:02 am »

Which does bring to face that we want updates, Gwolfski! Actual, paragraph-length updates! Don't go pulling an apiks on us.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1687 on: June 05, 2017, 05:15:24 am »

Which does bring to face that we want updates, Gwolfski! Actual, paragraph-length updates! Don't go pulling an apiks on us.
I'll write one, this evening.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: June 05, 2017, 03:32:20 pm »

Rosywander was enjoying his vacation outside of Necrothreat, but he had been away long enough, so he forced his current host to march to Necrothreat. Since his leaving Necrothreat, he had gotten plenty of practice in possessing hosts. Soon the forumites will again learn to fear him.

I want to forumites as "Rosywanders host". Any forumites is fine, although he should become a swordsmite after being forumites.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1689 on: June 05, 2017, 05:46:17 pm »

((dont have access to save atm, will fill in pictures and names later!))

[]Gwolfski sat in his old office, his ethereal body barely visible in the shadow.

I've got enough of this! It's my turn to rule, heh heh. This will be my chosen, hahaha!

A mite has been possessed!

A thunderclap sounded high above the fortress, and it started to rain.

Mwahaha! *cough* Now, let's get started.

Deep in the fort, a fey mite toiled. Requirements were made and completed, as the finest leather was sourced from the best source.

A reindeer has been slaughtered!

The finest leather, for the finest cause!

The softest yarn, from the strongest sheep.

The most random boulder, from the deepest quarry.

The perfect gem, whom the mites wouldn't cut for some reason, and a month was spent sourcing new ones.

Finally, it was made!

Behold, the [_]! A most wonderfull floodgate!

Let Project Purity begin!

And thus, the mites harrowed. However, damage was already showing. Time flowed backwards, the calender withsttod, and went forth.

(picture)

The first stage, the most important. The shaft was dug. Very slowly.

Meanwhile, the control room. It was the most important part of all, yet it had been defiled. A quick solution was found, and once again shall Sprin be hailed!

(picture)

Journal of Gwolfski, the reincarnation.

25th Opal

Work is slow, but steady. I believe in the project. It will solve all! They will hail me as savior!

for all is one, but one is not all

27th Opal

Blood. Blood everywhere. The frenzy of the kill. Blood. Blood everywhere

I regretfully must say that there have been five deaths.

Blood. Blood everywhere. It's ok now. They're gone. Dont' give in.

28th

I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I am not mad. I AM NOT MAD! Ignore the voices! They do not exist. I am not ma-

The voices. Must listen to the voices. I must obey!

I am not mad? Am I? Help me...

[/spoiler]

@pikachu I'll try.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:35:13 am by Gwolfski »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: June 05, 2017, 06:50:26 pm »

I have no idea what number entry this is.

-Begin Log-

Gwolfski is doing a thing. I can't tell what that thing is, but somehow, it involves a floodgate and that stalker shrine he made to Sprin. Also, its name (ominously) contains the word "purity". Such things are never a good sign when done by maniacs. Which, quite frankly, is a word that sums up most of this fort's early leadership. Like Gwolfski.

Yeah. So.

Anyway... recent research. I've been getting some weird results. Namely, the Sprin-shrine is, for whatever reason, filled with purple magic, and I can't tell why. I mean, unless his ghost is in there - and I'm pretty sure he's not even dead - then I don't know what would cause there to be purple magic in there. And there's a moving cloud of white magic just kinda... meandering though the fortress. Not even grey magic, actually white.

It's... it's been a long couple of years. I'm taking a break.

-End Log-

-Open-
Hey, this thing working? Ah, yeah, great, I can see the words on the screen.

Sydney here! I've been tinkering with the Orchestra a bit, recently. Figuring out how it works.
Erin says it's some kind of yellow artifact, but I'm not too clear on that stuff. After all, you don't need to know how one of Erin's doohickeys work to be able to use them, and I'm better at using this thing than he is.

Anyway, I've been working on getting some simulations up and running. We've got a holographic map of the fort running, which Erin hooked up to recreate the magics going on throughout the place. We've also got that Skyrim sim up; we've been using it to practice sparring. We may never use that, but being a ghost gets boring.

Ummm... yeah! That sounds like most of the important stuff we've done. Ah... well, see ya!
-Close-

EDIT:
BREAKING NEWS!

On the topic of "Project Purity", Gwolfski (fort overseer) has said that "It involves magma. It will solve all our problems." He has also made the statement that "I totally have an idea about whatever I'm doing." Surely, nothing about this can go wrong!  :o

EDIT2: Reading back through the thread:
Regarding Glass and Smoke Mirror's fluff, due to the convoluted manner in which they are written, often breaking the fourth wall...
I'm sorry, but when has my fluff ever broken the fourth wall? At least, other than the whole Just Cause 4 debacle (and that whole period of time was made non-canon anyway because of a computer crash).

EDIT3: Pages since SM first requested his forumite: 91
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:27:07 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1691 on: June 06, 2017, 06:45:55 am »

News: First fort resident has died. With great regret, I report that Ilral Lelumolon, has passed away. It is suspected crundles were involved, as shortly after, they assaulted and were slain by the brave militia in the caverns.

Overseer Statement: We shall crush these heathen scum! To arms! Nobody expects the Forumite Inquisition!

also, why is there bacon grease in the caverns?

also BFEL got banned
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:49:59 am by Gwolfski »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: June 06, 2017, 06:58:15 am »

Gwolfski, please get rid of the spoiler from your story post. It simply doesn't fit with all the other story posts and may confuse people reading from the OP (also don't forget to update it with names and pictures if you plan to.) And yeah, BFEL got banned a few months ago from what I recall. RIP High lord threadromancer.

Regarding your concerns, Glass, I believe the post from which you are quoting gives an example of a case of breaking the fourth wall that will not make it to the PDF. Remember how after Th4DwArfY1's turn in which I wrote the ending we started doing some casual OOC roleplaying (this entire post among many)? They simply cannot make it to the PDF simply due to their nature. They're totally OOC, even if we're roleplaying with our characters. There's no way to incorporate them canon besides rewriting them. However this does not mean that breaking the fourth wall is forbidden. The nature of the fortress and mod in fact indirectly encourage it, but only if it's properly written into the narrative. In other words, IC.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:01:41 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: June 06, 2017, 07:05:43 am »

Fair. I will stand by the fact that the vast majority of what I've written has remained in-character, though (at least, when it was meant to be in-character, i.e. not this, an not most edits).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: June 06, 2017, 07:15:09 am »

Fair. I will stand by the fact that the vast majority of what I've written has remained in-character, though (at least, when it was meant to be in-character, i.e. not this, an not most edits).

As I've claimed before, when the time comes for me to make the PDF for this iteration of Necrothreat, I will go through every single post in this thread and add anything I think can reasonably fit canon without breaking continuity. In other words, if the reader can read the thing and understand or assume where the things in it originate from, then it's fair. Our little forum roleplaying, however, is too big of a stretch of assumption to be added, in addition to it not actually happening in Necrothreat, but on the forums.

Most things that make sense though, like your previous post, or SM's lessons on magic, will likely be added since they can stand on their own, or form a series over the course of the fortress.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 202