Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 511959 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2280 on: October 13, 2017, 01:23:33 pm »

All intelligent weapons in DnD can see and hear to at least 30 feet. Rosywander sees farther than that.
I didn't say I saw Carefulrogue, I just said I saw the person known as Rogue die, possibly in a lull in my side of the battle. After that I was a bit busy to see Carefulrogue step out of the body. Then, later, someone else was claiming to be Rogue. I'm not absolutely sure about this, because there are too many posts between this one and the one in which Rogue died for me to check while posting.
Okay, I've checked, and it didn't say you got a new forumite named Rogue, but it is a valid assumption, I think.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:25:15 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 13, 2017, 03:27:47 pm »

Roll with it- it is a classic case of mistaken identity and/or assumptions made, you can RP that if need be.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 13, 2017, 06:30:59 pm »

I don't blame you for not knowing when it happened.  It was 25 or so pages back. 

Rogue dies.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19308.msg7505280#msg7505280

Rogue takes over another body.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=19308.1860

EDIT:

Halfway through summer.  Here's what I've got so far. 

Events
Carefulrogue took the his time for a while to just pace.  He had another failure to consider, to try and resolve.  Five highly competent members of the military dead.  All because he’d wanted the surface clear for projects.  He’d get the projects now, but at the cost of five high value soldiers. 

He considered taking over another forumite.  He wasn’t mincing words anymore about what it was he did.  He was overriding the consciousness of someone else.  With that acknowledgement, he locked away other thoughts.  Now was not the time for the darker analysis. 

A chill made it’s way up his spine and he let out growling sigh.  The fortress didn’t have an overseer.  Or someone to give them the semblance of direction.  “They need someone to lead.  Better I than some other fool Apiks’ll appoint.  Or himself.  If that’s the case, i’d prefer the fool.” 

Carefulrogue wandered down into the fortress, still pacing, but now observing what was going on.  He saw the complement of crying individuals, mourning the passing of friends and relatives, and of course the heroes they’d looked up to.  Carefulrogue didn’t look on for long. 

Deeper in, he found the workers focusing on the various projects he’d wanted done: the smoothing, the bricklaying, the mining.  It was an admirable task for them to do, as they dealt with the losses. 

“We really could use some more lumber.  And it’d be nice to get to building a tower on that battlefield, but this is a good place to start,” Carefulrogue muttered.  “We could get the lumber from out front, clear a path to put a formal road.  It’d be nice to be able to finally do something of the like.  We could also get it from the battlefield.  The tree’s are too low anyways to allow for much help anyways.”

*CLAANG

Carefulrogue started and spun around.  One of the miners was staring directly at him.  The pick he was holding, now lay on the ground.  Shock covered his face. 

“Oh, not again,” Carefulrogue said, looking at the ceiling.   “Alright, look-”

The forumite jumped again, and said hastily, “I’ll spread the word, I’ll spread the word.  I’ll-”
“I’m hoping the next words are ‘shut up!’”  The forumite fell silent.  “How can you see me?  Much less hear me?”

“W-we… w-we always have been a-able t-to.  N-never before h-have they--you--spoken,” he stammered out. 

Carefulrogue growled to himself as the forumite jumped again.  This was not good.  What the hell should he do now?  Didn’t need any extra problems, but he needed to oversee-

Carefulrogue stopped mid-thought as another took over.  They could see him.  They could communicate with him.  He wouldn’t need to lead through someone else, he could just be himself. 

“Alright.  Go and spread those orders.  And also, if there is any reports from the scouts, ensure they’re delivered to me.  I’ll be observing the progress in the upper levels, so somewhere up there I can be found.  Go.”  The forumite arm jerked up, thinking of doing a salute, before apparently deciding against it, for it then snapped down and picked up the pickaxe that had fallen to the floor.  He took off at a fast pace. 

“Well, let’s see how things goes.”  Cocking his head to one side, he mused, “I wonder what Apiks’ll think of a ghost running the show.”  Carefulrogue smiled, and walked on.  Time to see what else needed to be done. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:31:58 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 15, 2017, 04:13:16 pm »

“What a mess.” said Apiks out loud as he put down a document back on his desk. The recent military skirmish was supposed to be an easy one. That’s the entire reason he didn’t object to Carefulrogue’s idiotic battle plan. To a degree it was Apiks’ own fault as well. He should’ve known Armok would’ve taken measures to retake his minion after Highmax’s fall.

And he did. Highmax was dead. The magic Apiks had used didn’t have enough time to overwrite the old locked up segments of his memory with new ones. And so Highmax had his memories back. Of course not all of them. They’d still be jumbled, but they’d come back to him with time if he takes on a new body.

That problem was for a different day, however. Today’s headache wasn’t even the matter of Rosywander, who as per their agreement Apiks was to find a suitable new host for the sentient sword. No, today’s headache was the fact that Carefulrogue, the one he himself propped up as the one that defeated Highmax, was dead but still giving
orders.

It was, you could say, a disappointing matter. Carefulrogue had served her use and Apiks had little interest in her suspicious allegiance, for remaining in this world after death, much less being in control, is not a common trait for one to have. Still, it was a headache that had to be dealt with. For now, however, he’d just let her be. It’s just an excuse for Apiks to have more time to find somebody of more… trustworthy allegiances.

And a host for Rosywander. It talks too much.

Friendly reminder that currently your turn runs to Thursday. Hopefully it'll be extended with more of your posts.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 15, 2017, 04:18:05 pm »

Thursday, you sure? 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 15, 2017, 04:41:34 pm »

Thursday, you sure?

Your turn started on the 8th of October. Your first week period ended on the 15th. You have made four posts that I'd say qualify for the extra day. That puts you at 19th of October which is this Thursday.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 15, 2017, 04:42:47 pm »

Thursday, you sure?

Your turn started on the 8th of October. Your first week period ended on the 15th. You have made four posts that I'd say qualify for the extra day. That puts you at 19th of October which is this Thursday.
Alright, just wanted to check.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 16, 2017, 01:09:15 pm »

Please tell me when Rosywander gets his new host, and give me as much information about him/her as possible, most importantly his/her name.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 19, 2017, 04:16:09 pm »

So, about that savegame...
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 19, 2017, 06:27:46 pm »

yeah, I'm not going to get around to playing anytime soon.  I'll upload it shortly.

EDIT:  http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13142

I have no more to post, so don't hold your breath.  Best of luck, Pikachu17.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:43:29 pm by Carefulrogue »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 20, 2017, 03:46:34 am »

Thanks for playing, Rogue!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 20, 2017, 12:27:19 pm »

I'll be able to get the save no earlier than Tuesday. Sorry.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 20, 2017, 02:05:23 pm »

That was a great turn, Carefulrogue. It was enjoyable to see how you tackled the political scene, albeit maybe you'll have learned to not do charges anymore.  :P

On a completely different matter, some of you may have noticed that in this part of the forums a vote has been put up for a new curator for the Hall of Legends. I strongly recommend people who have noticed this post to go and vote for their preferred candidate, as it's the people that visit here that it'll affect.

I'll be able to get the save no earlier than Tuesday. Sorry.

That's fine, actually. I believe waiting until Tuesday isn't an issue considering the turn list.

On the note of the turn list, now would be a spectacular time for anybody who wants to have a go at the fortress, since it's only pikachu17 on it right now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:32:49 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 20, 2017, 03:17:26 pm »

Well, truth be told Apiks, I was trying to save the idiots that saw the enemy and ran out ahead.  I also wanted the surface clear, but that's another matter. 

That battle was really strange.  I'll upload some of the pictures, since I finally have time.  There was just a whole lot of shit, and suddenly I noticed major characters were dropping left and right.  I was writing that battle log, as the game was running, very confused, and very surprised.  Given our numbers, and given the equipment we had on hand, I had though we'd be sorted, with the only losses being that of redshirted nobodies.  Instead, we lose Rogue, Doren, and Highmax??  What are the odds of that?!

Also, it seems I lied.  I found a little more after my turn, about 2 months worth.  Enjoy what little bureaucratic nonsense it is.

Journals
8th Malachite, 563
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, I’m very glad I’m incorporeal after reading this report. 

10th Malachite, 563
A message to all forumites. 
I realize creativity is sometimes hard to come by, and it’s really easy to forget a good idea, if it’s not put into writing, or practice quickly. 
That said, I would like to remind everyone that we’re facing an existential through in the magma forges, and that there is nothing between here and there besides the military to stop it.  Kindly don’t run off to the craftsmen’s shops in a time like this.  Thank you. 

Also, Stasost, when you’re done, and assuming everyone else lives, you’ll be serving some jail time. 

12th Malachite, 563
The man I appointed as Moderator did a fine job in the fight.  Straight up beheaded the beast.  Pretty good.  Glad someone can make good use of Sosasbakust. 

In other news though, we now get to see how many survive the dust attack. 

17th Malachite, 563
Stasost, now that you have finished your artifact, please report to the Global Moderator.  I was not exaggerating. 

EDIT:  I've added in the pictures I had planned to upload.  I'd definitely recommend paging back to refer to what I was talking about Apiks. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:23:20 pm by Carefulrogue »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 20, 2017, 03:40:24 pm »

Sosasbakust? What's that?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!