Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505784 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2220 on: October 02, 2017, 08:10:19 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163193.msg7388325#msg7388325
One day. We need to remember this thread.
That will be a job for a far flung future Necrothreat generation.  I've noticed since II that Apiks, BFEL, and the others likes really old threads.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: October 02, 2017, 10:37:11 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163193.msg7388325#msg7388325
One day. We need to remember this thread.
That will be a job for a far flung future Necrothreat generation.  I've noticed since II that Apiks, BFEL, and the others likes really old threads.

This thread did give me a good chuckle though.

But yeah, the whole gimmick is usually about very old threads out of this year with OPs that have been on in the last foreseeable time.

Definitely an opportunity down the line though.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: October 02, 2017, 10:40:27 pm »

Laptop keeps crashing while I'm trying to post and run the fort. No explained reason at all. Also seems my anti-virus got stuck mid-update and broke itself. Worknig on fixing that first and then we'll see whats up
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: October 03, 2017, 09:27:45 am »

12th of Felsate, 563
Writings of Dastot

Four young forumites stood before Highmax. In this same week, all four of them were raised to adulthood and given a task: turn the raw adamantine into armor and weapons. Highmax himself handed a set of plans to the youngest one. When I asked what he gave the young Ushrir, he told me that I will know in time. The sound of the forges running again left a welcomed hum to the fortress, and spirits seemed to grow better. I took a peek at the work of the young forumite, and saw exactly what he was working on and knew Highmax had his own design for this that he wanted.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Highmax rarely went to sparring matches as he was busy running the fort, and his partner had never sparred with him. Today was different. Highmax saw himself going rusty and scheduled a sparring match with this forumite named Doren. When the two met, Highmax drew his sword but did not move forward. He seemed stunned as the fellow swordsmite stood before him, his face blank and soulless. Highmax kept his stance but the warrior didn't move. Instead, Doren's blade began to emit a faint aura as Highmax's eyes turned bloodshot from some sort of mental strain. Before I could ask what was going on, the two charged and clashed. Sparks flew into the air. But what seemed strange was how unnatural the movements of Doren was. It seemed to jerk but with blinding speed. Highmax's onslaught seemed to be unshakable, but this magic sword user seemed to be able to block everything. Highmax then began to shout at something. I couldn't tell if it was Doren or some unknown force, but he kept saying things like "I will not serve something as wicked as you." and "I will not become a soulless puppet".

Highmax then changed his stance from one of finesse and speed to one of brutality and strength, as he now began to swing his shield around as if it was his fist. The unexpected change in stance meant one thing: this went from a sparring match to a practice war. I then started to notice that Doren hardly dodged, and hardly ever stepped back, always following the movement of his blade. It was like the sword itself seemed to be dragging him around. Highmax then did the unthinkable: he threw his sword at Doren. With ease, the attack was blocked, but what I saw next was absurd. Somehow, some way, Highmax backhanded Doren's hands with his shield and threw a fist into his skull. But it wasn't too harming, as it stunned him enough for Highmax to disarm him. Highmax stood firm and picked up his sword. "Know your place" was what he said as he walked out. Whether it was to Doren or to the magic sword, only he knows.

Dastot seemed a little calmer after finding out about the construction of the sword. But it took time to create a weapon of such power. Would this be the object of Apiks' defeat? It seemed too mundane to be of any significance, but only time would tell. As Dastot and Highmax went to pick up the weapon, a loud cry of a forgotten beast was heard, followed by screaming forumites.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Highmax called for the army, and everyone mobilized without fail this time and headed towards the caverns. The spider looked on hungrily as the army charged in full force. The mite screeched as several forumites attacked it and a leg flew off. A loud chomping noise and an axemite fell lifeless as the beast devoured his head. More soldiers arrived and the mite sprayed its webs on the row of traps nearby and swung its mandibles at two forumites who were close by, trapping them both. The mite roared as more forumites came, but it could not keep up with the onslaught of the forumites. Severed limbs of the beast flew off by the number, and within moments of the battle begining, it was over as one of the captains collapsed its skull. Highmax let out a cry victory as the others cheered.

But their cheers were cut short as a booming voice was heard.

"RELEASE ME!"

The voice was amplified by the caverns, making it sound grander than it actually was. The military turned and heard the sound of a chainsaw revving as they spotted a sight that caused a roar of laughter: Apiks was trapped in a cage.

EDIT: (Lost the image due to crashing)

Apiks barely could move his chainsaw in the cage and could not free himself without harming himself. "GET ME OUT OF HERE THIS INSTANT! YOUR KING DEMANDS IT!" DwArfY walked up to the cage and spat on him. "Right where you belong, you monster! This is for those 'sparring' sessions!" One forumite took a clump of mud and hurled it at the cage, disgracing the trapped noble. Others grabbed the wet soil on the caverns and hurled it at Apiks, his orders to free him ignored. Highmax put up his hand to halt them. "Leave him be. There is nothing left to worry about with this disgraced noble. Get the cages set up to free the two of them." The military begun to let out angered shouts at Highmax for this terrible decision. Highmax turned to the military with a disciplined look. "Do you really fear him enough to believe a cage will stop him? There isn't any reason for you to do the same when he's face to face with you. Look at you all. You slew this beast within moments. There is nothing left to fear." Silence befell the army. He did have a point, but no one dared to be a whetstone for Apiks' chainsaw. "I'll have the haulers and mechanics prepare the cage. Back to your duties."

Grim silence befell the hall of Necrothreat. No one could tell if Highmax was insane or stupid for letting this monster roam free...

I don't know how much longer I have. If today is my last day, I'll have the save and final post up after midnight my time tonight
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:44:37 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: October 03, 2017, 10:27:03 am »

Why are the spoilers empty? Also, it isn't clear, did Highmax pick up Rosywander?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: October 03, 2017, 11:15:34 am »

Why are the spoilers empty? Also, it isn't clear, did Highmax pick up Rosywander?
No, but I can't find the named sword anywhere for Doren to pick it up.

And I was on mobile. Now that I'm on my laptop, expect images soon

EDIT:
I should've been more clear. He didn't take it because Highmax is having his own weapon forged. Don't want you to be forced to play me now :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:25:12 am by highmax28 »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: October 04, 2017, 09:29:36 am »

Hey, if anyone notices a dwarf with the dream of conquring the world, could you please earmark it for Rosywander's next host in case of Doren's death?
Doren's goal of creating a masterwork isn't very useful, storywise.
Oh, and if anyone else is going to post a battle of theirs with Rosywander, could you at least remember that Rosywander doesn't make his hosts soulless, or anything like that? He can take complete control if he needs to, but mostly he just lets his hosts progress on their goals, while he progresses on his.
He grants his host the power to complete their goals, and in return, he gets their arm( not literally).
So, it is closer to a Deal With The Devil than a Demonic Possesion, though even less, as a Deal With The Devil would probably end with your soul in its possession, while Rosywander lets his former hosts be (unless they betrayed him).

DAMNIT LEMONPIE AND PIKACHU YOU JUST MADE IT LESS NECROABLE.
In my defense, I only did it after Lemonpie did, and it was on the same day, so I didn't alter the necrobility of the thread.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:32:03 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: October 04, 2017, 09:34:17 am »

Hey, if anyone notices a dwarf with the dream of conquring the world, could you please earmark it for Rosywander's next host in case of Doren's death?
Doren's goal of creating a masterwork isn't very useful, storywise.
Oh, and if anyone else is going to post a battle of theirs with Rosywander, could you at least remember that Rosywander doesn't make his hosts soulless, or anything like that? He can take complete control if he needs to, but mostly he just lets his hosts progress on their goals, while he progresses on his.
He grants his host the power to complete their goals, and in return, he gets their arm( not literally).
So, it is closer to a Deal With The Devil than a Demonic Possesion, though even less, as a Deal With The Devil would probably end with your soul in its possession, while Rosywander lets his former hosts be (unless they betrayed him).

DAMNIT LEMONPIE AND PIKACHU YOU JUST MADE IT LESS NECROABLE.
In my defense, I only did it after Lemonpie did, and it was on the same day, so I didn't alter the necrobility of the thread.

First part: he can still percieve them as soulless.
Second part: I saw your post first, and it's faster to add a second name than it is to replace one name with another (I added Lemonpie's name in an edit, and wanted it to not show that it'd been edited).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: October 04, 2017, 11:22:51 am »

Considering Highmax is a Legendary Swordsmite, and Rosywander grants the wielder power, I assumed Rosywander would have to force itself into the right places to block against Highmax and possibly other strong enemies. Which is why it was jerky in movement. Think of it an aimbot but for blocking.

I THINK its my last day today, so I'll get the save ready. Sad that the lag + crashing + extra work hours got in the way of getting past four months.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: October 04, 2017, 12:06:11 pm »

Considering Highmax is a Legendary Swordsmite, and Rosywander grants the wielder power, I assumed Rosywander would have to force itself into the right places to block against Highmax and possibly other strong enemies. Which is why it was jerky in movement. Think of it an aimbot but for blocking.

I THINK its my last day today, so I'll get the save ready. Sad that the lag + crashing + extra work hours got in the way of getting past four months.
If you keep posting in the chunks you've been at, you can earn yourself another day.  I'm happy to wait. 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: October 05, 2017, 05:00:04 pm »

If you keep posting in the chunks you've been at, you can earn yourself another day.  I'm happy to wait. 
Too much work on hand, plus real life problems getting in the way. Not gonna get into why.

Tensions grew high as Apiks was hauled off in a cage to be released. Highmax was overseer, but was it really his place to decide something for the fort that he only just recently arrived to? He didn’t know what happened in necrothreat in the past few years, let alone since the fort was around. He was a hero, yes. But was he truly a hero they needed right now?

Apiks’ cage was set down and the lever was set up by Rogue and the other member of Rogue’s law enforcement group. Everyone else went about their duties, save for Dastot who peeked around the corner, listening and writing of the events of Apiks’ release. But what he was expecting to write and what he began to write were opposites. His face grew grim as he heard Apiks speak: “Are the two lawbreakers dealt with?” Rogue pulled the lever and gave his response. “One is dead, but the other is crippled. The rest of the fort thinks it was Highmax’s orders to do so.” Apiks’ cage burst open and he stretched his body out from the cramped wooden cage. “Good. Then I assume that after Highmax has let me be free, the people are almost ready to cast out this hero of theirs. We have work to do.”

Dastot quickly tried to shove his writings into his pack. His hands were shaking; he needed a drink and quick. Dastot picked up his inkwell and pen only for the shakes to grow violent, ink splattering all over his clothes and on the floor. “What was that?” Dastot’s hands shook now from withdrawals and in fear now as he tried to sling his bag over his back, only for the shakes to rattle the inkwell out of his hand. The sound of the metal inkwell made the loudest *plink* he heard in his life, and his fear overwhelmed him. He took a second to gather himself before trying to move but Dastot felt something on the side of his head and then another force striking his ribs. Several more feelings of force within seconds and that’s when the numbness of fear was gone and the pain came all at once. He screamed in pain and horror as he felt his weak bones breaking under the weight of Rogue’s punches. “Don’t kill him. I want him to write what happens when we destroy Highmax.”

People had already started a mob as Highmax came from the forges. Shouts of “how can you let him go!?” and “you’re no better than Apiks!” were heard throughout the crowd. Highmax stayed stalwart as he made his way to the barracks, with DwArfY there doing an individual drill. Highmax prepared himself for his own drill when DwArfY spoke up. “I know you don’t speak much outside of just to Dastot. Why did you release Apiks? If you think he’s no threat, then why do you think so?” Highmax tightened his gauntlets before speaking up. “The undead don’t care about politics. We shouldn’t either. We are the last bastion against them. We can’t be fighting each other. We would be doing Ur’s job if we killed one another.”

DwArfY, by the gods planting the thought in him or by pure curiosity, asked the hero: “Highmax, do you remember anything about Armok before you were trapped?” Highmax stopped what he was doing. “About as much as everyone else does about the God of Blood. Why?” “You know that Armok is-“ He was interrupted quickly. “Highmax, this is Rogue. Come out and face the justice you are due.” Highmax opened the door to the barracks and saw Red Hammer, Rogue and several other members of the fort armed and upset. “Under who’s orders?” Rogue’s voice was low and stern. “Necrothreat’s.” Quickly, they grabbed him and brought him downstairs to that locked room, where the mass of dead bodies were. The people were angry, but they had no idea where Rogue was taking him. They opened the door and those present felt an overwhelming force come over them, save for Rogue, his comrade in law, and Highmax. They mob entered the room and threw Highmax to the floor before the King.

“You spelled your doom Highmax. The people hate you, and as far as they will remember, you were impeached and slain by my orders. They will be upset, but I will have order. They will bend their knee to me so I can save them against Ur and Armok’s forces. That is the only way for us to survive.”  The next sound Apiks heard shook him to his very core. Highmax chuckled. The cold, hardened warrior showed emotion. “Bring in the prisoner!” Rogue went around the corner and dragged Dastot across the ground, bone splinters cutting his pants and his broken legs. “It’s over Highmax. This forumite is going to write how I destroyed you. And the people will forget everything that happened after they walk out of this room.”

Highmax stood unshaken. “Do you know the story about me and my ancestors? What the name ‘Highmax’ meant? It meant I was born into a life I did not want. The first of us was a Highmax who gave up the afterlife after he was given it for slaying Ur. I don’t believe it to be true since Ur was around when I was born. Then when his descendant took over after his body could not take it anymore, his soul stayed in limbo as another Highmax came. And then on his passing, he too chose the path to return to the living until his body was no more. Soon, there was a tale that a Highmax would come once every generation, and they would be forced to take this oath so that they could live on until their body was gone. But by the time I was born, it became a tradition, and I wasn’t willing to sell my soul for a cause to fight undead. I was forced to by my father, by our King and by Toady One, the one ruling Necrothreat during my younger days.” Silence befell the hall as Apiks looked confused at the forumites ramblings.

“I am Highmax. But I am not the hero you searched so long for. That hero haunts my dreams with many others calling themselves Highmax. They tell me to slay undead and kill Ur. But I will not follow the noble line they tell me to follow. Forumites were born by Armok to fight against the undead. That is our goal. But what happens if I killed every last one of the undead? Their necromancers, their High Lord Threadromancers, and their god Ur himself? I could finally be at peace. Every Highmax can leave to the afterlife. Everyone else is just an extra way to help me reach that goal.” Apiks looked stunned by this. Rogue and his comrade were white with horror. “I let you live that day Apiks because you have forgotten your place. You are to live and die fighting the undead, just as I am.”

The bones around the room began to hover in an almost violent fashion. “Enough of this, I need you to die before I reclaim this fort as my own. The bones will make short work of you.” Highmax gripped his sword and drew it slowly. Apiks felt fear for the first time in his rule as King as Highmax drew a weapon bearing a mark on the hilt that he knew all too well. Highmax then shouted for all to hear. “In order to slay the undead fast enough for me to kill them all, a pact had to be made.” His blade of adamantine blue turned blood red as the emblem of Armok on the hilt began to glow faintly. The freshly brought in corpses of the butchered animals, the forgotten beast, and even the dead forumites began to quiver. Apiks stood up from his throne. “You… You did not… Armok is our enemy! Why would you do such a thing!?” Highmax shook his head. “Armok may have been an enemy to you and your fort, but in my world, he was revered as a great and powerful god. This pact between him and Ur was never something of my world. Armok has granted me power beyond what my predecessors were.” The blood from the countless slain began to fill the room and surrounded Highmax in a torrent. “I hold the power of a god, Apiks. You are but a pawn in my ultimate goal in this crusade against the undead. You will know your place.”

Highmax rose one of his hands towards Rogue, who put Dastot before him, hoping to use him as a human shield. But Rogue felt nothing when he closed his eyes. In fact, Dastot felt a lot lighter in his hands. He opened his  eyes and saw the remains of Dastot in his arms, drained of all blood, and of his life. Rogue dropped the mummified corpse and grabbed his chainsaw. Bones closed in on Highmax but the torrent swallowed them, releasing wet mush from mixing blood and bone meal. The blood then turned into an orb. “I will fight your lawmen first, Apiks. And then I will show you the power of Armok.” Rogue stepped forward. He knew Apiks was not a good king. But Highmax? Highmax was worse. He made a deal with the devil and needed to be stopped. He spoke softly to Apiks. “Leaving this room will make people forget, right?” Apiks went to shout at the irrelevance of his statement but figured out what he was planning.

Rogue stepped forward and readied his weapon. The strength of the chainsaw was unparalleled to every sword they had. But this one was adamantine and clearly magical. What could he do to stop it? Highmax readied his sword and waited for the first move. Rogue charged in and used the brutality of the chainsaw to try and land a hit. But Highmax, now at full strength dodged quickly, with his hilt striking Rogue in a taunting manner. Rogue then swung again, and Highmax blocked it and punched Rogue while his weapon was blocking the chainsaw. The teeth to his weapon carrying his own soul was wearing down. He knew something at that point: Highmax wanted him alive and fit for combat. He could’ve killed Rogue quickly if he wanted to at that point, but he didn’t. Then charged and Highmax readied his stance to block the chainsaw.

What Highmax was greeted with instead was Rogue jumping up and kicking him. Highmax moved his blade out of the way, just as Rogue predicted, and with another quick charge, Rogue began forcing Highmax off of his feet and out the door. But then he felt a great force holding him back. Looking up, the pressure of the blood was forcing the warrior forward. “Apiks!” Rogue called out and he felt a large force pushing him forward, almost crushing him between the blood and bone. Highmax roared in fury as the torrent of blood pushed harder. That was when Rogue saw in Highmax’s sword that the emblem was merely sitting on it. Rogue let up a kick at his weapon and Highmax’s force lessened, protecting the sword, giving Rogue and Apiks enough leeway to force Highmax out the door. The torrent of blood was unleashed harmlessly as  Highmax fell onto his back, unconscious. Blood soaked everyone present, including Highmax.

Rogue went up to Highmax’s sword that still laid in the room and forced the emblem off of it. As long as he forgot who he was, he could learn from the stories, rather than what his life used to be. Apiks put a hand on Rogue’s shoulder. “An aspect of Armok attacked us in my throne room. Highmax came in but was forced away by its power. Then you came along and slew it. The best way to destroy an old hero? Replace him with a new one. Congratulations, Overseer.”

Despite the writings, I got through four months with not a lot I wanted to get done, done. I made a farm plot for pig tails but they weren't getting made. Wafers are being made, so feel free to arm our army with candy armor and weapons. Don't cut down the tree in the front yard. I realize now I didn't set scheduling, but it doesn't matter much.

Here's the save

Feel free to upload this properly to DFFD. The site doesn't work for me when I upload.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: October 05, 2017, 11:14:44 pm »

You're aware I'm no friend of Apiks, right?  This'll be... difficult, to explain. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:21:22 pm by Carefulrogue »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: October 06, 2017, 12:43:52 am »

I uploaded the save to DFFD.

Why shouldn't the tree be cut down?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: October 06, 2017, 12:46:52 am »

I uploaded the save to DFFD.

Why shouldn't the tree be cut down?
Because that'll put a hole in the roof again. Thanks by the way

You're aware I'm no friend of Apiks, right?  This'll be... difficult, to explain.
You beat two people for mandates/lawbreaking that Apiks was the 'victim' of in the span of the four months you were the captain of the guard. Thought I'd make it seem you were following him, if only to keep him off your back

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: October 06, 2017, 12:59:31 am »

Well thank you for the logic.  This little bit greatly affects how I'm going to write out the beginning of my turn.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 202