Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505720 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2835 on: October 09, 2018, 10:02:39 am »

Hello. May I please by forumited?
As soon as I boot it up, you're in. Any preferences?

Never thought I'd see the day we push back against the Necrothreaders and bring the fight to them. Brings a tear to my eye.
I had to make something happen for an off-shoot of noticing I can assault the Necrothreaders. Still scared of that book though... Thinking I may make the library citizens only so it doesn't leave our hall. I'm also tempted to go off on a crusade to purge any other traces of Necrothreaders from the land, but the politicians are a bigger threat having a huge 3000+ population retreat nearby. If we succeed, it becomes the next Glidesnarls. If we fail, then I'll be very surprised. I have no doubt our soldiers will be able to handle it, but I'm worried that they might siege the place for a month
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: October 09, 2018, 11:01:43 am »

Over on the mod thread, I found something interesting while searching through legends. Over the last two years, that Necrothreader tower sent 9 invasions after the politicians.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: October 16, 2018, 01:03:09 pm »

"YOU FOOL!"

Apiks shouted at the soldier as the book dropped to the floor. "Do you plan on making this fort become another pit for the undead with bringing this here!?" CarefulRogue gave another jab to Risen as Apiks raised his hand again.

"Close out all the libraries to the public. Only citizens can enter. Until we find that damned book, no one takes it from our home."

Rogue lowered his fist before saluting "It will be done."

Apiks shook his head before looking at the beaten soldier. "Get out of my sight. You'll live, unlike the others. We need you for my glorious plan." Morul stepped forward after the soldier picked himself up. "Your Majesty, I don't think this glorious charge will be as glorious as you think it will be. I agree the politicians are a big problem to us, and they deserve retribution for the countless death they caused us, but this won't solve the problem of morale as your Highness thinks it will. People are succumbing to tantrums, depression and losing their mind."

Apiks waved his hand as he sat in his throne. "They will be happy once our foes are crushed. One way or another. And I will be leading the army personally. If the people truly hate me, then this is the break they will get." Morul looked down with a solemn look. "This is a bandage on a severed limb, my King. If this is what you think will work, then I will do as you say."

Time passed, and as Morul worked tireless with the other nobility to keep Necrothreat working in the absence of its ruler. But as days drew on, the true foe of Necrothreat set in, as one by one, the true battle began. Forumites began to succumb to depression, fury and mild insanity came over the fort.

It wasn't before long before the madness wave grew too much. It was then where Morul made an order that went against everything other overseers did: all bodies are forbidden to be obtained, letting the corpses to rot in the sun, exposed to wandering necromancers. As if to appease the pleas for aid, the mist generators began to work again, and the forumites began to spend time with the dancing troupe in the tavern. But it wasn't enough. Tantrums began rampant, and swift action had to be taken, as CarefulRogue was pulled from the line of duty to administer justice. But no one claimed the bodies, as they were left for all to see; a message for those who defied the King in his absence.

Morul wandered the now corpse ridden halls. Her mind began to flood; a feeling she hadn't had since she was named heir to Highmax's line. She dropped to her knees and collapsed as she dropped next to a body whose lifeless eyes stared her down. She vomited in horror as she recognized the body.

Morul began to weep before she felt her body collapse. Her eyes grew heavy as she lost consciousness from the horror. She awoke in that void that was all to familiar. She felt restrained as she did before, but she didn't fight it, she could only weep.

"I... I did everything I needed to do... Ur is slain... Why are you all here still?"

You don't understand, do you?

The corrupted figure appeared before her as her weeping voice turned to scorn. "I thought you went to Hell where you belong..."

My conquest will never end. As long as a trace of undeath is in this world, I will always be here

Morul stopped weeping as she stared down the demon living inside her. She felt only fury now. Losing her friend from her childhood, watching the people of Necrothreat suffer, and this monster gloating before her. "You hold no sway over me, Slave of Armok!" The figure's laugh echoed into the void

You think you are so powerful? Show me your strength. You're a pompous noble. Know your place

Morul felt the bonds holding her give way. She let out a furious cry of anger as she charged the apparition, fists flailing from inexperience.

Nav looked on in horror as Morul screamed and began to burst with magic. Her cursed eye glowed blue and red violently as she began to flail around, seeming to fight an invisible enemy. "Morul, calm yourself!" Quill ran out of his office and gazed in horror. "This is NOT the person we want to have a tantrum! You, Nav! Get everyone away from her!"

Morul swung at the figure who dodged her every strike. "I am the heiress to the bloodline of Highmax, Guardian of Necrothreat and Slayer of Ur!" She lifted up her hand to cast her magic but nothing came out. Through the faceless figure, she felt his grin bear down on her like teeth

Highmax's spells were learned and mastered. You only were able to master and control it due to my own power. You're no Hero, you're a fattened noble who uses the leech stuck on her to show how powerful she is.

You didn't kill Ur. I DID. My power was what won you that victory.

Morul roared in fury and kept swinging with her fists. "I'LL SHOW YOU! I will prove to you that I am the one that will clear our name from the deeds you have done!" The figure stepped aside and smiled.

Nav grabbed the crippled courage wolf out of Morul's way. "I don't know whats wrong!" Nav dodged out of the way as Morul struck at the ground trying to wound Nav, destroying two cages in the process. "Can't you do something!?" Quill shouted from his office down the hall. "I'm looking, but I can't find it! You'll just have to occupy her until she calms down!" Nav looked up at Highmax staring down at him. "Well, Bollocks..."

Morul struck over and over at the figure but she couldn't land a hit. She screamed in fury as she dropped to her knees. The figure knelt down at her side.

You're a fool. You couldn't hit someone standing in front of you and not even striking back. Let me share with you a fraction of my knowledge...

Morul struck and felt the figure grasp her arm. She screamed as she saw images flash before her eyes; countless undead, a woman lying in a casket, a room covered in blood. She tried to recoil but couldn't. She screamed and felt whiplash as if she smacked a steel door. She opened her eyes to find herself in the depths of necrothreat with a mercenary gripping her wrist, just as the other Highmax did. She looked at her hands and saw blood coating her clothes. Morul dropped to the ground and began to fall into tears. Guilt flowed through her like needles.

Nav and Quill arrived before the mercenary could report it as a crime and laced his hand with coin. Nav looked at the frantically shaking Highmax on the ground before them. "I never thought I would have to be in the way of the onslaught of anyone, let alone a Highmax. I'm lucky she's untrained." Quill looked solemn. "You won't be so lucky next time. That carnage only got worse as she went on. She's young, but fighting is in her blood now. We can pin her crimes on one of the dead tantrum throwers." Nav knelt next to the young noblemite. "You caused a lot of trouble, but not as much as you think you did." Morul looked up at the grizzled forumite with tears rolling down her face. Nav continued after she looked blankly at him. "You wounded a few animals and tried to start a fight but you snapped back before it got out of hand. You didn't hurt any forumites, so-"

Morul began to weep uncontrollably; her youth still apparent on her. "Apiks' hand will kill me. Just like I had Apiks order him to kill all those infected..." Nav recoiled at this. "You... You ordered them dead?" Morul sniffled but shook even more now. "I... I want to see Necrothreat restored... I want to see us return to glory... But I won't live to see it... I never even got to see much outside of the land of Necrothreat and now I'm going to die..." Nav, stunned by this realization, could only watch her cry. He didn't know to feel anger or sympathy for the ambitious woman. He spoke in a low voice after a few moments "Quill told me we can pin the crimes on the dead tantrum throwers. With the chaos, you're lucky. The people won't like it, but its all we can do for now. Enough people are dying as is; we don't need another soul lost..." Morul buried her face in her hands, with the sick feeling that she only proved the wicked Highmax in her right

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: October 17, 2018, 04:41:16 am »

Poor thing :(

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: October 18, 2018, 07:55:48 am »

This will end well for no-one.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: October 18, 2018, 09:54:58 am »

I didn't know Arya Stark was in this!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: October 18, 2018, 09:57:00 am »

I'm waiting for the soldiers to come back before I upload the save. I've had DF running because I heard a rumour in earlier versions there a bug if you save that you won't get anyone back and I dunno if it got patched or if Necrothreat is modded to hell enough to cause that, cause I already know Necrothreat is bugging out since ages are all over the place now and half the Fort is now over 130 years old

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: October 18, 2018, 12:53:09 pm »

I... Have kept away from this thread for the most part, since a lot has happened, and I lost track of it a long time ago. I’m going to re-read every single Necrothreat thread, and come back once I’ve gotten everything under my belt again. I’ll try to get involved, then.
See you in... Six years should do it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: October 19, 2018, 08:50:31 am »

I... Have kept away from this thread for the most part, since a lot has happened, and I lost track of it a long time ago. I’m going to re-read every single Necrothreat thread, and come back once I’ve gotten everything under my belt again. I’ll try to get involved, then.
See you in... Six years should do it.
The PDFs Apiks made to at least help you "cut out the fat" so to speak

Working on the update right now

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: October 19, 2018, 10:01:08 am »

I totally forgot about the PDF for Necrothreat III, actually. I think it's half done or something?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: October 20, 2018, 10:42:03 pm »

Morul sat her desk, hands shaking uncontrollably. She reached for her inkpen that she normally used for her records; today she would use it for what she believed to be the last written record of Necrothreat.

Spring

My name is Morul Ropejumps. I am the last daughter of a long dead family, the adopted, last heir of Highmax, and among the last of the Nobility of Necrothreat. His Royal Majesty, Apiks the Old, the Lord of Bones, King of Necrothreat, left with the captain of the guard, and the last of our army left for a revenge campaign against the politicians. In the span they left, the situation that plagued Necrothreat grew worse, despite my King's thoughts that our exploits would bring joy to our people.

He was wrong. By the gods he was so wrong...

In a month, the people turned rampant. Tantrums became as common as the maddened wandered the place thinking they were anywhere but here. Any work has been halted to a complete standstill.

I write this knowing what will happen to me. They failed to defeat the Politicians; the sheer numbers were too great for a single assault. Upon returning defeated, Lord Apiks found out how much vandalism and assaults have happened from the tantrumers. I don't know how many there were at first, but it went from Rogue and his partner executing criminals to a full scale revolt. It started off with Rogue executing an engraver, then Quill tried to stop him. I hate Quill for giving me the curse of Highmax, but he never deserved what he had happen to him. I remember the look on Rogue's face as he seemed to enjoy killing the inventor. That's when the riots started...

I don't know who started it, but it grew out of hand very quickly. Rogue took up arms with the revolters and showed his true colors; being against His Majesty and seeing that Necrothreat either lives free of his reign or see Necrothreat crumble around them. He acted in the name of justice as he slew the nobility handpicked by Apiks. The manager was killed first, then the admin. The army did nothing to stop this, either showing how much they wanted this to happen, or proof of how quickly the insanity swallowed them.

I write this knowing the only ones of us nobility are left is His Royal Majesty Apiks the Old and myself. If I could pray to Omer, I would. But some fell magic has been at work, and Omer has returned to us... But not in the way we had hoped. Is this Lord Lemonpie's revenge from beyond the grave for my hand in his death? Is this proof that Necrothreat stands against the wishes of the gods, as they wish to see this world destroyed? Nothing could have prepared us for when one of the janitors desecrated his temple by destroying a statue. Omer himself appeared before all of Necrothreat, but he was not the benevolent god we had seen him as. When we saw it, we thought Lord Lemonpie had risen from the grave as a thread zombie, but we were wrong... Omer had taken the form of his High Priest and cursed the rioter. I watched in horror as it happened, but I wasn't prepared to see the emblem of Armok burned into his hands and forehead. He served our other foe now in a strange state of undeath.

I weep for the people of Necrothreat. I weep for our King who has gone missing since the riots started. He holds the very power to crush this revolt, but he doesn't. Perhaps he believes, as I do, that if he were to kill everyone involved, he would be a King of the mad, who would die out within a month. The only thing I be sure that our King survives is the fact I stole my birthright; the cursed blade that Monom had. The fact it is leaning on the table next to me as I write this shakes me to my core. The symbol of Armok stares down at me. I am no warrior, and I don't intend to use the blade, but it would mean that this cursed sword bearing an evil spirit would trouble my King no longer.

I'm going to repent for all the things I did these past few months. I ordered the deaths of six innocent people because of the misfortune they had of being wounded by a lycanthrope and told everyone they were traitors. I personally had the priest of Omer freed and had his death staged, despite him begging to die by Atom Smasher. I lured my King to do my will by feeding him false promises, with only one being fulfilled. Yes, I killed Ur, but I didn't stop the Necrothreaders as I promised. Ur may be dead, but there will always be someone to take his place. There will always be an Ur, as I have learned there will always be a Highmax to slay him. The name of Highmax my foe may change, but the spirits of Highmax will continue to forsake the afterlife. Not because they want to, but because they have to. Highmax is a bloodline of warriors who gave up everything to protect Necrothreat. And I used the powers granted to me by those before me to slay a deity, only to realize after that I didn't send anyone there to the afterlife... And I won't have one.

For my atonement, I am going to take this cursed blade and I am going to cast myself with it into the magma sea and pray that Masea forgives me for what my bloodline has done to her. I will return again someday, but my name will not be Morul Ropejump.

I will be Highmax, Guardian of Necrothreat, Master of Swords, The Blue Knight, Lord of Blades. My name will be different, but the name Highmax will live forevermore.

My only wish is that in my death, Armok holds no sway over my body anymore. I will not be like that Dwarfy One of old, who was a slave to Armok's will. My only regret is I couldn't die protecting my King from whatever horrors he may be facing. He told me he misses his wife... Perhaps he hasn't crushed the revolt because he wants them to win; he too has had enough, and he wishes to see his family in the afterlife.

I am, and forever will be, Highmax. May the Gods have mercy on me...

((Will add images later and I'll post the save for those who want to watch a fort die at 4fps. I truly don't think we can salvage it at this point. Its an inglorious death of a fort, but it is still a death. I've tried everything. Locked up tantrumers, I locked people in food stockpiles, I stopped corpse hauling so they don't get bad thoughts, but it wasn't enough. Work isn't getting done and anyone who doesn't have a red arrow is oblivious. Forgive me))
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 11:08:10 am by highmax28 »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: October 21, 2018, 06:35:02 am »

Your turn was great highmax! Thanks for playing!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: October 21, 2018, 11:10:36 am »

Images added

Here's why I want to add Monom to the necrothreat hall of fame:

Save will be up after I get back from work

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: October 21, 2018, 11:15:11 am »

Even if it isn't glorious, it's still the natural ending I was hoping for.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: October 21, 2018, 12:50:54 pm »

Huh, first time I've seen a dwarf get cursed like that.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 202