Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505484 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2160 on: September 20, 2017, 04:40:22 pm »

Hmm? What? He's back you say? Who's back? Oh shit, really? The OG Guardian of Necrothreat is back!
I think in-story Apiks is about to have his butt kicked.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: September 20, 2017, 04:48:34 pm »

Hmm? What? He's back you say? Who's back? Oh shit, really? The OG Guardian of Necrothreat is back!

You realize Apiks is going to kill us both for that.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: September 20, 2017, 04:57:42 pm »

All my characters are already dead. I play ghosts. :D

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: September 20, 2017, 04:58:53 pm »

yay.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: September 20, 2017, 05:00:38 pm »

All my characters are already dead. I play ghosts. :D
uh... Apiks, my in-story characters are sufficiently loyal to you. However, they don't particularly want to be destroyed, since if anyone knows how to destroy an adamantium sword, it is Highmax, so they are going on a, uh... "Mission" out of the fort. Hope your death isn't too painful!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: September 20, 2017, 05:05:37 pm »

Traitors, the lot of you!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: September 20, 2017, 05:05:41 pm »

Apiks sits on his throne of bone,
A sceptre in his hand.
We bleed the blood of Necrothreat
Across the burned out land

And from the darkness, flame in hand
A figure striding forth.
His blade is blue, his foes are damned
And vengeance is his horse.

For Highmax rides the wind of time,
While Apiks sits the throne!
We Forumites will then be free
When he comes to his own.

And when the blade is sweeping down
So softly blue its shade
The pain that is the Crowned One's mark
Will wither, slowly fade.

We hear the tread of armoured feet,
The wind is in the trees
And in our hearts of stone we hold
To him of local breed!

Let Apiks sit his throne of bone
A sceptre in his hand.
For Highmax comes to halls of stone
Across our burned out land.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: September 20, 2017, 05:16:22 pm »

Traitors, the lot of you!
Oh, no. We're the loyalists. You're the traitor.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2168 on: September 20, 2017, 05:38:40 pm »

*quietly hides evidence from the other government*
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: September 22, 2017, 12:16:49 am »

1st of Moonstone, 562

Highmax looked to the battered structure protruding over the hill, trees rising from it as if it it was part of the earth itself. "Are you certain Necrothreat is still around, Dastot? It looks abandoned for years. The ground is littered in ash, there are trees growing out of what looks to be their ramparts, and there are corpses everywhere. If a Threadromancer was here, he would have overtaken this place already." Dastot's hands shook from alcohol withdrawals as he pointed towards the gates. "Last I heard, Arx handed over his title to the High Preist here. I know it has been seven years, but I didn't think so much would have happened since I was gone." Highmax shook his head and planted his face in his mismatched glove. "It seems I have a lot of work to do..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apiks grinned as his chainsaw was inches from Rogue's face, the sound of the chainsaw's screaming drowned out Rogue's own. He let off the trigger and let the disgraced warrior rise. "Remember that next time you try to export toy axes." Apiks resettled his crown on his head before he heard something that bothered him greatly. The sound of somber silence was broken by the sound of constant chatter and movement. A siege? No, they sounded too bewildered. A party? No, they would be elsewhere. Apiks grabbed his chainsaw and began to follow behind the crowd. Apiks could hear the chatter now, but it made no sense. "They saw him coming from the north!", "He's here? But I thought he was... Here?", "Are you sure its him?" Apiks shook his head "They've all gone mad..."

As they approached the gates, two figures were seen in the distance. One was carrying many books and seemed very shaky. The other was a warrior clad in mismatched gear that was damaged beyond repair. Apiks turned to the crowd and shouted "What are you all doing? Get back to work!" It was then that young Arx stepped forward and lowered his head as he took off his battered cap. "I was wrong...." Apiks pulled the cord to his chainsaw and shouted again "I said get back in there and work! Your King orders it!" But no one moved. Apiks pulled Arx in, finger on the trigger "Why do you care about some stranger?" Apiks turned and softly left go of Arx as the warrior stood no more than thirty feet in front of him. Arx unscruffed his clothing as saluted the stranger. "The Guardian has returned."

Apiks turned to Highmax. "So you've come back... After all this time. You abandoned us and now you dare show your face here?" Highmax was silent. "You left us to die, Highmax. You're not needed here! No, you're not WANTED here!" Apiks turned behind him as ninety eyes stared him down. "If you won't remove yourself from my lands, I have no choice but to execute you to the full extent of the law!" The scholar that stood with Highmax stepped away and cowered as the warrior spoke. "A shame Apiks. We used to be friends. But if you wish to duel me, so be it." Highmax drew his sword as the crowd stood silently. DwArfY saw this as his opportunity to finally reinstate the power to the Queen of Masons. The people may have been silent, but they all wished for Apiks to fall.

The chainsaw revved as Apiks charged the swordsman and brought down his weapon, but the attack was miraculously blocked by a steel sword. Sparks flew into the air as scraping metal against meta was echoed. The crowd covered their ears against the screeching as Apiks brought down his chainsaw again, only to be blocked again. "Your weapon is outdated, Highmax! We use chainsaws now!" Highmax let fly a small smirk. "Funny. I remember a time I was berated for carrying a sword as it caused more undead. Now look at you." The chainsaw broke through the iron sword, but despite Apiks' feeling of victory, he felt something crash against his ankle. "You have forgotten our ways." Another great force upon his other ankle. "You have forgotten what Necrothreat stand for." Apiks barely had time to block as Highmax's broken blade slashed across his head and neck. The force of the impact left him stunned but did not injure him much. What was more demeaning was Highmax stomping his boot into Apiks' breastplate and leaning into him as he spoke low towards the King "And you have forgotten who I am."

Highmax kept his foot on the humiliated and bleeding Apiks. "I am taking over as overseer starting today. Necrothreat stands as a bastion against the forces of the undead. And I plan to bring it back to its glory." Highmax discarded the broken sword. "I will see to it that we are prepared for whatever comes." The scholar poked his head up from his shaking hands and let out a small smile. Perhaps that is what the fortress needed. Not a King to rule them, but a hero to lead them.

2nd of Moonstone, 562

People were still talking about Apiks' defeat at the hands of the Guardian. The bone lord retreated to his chambers to lick his wounds, but he would return. But he couldn't deal with Highmax while they were loyal to him. No, he had to wait for him to slip up; show them that the hero was not who he really was. The army was no longer behind him, but he knew with some 'persuading' he could have them at his beck and call again. But for now, Highmax barked orders as he lived up to his new title by personally implimenting his plans. No more crowns would be made, as the craftsmites began to work in making wepaons. The forges stood ready to turn these forumites into living weapons. Highmax's booming voice echoed throughout the halls as he gave orders. Dastot watched in bewilderment as this seemingly forgotten warrior was able to change things so fast.

Highmax turned as the sound of a horn brayed throughout the halls. Highmax grabbed the nearest sword and shouted.

"An ambush! Curse them!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've been at work/class or napping, so bear with me for now on having a post a day
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: September 22, 2017, 07:13:57 am »

:)
A post a day sounds great, mate.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: September 22, 2017, 11:07:25 am »

:)
A post a day sounds great, mate.
Gives us something to look forward too.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: September 23, 2017, 12:41:15 pm »

Sorry guys, update is gonna be tomorrow. Got distarcted yesterday with the rerelease of pokemon silver and today I'm out all day.

I had a nice write up ready too but then I realized that if I didn't save scum, we'd have been slaughtered by a single troll because everyone threw down their wepaons and ran in naked.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: September 23, 2017, 12:43:42 pm »

"Dude, I bet we could take that troll."
"Bet you couldn't."
"We could even do it naked!"
"What, no Urists, don't..."
"Too late!"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: September 23, 2017, 12:58:12 pm »

I take a break in my chambers for a bit and you can't even kill a single troll bare-handed.

Smh

:P
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 202