Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505722 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2205 on: September 28, 2017, 01:08:41 am »

-Snip-

Fair enough on the first and third cases.

Second, no I was never the Queen of Masons. No point in using the female counterpart either since the current Apiks is a man and it'd only create headaches if I called myself Queen again (story-wise.) If anything I'm the King of Bones.

As for the fourth point, I believe we already established that this Necrothreat is in a universe where your magic works is the usual one, but new magic is also coming from the old Necrothreats. My point is, Apiks was always blood-based in regards to his revivals in the other Necrothreats. Blood relation played a big part story-wise about who he came back as. I figure it's the same here, even if he doesn't realize it.

You really should read the other Necrothreats though, they're quite a nice read and have lots of pictures.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: September 28, 2017, 05:21:10 am »

Heartbreak. True heartbreak, is the feeling Lemonpie felt. He had loved Ustuth, the most pious of his followers. Every morning, she came to pray in the Cathedral. Every night, no matter how late, she ventured down again, to pray once more. So often had they had theological discussions. They had spent entire nights together, contemplating rainbows and sunlight. And now, her mangled corpse was carried before him. Lemonpie could do nothing but weep.

Long before, Lemonpie had prepared her tomb. She would be one of the six to be burried royally within the cathedral. Their souls would be safe from Armok's burning grasp, as their entire prescence would fill the fortress himself. He had blessed the magic connections in such ways when he first constructed the cathedral. Those burried within would never be purposeless, malevolent ghosts floating around aimlessly. No, their being would conjoin with the rocks of the Cathedral, become one with Necrothreat itself. They would become immortal, yet limited in their powers. Still, it offered no solace to Lemonpie, who wept and kept on weeping.

Several days had passed since Ustuth's corpse had been placed on his altar. Lemonpie performed the worst task an Archpriest had to perform. Embalming the body. He could not get used to the Queen's stone cold body, no matter how often his tasks required him to touch it. Yet he laboured on, knowing it was necessary to keep her noble soul away from Armok's purgatory. It had taken him several days, but finally she was presentable. He had cleaned her, sown all her wounds expertly, and put her in her most beautiful dress. She laid there, amongst a bed of white roses, lillies and orchids. Many of the flowers still charred, from the fires that raged outside. Between the flowers of her bed of white and green stood a variety of gifts for in the afterlife. Valuable jewelry, weaponry and clothes were displayed in all their grandure. But whe would not merely take valuable gifts with her, no. Between them also stood several blocks of the most beautiful marble, and her personal toolkit. She would still be able to craft masterpieces in her eternal rest.

Many had come to visit her for the last time, to say their goodbyes to the most noble woman to ever inhabit the fortress. All her life she had toiled for the fortress. She hauled the largest rocks to her mason's workshop herself when she was vital and young, but resorted to healthcare when her knees and back had become ripe with age. Yet never had she had the luxury of retirement. She never wanted to, but the fortress would have ensured her life to become less strenuous. She had deserved as much. Yet Apiks had dethroned her before the forumites ever could. He had caused her death. And all the fortress knew.

Lemonpie spoke the last verse of his sacred chant. "And may thee, Queen of the Just, Caregiver of Many..." Lemonpie paused, pained by Armok's presence in his head. Yet he managed to regain his posture, and continue on, ignoring Armok's cruel torture. "Carver of Rocks unmatched, find thy blissfull rest, and sleep in joy eternal." He gave the sign, and two forumites carried her to her tomb. The rest followed, bringing the gifts for her grave with them. With Ustuth placed in her marble coffin, and her gifts displayed, her tomb was ready to be sealed. Lemonpie closed the gate, and uttered the blessings that would protect the tomb. The sacred words caused the crowd to bathe in Omer's sacred light, but it brought joy to none. Their loss had been too grave. As Lemonpie finished, he turned around, saying something none had ever heared before. It was clear that it was not his own voice that spoke these words. No, they were the words of a god.

"I PRONOUNCE HER SAINT USTUTH THE QUEEN, SAINT OF STONEWORKING, HEALTHCARE, AND ROYALTY, PATRON SAINT OF MASONS, NURSES, KINGS AND QUEENS. MAY SHE LIVE ETERNAL, IN OUR BLESSED SOULS."

Lemonpie collapsed, blood trickling from his nose.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: September 28, 2017, 06:24:43 am »

Awfully, uh, nice thing to do to the person who broke your spine, Lemonpie. You're truly a man of Omer.

So, um, did you fix that spine for the ceremony or?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: September 28, 2017, 10:30:06 am »

Awfully, uh, nice thing to do to the person who broke your spine, Lemonpie. You're truly a man of Omer.

He can pull a miracle like in one of my other forts where a guy was mangled to death and managed to heal fully from several spinal injuries.

Although it might have been bruising...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: September 28, 2017, 10:58:00 am »

He can pull a miracle like in one of my other forts where a guy was mangled to death and managed to heal fully from several spinal injuries.

I'm more surprised Lemonpie still likes her after she beat his ass up. Maybe he didn't see that she beat him up.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: September 28, 2017, 11:12:52 am »

As per my story, he did. If he wants to change that, I don't see why not though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: September 28, 2017, 06:45:08 pm »

This is strangely heartwarming for an NPC's death.
Fact: I was actually the one who named her Queen of Masons. She was a queen, and she was a legendary mason.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: September 28, 2017, 06:53:51 pm »

I vote Queen of Masons for NT Hall of Fame.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: September 28, 2017, 07:45:35 pm »

Dastot pulled out his ink and quill and sat down with a large mug of wine, as he had done when he was here over ten years ago. Much has changed, some for the better, much for the worse. Despite having his face covered in fear the whole time, Dastot saw the crowd enjoy seeing their King be defeated. He then grabbed a stone tablet. Chances are, he's going to be doing things on the move, as he volunteered to be Highmax's chronicler during his time as overseer. And what an honor the Guardian had given him to accept it as such. He had time to write about Highmax in several thesis cases on his whereabouts, but to be elevated from Loremaster to a full time Scholar and Chronicler of the very hero that slew Ur? This was a change, and it would do him well. Dastot downed half of his mug and sighed of relief as signs of withdrawals finally started to pass. He grabbed his ink pen and began to write.

In the Footsteps of the Guardian

A written Version of the events of Highmax as overseer of Necrothreat

Written by Dastot Niskeskal

27th of Moonstone, 562

Highmax oversaw the total reforming of the army. More soldiers were drafted into the army for purposes of having a greater army at the ready, and even changing the schedule to allow breaks. But they were lax now that it was seen that Apiks was out of the picture, but Highmax would not let that happen. Highmax then rummaged through the stocks of the weapondry to find a weapon that he could call his own. A sword that would match his own. It was strange though, to see that he went through all of them and found not a single sword worth using. He settled on a silver shortsword. It was blunt, but it would have to do. What stunned him more than anything was the amount of chainsaws he found. Strange weapons he had never seen before. No one came forth on why there were so many weapons designed to maim and rend parts of the body, but their silence suggested Apiks.

He then spoke to me when he found piles of these weapons found scattered all across the place: "I remember in days long past, when my ancestors were berated for taking up the sword. They deemed it too dangerous to use against the undead, as Necromancers were known to resurrect the limbs that would be sliced off. My forefathers always proved them wrong, slaying countless numbers of the fallen. But that was because we chose to prove them wrong. These new weapons... I've seen them work firsthand against the trolls. This is... Strange... They tear flesh rather than cutting it clean through. And the machinery behind it is almost as complicated as the laptop. And the way it is used in combat is almost as barbaric as using an axe." I asked him what he planned to do with them. "The amount of these chainsaws show they were mass produced. We don't need this many. They will be melted down and reforged into armor and other weapons. Ones that will help us in defeating the undead." The order was executed within minutes.

I then sat down with the Guardian for a drink and asked Highmax about what he remembered before he was sealed in the coffin. He looked solemn at this. "I took several allies of mine. Two archers and a half mad student of magic. NAV and Mastahcheese I got to know as good friends back in Necrothreat before... I'll get to that. The magician was named BFEL. He was an outcast of the magic colleges for attempting to study magics of the undead without succumbing to their temptation. It seems easy when you're already insane. They were professionals as slaying undead." A small smirk came across his face. "We were young and foolish when we travelled to fight Ur. It took us ten years to find and reach his tower. A fourth friend had joined us in our third year but was slain five years later. Talvieno was his name. He wasn't much of a fighter as we were, but he was clever." The guardian looked solemn again as he continued.

"... We fought a large army of undead when we approached the tower's gate. Nothing out of the ordinary, but we were surprised there wasn't as many there as we found at other towers. I told the others to leave now, as it was my fate to fight Ur, not theirs. But your brothers in arms refuse to leave you after serving with you for so long, and when I charged up that tower, they waited and followed behind. We met the brunt of the necrothreaders as we ascended, but as we got closer to the top, Ur tried to surround us by having his High Lords arrive from below." Highmax took a deep breath and paused for a moment. I told him it was ok to stop here, but he continued. "They went alone and told me to ascend. I cut my way up, knowing if I killed Ur, I would stop the madness. And I made it to the top." Highmax finished his mug from barely drukn down to the last drop.

"It's always strange when your foe tells you how you killed him before. And how he learned. I dreamt I did it once before, but Ur was around long before me. And in t  dream, I wasn't exactly... Me. No records stated that we fought before, or did any of my ancestors, but he knew me. I barely had a chance to attack him when he put me in that damn prison..." Highmax gripped his empty mug in fury so hard that he didn't realize it broke. It didn't help that at this point, his head leaned forward and tears leaked through his eye-patch. But he did not stutter or falter. "Ur told me in that state that I wouldn't be able to die. And I will outlast Necrothreat into the next world. And the next... And the next... But he showed me something before I was taken into the place between life and death. He showed me my friends being overrun, calling for me to kill him already. The despair in their eyes as they found out I had failed them... NAV was first to find out and fired his crossbow into his neck, killing him instantly. BFEL was overwhelmed by the magic he had tried to study for so long, and was destroyed by it. Not even a corpse was left... And Mastahcheese..." Highmax closed his eye and wiped the tears from his eye-patch.

I had someone bring another mug of alcohol but he refused it. "Later he returned to show my the destruction of my home. My friends, my brothers and sisters in arms... My sister... He showed me each and every forumite being slain as if I was there, standing on the battlefield. I screamed at them to run, just as I did to my allies, but no sound came out. I could only hear the screams of dying forumites... I could smell the rotting bodies and the smoke as it happened. And when the last forumite was slain... I felt nothing. I couldn't move, I couldn't see, I couldn't hear, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't even tell if I was holding my eyes shut anymore. I merely existed, plagued by my thoughts for what seemed like a never ending nightmare..." He got up from his seat then and started to head out, talking about how he needed to make sure no one suffered that fate again.

Dastot noticed something odd after he closed his book. The people of Necrothreat were in a strange state. They were in a state of melancholy from the death of the Queen of Masons, but they were outwardly ready to rebel against Apiks. It seemed he was still lurking in the shadows, biding his time for a moment to strike. Dastot was puzzled over one thing as he finished the pages of his book. Some began to enrage and shout mad ravings, some broke down into tears, but most seemed to be in a constant state of merely existing. The cheer of Highmax's return was gone. But Highmax will make things better he told himself as he refilled his mug and begun to drink it as he heard screaming down the hall, followed by silence. Dastot rushed over and saw one of the soldiers standing in the food stockpile, surrounded by pots and barrels. He was cracking his knuckles and stared down the scholar as he walked past, putting a hand on Dastot's shoulder. "What you saw is what happens when you disrespect the law." Dastot swore he saw blood dripping from his mouth, but no fangs showing he was a vampire. He felt something wet where he was touched and saw his new silken robes bearing a bloody handprint where the spearman touched him. Dastot rushed forward and covered his eyes and turned away to vomit.

Hidden amongst the barrels and pots was the battered an bloody body of the woodcrafter, barely alive with his face mangled beyond recognition.

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: September 29, 2017, 06:02:33 am »

I'm more surprised Lemonpie still likes her after she beat his ass up. Maybe he didn't see that she beat him up.
She fought Lemonpie presumably on Apiks' orders, and cared tenderly afterwards.

Forgiving is the key to a life without hate.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: September 29, 2017, 06:20:37 am »

Funny, that, I personally thought it was on Armok's orders, especially considering in an earlier post of Th4DwArfY1 Apiks was all chummy with Lemonpie.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: September 29, 2017, 11:45:30 am »

Funny, that, I personally thought it was on Armok's orders, especially considering in an earlier post of Th4DwArfY1 Apiks was all chummy with Lemonpie.
Ik might've misunderstood then. But Armok or Apiks, she probably wouldn't be able to resist either's commands.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 01, 2017, 02:17:40 pm »

Was gonna post last night, but had some problems in reality. Doing better now, so here's your update.

The woodcrafter survived his brutal beating but he refused to speak up to what happened. The only witness was Highmax's aide, Dastot, but he too refused to speak up. But no one expected it to happen again, as a mangled up and beaten body was found of a fishery worker. His skull caved in and his body was littered with bruises. But again, none spoke up on the circumstances of his death. When asked what he knew, Dastot refused. Lord Lemonpie decided to take matters into his own hands to solve this mystery. Although he could no longer hear the call of the gods, he believed it was his duty to find out who was killing these poor souls. Taking Arx with him, Lord Lemonpie decided that they would get nothing from his mouth, but Dastot was more reclusive about his writings. Lord Lemonpie figured that he knew something, but he wouldn't speak up about it.

Dastot's hands shook almost violently as he tried to drink his wine. No amount of alcohol would work this time. He had his own personal study now. While the other scholars kept to the main library, discussing reproduction and contemplating diseases (Note: That actually happened. Scholars did both at the same time, but I lost the image of it), Dastot had the burden of a thousand lifetimes on his shoulders. The people could see it. Everyone could. But he spoke nothing of it. He followed Highmax around, always writing. When he wasn't, he was in his study. He barely went to sleep, as seen by the bags under his eyes. Dastot leaned in to sip his drink only for his shaky hand to spill it over his clothes. Dastot threw his mug at the nearby door and shouted in blind fury, collapsing to his knees and gripping his head. That's when he felt a hand on his back.

"You're troubled. Tell me, Dastot, for the sake of all of Necrothreat: what happened?"

Dastot looked up at the crippled Lord Lemonpie, held up by Arx and his staff. "I... I cannot tell you..." Dastot crawled frantically to the nearest wall and curled up. "I must keep this to myself..." Arx spoke up. "If you're afraid of Apiks, you don't have to worry anymor-" Dastot jolted up in a flash and pointed towards the door. "AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I CANNOT SAY. APIKS IS STILL SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT." The two forumites looked confused. "But Highmax has taken control. How do you-" Dastot pointed to his written pages, hand shaking violently at this point. "I have seen what is happening around us. Apiks has seen it too. And that is why those two forumites were battered." Lord Lemonpie let go of Arx and crawled over to the forumite and grabbed his arm to pull the forumite closer.

"Dastot. Tell us. What is happening? Why should we still be afraid of Apiks?"

Dastot pulled out his chair and helped the crippled preist into the seat and then pulled out some papers written with clear haste. "Apiks has seen that Highmax only cares for war. Apiks has taken this opportunity to use the magic he has to bend people to his will. He is angered Highmax is undoing his wishes. The melting of the chainsaws, using the forges to make old, conventional weapons, and using the bones apiks needed to make more weapons and bolts.

But haven't you noticed something strange? Apiks hasn't been around. No one has seen him during all this... Let me read you it, so that way you will know what I saw..."

14th of Obsidian, 562

There was something off going on. People seemed to haul strange bags and boxes to some locked room with blank expressions on their faces, only to walk out confused of where they were. I asked Highmax if he knew what was behind there, and he said that it didn't concern him. I took time to peek inside when Highmax was sleeping and was greeted with horror. Corpses, bones, and all manner of body parts strewn across the floor, piled high to the tall ceiling above my head. I saw amidst it, a masterly ornate throne made of stone and skulls with a figure sitting atop of it, wearing a crown of bone. Apiks smiled at me as his head brought up. Something was eminating from him, but I couldn't tell. I saw someone walk in behind me and dump a bag nearby, revealing the corpse of Oddom, a marksmite that had fallen two months prior. Her body was half decomposed, with maggots eating her flesh.

"I welcome you to my throne room, Dastot. Did Highmax tell you about this? Or was your curiosity calling you here? Just before the production of crowns was ended by that insufferable Dwarfy, I managed to create one last crown of bone before they were all destroyed. It isn't as powerful as the one that was taken from me, but this one works perfectly." He took off the masterwork crown as a dark aura surrounded it. "I have achieved a level of power that can surpass anyone, thanks to the bones you see around you." He put the crown back on and stood up. "If you're wondering why I didn't use this power against Highmax in our duel, I needed an opportunity for the rebellious minds to feel safe; to feel like I cannot hurt them. But as you see, I can bend them to my will so easily now." One more forumite came in and then proceeded to kneel before Apiks, that blank face staring into emptiness before leaving again. "Highmax never bothered to remove me from this place. He does not see me as a threat anymore. But I plan to remove that champion soon enough. I already have gained control of the moderator and his lackey. Those two who were beaten? Got the justice they deserved. They refused my orders. Now run along. Tell Highmax. I will be here waiting for him."

Dastot face was white by now. Arx broke the silence that filled the room as he finished. "But did you tell him?" Dastot nodded. "I did. But he still told me he isn't afraid. He told me that it is the least of his worries..." Lord Lemonpie spoke up. "Highmax must have something that he isn't telling us of. You know everything there is to know about him. What could he possibly have to defeat apiks?" Dastot shuffled through his notes and pulled out a crumpled up piece of paper. "The only thing I have is retelling of the magic he possessed. It was Blue against his comrade's White and Red magic. But unlike elder magic like the power of white was, or having been cursed with it, Highmax's magic was learned. He studied rigorously through old tomes of magic he had. But magic I read of in the old tales are different then they are now. And I have yet to see Highmax use any magic. He's only used brute force. And I have not seem him study magic since he's been here. I don't know if something is missing of his to be able to cast spells or if he is unable to do so anymore. My guess is the latter. I hope Highmax has something up his sleeve, because if he thinks that Apiks isn't a threat, we're all going to be slaves before long..."

Not much longer after the meeting, a panicked shriek was heard down below. "A FORGOTTEN BEAST HAS SHOWED! RUN!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Highmax ran down first, but he waited at the gates to the caverns. Dastot, waterskin full of wine dangling from his mouth as he grabbed his inkpen and such, mumbled something to the Guardian. "What are you waiting for?" Highmax either didn't understand him with his mouth full of wine or he ignored Dastot. He stood there and watched and then pointed. "He's just... Sitting there... In the water." Dastot saw the bubbles and saw the single large eye. But it did not move. Strange white fluid flowed around him, but the spider remained still. "I'll stand here and wait for him to strike. Rally the rest of the troops."

Highmax stared down the beast and the beast looked back. But neither moved. Hours later, Dastot returned, and neither had moved an inch. Highmax spoke up. "I think he's stuck. Have someone watch him, but be careful." The spider stayed firm, but unmoving, and so did the scout watching the spider.

The warm air was chilled on the later days of Obsidian. Many gathered to watch, all mournful. The masterwork coffin was carried by Arx, Rogue and several others as they carried the Queen of Masons to her final resting place. Lord Lemonpie gave her the final sendoff with a blessing from the gods as her body was committed to the stone around her. There wasn't much to place her, but in a place where people stood to admire the strange building crafted underground, so too would they come now to honor their sign of hope. Many wept as the coffin was placed in the tomb. Dastot looked at Highmax, who's battle worn face showed little sympathy. "Is something wrong, Highmax?" Dastot asked meekly. Highmax shook his head before turning to leave.

"She was a necessary loss."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: October 01, 2017, 11:25:32 pm »

Events
Rogue grunted softly as he carried the coffin along, one of the men at the rear.  The crutch was getting in the way some, so the procession was slow.  That wasn't really a concern though.  The others weren't moving all that quickly.  The sadness was palpable.  Despite that, Rogue admired the stoicism on his fellow pallbearer's faces, hard as it was on some. 

Rogue didn't have much to give to the procession.  He had started to get to know his fellows a bit more, but there was a limit to that, given just his state.  The queen had been someone he'd avoided, partially to avoid the wrath of anger over unfulfilled mandates, but more because he had no idea how to approach her.  There was something to admire though.  It certainly worked to bring the others together, even under the eyes of a dictator. 

He'd heard mutters and whispers describing her as their hope.  Usually before her death.  Few could command and provide that scarce of a idea. 

After, the discussions of hope had been muted.  That was the greatest sadness to Rogue.  Memories of succumbing to failure suffered, the names attached to the places haunting his thoughts.  Each end was a tragedy.  Here though, it was an evil.  In each of those fortresses whose memories he recalled, the end was natural, and death was... well, except for him, it was peaceful.  The undead were rare, the strength of backs and pride common goods.  Here though, death is violent, the dead common, and the pride supporting them all was sapping, and the strength of backs seemed to be heading towards futile efforts. 

The thought unsettled him.  The unsettling angered him, but the only thing he could do was move the coffin forward one slow step at a time. 

They met the procession waiting in the internal fortress.  The outer rim of the path had forumites lined up along it, paying their final respects to the leader  they had sought so much from.  They passed Highmax and his chronicler, Dastot.  Highmax had a solemn expression, but it reflected a wisdom Rogue recognized. 

With a final heave, they settled the coffin into it's resting place.  The crippled priest hobbled forward to give the send-off of the deity of his.  And then, that was it.  Silence permeated the halls.  Shuffling of feet and a few hushed whispers of prayer fractured the silence, but the silence did not shatter.  Seconds dragged onto a few minutes.  A few left, silently hugging the walls, and closing the door to shut out the sounds of the fortress beyond the room. 

Rogue glanced around at the forumites around him.  He'd trained a number of them in the art of war, helping Highmax along with his goal of expanding the military.  He looked on the children, restless, but understanding now was a time to be quiet.  At some point the burden would fall on them, or they'd be killed when the military inevitably failed.  He looked at the crafters tools hanging from their belts, aprons, and hanging out of pockets.  The lifeblood of the fortress' existence.  Without them, he'd be fighting Politicians barehanded, like the one time many years ago.  They would starve without them, stagnate and fail. 

Rogue turned and left the room, the crutch creaking, his armor scattering sound through the hall.   The members of the military that did not have duties were all that were left.   They did not mind the sound.  No heads turned as Rogue left to carry out his own duties.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 02, 2017, 07:08:08 pm »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 202