Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505500 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1965 on: August 17, 2017, 04:56:46 pm »

Wait. Lemon pie, you said Doren was wielding the legendary Rosywander? Is Doren the host of Rosyander? In other words, my forumite?
I'd think so. 

Also, the sword itself was destroyed by someone.  Since it doesn't exist, it's merely a title.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: August 17, 2017, 06:01:20 pm »

The sword apparently never existed, unless someone specifically named a sword Rosywander. Chu just made it as a story thing.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: August 18, 2017, 12:23:50 pm »

Cracks could be heard as I stretched my neck, the chainsaw’s revving getting quieter. The poisonous fumes were of no consequence as long as you could hold your breath. The toxic gas’ small three meter radius was not large enough to prove a threat. The disgusting bile that the creature was composed of was of much more pressing concern, as it had the stench and deformed figure/face to make weaker minded creatures release whatever’s in their guts as they get close, thereby inhaling the fumes.

That, however, no longer mattered, as the hideous creature was no longer squirming and fidgeting. In fact, barely anything resembling a humanoid was left – only a puddle of bile on the stone floor. The cleanup process would prove rather annoying though, as it was in the middle of the sole entrance to these caves. Oh well, it was somebody else’s problem now.

Near me I see Doren standing there in a combat stance with sword in hand. At least that would be the view from a casual passerby’s perspective. It’d be more accurate to say it was a sword standing there in a combat stance with a forumite in hand. It took quite a bit of time to figure out what this not-so-lifeless object was, but after years of careful observation an accord was struck between us. You could call it an alliance but it was less than that. It was more of a… mutual non-backstabbing agreement. There were simply far too many parties in Necrothreat for us not to afford  to watch each other’s backs.

Still, that didn’t mean I trusted the sword called Rosywander, and it likely felt the same about me. This was confirmed by the fact that Rosywander and his host hurled themselves at me, with Rosywander the sword appearing to transform into a deformed black animalistic head armed with a row of razor sharp fangs. Sighing, I raised the chainsaw into the mouth of my associate and as he clamped down on it, I pressed the button on the side of my handle and a guttural sound could be heard inside Rosywander’s mouth as the chainsaw started revving up. I looked into Rosywander’s host’s eyes. The eyes looked quite determined and sharp, as if something is driving him forward a singular goal.

A dozen of seconds later, the revving quieted down once more and Rosywander opened his pseudo-jaw releasing the chainsaw. A rather surprisingly jolly voice sounded from the black apparition.
“Thanks for the teeth brushing, partner. Another day of hard work done. What’s next on the agenda? Getting rid of that twat Rogue? A drink with the Red Hammer? Or, swordy gasp, a romp with Arx?”
Immediately the chainsaw went back between the teeth and started revving up .

“You overstep your bounds, Rosywander. Do not forget that we are merely partners, not friends. The moment yours or my usefulness is gone, somebody is getting backstabbed. However,” the chainsaw’s mechanical sound increased “if you want to have a go right here and now I will oblige you.”

Rosywander bit down on Apiks’ weapon and it began revving up at maximum speeds. The place where the eyes were supposed to be on the apparition’s face started to glow red with increasing intensity. After a minute of Apiks and Rosywander staring down each other, the sword’s crimson eyes of fire reached their apex and over the sound of the chainsaw a guttural sigh could be heard as the eyes changed to a blue color. The revving up stopped as the jaws opened up again.

“Thanks again, partner. Some of the creature’s horns got stuck in here. They’ve been reduced to a rather tasty paste thanks to that nice toy of yours. Besides, don’t worry about your back. I still have to pay you back for replacing me with a dud during the Red Hammer’s rule. He nearly got me along with that crown of yours.”

Apiks throws Rosywander a stony look and shakes his head. With a sigh he starts walking back towards the fortress, ignoring the cackling sword behind him. Just as Apiks reached the stairs, he looks back and calls out to the evil sword.

“The next thing on the agenda is operation T.H.R.O.N.E., meaning that yes, it’s time for a drink with the Red Hammer. Now get to work, Rosywander, I need those artifacts you’ve hidden.”
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:48:22 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: August 18, 2017, 02:26:23 pm »

I need those artifacts you’ve hidden.
You suck.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: August 18, 2017, 02:27:36 pm »

You suck.

Just for the record, they don't include the crown. That one did get purged.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: August 18, 2017, 02:29:02 pm »

You suck.

Just for the record, they don't include the crown. That one did get purged.
Well, yes, I noticed that part.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: August 18, 2017, 02:39:52 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: August 18, 2017, 02:41:17 pm »

No offense, Apiks, but that wasn't the characterization of Rosywander I was intending myself. Why is Rosywander transforming into a black animalistic head? Why are his host's eyes glazed over, and empty? Rosywander corrupts, he doesn't control. The host's eyes should look determined, as Rosywander makes his host determined to achieve its goals without thinking of consequences. It is a mutually beneficial agreement. Rosywander may have his own goals, but he allows his host to achieve its own goals. I am fine with the way Rosywander spoke, although he rarely speaks to any but his host. I am fine with Rosywander and his host Doren reaching an agreement with Apiks.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: August 18, 2017, 02:48:42 pm »

No offense, Apiks, but that wasn't the characterization of Rosywander I was intending myself. Why is Rosywander transforming into a black animalistic head? Why are his host's eyes glazed over, and empty? Rosywander corrupts, he doesn't control. The host's eyes should look determined, as Rosywander makes his host determined to achieve its goals without thinking of consequences. It is a mutually beneficial agreement. Rosywander may have his own goals, but he allows his host to achieve its own goals. I am fine with the way Rosywander spoke, although he rarely speaks to any but his host. I am fine with Rosywander and his host Doren reaching an agreement with Apiks.
Please recall that Apiks is not 100% sane and may not be perceiving reality the way that it actually is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: August 18, 2017, 02:49:52 pm »

I bring your non-existent sword back and even give it a special power and this is the thanks I get.

smh

I fixed the empty glazed eyes in it. The talking to Apiks and animalistic head (special power) are staying though. Also, I can't know what every single person expects their character to be. I just do the best estimation I can that would make for a fun story.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: August 18, 2017, 02:57:58 pm »

Please recall that Apiks is not 100% sane and may not be perceiving reality the way that it actually is.
Yeah, you are right Glass. Who is to say that Rosywander was even really there? The bone crown IS really smashed? Oh, I was hoping she could go with Rosywander to the Evil Artifact Convention, also known as EvArtCon.
snip

I bring your non-existent sword back and even give it a special power and this is the thanks I get.

smh

I fixed the empty glazed eyes in it. The talking to Apiks and animalistic head (special power) are staying though. Also, I can't know what every single person expects their character to be. I just do the best estimation I can that would make for a fun story.
Rosywander is an adamantium luckblade. He doesn't really need another special ability.
Yeah, sorry about expecting you to just know how I want Rosywander played.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: August 18, 2017, 02:59:01 pm »

Just FYI, Nox just cares about keeping the fort safe, Erin is still hard at work trying to make a physical robot body for himself and also keeping all the dead souls at the lab rather than haunting people until they can get buried/slabbed, and Sydney is just having fun with the Orchestra's supercomputer powers (playing Portal 2 and such).

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: August 18, 2017, 03:00:17 pm »

Maybe a list of how people want their character to be portrayed should be in the OP.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: August 18, 2017, 03:00:58 pm »

I'm not sure there's room.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: August 18, 2017, 03:02:52 pm »

Just FYI, Nox just cares about keeping the fort safe, Erin is still hard at work trying to make a physical robot body for himself and also keeping all the dead souls at the lab rather than haunting people until they can get buried/slabbed, and Sydney is just having fun with the Orchestra's supercomputer powers (playing Portal 2 and such).

I'mma need to know which ones are alive and doing stuff, including Quill and whoever else there is since they'll probably be brought up.

Maybe a list of how people want their character to be portrayed should be in the OP.

Not happening. If you want character portrayal then it has to be written by the person with the character. I also believe I wrote up quite a few posts directed towards Glass before that mentioned that Overseers may take certain liberties with characters in order to make it a more interesting story.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 202