Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 516770 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1770 on: June 21, 2017, 02:37:29 pm »

WHOOPS forgot, I'll start playing again

OOC: I've taken over our hammerlord.

Red Hammer's Journal

Slate

That's it! I'm tired of the incompetence of the overseers in this place. I'm taking over.

First order of business: stop making slabs, start making coffins! We have their corpses for gods' sake! Second order of business: throw out all this garbage! Clothes too big for dwarves, corpses and body parts, stray bolts, all garbage! Get rid of it! Third and final order of business (at least for now): crack open the dump zone. There are tons of bury-able dwarven corpses in there.

We had an encounter with three lazorsharks. Us soldiers are huge, so we got off with some moderate blood loss and a bit of meltiness. But poor Urvad was killed. He was just a recruit. He barely even knew how to fight.

Felsite

The burying of the dead is going well, as is the dumping of garbage. Turns out most of the bodies already had designated coffins, they just hadn't been buried yet. I've also been getting rid of all the weird dump zones around the fort.

Some crundles were giving our cavern workers problems. I killed them all. I am Red Hammer!

Apparently we have no bags. I have ordered some made. (OOC: I have never had this problem in my life. Where did all the bags go?)

It is now summer.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:50:50 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 22, 2017, 03:15:02 pm »

Red Hammer's Journal

Hematite

I ordered the digging of a bit more adamantine, above and on the same level as the previous diggings. There were no complaints.

Another lazorshark attacked. Several of us are a bit more melted. It's these stupid clothes! We have plenty of armor to go around, I say we wear it!

I got rid of another dump zone. How many stupid, out-of-the-way dump zones does this place have?!

Marksmite Vucar gave birth to a baby boy today. His father is Urvad. The boy will never know his father. I feel even worse now.

A reacher got into the fort and assaulted the Archpriest. You can guess what I did next.

Two more lazorsharks! Why are there so many!? I hope we are better prepared this time...

Migrants, six of them. Mostly useless, but hey, we need haulers.

I am the first to sight the lazorsharks. Their lazors impact harmlessly on steel. Their teeth skid harmlessly off my shield. My hammer only dents them, but the rest of the squad is right behind me. A lazor sails over Carefulrouge's head and sets the cavern behind him on fire. The lazorsharks are soon surrounded and cut to pieces. No casualties, no wounded.

Malachite

It turns out that the garbage dump that I wanted people to use was "not active". WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT ACTIVE!? IT'S A FUCKING HOLE IN THE FUCKING GROUND! WHAT IS WITH THIS FUCKING FORTRESS!?

I just killed an entire herd of rutherers. Hmm, that gives me an idea...

I picked a random unused room (this place is full of them) and converted it to a small arena. I can fight captives in there.

Urvad rose from the dead and possessed Thikut, our legendary weaponsmith. I'm sorry Urvad! I shouldn't have sent you into battle! I assigned him a tomb so he can finally be at rest.

One of the new migrants, a metalworker, was taken by a fey mood. He took a single bismuth bronze bar before starting to work.

A couple of plump helmet men came to pray in the Temple of Omer. They got a little eaten by courage wolves on the way there, though.

The metalworker made a scepter. It's uninteresting but valuable. He's legendary now.

Galena

Urvad was finally buried.

I killed several more groups of dangerous or annoying cavern creatures.

Autumn has come. I believe every corpse has an assigned coffin now, though the burying is still ongoing. Now we just have to take out the trash.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: June 22, 2017, 03:59:12 pm »

I don't think Lemonpie survived, right? ;_;

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: June 22, 2017, 04:13:49 pm »

Posting this so a character can be saved for lemonpie's turn, because he is an amazing writer and the first one to include Afer in the main posts.

I still need to be forumited, Quill Arcane, male loremaster (scholar works), if possible I would like knife proficiency, however it isn't necessary.

If anyone matches, please try to keep them alive. Its been 92 turns since I requested forumiting, its getting old.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: June 22, 2017, 08:49:12 pm »

I don't think Lemonpie survived, right? ;_;
I said assaulted, not killed. He got his neck scratched.

When I say creatures are "bothering" our cavern workers, it goes like this: A creature interrupts/attacks a worker. The worker beats the shit out of the creature. The worker leaves the cripples creature lying there. The worker goes back to work.

Our dwarves are badass.

Posting this so a character can be saved for lemonpie's turn, because he is an amazing writer and the first one to include Afer in the main posts.

I still need to be forumited, Quill Arcane, male loremaster (scholar works), if possible I would like knife proficiency, however it isn't necessary.

If anyone matches, please try to keep them alive. Its been 92 turns since I requested forumiting, its getting old.
That's because there aren't any scholars. We have none. We have never had any. Pick some different qualifications.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: June 22, 2017, 08:51:08 pm »

What do we have that is close then?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 23, 2017, 10:00:45 am »

I forumited you as the bean counter.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 23, 2017, 10:05:20 am »

You're a treasurer, Harry!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 23, 2017, 10:22:37 am »

A scepter you say?

Hmm.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 23, 2017, 10:30:14 am »

I requested waiting for Lemonpie because he does awesome write ups. But bean counter is fine.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 23, 2017, 03:35:24 pm »

A scepter you say?

Hmm.
NO. FUCK NO. NO MORE MAGIC. DON'T MAKE ME ATOM SMASH IT.

Red Hammer's Journal

Limestone

Apparently someone left the atom smasher gate up. When I pulled the lever, it flung all the junk everywhere. Now we have to shovel everything back down the hole.

I've stopped coffin production. I think we're good for a while.

Merchants arrived. I couldn't find the front door lever, even after trying many levers, so I just had some workers bust a wagon-sized hole in the wall.

I met with the proxy. Noblemined was conquered by goblins. I ordered steel, fuel, and lye. Seems like the overseer before me had the same idea. I bought those things from the caravan in exchange for some worn clothes and skulls.

Sandstone

Migrants arrived! I wasn't counting but there are at least ten. Either way we now have 80 forumites. That's good. We need more forumites.

I finally got to use my arena! I fought three trolls, four bacontaco men, two plump helmet men, and a partridge in a pear tree.

More lazorsharks! Fortunately, they're in the cave we don't have open.

These crundles are really bothering the workers. Several forumites were wounded and a lolcat was killed. I can only kill the crundles so quickly. Luckily, our workers are badass and are killing them as well. Never underestimate a dwarven fist.

Timber

Lots of butchering of old corpses going on. Also, slabbing of forumites who I think had their corpses atom smashed. And bins are being made. Not much else happening.

Winter has arrived.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 24, 2017, 01:28:03 pm »

I'd like to suggest TheFlame52 the atheistic, as he is anti magic and all our magic so far has come from the gods, Omer, Afer, Masea, The Clockwork Heart, so, if he doesn't believe in magic, it stands to reason he thinks only Armok and Ur exist.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 24, 2017, 02:31:02 pm »

I thought it would be The Warrior.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 24, 2017, 02:47:45 pm »

I thought it would be The Warrior.
The Anti-Paladin perhaps? A nice mix of them both.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 24, 2017, 04:00:26 pm »

Anti-paladin has connotations of evil. Flame isn't evil; he's just worldly, he's not concerned with magic.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 202