Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 503972 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2700 on: March 01, 2018, 11:22:33 am »

When can I start? Haven't got the sacred message yet.

The message is usually sent when I notice that the people in question haven't replied within a day or two after the save has been posted.

I didn't think people enjoyed my nagging that much.  :P
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: March 01, 2018, 11:42:14 am »

Feels like a lovely tradition I can not break :P

I think I'll put a lot of lore focus in my updates, as time passes slowly ingame.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: March 01, 2018, 01:57:47 pm »

Yay! Lemonpie and Lore!
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: March 01, 2018, 03:19:16 pm »

Lemonpie wept in his frigid, barren alcove. He had been weeping a lot lately. Not many came to visit, and those who did only brought auras of depression and concern. Even the entities that spoke to him changed. Lovely spirits like Aurelux, the Angel of Golden Light, Histi, the Whisp of Laughter, and Old Arn, the Heavenly Eagle, servants of Omer who once frequented him and comforted him in his times of need had been switched out for devious minor imps like Husdharion, He Who Flays to the Bone, Ar'rghad, The Rotten Eye that Sees All, and Goobadooba, the Slug-eater, who came to taunt and torture him. Servants of the Bear. Servants of Armok. The same thing. Lemonpie had written down all interactions with the minor whisps that visited him and passed them on to Quill Arcane, so more could be learned of their nature at his requests.

Quill was one of few who still came. He often brought flavorful herbal teas with him, always tasting differently. They spoke about the status of the fortress, how it had been flourishing lately. Their foolish push for the resources outside, and the deaths it had caused. They talked about Quill's scientific advancement, the discoveries he made in the laboratory, study and library Lemonpie had ordered to be dug out in the dungeons of Sprin's castle for Quill. A shame the menagerie of exotic animals Lemonpie had captured and placed in Quill's study had been severely thinned out. New beasts would need to be caught.

Crazy Fey and Arx rarely visited when they were alive, but their recent deaths had made things even lonelier. Some ghosts who rested within the cathedral, such as Ustuth and Ganondwarf, came to talk as the sacred stones saved them from Armok's purgatory, yet none of those three had been buried here. Carefulrogue's ghost only seemed to watch.

Even Lord Omer did not talk. Lemonpie tried time and time again but all he could hear was the bear. The wretched, wretched bear. A sliver of Armok himself, the same being, yet not entirely. Inside, he felt its presence. As if it was breathing in his neck, his maw open around Lemonpie's neck at all times, ready to bite and sever his spine at all time. Lemonpie's new green eye still burnt in its socket. It had its own little will, as it darted around separately from Lemonpie's other eye. Always looking for prey.

To the outside, the fort might seem to flourish, but to those able to see underneath the veil of matter, it was clear the fortress was rotting. Negative energies, entities, spilling like black honey from a bear-thrashed beehive. And in the skies, for those that could see true, the clouds were no longer white. They were red as blood, formed like the clawed fists of a raging titan.

Armok was coming.

And no God came to help us.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: March 01, 2018, 04:58:43 pm »

Orange had left them, but blue had not returned. Quill was worried. Things were not as they should be. Magic was unbalanced. What little blue magic they had was still getting over the corruption of Highmax. "Disgraceful," Quill spoke to himself, "of course, it's a different kind of blue magic, but still, serving Armok at all is disgraceful." In a normal time, the imbalance of magic could signal any form of major event, likely negative, though it was entirely possible it could be good, but this was different. Lord Lemonpie was no longer being visited by the servants of Omer, instead by imps and demons. Red Hammer had fallen, and her inquisition had ended as a result, but for some reason, this did not comfort him. Orange had left, their contract fulfilled, but Quill wished he had not. That power would have been very useful in whatever was coming. Worst of all, Lord Afer had not been speaking with him. In his mortal life, Lord Afer had been a practioner of blue magic. Now, as in his immortal life, it was a part of his domain. If anyone could fix the issue of this imbalance, it would be him, but he remained silent. One thing was for certain, Armok had found his way into the fortress, and he would not give up his hold.

They were on a stranded ship in a storm

And there was blood in the water.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: March 01, 2018, 05:06:01 pm »

And despite all this, the only undead we have has been locked in up a room in someone's office, somewhere
It's a zombie panda brought back by the high lord necrothreader that attacked very early in the fort. It killed TheFlame52.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: March 01, 2018, 09:05:43 pm »

And despite all this, the only undead we have has been locked in up a room in someone's office, somewhere
It's a zombie panda brought back by the high lord necrothreader that attacked very early in the fort. It killed TheFlame52.
A vote, who wants to kill it to see if we can summon the zombie hordes?  To hell with FPS concerns, we're far past that.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: March 02, 2018, 04:31:47 am »

I vote in favour!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: March 02, 2018, 09:14:06 am »

I vote against! That panda is our slavering, manic mascot!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: March 02, 2018, 09:15:59 am »

I vote against! That panda is our slavering, manic mascot!
We have a mascot?
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: March 02, 2018, 09:21:33 am »

Yes. It's a slavering, manic panda which is also somehow friendly towards our ambition to wipe out all its kind. Truly, a sympathetic and heroic creature. Which we have locked up "just in case."
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: March 02, 2018, 09:24:59 am »

His name is now Freddy Fazbear.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: March 02, 2018, 09:26:51 am »

I propose a new vote: Initiate Freddy Fazbear 'the Friendly Undead Panda Mascot of Necrothreat' into the Hall of Fame.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: March 02, 2018, 02:17:42 pm »

I propose a new vote: Initiate Freddy Fazbear 'the Friendly Undead Panda Mascot of Necrothreat' into the Hall of Fame.
i second the motion.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: March 02, 2018, 02:21:35 pm »

i second the motion.
Lol, I approve.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 202