Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505575 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1860 on: July 07, 2017, 06:31:49 pm »

Did you assign him to the stripper squad?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 07, 2017, 06:32:48 pm »

Did you assign him to the stripper squad?
No, I didn't.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 07, 2017, 07:22:43 pm »

The fight recap was great. Christie was also the one that killed Gwolfski.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 09, 2017, 08:36:18 am »

7th Hematite, 560
Darkness, and then light.  A thrall rose up out of the darkness, a dwarf with tortured eyes, begging to be killed even as it attacked him.  Some half built walls rose up behind the creature, imprinted on his mind as it switched to black and blinding pain.

Darkness again. 

An army of goblins and trolls charged the fortifications of a fortress, where awaiting and counter charging were the forces of the dwarven army.  Diving against the enemy, something struck him, and he fell. 

Darkness, followed by light again.

A tight grouping of dwarves stood at the other end of a hall, waiting for the enemy they knew was coming, to round the bend.  They could hear the traps firing, ripping, tearing, and trapping the unwary. 

The force arrived, and the fighting began in earnest.  A blow to the chest, and darkness consumed him again. 

Rogue felt the last vision retreat.  Deaths.  Many, many deaths.  Memories of falling in battle, either as a fighter, or unlucky observer.  Undead, evil forces, fellow citizens--it felt as if he died by every means possible. 

The purple magic rose up before him, and he saw the defeats, the victories, and the tragedies that resulted from the many sacrifices.  He saw what’d he’d done.  He saw the new leaders rise up, finding books stained in blood, and gore.  Water soaked, or ripped to shreds, always someone stooped to pick up the book.  Tears and sweat stained pages, pushed onto a shelf, or into a drawer. 

Rogue dismissed the illusions.  The magic swirled, still unsettled, before wrapping itself around him.  There was a flash...

He felt his hand shake, as the fingers wrapped around the book.  It glowed visibly purple, the details lost, as the forumite fished it out of the water.  With a deep breath, he regained his calm. The book was slipped into a pocket, out of sight.  The magic would fade.

Rogue threw a glance around, before hurrying after Apiks, leading the rest of the army to the entrance where they were chasing after those that had killed him only a night ago.  This would be difficult to explain. But then again, he was certain most things were difficult to explain here.

“Hey, Olin, who was it who fell?”

“Dunno, looked like a farmer,” Rogue responded.  “And I told you, I’m Rogue, not Olin.”

“Oh, sorry Rogue. Let's catch up before Apiks threatens to kill us.”

"Agreed."  The forumite, hurried off, leaving Rogue.  Carefully manipulating the magic, he made his corpse appear like another face'd seen.  It would do for now. 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 09, 2017, 09:05:13 am »

Nice writing. Red Hammer is female though.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 09, 2017, 10:10:58 am »

Nice writing. Red Hammer is female though.
Fixed. 

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 09, 2017, 10:22:01 pm »

About time for the savegame to be uploaded I reckon. Feel free to do last-minute playing though.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 10, 2017, 05:39:07 pm »

Pending.  Autumn has turned into a shit show, of frequent pausing. 

EDIT: Well, this turn was far more exciting than I first imagined.  Expect the save in about two hours.
EDIT2: Link: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13004
EDIT3: Journals
EDIT4: photos.

17th Hematite, 560
Casualty reports are coming in slowly.  We lost a good spearmaster, and a number of the recruits.  We need more migrants. 

28th Hematite, 560
The fellow previously with an idea in the mason’s shop--safe to say he’s run out. 

1st Malachite, 560
Migrants have arrived.  As soon as other jobs finish, we’ll get to work cleaning up the bodies, and the equipment left outside.

I’ve tallied them.  Nothing significant in the way of skills, and there are only eight of them.  Shame we didn’t get more.

10th Malachite, 560

Welp, let’s hope this is quick.

22nd Galena, 560
The enemy never showed.  The military has been taken off standby. 

4th Limestone, 560
MMO gamers have appeared.  I DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS AGAIN.

9th Limestone, 560
Squad of gamers have appeared near the battlefield with the politicians.  Who knows how many more there are.  The half expert, and half sorta-good army isn’t something I want to risk. 

17th Limestone, 560
I meant with the liaison today.  No news in the world, which with equal parts relief and worry resulting.  How the war’s going on out there is some  much needed information by us. 

27th Limestone, 560
Bollocks.  I just want a peaceful year! 
Ettin appeared.

7th Sandstone,560

Well shit.
Seems the Ettin killed the Alias.  Six dead at this point.  Why the hell are the civilians attacking the creature?!?!

9th Sandstone, 560

I don’t get any peace around here, do I?  That cavern isn’t sealed off...

Oh for fucks’ sake.  Migrants at a time like this…

13th Sandstone, 560
We cleaned up the Gamer that was still  outside.  Took way too long, but the thing was distracted at least. 
Now we’re off to kill a kid.  Went insane far as we can tell from the shouts and screams from inside. 

14th Sandstone, 560
The recent FB incursion has been dealt with.  The ettin is also dead.
55 living dwarves at present.  19 children.
Merchants left as well.

16th Sandstone, 560
Had I had any knowledge of a god to pray to I would.  There isn’t enough breathing room here to finish minor construction projects. 

6th Opal, 560
How has it been this quiet?  I hate to jinx it, but nothing has happened since the 15th of Sandstone.  I’d call it absurd, but then…

8th Opal, 560
Had to open my mouth.  A weaver’s been possessed.

11th Opal, 560
There’s been a collapse on the surface, near the construction site of the still unfinished roof.  Looks like there were some improperly removed branches on site from the tree below.  Fools.

14th Opal, 560
Still no one free to haul all the equipment outside in.  We’ll take care of that in time.

15th Opal, 560
I find it quite funny, that the front gate to the fortress was never opened.  Always we used the side gate.  Well, then again, I’d have to track down the right lever again…

6th Obsidian, 560

Bit of an interesting artifact.  Worth about 90k.  Hopefully that’ll bring in migrants for the next leader.

Also finally realized the grainaries I ordered mined out were completed.  Wonder how far back that was.  Well, in case we get locked up in the bastion inside the main complex, we’ll have plenty of food to stand firm, before we seriously need to  figure out a solution. 

12th Obsidian, 560
HOW THE HELL DID A PAIR OF HAXXORS GET INTO THE LIBRARY?!?!?!
Allegedly they’re scholars.  Kill on sight orders have been issued.

13th Obsidian, 560

I’m just going to grab 8 barrels of food and drink and wait this out.  I’m tired of all this madness.

14th Obsidian, 560
Haxxor#1 is dead. 

16th Obsidian, 560
This is ridiculous.  Haxxors keep popping up, occasionally we can hear the giantess above bellowing for help--and to my knowledge, we have no military up there.  I don’t even have a faint guess as to who is suppressing it.

18th Obsidian, 560
The giant has been captured, and Red Hammer has dispatched haxxor #3.  We still  haven’t gotten to number two yet, but at this point I can’t tell the difference. 

28th Obsidian, 560
Eve of a new year.  I’m handing the role of fortress overseer off to Apiks.  I don’t know who else is capable enough for the job.  Just a little concerned for that blinding white I see around, and in him sometimes.  What sort of magic is that?

Musing for another day, when I’m not having to deal with the eighty complaints I received yesterday.  They’re promptly being burned tonight. 

Seems I also need to grab a fresh book to write in.  No pages left here. 

Apiks, I wish you luck with all the various unfinished projects, rooms, and a five man military. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:50:08 am by Carefulrogue »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 10, 2017, 09:32:00 pm »

Isn't it Arx's turn? Thanks for the updates, Carefulrogue.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 10, 2017, 09:50:07 pm »

Isn't it Arx's turn? Thanks for the updates, Carefulrogue.
Well ain't that a glaring error.  I don't know if Arx has a character, and I certainly didn't focus on him if I did.  I don't know how to correct it, too tired.

I'm interested to see what you guys make of what happened.

I'll get to pictures up later, for now it's late. 

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 10, 2017, 11:43:24 pm »

Thank you for your turn, Carefulrogue. It's always fun when things don't go out way.

I moved myself down a turn because I'm not in the city at isn't and would not want to slow things more than needed.

Good luck to Arx!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1871 on: July 11, 2017, 02:16:05 am »

I can pick this up on the 14th, possibly the evening of the 13th, because that's when my exams finish. I should have lots of time to play after that, though!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 11, 2017, 06:13:36 am »

I can pick this up on the 14th, possibly the evening of the 13th, because that's when my exams finish. I should have lots of time to play after that, though!

There is a 3 day period for changing savegame hands just because of things like this. Feel free to pick it up once you're available and let us know.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1873 on: July 11, 2017, 08:35:46 am »

Excellent. It shall be done.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 11, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »

Good luck.  And if you need any sort of story ideas for how you came into power, my character would have been very tired, and generally exhausted after the events, so mistakes are likely to be made.

EDIT: also, for those curious, my magic of illusion now reaches over to the point where others can see it.  Hence how I was able to pull a dupe on the other soldier.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:37:49 am by Carefulrogue »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 202