Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 516573 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2400 on: November 19, 2017, 08:42:17 am »

He's mostly over from Forum Games and Roleplaying. Speaking of which, hi Paxie o/
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: November 19, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »

Hi Paxiecrunchle, welcome to Necrothreat. There's reindeer here.

Wanted to do a progress update on the mod.

I've completed Forumechs, lasersaurs, goldfish/koi, railguns, some minor bugfixes, and added Overseer05-15's Blue Eyes White Dragon.

I'm improving the politcians, they have a bit more variety in their flags now and can use daggers. They also shouldn't share animals with the goblins next update, I've made giant bald eagles, Republican elephants, and Democrat donkeys for them. I also made normal bald eagles and bald eagle men, since I might as well if we have the giant ones. I also intend to add more castes for the politicians. Probably the US Presidents going back to JFK or at least LBJ (Particularly including Bill Clinton, since we already have Hillary), Romney, Merkel, Putin, Theresa May, David Cameron, Macron, Elizabeth Warren, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, the North Korean Kims, and Boris Johnson. If I've missed anyone we need, please point them out.

I have Epic Saxes available as instruments, but I'm still trying to get the reaction for metal ones working. If I figure that out, I should be able to get more instruments in pretty easily.

Other things I have written down are turning courage wolves into actual tame wolves rather than reskinned dogs, Lord_lemonpie's meme birds idea(Glass's Angry Birds suggestion in particular), Pikachu17's "lulz" pests, and whatever tweaks need to be done for the new version. I'm also either going to give the Indomius Rex enhanced combat skills, or let it be a lasersaur animal with the others instead of a megabeast. Leaning toward keeping it as a megabeast, unless anyone has an idea.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: November 20, 2017, 04:24:28 am »

Lord_lemonpie's meme birds idea
Speaking of which, I've got raws for several birds lying around for quite some time. Haven't got to the angry birds yet though, and I don't think I will, so feel free to meddle with it yourself.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: November 20, 2017, 10:19:00 am »

Those would be helpful, thanks.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: November 20, 2017, 10:40:12 pm »

Friendly reminder that unless a post is made today, today should be the last day of your turn, Gwolfski.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2405 on: November 21, 2017, 01:35:25 pm »

((I'm a bit behind with pictures, sorry, will edit in to this and part 2))

PART 3

Journal of Gwolfski, overseer

20th Slate 564

It's happening. They got in. I do not know how, or when, but they did. This safety thing is not working. They got in. Only two, nut they got in. This is bad. Bad. Very bad. What do I do? What?

The military. They have a purpose, get them out of retirement. Charge!

They're gone. We're save. For now. Now I see we need a better solution. To protect ourselves. To remain pure, unsulied by what Armok throws at us. His very blood will be our defence. Restart Project PURITY. Now.

Late Slate

It rhymes. Late Slate. Late Slate. Slate late. Whatever. After the incursion, I've checked the area. There's small pits everywhere, those sleazy politician-supporters must have got in that way. I just hope the others don't notice, we can't fix the holes now.

Also a notable snippet or two from the fights:

Isn't a wrestler fighting with a chainsaw cheating?

Felsite? Or Slate? Close enough.

Trollfaces. The bane of, errr... something, probably. 3 came in. 3 are dead. The control room library is full of blood.

3rd Felsite

Well great. We have a fluffy fire-breating rabbit in the caverns. And it flies. Wonderfull. Maybe I should expand Project PURITY to the caverns?

And since when is THAT here?

Felsite, later

Some guy's gone mad. Stâkud Kälánzas. Tricky name to put on a typewriter. I quite like typewriters. Easier to write on, the text is all clear. I wrote typed my whole journal with this. Handy.

Bad news. Baaaad news. A lolcat has been struck by the forgotten beast Ngoso. That's a massive flowing green buzzard, if I remember. Poor Tirist.

OH SHIT. BAD. BAD. BAD!!!!!!

It got in. It got in. It got in!!!

Calm. I must be calm. I write these thoughts. It makes me calm.

Quick, it hasn't noticed the stairs. Wall it off.

Yes. We're save. Gotta get rid of the beastie though. I have plans. But that's for later.

Remember the guy who went mad? Well he collected some, well, interesting stuff.

And look what he made! This is perfect. Maybe i should give it to the king? Speaking of that, why is the king imprisoned? For "safety" ?

I must take a close look at it. Nice name. Lol, k, am I lol? Translation is Granitemessiah.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:15:57 pm by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 21, 2017, 01:49:14 pm »

Ha! Does Apiks at last feel the shackles of justice?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 21, 2017, 09:25:25 pm »

The fools. They think they have me locked up. Little do they know that in reality they are the ones locked in with me.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2408 on: November 22, 2017, 03:59:14 pm »

((Another nice update in progress, should be all done by the end of the week. Moved some water around and my FPS is down to 8, from 15-10. May I have permission to try to dfhack the water so it evens out and stops flowing? bad fps))

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 22, 2017, 04:03:02 pm »

Wait a second... Lolcats can speak? Doesn't that mean we can't eat them? Also Gwolfski, I sent the save with the caverns walled off. Why did you unwall them?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2410 on: November 22, 2017, 04:06:49 pm »

Wait a second... Lolcats can speak? Doesn't that mean we can't eat them? Also Gwolfski, I sent the save with the caverns walled off. Why did you unwall them?

I put in a bridge, and some grates. There was one suspended construcion I didn't notice, and the beast flew in. It's fixed now

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 22, 2017, 08:41:41 pm »

Since I'd like to avoid another fps death, feel free to do whatever you deem necessary to increase fps while not cheating to make our lives easier.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 23, 2017, 07:49:30 am »

It's been quite some time since i worked on this, so idk what exactly is and isn't finished, but here's what I have

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 23, 2017, 10:06:54 am »

I just realised that this latest crown is adorned with pictures of Trolls.

How...Necrothreat.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: November 23, 2017, 12:02:25 pm »

It's been quite some time since i worked on this, so idk what exactly is and isn't finished, but here's what I have

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks. Also, I'm thankful I got almost all the update preparation done before today. Just a few more politicians, angry birds, and the conversion to the new version to take care of. I also added comic books and manga as a form of scrolls.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 202