Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505591 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2295 on: October 20, 2017, 04:49:45 pm »

Sosasbakust? What's that?
Rogue's chainsaw
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 20, 2017, 07:08:29 pm »

Back on Carefulrogue II (or was it III?) I noted I had a named weapon.  I don't recall atm if it's an artifact, but I liked the idea of Rogue having a favored weapon, like Highmax's attachment to swords.  I just stuck with it ever since, even though I can never, ever remember how to spell it. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 23, 2017, 04:16:17 pm »

Faith had been steadily dwindling in the fortress. It is said that in times of hardship, religion flourishes. Not so much, when the hardship in fact had outlawed and persecuted religion in its entirity, Lemonpie had come to learn in the past few years. When constructing the cathedral, he had dozens of forumites following him blindly, listening to his every command. After its completion, every 7th day of the week the cathedral would be stuffed. The forumites would come to pray and dance, to bond together. Friendships, passions and even marriages had seeped out of the living stone of the underground chapel. Yet now, barely anyone ever came. Lemonpie spent his time alone in the cold, damp chapel, accompanied only by the sting of Armok's presence and his mangled legs. Wherever he looked, he still saw blood everywhere. He could clean it no more in his physical state. None came to aid him. And now, Apiks' abominable inscription stared at him from below. Wherever Lemonpie went, he would get looks. Looks of sorrow, looks of bitterness. Looks that longed to the good old times. Yet Lemonpie remained mostly alone.

Lemonpie did not know the time Monom arrived. It could have been early morning, or late at night. Without natural light and people to tell time, night bled into day, and day back into night. Lemonpie was reading an old book when the lone soldier came, accompanied by his remarkable sword. Once it had belonged to Doren, and others before him, Lemonpie remembered. Its presence stung somewhat, like a tiny speck of dust in his eye. Familiar, yet not prevalent enough to be identified. Monom's presence however, was odd. Never before had he entered the cathedral. Yet it felt as if he belonged there. As if he was sent down, by something greater than his own wit. As if he was meant to come.

"Young Monom, welcome.", Lemonpie said. "I presume you come here for the same reason as the other soldiers? To have your mind and sword blessed by His light before entering battle?". "Yes," the soldier replied, showing little emotion. "It might not benefit me in any way, but I am sure it definitely would not harm me either.". It was not long before Lemonpie had started carrying a heavy, engraved stone bowl towards the central altar. "Lend me a hand, will you? My legs are not what they used to be." Monom hurried to help the crippled priest, and soon the bowl stood deftly upon the altar. "How exactly shall the procedure take place?", Monom asked.

As Lemonpie started explaining the simple procedure, a presence overcame him. It was far from the presence of Armok, one whose glorious presence he was not expecting now. Not since Apiks' desecration of the cathedral, he had felt the presence of Omer this strongly. He felt Omer beckon to him, and eagerly absorbed his commands, spoken in the language without words.

"Baptise them not in the sacred waters of rain. Baptise them not in the oils of sunlight. Baptise them in the most sacred of your liquids. Uncork the holy vial. Bathe them in rainbows pure."

It could not be true. Lemonpie could hardly could hardly believe his ears. Of course, that was natural, considering he hadn't heard it with his ears. Bathe this newly-enlisted, greenhorn soldier, and his unnatural blade, in one of the most sacred artifacts he had? Lemonpie wondered if it was all a sham, a trick of Armok's to arbitrarily destroy one of the most powerful magical items in the fortress. But it could not be. He would have felt it. It truly was Lord Omer that spoke to him.

"Are you okay? you spaced out for a bit." Monom said, concerned.
"It is naught, my disciple. Fret not. Please, if you will, follow me"
Entering the chapel's crypts had always been hard. Lemonpie had made sure of it, for it contained sacred treasures of incredible worth. Entering the chapel's crypts without a pair of working legs was even harder. Still, Lemonpie had not completely sat idle, and the odd, ornate wheelchair he constructed was suited to tread the trapped labyrinth. It's mechanical legs were able to dodge the pressure plates and tripwires that littered the rocky hallways. The journey was long, but eventually, they got there. Poised atop a large chair, an ornate metal crock stood. Before it laid the shining bones of a leather clad human. Lemonpie made a mental note to feed a guardian next time he placed one somewhere.

Eventually, he returned with the essence, and the simple ceremony was initiated.
When they were done, Monom left with an unusual expression on his face. Though, his expression was the least of Lemonpie's worries. Where Lemonpie once suspected a godly aura, he could now see it clearly. Surrounding Rosywander was an odd, rainbow-coloured aura. It was no longer as stinging, as malevolent as it used to be. The whole artifact seemed in discord with itself, confused to what it was. Like a faithful, old patron of an inn whose favorite bar chair had just been nagged by an arrogant young man, unsure of his new position.

Powerful magics were at work here.

Lemonpie just hoped Omer knew what he was doing.

I recently learned there's actually a saint called Omer! Also, the city of Saint-Omer exists apparently. Isn't that coincidental?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: October 23, 2017, 06:02:07 pm »

Highmax awoke no longer feeling the pain of battle wounds. He was in a room that was unsettling to him; painted red with blood with an ever-looming presence of something wicked here.

Get up, Highmax. You forgotten your duty.

Highmax felt no strength to get up and could barely mutter any volume. "My duty is to serve Necrothreat. I am its Guardian." The voice laughed at him

You gave up those vows when you learned you could not die. And with no heir to succeed you, you will die over and over as you have before. As you always will until our deal is finished.

Highmax couldn't remember. What deal?

Allow me to return what was lost to you so you may continue your crusade

The floor began to bleed and fill the room. The guardian felt the warm blood covering his body but still couldn't feel any strength to move, like a vivid sleep paralysis nightmare. The blood covered his face and he started to drown, swallowing blood as he gasped for air. Inside of his head, he felt something change, like the sensation of something being rewired in his head. A grim look fell upon Highmax's face as he felt strength returning to him. He rose from the ground, covered with blood, and began to choke as he felt the air come back to him again.

Now finish what you have started, my crusader

Highmax felt the warmth of the blood leave as he jolted awake in a bed, as he remembered would happen when he was slain before. What poor soul was sent to the afterlife now that he took their body? It did not matter. These forumites were there to be expended for the cause: slaying the undead menace. Nothing else mattered. Apiks and Rogue stopped him, but revenge was the last thing on his mind. They would play their part and serve their usefulness until they are used up.

All Highmax needed was to bide his time, waiting for the right moment to strike...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: October 24, 2017, 02:41:06 pm »

Rosywander had been skeptical, but Monom had been sure it would be helpful, and Rosywander had gone along with it, as he didn't see an actual reason not to do it.
Now... He didn't quite know what he felt.
He could see almost the entire universe, see many forumites just go about their business, heard the song of the birds, felt the grass grow, and heard the wind in the trees.
Rosywander didn't quite know what this was, but had never felt so... so alive.
Then he saw goblins toil for their demonic master, saw Ur's forces prepare themselves, saw Armok upon his throne of congealed blood, laughing.
He saw those parties assault the fortress in a time not of now, and win.
He felt the terror of the forumites, as they were slaughtered one by one.
He heard the goblins, necrothreaders, and vampires exult in victory.
He felt the empty halls, where once there was once booze and laughter.
He saw the still, silent corpses of those whom had once had happy, productive lives.
He had to prevent this, he had to. He didn't know how, he didn't quite know why, but he had to.
And then he knew the how. He knew that could help him save the forumites, all he needed was Rosywander's devotion.
Rosywander could give him that, he would give anything to save the forumites from their extinction, keep the booze and life flowing.
He left the temple wondering what in the HFS jus happened, but he was determined he would save this fortress, and the world if need be, from the encroaching forces who would prey on it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: October 24, 2017, 09:12:13 pm »

The Song of the Sword

I am the Blade you hold.
I have taken the lives of Men
Of Demons, Hippies, Forumites.
I've killed both beast and flying wren.

My name means death in many tongues,
My heart is ashen cold.
And through the many ages of the world
My tale in blood is told.

Atop the Pillars of the Woods
The Hippies cry for fear
To see a Blue-cast blade unsheathed
Amongst their leafy homes appear

And in their Halls of Wood
Which leak the blood of trees
When man-kind sees my length
He jumps, and, turning, flees.

While deep below the turning earth
The Forumites know not my name
Still when I come into their midst,
They turn away from me in shame.

For they remember, deep within,
The Dark Times I appeared
And in their Stalwart hearts recall
A time when Blue was feared.

So am I! Bringer of the final breath,
Cutter of muscle, sinew, blood and bone.
The sheath was never seen to hold
This steel the winds of time did hone.

Though those that hold me wither fast
And time grinds all to dust
Still I remain to haunt these worlds
Which work on anger, greed and lust.

My lives are endless! Time is but a word.
What worry for mortality
Can come from steel or Sword?
And yet the blood tastes bitter, now...

What magic is this, that my tale
Of death, and greed, and hate
Can seem so empty of so much?
What magic could my anger sate!

I know not! I know not! The hands
That hold me shake. To take a life
Or not? I've never had to fear
A falling tear
Before.

So yes, you who now holds my hilt
My tale is old and long.
But it has yet to end, so can we change
This Sword's destructive Song?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:17:31 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: October 25, 2017, 04:43:50 am »

Absolutely mesmerizing, Th4DwArfY1. I dare say it's one of your best poems yet. It's been a pleasing sight to see you improve over the years.

Now let us see whether the homicidal sword will leave his murderous tendencies, or concentrate them towards a different enemy.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: October 25, 2017, 09:14:28 am »

I don't think this is what Omer wants.
I must take the fort for Him.
I must purify the fort for Him.
I must destroy Apiks, and save the fort.
I make Monom, my new host, wander through the fort, searching for Apiks.
Many dwarves try to avoid us.
Not all know the truth about me, but many feel an uneasiness in my presence, and Monom's roaring inner fire does not do me any favors.
Ah. I finally locate Apiks by the subtle feel of insanity, not that regular chaotic insanity, but the ordered insanity of the Bone Crown.
It may no longer exist in this plane, but still it lingers on.
Apiks dispells the shadows, allowing me to see him.
"Hello, Rosywander. My rule is strengthening, and  soon I shall once again rule in the light.
I owe you- What are you-!?"
It is a nice, clean stab, right through the heart.
I know that in a few hours the Bone Crown will have regenerated his body, but I shall have Monom put his body behind a strong wall. Then later I can reinforce the wall.
But, for now, to Carefulogue, our overseer.

does this answer your question?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: October 25, 2017, 09:57:24 am »

Rosywander worships Omer? I think this is the biggest surprise for me.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:50 am »

We find him floating in the air in the barracks, overseeing the training of the new recruits.
It was a bit of a shock to find out that Carefulrogue had possessed those beings that were called Rogue. Possession is my thing!
"Ah, Monom, how can I help you?" Says Carefulrogue.
His wording, though cordial, is tinged with cautiousness. He knows not what exactly I am, but no doubt he has heard rumors.
"I must speak with you, alone. Here, there is no telling who can hear this, and this is too important for just anyone to hear.", stated Monom.
"Oh? Something Important?", questions Carefulrogue. He sounds wary, as well he should be.
But he still walks with me to an empty hallway.
No doubt he thinks I cannot harm him, ectoplasma as he is.
I wonder if I shall get the oppurtunity to prove him wrong?
Carefulrogue asked, "So? What is the matter?"
"I have heard tell that you had possessed at least two innocent dwarves."
Carefulrogue looked miserable, and shocked. "And why are you telling me of this rumor?"
"It's simple, I want you to join me."
"Join you?!" If Carefulrogue looked shocked before, he looked fully eletrocuted now.
"Yes. You can serve Omer well, with that talent."
"Omer? But Apiks has banned all religion. You should know that, you were the one who helped-"
"I never helped him, that was Doren. Are you confusing me with him?"
"It's just I've never known you to be religious." Carefulrogue looked cornered, like in a minute or so he would try to escape through the wall. Being a ghost, he probably could.
"I have seen the light. And the rainbows, and the rain. There was quite a lot of things I saw, really.
Anyway, I am true a servant of Omer. Now are you going to join me, and my cause?"
"But what about Apiks? What will he think of th-"
"I don't think Apiks is thinking much of anything right now, as he is dead."
"Dead!?" Carefulrogue looked like he was past electrecuted, and now charred.
"Perhaps you think you cannot join him, being undead? Look at the adamantium of my blade. It is more than sharp enough to cut away the 'un' in 'undead'.
"No, I cannot join you!"
"Very well, then die. Or whatever ghosts do. Dissipate, maybe?"
Carefulrogue ran straight away from me, not seeming to notice or care that he had run straight through a wall.
Oh, well, too bad for teamwork.
With his absence, there is no one to dispute my rule.
Well, nearly no one.
But, with one of our leaders undead and missing, and one found and dead, who better to lead us, than a concerned citizen, such as me?

Well, Omer is the god of rainbows and light, and Rosywander is a sword made of light.
Also, the Essence of Rainbows made Rosywander want to worship Omer, along with defending the forumites.

Apologies, Carefulrogue, if you don't like the dialogue.
Edit:just realized I didn't fill in the host's name.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:33:21 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: October 25, 2017, 12:05:02 pm »

Absolutely mesmerizing, Th4DwArfY1. I dare say it's one of your best poems yet. It's been a pleasing sight to see you improve over the years.

Now let us see whether the homicidal sword will leave his murderous tendencies, or concentrate them towards a different enemy.

Seconded, that was my favorite one so far.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: October 25, 2017, 12:11:23 pm »

It's alright.  I've had worse transitions.  I think though, that it works.  Carefulrogue would be suspicious, definitely shocked, and generally appalled all around.  For once the "careful" part would rule, given such unknown circumstances.  Particularly though, he'd be suspicious of your confessions of religion.  Rogue is a skeptic, given all that he's seen.

Out of curiosity though, where would Rosywander have learned of the possessions? 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: October 25, 2017, 12:26:25 pm »

He is an intelligent artifact adamantium sword. He has ways and means of making people talk.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: October 26, 2017, 10:22:08 am »

I mean it more to the point, the only one that might have the slightest clue, would be Lord Lemonpie, IF he has returned to the heavily magically trapped room that is Carefulrogue's personal library.  Threaten as many people as you like, you might get only a whisper of a rumor.  Perhaps how the forumite Carefulrogue, was followed by the forumiss Rogue.  Given the supernatural circumstances of -- well, everything, would any forumite really have taken much notice? 

Carefulrogue paced the room.  Things had deteriorated, rapidly since mid-autumn.  His memory wasn't too good concerning what had happened, but he did his best to sift through only the most important. 

Apiks was dead.  One of the soldiers that had picked up Doren's sword, had apparently killed him.  Now said soldier had threatened him, with an adamantium blade.  And he had to flee. 

Of all the problems in the world, getting threatened as a ghost was not something he had ever imagined.  Instead, he had shied away from that confrontation.  Throughout the entire encounter, there was something unsettling about it all, something in the back of his mind screaming at him to run.  It left a tremor, a fear that gripped him, in a way that hasn't excepting when around Apiks. 

Carefulrogue settled on a course of action.  He would wait.  Watch, and plan.  Everyone makes mistakes, had certain weaknesses or tells, he though, glancing at the web of traps in the study.  The mess only abated over the desk, where a quill, ink jar, and book lay closed.  He didn't have plans to repeat some mistakes. 

With a final glance about, Carefulrogue moved to the door.  He would watch.  Wait.  And if the opportunity presented itself, strike.  It just depended on if the situation would be opportune enough. 

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: October 26, 2017, 02:03:31 pm »

24th Malachite.
Construction of Apik's 'tomb' has started, and shall soon finish. Hopefully he will be sealed inside before he full regenerates. The tomb will be of steel, if I can help it.

You know, it has been eight years since my last host to rule the fortress. Quite long, and yet fairly short.

25th Malachite.
The scouts have informed me, well Monom, that there is a gigantic one-eyed   with a chocolate exterior in the third cavern. When Monom heard that, he began salivating for some reason, apparently when he heard the word 'chocolate'. Organic creatures are weird.

26th Malachite.
Some fifteen- year old forumite came up to us, and told us our patients in the hospital. I was wondering why a fifteen year old was telling us about patients, when he explained that he was Quill Arcane Jr., sone of Quill Arcane Sr., and Urist Gripcanyon, and that he was a legendary diagnostician.
Also, apparently, he is a legendary farmer. How exactly does a fifteen year old Loremaster et legendary skill in both diagnostation, and farming?
He doesn't believe in Omer, or any god for that matter. Why does he not believe in gods? Why, their existence is as obvious as the nose on my- Monom's face.
After that, some other people met with Monom, and me.
Why didn't they speak with us when we became overseer?
Did they just not get the memo in time?
There is this baron, Arx, who is just plain useless, and he only refers to himself as a Peasant, despite being a baron. Weird.
There was this other guy, Gwolfski, who is a worshipper of Omer, which is good, but he is also a worshipper of seven other gods. Is Omer not good enough for you?! He is a madmite, that one.

27th Malachite
I have started the clean- up of Lord Omer's temple. It has been bloody and unclean so long.
It will be good for it to be a sacred place once more.
The temple should have a cache of rainwater, to symbolize Omer's control over the rain.
It should be lit all the time, to symbolize the light of Omer.
It will be colored in many colors, much like of Lord Omer's rainbows.
The original engraving shall be restored, and Apik's graffiti shall be no more.
There will be small, but luxurious alcoves for each of Omer's fellow gods.
Of course, none of them are way near as good as Omer, but Omer is quite modest.
There will be, every fifth of the month, an animal sacrifice in the rainwater.
Not only is rainwater drowning quite appropriate for Omer, it is also bloodless.
Armok shall get no sustenance here.

29th Malachite.
One of our soldiers, Catten Vathsithsarveshm, is in a cage. No one Monom has asked knows why he is in a cage. Did he rebel against Apiks? Did he commit a crime? I do not know.

Poor Lemonpie, the high priest of Omer, has an infection. Is this the work of the Bone Crown?

How to I, in-game, get Monom to wield Playlurches? I tried the specific weapon's list, but Playlurches isn't showing up on it.
Should I let Catten out?
I thought The Queen of Masons had been elected to the Hall of Fame, but I didn't see her there.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:35:45 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 202