Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 517821 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2055 on: August 25, 2017, 11:15:31 pm »

In short, lots of questionable decisions are in the fortress.
It's a succession fort, Apiks.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: August 25, 2017, 11:27:06 pm »

I'm sad that i never spent the time to read necrothreat this summer, and I won't have rnough time to play my turn cause school and work (and wouldn't be able to do a good write anyway due to not having read most of IV). :(

I hope you're all doing well and enjoying life. Thank you for keeping Necrothreat alive. Keep being awesome  :)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: August 25, 2017, 11:32:42 pm »

I'm sad that i never spent the time to read necrothreat this summer, and I won't have rnough time to play my turn cause school and work (and wouldn't be able to do a good write anyway due to not having read most of IV). :(

I hope you're all doing well and enjoying life. Thank you for keeping Necrothreat alive. Keep being awesome  :)

That is rather disappointing. I was looking forward to your turn. I'll pull you off the turn list then. I hope you can return in the future when you have more free time though. You're always welcome to Necrothreat.

Good luck with school and everything else you might have on your plate!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: August 26, 2017, 12:32:59 am »

Let's also not forget I spent the latter half of my first turn bunkering in the "self contained" fort, terrified of the troll/gamer siege with our nonexistent military. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: August 26, 2017, 12:53:47 am »

Let's also not forget I spent the latter half of my first turn bunkering in the "self contained" fort, terrified of the troll/gamer siege with our nonexistent military.

Can somebody remind me who was the fool that single-handedly dismantled the bustling military I left behind? I think I may need to add a name to the executioner's list.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: August 26, 2017, 08:36:37 pm »

Gimme a moment, need to test something...
EDIT: Okay, so it knows that I'm Glass, but the forums still want me to log in for some reason. Seriously, instead of showing my user setting stuff at the top bar, it has "login" and "register". I don't know why.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: August 27, 2017, 11:37:29 am »

Foul stuff is afoot my kingdom. I can smell it. The danger, it sticks to this place’s walls and demands entrance to the crevices of your mind at every opportunity. It has even invaded the air that we breathe, filling it with undeniable tension.

Amidst all of this forumites work tirelessly to fulfill my orders. They toil under their forges, sharpen their fighting skills and forge new glories beyond times past. And yet all of this is not enough.

Our food reserves are running dangerously low just as we are entering the dead of winter. The pantry is not ready. We have the animals to butcher, but not the places to store them in or the food to feed them with.

The exhausting daily routine has left many of us in a trance – one that we find ourselves unable to wake up from. It feels like the outside world has just melted away, leaving the ever so beckoning cold halls of fortress the sole reality.

Time itself stopped existing, for the only measure we have is the movement of those other than us, but who is to say that they are not also a part of you? Everything blends together and a silence descends upon every denizen of Necrothreat.

But in a short moment, a moment of a new glory being created, the stone haze was broken. Novelty flowed once more through the hearts of each forumite, filling it with renewed vigor as a new monument was erected.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alas that was but a short moment and soon the curse of boredom reigning supreme. But the danger never left, always whispering its sweet symphony, even as darkness enveloped us all around.

And then one day, just as the very first vestiges of Winter reared their head, a scream pierced the air and our hearts were moved once more to action. The tension and danger filling the air now melting away as it gave way to something else. Adrenaline. Excitement could be felt radiating from every forumite as a determined yell roused our spirits.

“Battle stations!”

But then… Silence. Nobody came. At my orders a scout was sent and the returning report was worth pondering upon. Our enemies, having invaded our lands, now fought between each other. The politicians having come to build a fundraiser in our lands, seem to have entered a quarrel with the gamers and are now fighting without restraint. Some of the soldiers started making bets on who would win but that quickly deteriorated when gamer reinforcements arrived.

Our enemies multiply as haxxors have now entered the battlefield and they too begin battling between each other. Seeing the carnage with which they fight amongst themselves, I merely shake my head and disband the war party. We might be under siege but they had no way of breaching the fortress. Preparing for winter took precedence.

Just in case though I made sure the courage wolves were placed at the fort entrance, to dissuade any would be saboteurs. Hopefully everything went without a hitch.

Outside I receive reports from the scout that our old enemies – the trolls – have entered the fray. At this rate they would destroy themselves without us even lifting a finger. I can only hope the Necrothreader menace does not arrive, as that would spell the end of all fighting outside.

The same enemies battling outside have proven themselves truly to be the enemy I have claimed them to be – the scourge of all life. They have now taken to destroying what little wildlife there is outside, steeping so low as to attack defenseless horses, the barbarians.

Scoot tells me that they’ve probably mistaken it for an ally of the horse haxxor battling them, but that’s nonsense. The people must know that they are destroyers of life. It’s good for my ratings, you know?

Half a month later and the kitchen has been completed. It is now full equipped to deal with our low food supply issue. It is now filling our tummies with an envious speed. It is a nice sound to sleep to the last cries of animals being butchered. Brings a smile to a forumite’s face.

However that is not all that has been completed. The great religious ban has finally been enforced in its entirety. From now on I proclaim our beautiful kingdom to be secular. Long live me!

I've been wondering this for a while, but why have we not had any Necrothreader sieges? We've gotten plenty of politicians though. This is making me think that for some reason the politicians have replaced the necrothreaders in the world space. As you can see on the embark site on the main post, there is in fact a necromancer tower in our region.

On another note you were absolutely correct. The FPS is horrendous. Playable, but horrendous. Any clue on how we can improve it?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:41:57 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: August 27, 2017, 11:47:43 am »

There was a zombie seige that started on Alias1's turn.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: August 27, 2017, 11:49:43 am »

It's always fun to have your opponents kill each other for you.

That said: you have completely destroyed the rhyme that the cathedral had. Now that poem praising you just sounds dumb, rather than actually being something anyone would like.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: August 27, 2017, 01:10:40 pm »

In Arc's less than humble opinion, any poem praising Apiks is dumb.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: August 27, 2017, 01:21:05 pm »

That said: you have completely destroyed the rhyme that the cathedral had. Now that poem praising you just sounds dumb, rather than actually being something anyone would like.
I figured that was intentional/in character.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: August 27, 2017, 08:04:24 pm »

I'm in agreement, unless dwarfy1 wrote in, in which case it's likely awesome.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: August 28, 2017, 10:42:16 am »

I managed to improve the FPS by roughly 12 by setting a lot of traffic zones. In addition I managed to grind past the new year.

However I appear to have encountered a problem I'm uncertain of how to deal with. The miners refuse to work on specific walls, or you might say, parts of designated mining locations. They mine everything else, but stuff around the problematic area. It's happened on two different floors in multiple different rooms and I have no clue how to fix it. I tried changing the priority but that seems to be to no avail, and I'm certain the Miners aren't just busy since they're idle on the unit screen.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: August 28, 2017, 11:58:56 am »

I managed to improve the FPS by roughly 12 by setting a lot of traffic zones. In addition I managed to grind past the new year.

However I appear to have encountered a problem I'm uncertain of how to deal with. The miners refuse to work on specific walls, or you might say, parts of designated mining locations. They mine everything else, but stuff around the problematic area. It's happened on two different floors in multiple different rooms and I have no clue how to fix it. I tried changing the priority but that seems to be to no avail, and I'm certain the Miners aren't just busy since they're idle on the unit screen.
Check to ensure you don't have burrows active, or if you do, that the offending regions are covered. 

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: August 28, 2017, 12:12:51 pm »

Check to ensure you don't have burrows active, or if you do, that the offending regions are covered.

I think that may be it, considering how straight the problem areas are.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 202