Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 516705 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1890 on: July 22, 2017, 10:06:21 pm »

Apiks, I believe.

Could you elaborate on some of these changes? Is there any possibility that we could have artisan Forumechs in addition to soldier ones?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 22, 2017, 10:59:02 pm »

I plan to relearn how to make robots and give them multiple tissue layers, such as armor plating, wires, and internal mechanisms. Currently, they are solid metal, which ironically makes them more vulnerable. Once I do that I should change Forumechs to use that system, if it's any good.

In their current "pet" state, making Forumechs do certain jobs would be unworkable, since you couldn't assign tasks. However, making multiple designs such as heavies or drones is possible. We could also change the concept in a way that allows for good sentient playability. My Star Wars mod has sentient robot pets, but at the expense of some Fortress Mode weirdness.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 25, 2017, 01:09:07 pm »

Unfortunately it appears that every single person that I would be incredibly popular this week and as such can barely fit in the time and motivation after a long day to work on Necrothreat, and I am loath to deliver a subpar story.

Is it fine now for you to do your turn, Arx, or do you need some more time?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 26, 2017, 04:48:27 am »

I'll probably be home within two or three days, so if there's still a vacancy then I could take over.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 27, 2017, 01:56:13 pm »

BFEL's image at the beginning of the thread doesn't exist anymore. :(

Also, Lemonpie, if you're the next overseer, SM is going to want his miting.

EDIT: Found the original image.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT2: And a better one. :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:01:29 pm by Glass »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1895 on: July 27, 2017, 03:21:40 pm »

I guess I can? I'm hella sick right now, but we'll see.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 27, 2017, 05:45:38 pm »

I guess I can? I'm hella sick right now, but we'll see.

You may pass it on to LordLemonpie if you so wish, as a reminder.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Bob_The_Forumite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 28, 2017, 01:54:41 am »

*cough* *gasp*, noises emerge from the body crawling from the depths, straining to pull itself from the pile of rotting filth that is leftover elf parts the necro's didn't want anymore, many miles from civilization. The forumite crawls, dragging himself, to the small brook that flows nearby, blood oozing from the deep cut on his forehead. He stretches his face to the water, thinking "well, bollocks. I wish i had some booze, but water will have to do for now." He takes a long drink, then sits up, wiping his chin, just now realizing for clothes he has but a -lolcat leather sock- on his left foot. "Thank The Gods its summer here, or i'd be in a hell of a mess. By the way, where IS here anyway???!?!" He staggers to his feet, looking around, finally noticing the woman standing about 20 feet away, who appears to have come to gather wild herbs, evident by her large basket full of them. But since this almost naked forumite crawled out of the refuse pile, she seems to be infatuated by him. "Where am i?" askes the Naked Man. "why, this is necrothreat, dont you know where you are?" "I dont remember much, exept my name, bob. All i want now"-he begins swaying "is a beer, my hammer, and my pa-" Promptly passing out.  The woman sighs, and dragges him into the fortress of Necrothreat. -OOC I have come out of the shadows! (after realizing this trash phone can do this) i would req a turn, but no definite laptop access atm. I have been a huge fan of DF for years, but never looked up the forum for it. i found necrothreat about a month ago, not realizing i can post on said wooden phone... I am necrnthreat's biggest shadow dwelling fan up till this point: now i shall pull myself up from the refuse pile!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:07:23 am by Bob_The_Forumite »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 28, 2017, 08:09:38 am »

i am this thread's greatest shadow-stalking fan
Then you should likely remove any mention of thanking Armok.

Bob_The_Forumite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 28, 2017, 09:37:22 am »

This character was hit hard on the head, shown by the deep cut. I also wrote this at around 3 am... Ill make a better post soon. BTW, i forgot to ask to be forumited, if the next Legend Writer could, id appreciate it. Bob_The_Forumite, master hammerman, legendary stonecrafter ( hammerman at least please). think ill begin reading NT IV ahead, to get up to speed, im at the point where sprin almost killed NT III. *realizes this sh*tty phone can edit* ah, i shall edit away! Edit again: aaand editing deleted half my post...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 09:50:40 am by Bob_The_Forumite »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 28, 2017, 09:50:38 am »

Here's a quick run-down: crowns are evil, so is Pikachu's sword, we're in a separate universe from the first three Necrothreat games, Sprin got pulled by Apiks into the current universe (but is not nearly as kill-happy, I think), Gwolfski is the new Sprin, we've got a small pantheon's worth of new gods (namely, Afer, Masea, and Omer), and also, Forumechs.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 28, 2017, 09:55:16 am »

Hi Bob.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 28, 2017, 10:46:36 am »

Here's a quick run-down: crowns are evil, so is Pikachu's sword, we're in a separate universe from the first three Necrothreat games, Sprin got pulled by Apiks into the current universe (but is not nearly as kill-happy, I think), Gwolfski is the new Sprin, we've got a small pantheon's worth of new gods (namely, Afer, Masea, and Omer), and also, Forumechs.
You forgot magic.

Here are some quick links through quotes
Journal 30.9
Indigo, Violet, and Artifacts
Entry 002 - Day 1
All others and origin colors
You don't need to look at these if you don't want to.
There may be more lessons, not sure.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:50:17 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 28, 2017, 10:50:15 am »

You forgot magic.
True, they did start acknowledging the magic recently.

Bob_The_Forumite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 28, 2017, 11:05:57 am »

hi post that is endmy to all. and thanks for the links! I am reading it all though, and i must say, i will add to the massive amount of lore that presently exists. I think my favorite parts are when sprin repeatedly almost destroy'd the fort
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 202