Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 513902 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2070 on: August 28, 2017, 12:38:40 pm »

Quote from: apiks
I think that may be it, considering how straight the problem areas are.
That's the issue then.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: August 29, 2017, 12:37:07 pm »

Another day, another toil in my kingdom of turmoil. We were still stuck in the fortress, with no opportunity to go outside lest we be caught in the carnage of the siege. That hardly mattered though, as no sane forumite would even want to see the sun. We were all perfectly content to sit in our kingdom, polishing our laptops, playing with our courage wolves and lolcats, and exchanging memes between ourselves.

Indeed you could say that everything was going right for once, despite our outside predicament. The politician force appears to have somehow triumphed over the numerically superior gamers, as evidenced by the constant yelling about candidates instead of constant yelling about a console war.

My military was forming up to be quite the formidable little force. I was hoping I could get to show it off soon, regardless whether to an actual or imagined enemy. I’ve taken measures to insert my presence into every person under my command and subvert their ability to question and rage against me.

Such a thing would normally be rather flashy, not suitable for the subtlety required, but in this case it worked quite well as I myself personally have fallen under the spell’s enchantment, making it extra effective. After all who would suspect a bunch of soldiers paying their respects to their king by imitating him? Not I, oh no.

It is with such joy that I secretly radiated when I noticed some of the soldiers starting to dedicate extra time to their military duties. It wasn’t that obvious, but the difference was there. Showing up early for training, taking better care of their weapons, being proactive in their tactical studies and a strong desire to show off their courage. You’d think that all soldiers would have this quality, but no, only the most loyal and dedicated do.

Now, just because this dedication had a bit of nudging coming from me didn’t matter. After all you could call all those traits positive ones and nobody would judge you for them. Of course there was a limit to it, but it was well in line with the creation of my own legend, etching my very being into the people I lead. And all of this starts with my new symbol of power – the chainsaw.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Indeed its great melody speaks to its wielder as it rends the flesh and bone of your enemy. It is as if it is whispering its cruel yet addictive song to the user, putting him in a battle trance with ease. Maybe once the number of chainsaw users increases I’ll create a proper organization for it. A real Orchestra.

With how quiet things are out on the front, I’ve decided that our people now have the freedom to traverse anywhere they wish, including the outside encampment. This was met with great cheers as apparently quite a few people dropped some valuables outside during the dash to the inside.

Despite their not so selfless reasoning, I was more than satisfied when Scoot told me that every soul in the fortress was rushing to do business with the formerly forbidden sectors of the fortress. Scoot told me that giving the peasants complete access was a bad idea. I told him to keep his dungeon better hidden.

So you can imagine my surprise when Scoot and a bunch of peasants busted through my door, wielding pitchforks, for what reason I do not know as we do not use hay underground, and stared at me with a rather dangerous look. I reached for Tanbutan below the desk and fingered the trigger.

The office was big enough that they would have the advantage of circling around me, and the also have the weapon with the longer reach, but they were clumsy in its usage. I would shred them and their weapons in an instant before they could even take an action. The problematic one was Scoot though. He is my second-in-command in the squad and is a rather proficient Axe Lord, even if his tiny stature doesn’t look like it.

However a moment later I noticed a wounded child behind them at the doorway. He had a puncture wound on the shoulder he was covering. Feeling my stomach sink, I raised an eyebrow at Scoot and he opened his mouth to speak. “We’ve been breached.” He groaned.

I rose to my feet immediately, pushing the chair on the ground in my ascent. Revving the chainsaw up I looked Scoot dead in the eye and ordered him to gather the military and put these peasants out of the way. I sensed their growing unease at my treatment towards their will to fight so at the doorway I looked back and eased their fears. “Your King will take the frontlines himself.”

Striding through the hallway I noticed how hectic the fort was. Everyone was moving to and fro, nearly colliding with each other. It is at these moments that I am glad that I established the precedent for large hallways during my first rule. Glad to know that not every overseer was without reprieve,

Scoot assured me that the military was in full swing, moving to meet at the fortress entrance. That was further proven by the fact that forumite after forumite came to my side as the halls passed by with a flurry. Rounding the corner I saw the Red Hammer walking with her entire squad towards the designated point.

She gave me a grim look and joined my entourage as finally the military of Necrothreat was gathered. The problematic intruders appear to have come from the side entrance, the one leading to the encampment. My worst fears were realized as the doors were unable to withhold the intruders and they now had free reign to enter our homes.

Having now assembled in the former food area, at the very entrance, we stood vigil waiting for the enemy to spew forth from the corridor behind the door. It was a good position to take considering the corridor was small enough that only one person could pass at once.

Steps could be heart from behind the sole stone door that stood between us and the enemy invasion. I have no clue how they managed to breach us – we should’ve been completely protected behind our outside walls. That however did not matter as now the enemy’s piercing cry reached us, one crying out for an Evan Mcmullin.

The time had come, the door bursted open. What came out was… less than stellar. It was a single politician, an Evan Mcmullin flag waver, carrying his weapon of a piercing kind – a flag. A single one. Nothing more behind him. It was just him, with foam coming out of his mouth as the words that came out of him ended garbled.

Scoot and I merely looked at each and threw a palm at our faces. The Red Hammer raised her hands in exasperation and stormed off. The rest of the military just had a hearty laugh and fetched themselves a few beers from the nearby food bins.

With exceeding disappointment, Scoot and I walked to the offending party in question, and destroyed him. Scoot cut off his bodyparts with his Axe whilst I rent them to a dessicated mush. Even the flag wasn’t spared this faith as it was ripped to shreds. A small cheer arose from behind us. This entire expedition couldn’t even count as training. The siege was broken. As the ancient Necrothreat texts would say, what a troll.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:39:46 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: August 29, 2017, 12:52:48 pm »

So close and yet so far, McMuffin.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: August 31, 2017, 12:38:49 pm »

Well, uh, this is awkward. As I was doing my daily checkup of the state of the fortress, I came upon a peculiar sight in the memorial hall – that of my own memorial slab. Seeing it reminded me of the older days. The days when I was still weak. That said it also reminded me of the days before the war, when everything was still simple.

On the other hand I would have never aspired to reach the heights I have now, so I can’t really give much pity to my past self. The person I was now was undoubtedly the best. Thinking otherwise was a dangerous path to tread.

As to what had brought me to the memorial hall itself, well, that was a rather strange matter in its own right. You see, apparently the ghost of CarefulRogue decided to pay a visit to the emergency bunker. That spooked a number of us, and especially the forumite with the same name – Rogue.

So here I am, in the resting place of the dead, trying to find out what went wrong. The problem, however, was that nothing was wrong. His body was here, properly buried and engraved. My entourage consisted of more than just me. This naturally led to rumors being spread amongst the general population.

Seeing this as an opportunity I moved in to support these rumors, officially proclaiming the ghost of CarefulRogue Livinglance to be the first new Guardian of Necrothreat. Deriving from the venerable ancient texts of Necrothreat, this brought new hope to my people that our mission here was not in vain. Finally we would not be alone in our fight against Ur and Armok!

Of course all of this was complete baloney. There is no new “Guardian of Necrothreat.” In fact the ghost in question disappeared a few days later on its own accord. I’m just chalking it up to this place’s unique magical reserve creating apparitions by pulling them from the beyond for short periods of time.

Well that was still better than sending mass visions to everybody in the fortress. At least that had significantly diminished ever since more and more people started living here. Sure you get the occasional rambling here and there, but for the most part it was either ignored or penned.

Indeed the more I think about it, the more I see a need for me to rally my people behind me with the support of another symbol of old. Not Sprin this time. Fella was easy to control but I’d rather not test his restraint again. I have no clue where he went though. The memorial hall has two slabs dedicated to him, but somehow I doubt that he’s dead.

Talking about Rogue, I’ve seen him grown closer to his steel shield. He appears to be excessively polishing it with a grim face. When someone asked him about it he just replied that it was the key to everything. Well, I’m not sure what key he’s talking about, but if he means the key to his heart, much like how Tanbutan is to mine, he’s not wrong, haha!

The best news that I’ve received all winter, however, definitely has to be of Domas’ craftsmanship. He took over a craftmason’s workshop for the entirety of Winter, speaking gibberish to whoever he saw, hauling random bits of tools to the workshop. I just told everybody to let him do whatever he wanted and to stay outta his way. Last time someone was like this, they went violent when disrupted.

The reality was that the influence of the fortress sometimes made the ghosts of the Necrothreat of old to infuse with the mind of a forumite, forcing him to do the will of this ghost, who more often than not merely wanted to practice its craft once more. While most of what they said during this period was gibberish, sometimes they actually had some decipherable ramblings which gave great insight into the past of this place. That’s the true reason they’re not to be bothered.

Most of what they craft is useless and I’ve all but forsaken the notion that they may one day craft something usable. Domas, however, prove me wrong as he has created the most beautiful forumitian craftsmanship I have ever seen. A full sized adamantine door, engraved with our past exploits and shining like the sun outside. One that would stop the breath of any person that laid their eyes upon it, only to remind them that the moment they thought they were spending looking has turned into an hour and that maybe it was a good idea to finally take a breath.

It is with pride that I’ve ordered the adamantine door - which goes by the name of Kegethkon Angennar – to be installed at the entrance to my new throne room and royal chambers. May all who pass through it be reminded of the splendor that I have brought them! I hope they spare a bit of time to look at me too when they enter though.

And to top it off, just as Winter ended, migrants having heard of the wealth of my kingdom have decided to establish permanent residence in my fortress! This has brought our total population to 80. I welcome them with open arms and have ordered full access to the outside to any forumite in my kingdom that desires it to be so.

And apparently they needed it, if I had to judge from how half the fortress population decided that it was a good time to pack up and leave. Hmph, the insolence! I had the military establish a perimeter and keep anyone from leaving beyond its bounds.

Giving access to the outside wasn’t all for naught, however. From the many past battles that have been waged outside by foreign parties, a lot of good gear was forgotten, and I’m not one to balk at free loot. The military is now quite a few weapons and armor richer!

Not to mention people too! Of the eight migrants that arrived, three of them have been drafted into the military. This nearly pushes us to two full squads. A sprawling military, that is what I left the first time around and this is what I’ll leave this time again!

That is why I’ve announced the formation of my personal bodyguard. The most elite of the elite soldiers have been given the equivalent position of Champion of Necrothreat – Forum god. They consist of the Red Hammer, Doren, the Carrier of Rosywander, and Th4DwArfY, Battle-miner & brewer extraordinare. The last one’s name had me quite worried when I heard of it, but there should be no worries there. Merely a coincidence. I disposed of the original Th4DwArfY1 in quite a secure manner after all and I'm not one to balk at talent.

And so my personal guard was brought to fruition, the food stockpiles brought to stable levels, and overall splendor returned to our halls! Hallowed be my name!

Or else.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:42:26 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: August 31, 2017, 01:57:15 pm »

Journal entry 245
It would seem I wasn't careful enough with my last venture out.  It shouldn't have been possible, but somehow, someone saw me.  An individual forumite having a scare about it isn't anything unusual--we had a number of ghosts over the years, and I've seen where they now gather--but it was when Apiks heard about it that problems arose. 

I'm certain at this point, any attempts to trick him failed when my last died.  I'd spied on Apiks when he went down into the catacombs and thoroughly searched through the crypt.  From their, the rumors only spread, until Apiks added a new twist to the tale-- "Carefulrogue LivingLance, Guardian of Necrothreat."  Shoot me, that sounds terrible.  While it might provide some cover, it's more likely to sow trouble if I get seen again, and it reaches his ears.  For that matter, why did the oh-so-special king bother with a rumor?

The new shield's nice, since I lost the other one.  Light enough to swing around, maybe good enough to bash in a politicians head in, but we'll wait and see on that. 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 01, 2017, 09:40:08 am »

Th4DwArfY1: "Well, bollocks."

Also, I'm assuming my turn is coming up. I'll be away for a few days, but should be back in time to pick it up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 03, 2017, 10:25:00 am »

Kosoth was a simple man. He was conscripted by the current reigning King Apiks against his will and forced to train tirelessly since the start of his rule. The only measure of respite he was allowed was in the form of tortured sleep where yet again he found himself sparring.

Day in, day out it was all drilling the basics over and over again, even as callouses formed and tears were shed. The moment you took a break either the King himself took notice and shot you a scary look or the Red Hammer, praise be her name, came to talk to you to give you an excuse to rest. Regret filled Kosoth’s face whenever he remembered he’s not a part of her squad.

In the scenario that you dared speak up about the terrible conditions that the military enforced on its members, you would quickly find yourself in the King’s office. Few were lucky enough to leave without an extra bruise and fear in their eyes. When questioned about what transpired inside they refused to speak of it and you could see them shy away from the topic like a terrified animal. It’s those same rebels that became staunch loyalists after this.

It wasn’t all bad though. Kosoth was nothing before his enlistment. He had no trade, no skills to be enviable of and no family. The only thing he was good at was tracking and even that was useless since he was terrible at the stealth required for hunting.  The military gave him a place to belong, at least, with similar minded people, working towards the same goal.

He barely sustained himself with gutting fish for a small fishing town in the past, a terrible occupation for a sky-fearful forumite like himself. When the fishing house burned down in an accident, he saw it as time to pack his belongings, which consisted of absolutely nothing, and head to the emigration office. It’s they that paid for his trip to Necrothreat and even housed him for a bit. If only he knew he would have run like a madman.

Which, coincidentally, is also where he got sent to. The den of madmen. Necrothreat was unnatural. Kosoth could swear he saw shadows in the torchlight. He was told that it was nothing out of the ordinary, that it happened. That he also may see visions or be visited by ghosts. Did these people hear themselves? Ghosts, visions and hallucinations were not normal!

Unfortunately nobody paid him any notice, and he dared not speak up lest he get sent to the King’s chambers. When spring began his worst fears came true. A military expedition was announced, a response to a new forgotten beast that was now prowling the caverns beneath the fortress. Naturally Kosoth – a god fearing man, something now also banned by the crazy King, - picked up his belongings and opened the door, determined to finally leave this place.

What he saw on the other side of the door, however, was the last thing he wanted to see. King Apiks was in front of him with the cursed chainsaw that he never left out of his sight. Apiks threw an arm on Kosoth’s shoulder and hauled him away towards the caverns, bringing the entire military in tow in much the same manner. There was no chance of escaping from the scrutiny of so many trained soldiers. He cursed at himself for not leaving earlier.

When they finally arrived at the entrance to the caverns, the soldiers had to pass by a Forgotten Beast’s corpse. It was the one slain by the King himself a week before he usurped the throne. There was nothing left of the corpse but a gelatinous mush. We took station to the right of the entrance, steeling our nerves for the upcoming fight. Moments later the Red Hammer’s squad arrived and took position to the left of the Entrance.

The King’s second in command then, Doren, briefed us. Apparently the enemy was a glorified feathered slug with a shell. Early reports say that it could even swim since it did not need to breathe. What was dangerous about it, however, is that it breathed fire. Fire was especially dangerous in limited quarters like the ones in the caverns due to a lack of space to dodge towards and smoke filling up the room more easily, knocking out those who breathed in too much.

What Doren said next chilled Kosoth to the bone. The recruits were to engage the creature first, to display the results of their training. Four people, in teams of two would approach it one after another. Kosoth’s name was on the list. The Red Hammer’s squad was to defend the entrance and provide assistance if need be, but try to avoid influencing the other squad.

Kosoth was put in the first team to attack the creature with another man that was conscripted at the same time as he was. They shared a look of bewilderment at the situation they’ve found themselves in and Kosoth let another curse at his luck. Sweat began to form on his forehead as his breathing became more ragged. He had to control himself in front of the King. He couldn’t let that man see him scared. He opened his mouth to say something but a quiet rumbling in the distance stopped him short. His mouth just stayed like that.

Hearing Doren yell to get in position, Kosoth fearfully took the front along with his fellow conscript. The creature rounded the corner. It was a huge feathered slug that defied any logic as to how it could produce fire. It left slime behind its trail. Its main sense must’ve been hearing as when it heard the forumites shouting it went straight for them. Kosoth did not want to be anywhere near the monster.

But that’s what he was forced to do as the order to march was given. He moved slightly slower than his teammate, putting him in front of him as the cavern closed in. A coward’s move, true, but he didn’t have the option to think as his entire mind was dedicated to trying not to turn heel and run. The creature did nothing as we got closer, instead undulating in one spot. Maybe it wouldn’t be that hard after all. Then it spewed fire.

I backed against the wall I was about to round, pushing my armored back against it. Fire came a second later as it singed the very wall. Another second later and a scream erupted. His teammate. Kosoth peeked from the side of the wall and saw his friend on his knees in front of the beast, clutching at his throat. The smell of charred flesh hit Kosoth’s nose and his stomach started moving in rebellion. Flames were still withering on the ground next to the fallen recruit. The rest of his body was fine for the most part thanks to his armor – the only blessing this military gave.

His mind, however, was broken, signaled by the fact he was now backpedaling towards the rest of the squad who merely sat there and watched him. King Apiks raised a hand and the other team of two were sent. They walked sheepishly towards the readying beast before a quick shout kicked them running. Kosoth decided to flank it and went from the other side of the wall. It was starting to be hard to see as smoke filled the area.

He moved slowly, making sure that the creature did not notice him. The stealth he moved with surprised even him. He could see its back now. It was two arms reaches away. Just a bit more and he could launch a surprise attack. His newly discovered confidence was cut short when it spewed fire again.

This time it hit one of the incoming soldiers in the face, making him recoil in pain and horror. His mate cursed and jumped towards him, pushing him to the ground, singing his own arm in the process. The forumite on the ground was screaming with agony as his teammate tried to bring some sense to him. Kosoth’s own teammate was now huddling on the ground, holding his throat and softly crying. At least that’s what Kosoth thought he was doing. It was hard to tell as he couldn’t make a sound without eliciting pain from his vocal chords.

Thinking that the beast would pause to let out its fire again, the only other standing forumite charged the creature, planning to end it before it could immolate us again. He was about to collide with it when the beast swerved around with sudden agility and slapped the charging forumite with his tail, sending him straight to the wall, accompanied with a dreadful crunch.

The spin left it standing directly in front and peering of Kosoth. He dropped his weapon as his loins betrayed him and started backing up as the creature brought its head closer to his with an adrenaline fueled slow motion. His back hit a wall. He had nowhere to run now. It brought its head next to his ears. He could hear it, the slow churning inside it as it prepared its fire. It hissed to him in a horrid manner, putting on his face tears as he screamed a prayer.

“Omer save me!”

A pounding sounded in the background. Two more like it. The pounding came in rhythmic steps, much like how it sounded - the pounding of adamantine boots on the cold cavern floor, echoing in the cavern. The creature reared itself in preparation for the new enemy. Kosoth opened an eye and saw what had come to his saving. He almost wished he didn’t.

Doren was the owner of these heavy steps as he walked towards the beast intimidatingly. Interestingly, her sword, Rosywander he thinks it was called, was still sheathed. What, however, brought dread to Kosoth laid behind the upcoming challenger. King Apiks was drilling holes into him with eyes open so wide it was impossible, a madness glowing in them. Kosoth closed his eyes, pretending that this wasn’t happening. He knew what he had done wrong and now he wished he hadn’t. He had prayed.

Kosoth felt his knees give out and he collapsed to the ground. Opening his eyes he saw another volley of fire come. Doren sidestepped to the side with a trained ease and jumped towards the head of the creature. Kosoth felt his jaw loosen as Doren hit it in the face with her gauntlet, closing up the fiery pits inside. The force was enough to knock its head to the ground, making it squirm like a proper worm.

Wasting no time, as Doren was falling from the jump, she spun with incredible precision and smashed her leg right in the creature’s mouth. It flew towards Kosoth but hit the wall next to him with a heavy thud. Suddenly remembering where he was, Kosoth tried to crawl away from the hideous beast but it was too late. It grabbed him with its tail and secured itself a hostage; it seemed to know what that meant.

It was pointless, however, as Doren ran towards it with blinding speed, drawing her sword in the process. She slashed and stabbed at the tail, puncturing it until she could hack it off with ease before it knew that she was upon it. The creature screamed a retching sound and spewed forth its fire, seemingly at random in response to its pain. One specific burst had the luck to be directed towards Doren, only to fall flat of its goal as she raised her sword which, Kosoth swears, ate the flames themselves.

Entering its final stretch, the forgotten beast lunged towards Doren with a fully open maw which now displayed countless rows of razor sharp teeth and a black liquid inside. Using the momentum of the enemy, Doren fell prone and raised her sword, skewering it from one end to the other, bathing her in its insides.

The adrenaline was starting to wear off now and Kosoth felt total exhaustion wash over him, making his eyelids excruciatingly heavy. The last thing he saw before losing consciousness was Doren clad from head to toe in a black ink, only the pearly white of her eyes visible, and the penetrating mad gaze of the king. Kosoth wished he was as dead as the beast.

Tapestries hung on the wall of the King’s chambers. The stone table housed most of the business documents pertaining to his kingdom. The top one displayed what was a notice of visitation from an important baroness consort in the region. Other reports hung about including another sighting of the guardian of Necrothreat CarefulRogue, this time in the VIP quarters.

Apiks sat in his chair in silence with Kosoth in front of him, who now moved to leave the room. Once the door clicked close, Apiks stood up and in one motion pushed everything on the desk to the floor with a growl. He moved to destroy tapestry using his chainsaw. A chair flew to the other side of the room, breaking into pieces, splinters covering the ground.

The expedition ended as a complete failure. The recruits faltered at the first sign of adversity. Months of training showcased as nothing but a waste of time. The beast was dead, yes, but the same could be said of the morale of his soldiers.

This could not be let to stand. A complete overhaul of the training equipment must be done, the military zone to be expanded. An absolutely shameful display. Not to mention that his ban on the gods was directly defied in the heat of combat. Complete and utter failure. At least Kosoth was now converted. He would go forth and praise the monarchy for coming to his aid where the gods did not. A small solace, that.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 03, 2017, 11:04:35 am »

Dude, how long has your turn been? I'm pretty sure you've gone past a week, with more extra time spent than your story posts would allow.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 03, 2017, 11:30:18 am »

Dude, how long has your turn been? I'm pretty sure you've gone past a week, with more extra time spent than your story posts would allow.

My turn started on the 18th (3 day period to accept started on the 17th.) I did my normal 7 days which ended on the 25th. From there I kept posting updates every two days regularly of a sufficient size to net me an additional day. In total the updates were 9, counting today's. This pushes the number to the 3rd of September, in other words, today.

In addition I'm dragging it out on purpose since Th4DwArfY1 has notified me that he is unable to start his turn until Wednesday.

So, my dude, don't worry about it.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: September 03, 2017, 11:34:28 am »

Ok.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 03, 2017, 11:40:03 am »

I picked a good dwarf when I chose Red Hammer. I'm surprised she's lived this long.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: September 03, 2017, 10:20:18 pm »

I picked a good dwarf when I chose Red Hammer. I'm surprised she's lived this long.
Eh, there was singular mistake during my last turn that nearly ended the fortress.  That time everyone died.  Except for a single kid.  I only barely caught the game in time to scum... 

But yeah, this is a very good reason why I don't have a lot of faith in the military.  Getting the few legendary soldiers we have to where they are is a big achievement.  We lose them though, and everything'll collapse. 

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 03, 2017, 10:25:23 pm »

Wait, what happened that destroyed the fort?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 03, 2017, 11:37:38 pm »

Wait, what happened that destroyed the fort?
I unpaused when a Forgotten beast showed up.  The game was running so bloody slowly when I left, and I when I came back hours later, the fort was a single child away from destruction.  Turns out, there was a way into the fortress.  And because I have only the vaguest of ideas where our cavern entrances are, I don't know how to seal them off as well as I perhaps should.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: September 04, 2017, 06:02:40 am »

Funny, the same happened with me with the current beast. I decided to fight it deeper into the caverns. It decimated the military because all the smoke it was producing didn't let any forumite see.

I decided to redo this disaster when I realized the Carrier of Rosywander had died and the creature didn't take a single hit.

So yeah, when fighting fire either fight in a large area or bring ranged fighters.

Edit: I'm taking forumiting requests for anyone who wants so before Th4DwArfY1 takes the save from me.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:47:14 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 202