Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505474 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2595 on: February 02, 2018, 03:20:42 am »

Lemonpie had only heard the news a few hours after the shutdown, when his remaining followers came down for guidance. He laughed. A memory worth preserving. Good thing he was a legendary engraver.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: February 02, 2018, 07:02:13 am »

Lemonpie had only heard the news a few hours after the shutdown, when his remaining followers came down for guidance. He laughed. A memory worth preserving. Good thing he was a legendary engraver.

Also in a cage.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: February 02, 2018, 12:09:15 pm »

Also in a cage.
Wait is he literally caged within the cathedral? I thought he was just locked inside the Cathedral.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: February 02, 2018, 12:37:27 pm »

He's in a side room of the cathedredral. It's accessed by a stair, so I put a hatch over it and locked it. So he's not in a literal cage, though he is figuratively caged.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: February 02, 2018, 02:59:29 pm »

"Red Hammer is in a fetal position. The horse is laughing."

I'll take five of them
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: February 02, 2018, 05:18:46 pm »

Everyone laughed at Red Hammer. But she did not raise the alert. The fall caravan arrived. No attack was forthcoming. Still, Red Hammer did not raise the alert. Forumites began to grow angry. But then, as the caravan approached the front gate, it was attacked by gamers!

Now Red Hammer laughed!

As the merchants fled, a wagon overturned. Crossbow bolts flew. The woods caught fire. The caravan guards charged, buying time for their charges to escape. They killed 15 gamers and horses before the spreading fire forced them to retreat as well. The only losses taken were the wagon and a bolt in a merchant's gut.

Necrothreat waited for the fire to burn out.

As the fire reached the dry moat, migrants were sighted! The smoke blocked their view of the view of the gamers, and vice versa. Forumites shouted from the walls for them to get inside. They all made it in: a legendary milker/legendary appraiser, a useless peasant, a legendary mechanic/great smith (fucking awesome), a surgeon/legendary spearman, a legendary jeweler, a suturer, and a great carpenter. All around, a rollercoaster of skill. Also a puppy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:13:10 pm by TheFlame52 »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: February 02, 2018, 07:20:21 pm »

Do me a favour - name the surgeon/spearman Kaladin Stormblessed. It has to be done.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: February 02, 2018, 09:16:52 pm »

Do me a favour - name the surgeon/spearman Kaladin Stormblessed. It has to be done.
sure

After a while, the fire died down. Tired of waiting, Red Hammer sent out the military. The last few gamers were eradicated. The alert was finally raised and the forumites began cleaning up the mess left on the surface.

A forumite was possessed, and began making something out of stone. A forgotten beast, a humanoid made of ash, appeared in the third cavern. Red Hammer's younger brother, a scholar, visited the fortress and applied for residency. The forumite made a marble sig named after himself.

This can't possibly be some kind of horrible magical weapon.

((Two things. One, whoever gave forumites skill boosts is a good person. Two, who wants me to change what their dwarf likes? I'm a filthy cheater and I know the structure of the game.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: February 03, 2018, 02:46:44 am »

Naturally Apiks must like crowns. That is a given.

Also, good one, Th4DwArfY1. Fun reference for those that get it.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: February 03, 2018, 06:42:40 pm »

- Bedrooms are almost complete, just have to put the furniture in.
 - The ash humanoid got into the fort and was killed by a weaver before I noticed.
 - A spider with poisonous bite (and webs) is in the first cavern.
 - Cleanup is complete.
 - The army now trains outside, to avoid cave adaption.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: February 03, 2018, 11:21:17 pm »

Did Highmax ascend to adulthood yet?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: February 04, 2018, 09:29:47 am »

He grew up last year. I made him bean counter at the start of my turn, I just forgot to mention it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: February 04, 2018, 04:38:55 pm »

Time passed. Winter arrived. The bedrooms were nearing completion, needing only a few dozen more items of furniture moved in. With the production of enough sets of steel armor, I ordered that all military dwarves war only armor. Dwarves rushed to the surface and to the forges to claim whatever pieces of armor they chose to wear.

Then Chainlord Kol sighted trolls.

Wearing nothing but a cap and a bit of chainmail, nauseated by the sun, Kol charged the group. More and more trolls jumped from the undergrowth, but he was undeterred. He killed two trolls and wounded dozens more before being pulled down. Chainlord Lokum met a similar fate, but did far better. She killed over 20 trolls before she finally passed out from exhaustion and was killed. I awarded her with the title Trollslayer. Maybe that will help her family in their grieving.

The vanguard of the army arrived: Spearmaster Stakud, Chainlord Dastot, Swordmaster Monom, and I. As we topped the small rise, limbs flew. I took the worst of it. My left ankle was broken. Then my right shoulder. I lost my hold on my hammer. A troll bent my knee backwards. But my shield was still good steel, and I kept fighting. Dastot stood over me and protected me. She pushed ahead as Stakud finished mopping up the trolls behind us. Monom was in the center of a knot of trolls, his blade going though troll after troll like a ballista bolt through a skinny elf. I brought a troll to the ground and began trying to break its think skull. Before too long, the mob of trolls was reduced to just a handful.

We pushed ahead. A troll broke my other ankle even as my comrades pruned his limbs. Finally, we were alone on the hill. The trolls were dead or fleeing. Monom had earned a title, the Drums of Incineration. Our two dead forumites had been avenged. Five more soldiers were approaching. Victorious, I ordered everyone to hunt down the remaining trolls.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: February 04, 2018, 08:14:42 pm »

EXCUSE ME, MOTHER FUCKER!?

I KNOW EXACTLY WHO IT WAS, TOO

HE DIDN'T DIE, THE BASTARD

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: February 05, 2018, 12:25:10 am »

He grew up last year. I made him bean counter at the start of my turn, I just forgot to mention it.
Send him into the military as a swordsmite

It is time he claimed his birthright :P

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 202