Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 517428 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2565 on: January 27, 2018, 11:24:30 pm »

*Th4DwArfY1 wonders why Redhammer broke his quarterstaff*
*Shrugs and picks up his sceptre from where he left it while sparring.*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: January 28, 2018, 07:21:24 am »

I don't think Apiks would be opposed to the Red Hammer becoming overseer as long as, you know, they don't fight.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: January 28, 2018, 10:31:32 am »

I don't think Apiks would be opposed to the Red Hammer becoming overseer as long as, you know, they don't fight.
Well, red hammer served apiks, so...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: January 28, 2018, 12:13:46 pm »

*Th4DwArfY1 wonders why Redhammer broke his quarterstaff*
*Shrugs and picks up his sceptre from where he left it while sparring.*
I atom-smashed the scepter in game. I will do the same to all the artifacts I destroy this turn. I left your chainsaw where it was, though.

Well, red hammer served apiks, so...
I figure Apiks will stay king, but there will be a few clashes. Namely, Red Hammer throwing away all the skeletons Apiks likes.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: January 28, 2018, 12:42:26 pm »

Artifacts or named weapons?

Cause we have a lot of the latter
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: January 28, 2018, 01:09:49 pm »

I really haven't been following the story all that closely. Just all the artifacts that have been problematic/central to the story.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: January 28, 2018, 01:09:59 pm »

named weapons
And now I'm just thinking of Asax and giving weapons hundreds of names ._.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: January 28, 2018, 01:14:54 pm »

Are you saying we'll finally get the hallways scrubbed clean? Damn miracle that'd be.
I did plan at one point to get that done.  I believe that was before I sallied out the army to deal with another politician army (and got myself, two other named forumites, and a half dozen military members killed.  Whoops.)  Given the army lay in shreds, with a fresh pile of blood and gore everywhere, I gave up.  I also tend to horde everything, to make bolts, crafts, and selling goods, so that's why there isn't an efficient clean up of the waste.  Ever. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:16:40 pm by Carefulrogue »
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: January 28, 2018, 04:35:28 pm »

Red Hammer met Apiks walking to the dining hall.

"I've taken over the fortress. But I will still answer to you."

"Bluntly put." Apiks smiled slyly. "What do you plan to do with your new power?"

"Everyone wants to do their own thing. Nobody thinks about the small folk. I will be their champion. I'll make this a nice place to live again." Red Hammer looked away. "And... I could use your help. Your magic. To clean up the bones."

"So you want my help, eh? What can you offer in return?"

"I've prepared a place for Bearbane to live. You can have your rooms back. I need to get in there to clean up anyway."

"I'm listening..."

"Is that not enough? Though others may oppose you at every turn, I have never fought you. Am I not your loyal servant?"

"A fair accusation. I will move your bones. For the glory of Necrothreat."

"For the glory of Necrothreat."

Apiks and Red Hammer parted ways.

Later, in the dining hall, Apiks and Red Hammer stood beside each other atop a table. In front of them stood a crowd of forumites, almost half the fortress.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Red Hammer's voice cut through the forumites' mutterings.

"As you may know, I have taken over the day-to-day command of this fortress. I do this with the intent of making the place more livable. I'm sure all of you are as sick as I am of tripping over old clothes and corpses!" There was some laughter and a few ayes.

"Firstly, we'll be dumping all those corpses and clothes I was talking about. Secondly, some more coffins for those unburied forumites. Third, more bedrooms."

"Then come some lesser things. We have tons of steel armor from the gamers. We can melt it down to equip our own soldiers, but we have no armorsmith. A forumite will be assigned to train making copper armor before using steel. Most of the prisoners we have will be executed. In addition, I will be placing a coffer in this dining hall where you can put suggestions for additional improvements."

"And now, our king will awe us with a demonstration of powerful magic!"

Red Hammer stepped down from the table, looked up at Apiks, and nodded. Apiks set his feet and closed his eyes.

A chill filled the room. Lamps dimmed. Black smoke rose from Apiks' skin. A deep rumbling filled the hall.

All across the fortress, bones began to move. Slowly at first, they bounced and skittered across the floor. Doors burst as the weight of ancient bones piled up. Forumites clung to the walls to avoid the flood. The river of white converged and poured down into the dump, raising clouds of dust. After a few minutes, the flood had become a trickle of tardy knucklebones. The rumbling slowed, the light returned, and Apiks opened his eyes.

There was silence for a moment, before the hall burst into cheers.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: January 28, 2018, 09:05:36 pm »

"You want WHAT!?"

Chief Miner Ubbul squinted at the plans. With his finger, he started counting bedrooms. Giving up, he did some math on the edge of the parchment.

"Are you serious? A hundred and eighty three bedrooms!? We only have a few more than a hundred dwarves in this fortress!"

"I'm serious. The bedrooms we have now are garbage, and who knows how big this fortress will get?"

Ubbul sighed. "Very well then, but the miners, masons, and carpenters won't like you very much after this."

"I'm willing to live with that. For the good of all."

I can't be bothered to RP every development, so here are some smaller things that happened.
 - Migrants! A legendary glassmaker, a mason (good, we need 183 doors and 183 cabinets), two traders, a legendary animal caretaker (more haulers are always good), a trader and spearman (drafted), and a legendary macemite (also drafted).
 - Bearbane has been moved into the temple. He prays to his god and trains. I may haul him out against a deadly FB or something.
 - Speaking of which, an FB arrived. It's trapped behind some trees not ten squares from that other FB trapped behind some trees, if you know where that is.
 - I accepted a human bard into the fortress. Maybe someday we can get her to work or something.
 - Quill Arcane has discovered remedies prepared from animals. Seems all that research paid off. I've never seen that message before, by the way.
 - All the forumites have been buried, the ghosts are gone, and we have ~70 empty coffins just in case.
 - About 3/4 of what I want dumped has been dumped. Only about a thousand items are left.
 - The armorsmith is already a high master.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 09:09:43 pm by TheFlame52 »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: January 28, 2018, 09:09:49 pm »

- Bearbane has been moved into the temple. He prays to his god and trains. I may haul him out against a deadly FB or something.
Together with Lemonpie? Do they fight when in bear form or are they at peace?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: January 28, 2018, 09:24:35 pm »

Together with Lemonpie? Do they fight when in bear form or are they at peace?
I believe they're of the some type of werecreature, so they won't fight when changed. 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: January 28, 2018, 10:08:15 pm »

Rogue watched from the side.  He watched the unholy alliance before him, of the Destroyer and the Mad King.  Of the swirling cloud of bones and gore, and what shreds were skewered as they ripped past.  He watched with arms crossed, not really impressed. In it's own way, it's impressive.  Then again, he could do the same with a bit of effort.  Not nearly as well as Apiks, though. 

The magic swirled and moved with eddies as if wind or barrier shaped it, intertwining with the magic already present.  Rogue didn't know what other forces were at play, nor could he prove there were other forces working.  He just watched as the swirling white carried the bleached bones onward.  He'd have to do something.  He just wasn't sure what yet.

Just some clarification, this is a response to not the last update, but the one where Apiks and Red Hammer connive rather openly.  Apologies for the double post.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: January 29, 2018, 02:51:08 pm »

Not a single overseer made any effort to clean up the mess? I am pretty sure I threw away at least a hundred stuff on my last turn, and that's just a conservative estimate. I spent 60% of my turn trying to throw away as much junk as I could.
There is just a lot of junk, and not enough janitors.

EDIT:Of course, to get this way, probably someone shirked their cleaning duty.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:59:21 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: January 29, 2018, 02:57:00 pm »

Most of my first turns consisted of me trying to clean as many corpses/potential future enemies from the surface as possible.

It's actually been too long since we had a flood of undead. I do not say that lightly.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 202