Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505453 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2820 on: September 28, 2018, 09:55:51 pm »

Is this where we move from a military outpost to an actual barony? Not exactly kingdom tier worthy of me, but I approve!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: September 30, 2018, 05:22:56 pm »

Rest in Peace. Let us hope I take the bear with me in the grave.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: October 01, 2018, 06:28:13 am »

I imagine there's infected. We'll have to see how they're handled. But then again they are innocents...
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: October 01, 2018, 04:30:37 pm »

You'd think that despite being a student, work wouldn't give me 36 hours a week

Expect an update tomorrow at the latest
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: October 02, 2018, 09:52:33 am »

(Laptop BSOD'd again. I lost the images)

Risen lay awake in his hospital bed after suffering wounds from the bear. The wound stung more than anything he had before, feeling like it was on fire. The doctors said he would be out before long and he would be back training in the military for the glory of Necrothreat. Risen knew there was little glory in his job, especially after having to kill the priest. He looked over at the others who were wounded and resting, snoring as the night passed.

Risen jolted from his bed as he heard the doctor shouting. It didn't take long before he saw a figure wielding a spear on his back standing before his bed holding a scroll case. The axemite knew all too well of this figure: CarefulRogue. The lawman opened up the scroll and in a voice that was powerful enough to shake Risen to his core but not loud enough to wake the others, Rogue read the contents.

"By the order of His Majesty, Apiks the First, you are found guilty of failing to uphold a mandate. Upon farther investigation, you have also been charged with teason and conspiring against The Crown. As the hand of the King of Necrothreat, I have found, without a shadow of a doubt, proof of this. Your sentence has been elevated from a beating..." Rogue looked solemn as he paused. "... To death"

Risen in his shock didn't move. Branded a traitor by his king he served loyally after a triumphant victory. Rogue took his spear and looked down at the man in his hospital bed. "I'll make this as quick and painless as I can. May Omer have mercy on your soul..." With a single strike, Rogue brought thrusted his spear swiftly into his skull, killing him instantly. The look of shock and horror on his face remained still as his body fell lifeless onto the bed.

But CarefulRogue wasn't done. Another order from his lord to kill another conspirator sat in his hands; another soldier. He knew this one got out recently, and made his way towards the next target's bedroom. "You know why he's having you do this, right?" Rogue didn't even have to turn to look at Morul; he recognized the voice. "He claims treason, but it seems he's doing it to stop Lord Lemonpie's curse from spreading. He doesn't have a reason yet for me to go after two of them, but its all a ruse. These men did nothing wrong, but they're being framed for crimes they didn't commit. He wanted me to stage it as a beating, but I can't do that to the innocent soldiers. Its disrespectful for putting their lives on the line only to be put down like rabid dogs." He took another step as Morul spoke up. "Do you think its ok to kill them for having the possibility of being infected?" Rogue didn't say a word and left to perform the duty he was given by his damnable King.

Highmax kept close as he heard the next soldier screaming in his room, but with no one else around to hear. She smiled

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: October 02, 2018, 03:07:14 pm »

One more warrior screams into the empty night, and is silenced...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: October 05, 2018, 08:17:59 pm »

Morul sat in her office and began eating her usual lavish roast when she heard the revving of chainsaws before she heard the "alarm" as Quill called it go off: election season

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She grabbed what she could and grabbed the weathered vial on her desk. If she was gonna be trapped inside for a while, at least she's gonna spend the time doing something productive.

The soldiers stood at the gates, ready for whatever may come. Apiks, not yet in his battle dress pointed at the group formed up and gave an order; the squad known as the Gloved Lights was to stall for time while the others formed up and got everyone a chance to get inside. Normally the politicians weren't too much of a threat, but the soldiers knew that this was a suicide mission, given the only two in this group were the soldiers who were just taken out of the hospital during the bear incident. Lolcats in the field were picked off one by one as the army approached. One wood burner didn't make it as a Ted Cruz Flag Waver planted their flag into his skull, showing off a display of force.

Trolls took to the field as the fundraisers and flag wavers began to form up for their rally. One of the two bear survivors steps forward as the trolls bore down on him; his partner abandoned him, claiming to go find equipment. The politicians began waving the corpses of the janitor and the fishery workers on their flags, proving which candidate was greater. He entered a martial trance, and the trolls came at him, and one by one, he stabbed and struck at them. The narrow path began to fill with the corpses of his foes until one troll charged at him as another leapt at him. The lone forumite dodged the charge, watchnig the troll tumble into the pit below, but the forumite collided with the leaping troll, sending them tumbling into the makeshift moat below.

Regaining his regular conscience, the wrestler known as Bim screamed as his kneecap shattered on impact. Trolls descended on him as he tried to regain the upper hand, but they struck at his bum leg, crushing his foot and shattering his lower leg. Like a pack of hyenas moving in for the kill, the trolls came down on him as he could no longer dodge the strikes. They beat and gored his body until he could no longer stay awake and let the void take him. But the trolls weren't done with him, as they began to tear at his helpless body. His armor was strong to withstand most killing blows, but they began removing his armor piece by piece as others struck at him. One took the helmet off of Bim and began to strike him in the skull with the very thing meant to protect his skull before watching the forumite's head explode into gore.

The soldiers, unable to watch anymore, charged. First as individuals then as a whole. The trolls began to quake as the horde of forumites ran across the bridge, weapons swinging and screaming "FOR NECROTHREAT!" Ichor caked the walkways and fell into the unfilled moat. One old veteran led the charge, swinging her sword but was disarmed as her copper weapon shattered in her hands. The soldiers behind her stopped as she reached for a blade that none dared touch after the incident with it; a sword marked with a crimson emblem and its blade a light blue in hue.

Whether it be from having lost everything or by being unphased by the cursed blade, the former host of Rosywander swung her second possessor's blade as if it were an extension of her body. Troll heads and limbs fell into the pit below as troll ichor splashed her face. The trolls began to flee seeing the onslaught of the forumites.

The rally of politicians arrived at the gates as the forumites formed up outside of the bridge. Projectiles from both sides flew into the air as forum posts and dollars clashed in the air, coming down like rain on both sides. The politicians had numbers, but Necrothreat had skill and anger from watching their comrade die before them. With their initial waves of trolls having been routed or slain, the politicians readied their flags as the forumites charged into their lines, steel ripping into their uniforms. As the battle raged, the survivor of lemonpie stopped as he ran to the battlefield and lurched over as his comrades stopped to pull him up. Lashing out, the bear came out of this one, kicking a wrestler in the head as he turned. The wounded wrestler swung at the bear but missed, as the bear bit off his ear. Screaming, the wrestler did all that he could and stabbed at his former ally, cleaving asunder his body with a lucky strike.

Down below, another battle raged as bearbane stared down as another forumite, praying to omer to let him escape this alive. The bear smiled as he bore down on his prey. But he didn't bite, but rather he used his large paws to strangle the life out of the poor peasant who became his prey. Whether by some cruel dillusion granted to bearbane or a sick thought the bear had, the peasant grasped at his threat as the bear watched the life exit the forumite's body. The peasant lashed out, swinging wildly but barely harming the monster. Roars were heard as a lone jeweler stood forward with a pick in hand. The bear lunged at him, biting his foot, but the jeweler struck at the former battle miner, landing a perfect strike at the neck and sent the head of the bear across the room.

Back at the front, soldiers fought along the side of the moat, as the rally  began to thin. Slowly though, they resorted to the same tactics as the trolls did and threw forumites into the pit below. SOme were wounded, others went on unscathed. But as the battle drew on, forumites began to grow. The wrestler who survived the turned werebear was one of these as a stray dollar struck her in the heart, killing her within seconds. Dozens of politicians bore down to those in the pit, but they were caught off guard as Monom, the weilder of the cursed blade, slaughtered everyone entering the moat, defending those who fell in before crawling out and flanking those remaining. Beaten and broken, the politicians fled or fought to the death, but they were successful either way; forumites died and the elections would continue.

A few trolls remained in hiding in the deeper parts of the moat, but they were found and slaughtered. Several forumites died but Necrothreat stood firm.

Morul walked over to a familiar place deep below the ground. She didn't remember, but Highmax did. She placed her hand on the wall and spoke a light chant as the wall collapsed. Inside the wall was a cracked blade that she remembered all too well. She grasped it and felt an overwhelming hostility try to assault her. "Don't be afraid. This will only hurt for a second..." The blade made a loud ringing noise as Morul's hand formed a gray orb, swallowing an unknown substance from the blade. Within moments, the damaged blade went brown and collapsed, turning into rust before forcing the essence into a vial.

"I need you elsewhere, Rosy... A new host, if you will..."

A forumite walked in just as she put away the vial. "My lady, news from the front. They succeeded in breaking the siege." Morul turned, her red and blue eye stared into the messenger's eye. "Were my orders followed?" The forumite reeled at the gaze. "Y-yes, my lady. The infected are all dead and the slayer who was wounded died in the battle." Morul smiled. "Then the bear is dead for good." The messenger swallowed heavily. "Un... Unfortunately, bearbane turned and wounded another. He was killed, but the one who killed him is in the hospital." Morul sighed. "Kill him. I don't care how." The messenger stutterd "W-will Apiks be ok with this?" Morul rose her hand and the forumite felt his body cling to the cieling being pulled by something inside of him. "Apiks will do anything to save this place. I have every other noble in my pocket since I have become his favorite. Now, you will stage this wounded man's death or I will have to stage yours. Am I clear?" The forumite nodded before collapsing onto the ground and dashing away.

Morul smiled as she held up the vial. "He will do anything I ask of him if I keep my promise..."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: October 05, 2018, 08:37:51 pm »

I like the image of Ted Cruz standing over the speared forumite.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: October 08, 2018, 02:38:23 pm »

Been busy recently, but expect an update later today

A little tidbit: The masses are beginning to break under duress. Tantrums and depression is starting to actually come in

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: October 08, 2018, 03:20:11 pm »

Well, what are you waiting for? Throw them in jail!
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: October 08, 2018, 03:52:40 pm »

Just appoint the strongest dwarf in the fort as captain of the guard or whatever forumite equivalent. They'll cave the skulls of everyone who's upset. It worked in Breadbowl.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: October 08, 2018, 08:44:24 pm »

Just appoint the strongest dwarf in the fort as captain of the guard or whatever forumite equivalent. They'll cave the skulls of everyone who's upset. It worked in Breadbowl.
He's not the strongest, but CarefulRogue is pretty good at what he does

Imush the jeweler, bruised and wounded from refusing to surrender, was led to a room near the stockpiles he wasn't familiar with. The air was filled to the brim with a dark aura; one that he hadn't felt in a long time. Apiks stepped in from behind him and leaned into the face of the broken forumite. "You claimed you were loyal to me but you refused to obey my word. This only proves your treacherous intent. You know what is to be done." Imush spat a mix of blood and saliva into Apiks' face. The King took a hankercheif from his coat and wiped off his face before wiping the sweat and blood off of the jeweler. "You can hate me all you want, but you and I both know that your death means the safety of Necrothreat. I won't have that infernal bear run free in my kingdom any longer. You are the last remnant of him. It is a shame that you killed bearbane only to be wounded by him. I don't need heroes, like the people ask for. I need survivors; people hardened from their experiences who become hardened. They will help lead Necrothreat into glory." Apiks left the jeweler locked inside the room.

As the king made his way to the lever, he spoke at the door. "Know that this place is where my crown was taken from me. Your death will be painless, unlike the power that was taken from me to save this place. This is why you must die; I cannot save them without my full power." Apiks threw the lever as a loud creaking was heard before a loud crash. Apiks pulled the lever a second time as the atom smasher rose back up. "May the gods free you from this place."

Morul made finishing touches to her plan as a messenger knocked on her door. Morul gave no response but the messenger knew he was allowed to enter. "My lady, I bring you good news. The last bear has been slain." Morul smiled as she finished taking a drink from her mug. "Excellent. May Omer finally be at rest after I'm finished with him. Do you have anything else?" The messenger nodded and turned pale as he pulled out a sheathed sword. Morul drew it right from his hands and caressed the blade before giving a mildly disgusted look. "Its familiar to the touch, but I'm no swordsmite. Instead, I will use all the power I am given to make this cursed weapon into something far greater..." Morul pulled out the grey vial from her bag as the messenger began to gaze in horror as she poured its contents out. The strange substance came out and swallowed the sword as if it was a beast that consumed metal. The blue tinted hilt changed color, but the crimson emblem stayed. The blade spoke out to Morul

And here I thought you would never want to use me...

Morul spoke back but in her mind, straining herself to hold the cursed blade in check. "I won't use you in the way you want me to. You will be a lightning rod for my will. I do plan on reuniting you with your favorite forumite, but I have a task for us to do first."

You think you can bargain with me? You're sadly mistaken

The messenger gazed up in horror as Morul began to glow red and blue and shouted out loud. "I am Morul. The last heir of a dead bloodline and adopted daughter of Highmax, Master of Swords. My strength lies not in might with a sword like those before me, but in the magic I studied for years to learn and master.

KNOW

YOUR

PLACE

Morul lashed out with her magic and the faint glow from the sword's hilt died down. Rosywander was held back, if only for now

The messenger spoke up from the whole spectacle. "I do have some grim news though, my lady. The state of the people of Necrothreat... Its grim. People are turning to insanity from the stress." Morul shook her head. "Let them do what they will. They will rejoice once my plan is set into motion."

Apiks gathered Monom and a select few other soldiers to his office. "I'm not going to lie. I don't want you to think this as a suicide mission, but it is what it is.

I want you to destroy the Necrothreader Tower."

The soldiers either gasped or showed what little surprise they could. "You will not be alone on this raid. If she succeeds in her task, then may we be immortalized forever as heroes. If she fails, then we are doomed." Apiks beckoned at the door as Morul walked in. "She has studied magic in ways that few have. She believes she can cause the tower's destruction to not only end our nearby undead threat, but she claims she has gained the power to kill a god; Ur. And before you call me a fool, she has proven it to me with a demonstration of a fraction of her power." Morul smiled as the soldiers that were shaken looked on her in horror. "I wish you only success. They are led by a Thread Necromancer for now, but Ur will be there before long. Defend her until she is able to complete her task."

The soldiers saluted and left, making last minute preparations...

... It didn't take long for the group to arrive. Morul drew Rosywander's new body, threw out a piece of rotten flesh onto the ground and pulled out a skull before she began to glow. Thread Necromancers began to scramble to battle and raise undead as the soldiers formed up in front of her. Monom led the attack, shouting at the few soldiers she had to form up in a battle pattern they had discussed before arriving. Morul roared out to the tower which began to swirl the black clouds that seemed to blacken the very land itself.

"I bring the bones, the blood and the flesh of a God. These are the last surviving artifacts of Omer; the remnants of Omer's will given flesh, Lord Lemonpie. I call unto the gods to grant me the power to rid the land of its disease; the Lord of Undeath and the first Thread Necromancer. With the strength given to me by the Lord of Bones and the strength of divinity, I challenge you, Ur!"

The soldiers began their attack, masterfully maneuvering against the undead and their masters. Lightning struck the sky as the clouds began to take the shape of a decaying face. The soldiers looked up and felt unimaginable fear, but Highmax's magic gave them a shred of courage as Morul began to lift up into the sky as she placed a crown of bone on her head. "Those before me slew you before, Ur. I stand here as a Scion of all the people of Necrothreat putting aside internal strife to form as one body.

I am everything that Necrothreat stands for."

The soldiers felt inspired as Morul began to channel powre as the black clouds swirled together before sweeping across the fields of battle. The soldiers felt their very body decaying with the clouds tearing through them. Morul raised her hand and a wind tore apart the black cloud, rejuvinating the soldiers.

"WE CANNOT BE BROKEN"

Lightning filled the sky as the decayed face reformed and screamed, trying to blast the forumite from the sky, but the forumites felt a divine power appear as they claimed to have seen Omer appear in the form of an older, more wizened, Lord Lemonpie. A rainbow appeared over the battlefield as rain fell from the sky. A soldier shouted out "Praise be to Omer!" As he lashed out and slew the lead threadromancer. Undead began to rise as the Thread Necromancers began channeling their power, but the corpses bones rotted and decayed in seconds of the bodies forming. Next to Omer stood another figure, one of Apiks, but carrying a pick instead of a chainsaw. "The Lord of Bones is our ally, Lord of Undeath! Without your bones, you are a mound of blood and flesh!" The black cloud began to rain black as Morul let out magic from her hands towards the decaying face.

"With the power granted to the past Highmax by your ally Armok, I take away the blood!" The black rain dried before reaching the ground and turned to a shade of brown. "Your strength holds nothing here!" The bodies of the thread zombies began to dry up and turn to dust as the soldiers moved in for the final strike on the necrothreaders. Another aspect appeared of Th4DwArfY1 carrying a spear showed up. And then another of Quill, using strange devices. More and more showed up until everyone of Necrothreat seemed to show. The decaying face began to roar in fury as it seemed to lash out but to no avail. It turned once again into a black mist and went towards on of the last Necromancers. A lone axemite, Risen Monomrerras, charged the changed Necrothreader and slew him. The black mist flew out of the body violently as the form of a High Lord Threadromancer formed below the tower. Highmax threw the blade in her hand as it pierced the Dark God in his heart. Screamnig in fury and pain, black blood flowed from his body. Robbed of his power, he was powerless to the death he was given. Monom charged forward as Ur tried to take the blade out of him and twisted the blade, driving it deeper into him. Rosywander gleefully felt the willingness of its old host let it in, and laughed as the dark god began to bubble and liquidate as he died. Monom pulled out the blade and raised it to the sky. "GLORY BE TO NECROTHREAT!"

The aspect of Necrothreat faded almost instantly as Morul fell. A soldier caught her and picked her up, before spotting the broken skull of Lord Lemonpie; any hope of doing this again to slay Armok was gone as Omer had finally left Necrothreat to its own devices.

The soldiers returned triumphantly, but to a fort that couldn't bring itself to honor them. Morul went to her lord who bore a pleased expression on his face as she returned his crown of bone. "I loathed to think that my crown was used by someone else, even if it is a failed copy of my greater one. I'm glad that it was used to finally end that undead menace." Morul shook her head. "We killed their main source of power, but the Necrothreaders are still strong and alive. There may be another Ur one day, but for now, we can relax. The tower is fallen, and now we can turn our gaze to the politicians."

As Morul spoke with apiks, Risen, the deemed true slayer of Ur, clutched in his hand a grim reminder of the Tower...

((Interesting tidbit, the thread necromancers were at peace with us. Glad I took care of them when I did. I don't know about you guys, but I feel that our next step is to send some protestors to the politician's polling booths :P

Oh yeah, and I'm expecting bad shit to happen with the Necromancy book. It also doesn't help that we're at about 8 to 12 forumites who are oblivious to reality now. We also gained another Hillocks, so I'm tempted to see about sending some of our depressed Forumites on "vacation" there

Also, I would like to request we initiate Risen and Monom into the Hall of Necrothreat. Risen for killing the big thread necromancer leading the defence and Monom for excellence in the frontlines and as a strategist. I think Apiks has a run for his money on how many kills she has))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: October 09, 2018, 01:52:58 am »

Hello. May I please by forumited?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: October 09, 2018, 03:06:53 am »

Never thought I'd see the day we push back against the Necrothreaders and bring the fight to them. Brings a tear to my eye.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: October 09, 2018, 03:28:09 am »

It’s... Glorious.
Thank Toady!
THANK TOADY!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 202