Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 514695 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1710 on: June 06, 2017, 02:29:39 pm »

I have little objections to putting the player titles in the player list. There is one tiny little issue though. The titles can be thought of as spoilers for those reading the first time.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 06, 2017, 09:26:31 pm »

I have little objections to putting the player titles in the player list. There is one tiny little issue though. The titles can be thought of as spoilers for those reading the first time.
Agreed.  Half the fun of reading the original threads were the surprises when a major chapter of excitement was uncovered.

@Glass, that bit of white magic wouldn't possibly be my character, would it?  Just trying to work within the bounds of the story being laying out. 

Journals of Carefulrogue

The pages are tucked in a secret study, undated.  Several rotting books lie nearby, open to pages lost to moisture and fungus.  The entries were some of the little that were salvageable.

Entry 34
I… don’t know what date it is anymore.  I’m conscious of the years passing by, but the individual days are a blur, if nothing is happening.  Except, they’ve almost come back into focus.  Gwolfski… That’s what brought me back from the edge.  He’s back.  Somehow.  I swear, he died in the politician attack… didn’t he?  Argh… I hurt. It’s not a physical pain, it’s mental.  Maybe he’s like me, trapped from rest.  Why though?

Entry 37
The colors I’ve found become immediately apparent if I concentrate.  The world around me will fade out, still there, but irrelevant next to the colors.  Red, blue, purple, orange (which painfully hurts, beyond what I’ve been feeling), gold, silver…  the list stretches on.

Entry 39
Gwolfski is doing something.  I don’t know what.  The colors emanating from the project even catch me when I’m not focusing, or am distracted.  Purple seems the dominate color. 

Entry 45
I found something.  I was exploring the colors a bit more thoroughly.  I found that the red colors correspond with items, particularly some of the artifacts we’ve had build over the years.  Curious, I looked at the other items, and I saw different colors, some purple, some yellow, some that had hints of other shades.  I’m beginning to think, and it annoys me that I hadn’t considered this before… am I seeing the magic shading of the world? 

That would certainly be something.  I’ll continue to look around and see what I can find.

Entry 46
Found a particularly interesting artifact.  I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking at, but it glows yellow, primarily.  It’s so incredibly curious.  Except, it’s an entire room.  I think.  Might as well just be a entire piece of stone for all I know.  There is a door though… Sometime later, I will explore into it. 

Glass, take whatever initiative you want on this matter.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: June 06, 2017, 09:42:27 pm »

@Glass, that bit of white magic wouldn't possibly be my character, would it?  Just trying to work within the bounds of the story being laying out. 
Actually, it's Apiks. Recall, in the old universe, white magic was associated with Apiks and purple magic was associated with Sprin. They show up to Erin's devices the same way that this world's magic show up, but they are, of course, in weird places that don't make sense based on this world's magic system.

I'd say that you would show up as purple - due to your ghosthood (you have a mind, but no form) - and indigo - you can see things that you shouldn't necessarily be able to see (i.e. magic). The average forumite would be purple (their mind) and green (their body). A zombie would have a red coloration largely subsuming the purple, as their animating and controlling force is a sort of magic A.I., and a crude one at that; that kind of thing is imbued using red magic.

Someone was outside. Another one of the dead, most likely. They all end up down here eventually; the flow of the leylines makes certain of that. I must say that I was somewhat confused to have the Hilt show up, though, and looking very... olive, I guess.

Although, the one that stopped bye was different. It was purple like the rest, but also indigo. And it turned away when it reached us. Strange.

I'll see if we can make contact. This would be an interesting case study... and mayhaps a good research assistant.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 06, 2017, 11:13:41 pm »

Roger.  Wanted to check before we had to start retconing everything.  Again.  And it's hard to keep track of everything as the story drags on. 

As for how the interactions will go... I want to see how this will turn out.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1714 on: June 07, 2017, 09:42:26 am »

(FYI I intend to have the orchestra in the control room
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 07, 2017, 09:55:26 am »

What, you're going to haul the whole thing up, piece by piece, from the flooded depths of this labyrinthine fortress?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1716 on: June 07, 2017, 12:05:54 pm »

What, you're going to haul the whole thing up, piece by piece, from the flooded depths of this labyrinthine fortress?
Yes. I have to complete Just Cause 3, after all. Also,  it's not flooded anymore.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 07, 2017, 01:08:57 pm »

Yes. I have to complete Just Cause 3, after all. Also,  it's not flooded anymore.
Just Cause 3 didn't happened anymore, remember? Reality crashed.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1718 on: June 07, 2017, 01:21:39 pm »

I reinstalled. it Wait- it never got installed, so I installed it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 07, 2017, 02:01:59 pm »

But we never went through the whole song routine again, and you haven't had access since the flood.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1720 on: June 07, 2017, 02:40:10 pm »

But we never went through the whole song routine again, and you haven't had access since the flood.
I was a fucking GHOST!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 07, 2017, 02:45:03 pm »

I was a fucking GHOST!
And so was Erin. Do you think he would have allowed you near the Orchestra after it became clear you were a fortress buster?

Also, closing the pyramid now.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 07, 2017, 03:00:38 pm »

Also a reminder to Gwolfski. You have until Friday to finish your turn (including a single-day bonus thanks to your first post.)
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1723 on: June 07, 2017, 03:55:11 pm »

Also a reminder to Gwolfski. You have until Friday to finish your turn (including a single-day bonus thanks to your first post.)

More (longer) posts = more days right?

Cause I'm in the middle of writing a good long thing.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 07, 2017, 04:43:29 pm »

More (longer) posts = more days right?

Cause I'm in the middle of writing a good long thing.

Basically every long post will give you an extra day to finish. In this regard if you have an especially big thing it's recommended to split it and post it over a few days, instead of one big chunk so you can get the extra days (remember that each of those posts has to be long enough to be considered its own post.) You can of course artificially inflate this number by instead writing more fluff that doesn't matter mechanically in game (such as your character's story, side stories, or just ramblings) as you might've noticed some of us do. That's probably the easiest way to gain additional days.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 202