Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505684 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2370 on: November 10, 2017, 01:41:43 am »

Sure.  I still go out of my way to assign the justice cases to the madman with a crown.  All of those I can that is.
You're the lawman. You just do as he asks anyway.

That's why like 2-3 people almost died on my turn (one actually did). Apiks got mad at people and then you beat them within inches of their lives cause he said so.

Funnily enough, the queen of masons wasn't one of those people
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: November 10, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »

That was before my time. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 10, 2017, 04:01:36 pm »

I started working. Once I didn't need to worry about keeping an individual save going, the railguns were an easy fix. The problem was just that the mod's buildings were stored in a file without the proper [OBJECT:BUILDING] heading. I fixed that, and checked every file to make sure the bug hadn't been made anywhere else.

I've also made the upgraded version of forumechs for next time. I don't want to officially send them up for a TehLOLmod update just yet, I'd rather finish the things I'm working on first. Here are the raws for a preview/suggestions.

Spoiler: Forumech 2 (click to show/hide)

They have four variants. Siegebreakers are the original version, and the strongest. They have good melee abilities, firebreath, and tougher armor than most forumechs. They are also much more expensive. Sharpshots and Crushers are standard combat forumechs. Sharpshots have laser cannons, Crushers have hammers. Drones are actually a separate creature completely. They have no weapons, but are sentient and able to do jobs.

You need the body plans and materials and such to actually run them, I don't have time to post them right now. I'll release that when I'm done with the upgrades and new content.

Finally, TehLOLmod's instruments are pretty badly outdated as a result of the bard update. They also aren't really instruments. Does anyone mind if I get rid of them or rework them into non-instrument forms?

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: November 10, 2017, 05:09:45 pm »

Feel free to rework outdated things. It's not really a problem since I believe they were mainly for flavor.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: November 10, 2017, 05:43:11 pm »

PLEASE make there a possibility for one called Epic Saxophone :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2375 on: November 12, 2017, 07:03:00 am »

Write up this evening.
some news: Not everyone is dead, The surface is on fire, the beast did not get in.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 12, 2017, 07:19:33 am »

Is lemonpie still alive?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: November 12, 2017, 12:16:12 pm »

Write up this evening.
some news: Not everyone is dead, The surface is on fire, the beast did not get in.
Typical.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2378 on: November 12, 2017, 04:33:36 pm »

PART ONE

Journal of Gwolfski, Overseer

Early Winter

So, time came to pass, events unfolded, and here we are again, and I'm the overseer.
Yeah, well...
I'll be brutally honest here: I'll screw up. Somewhere. Probably badly. But I'll do my best not to.
I'll also do my best to leave Project PURITY alone. Probably won't work.

A week in, and nobody's dead. Haven't done much, just looking around, trying to remember. How could I forget?

Remember I said nobody's dead yet? Well, that's still the case. But someone's half dead, some idiot called Arx climbed a tree, and got stuck. He picked the highest tree too, the bastard. Enjoy a broken arm, idiot. Probably should look at safety. Hrgh. Safety. Such an alien concept to me. I mean, personal safety is understandable. But public safety?

I ordered some holes floored opver. For safety, gotta start somewhere. Speaking of safety, the third cavern is really open. So, I got it improved. Like this:

Ignore the door at the bottom.

Late Winter

About that safety thing. Noone's dead. No. Nobody. Really. He still lives. I promise!

I was looking at the farms in my old bunker. I realised the design was never finished, so I fixed a few things, mainly the inabnility to not floof the farm and flood other things. Just a few well labeled levers. I, err, stumbled upon a corridor. It, err, sorta lead to the Project PURITY shaft. I of course went away and locked it away. Really. Believe me.

Spring

New year! New stuff to do! Let's start by figuring out why the surface is on fire. Did somebody fuck up fireworks?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:40:58 pm by Gwolfski »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: November 12, 2017, 06:26:33 pm »

Excellent start, Gwolfski. I hope to see it continue to be like this.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: November 13, 2017, 03:26:58 pm »

I put floors down on the stairs right above the third cavern layer. Did you remove the stairs to place walls around? If you did that so we could get water, there was a FB in that water, and we already have a well in the fortress.

You didn't floor over my Atom Smasher garbage chute, did you? Someone did that after my first turn.

There's a note, all in caps, telling you to place a wall somewhere. Do that, please.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: November 13, 2017, 03:44:17 pm »

In a time before time, beasts ruled the earth. For countless eons, Armok watched as the beasts tore at each other and spilled blood. The world was raw nature, and nature was red in tooth and claw. But nothing can last forever. One day, Armok tired of the beasts and sought to see something new. He sent a great hammer upon the world. It crashed into the sea with fire and light, and three quarters of the beasts were killed.

But some refused to die. The mightiest of the beasts survived in the ashen waste of the world. Armok was displeased, and set a great darkness upon the world. Three quarters of the plants were killed, and the beasts lost their food. But still some refused to die. The mightiest of the beasts made a journey into the depths of the world. There they found strange plants and new creatures to devour. And there they stayed, forgotten by the world and by Armok for a time.

And without them, the world became something new. Civilized creatures ruled the earth. Forumites, Necrothreaders, and all such things. One day, Armok looked into the depths of the world and found the mightiest of the beasts. They had refused to die, and had shown the will to defy even him. Armok was pleased by their tenacity, and he gave his blessing to the beasts to forever punish the complacent. Their eyes were made a memorial to the fire and light that ended their world. From that day forward, the beasts became something new.

They were lasersaurs.

Download

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Species (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:54:26 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2382 on: November 13, 2017, 06:28:21 pm »

Should have an end of srping/start of summer update out tommorrow. Meanwhile, here's a teaser: Election season is back.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 13, 2017, 06:38:38 pm »

Should have an end of srping/start of summer update out tommorrow. Meanwhile, here's a teaser: Election season is back.

I love election season! We should give them giant bald eagles to ride next time.
My mods and forum games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 13, 2017, 06:51:01 pm »

I love election season! We should give them giant bald eagles to ride next time.
And a fascination with Rings.
Rare (one in ten thousand) chance of Politician Gandalf, anyone?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 202