Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 518122 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #330 on: January 24, 2017, 01:53:52 pm »

Aliens you say? I don't think we've dealt with aliens yet. Or an AI insurgency. Or, god forbid, climate change!

RUPERT, ADD IT TO THE LIST.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2017, 02:18:27 pm »

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you help diffuse tension after a major twist happens. :D

If we want an AI insurgency, that should be associated with the Forumechs in some way. There should be a way to ensure that a given Forumech doesn't rebel, though. Maybe there's a 1 in 30 chance that any given Forumech is permanently berserk, and passes some types of robot-syndrome that induces berserkness in other forumechs, while a different 1 in 30 is immune to the berserkness. ("disloyal" caste, "loyal" caste, and the normal caste, maybe?)

EDIT: See, I'm figuring out the terminology, right?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 02:22:00 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2017, 02:19:43 pm »

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you help diffuse tension after a major twist happens. :D

If we want an AI insurgency, that should be associated with the Forumechs in some way. There should be a way to ensure that a given Forumech doesn't rebel, though. Maybe there's a 1 in 30 chance that any given Forumech is permanently berserk, and passes some types of robot-syndrome that induces berserkness in other forumechs, while a different 1 in 30 is immune to the berserkness. ("disloyal" caste, "loyal" caste, and the normal caste, maybe?)
Yes.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2017, 02:53:58 pm »

Yes.

Can be done. Should be done. Should be deadly.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2017, 03:20:57 pm »

Loyal forumechs should be able to turn regular ones loyal again if they go berserk. That way if we get a loyal and a disloyal forumech at the same time, all our forumechs will murder each other and then we won't have any forumechs.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 24, 2017, 03:50:52 pm »

Loyal forumechs should be able to turn regular ones loyal again if they go berserk. That way if we get a loyal and a disloyal forumech at the same time, all our forumechs will murder each other and then we won't have any forumechs.

What about the forumites caught in the middle? It'd be a massacre.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 24, 2017, 03:54:40 pm »

I think loyalty would be overridden by the desire to kill each other after one lands a blow.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 24, 2017, 04:02:39 pm »

Journal 9

I started today bored, I am not any longer.

I was wandering alone, thinking on the issue of the letter it seems no one sent. Perhaps it was a message from lord Afer, until further evidence arrives, and I will be making sure to watch for it, that will be what I will assume.

I continued to watch for any presence of magic, carrying the dream catcher Erin gave me, when suddenly, I noticed a spot on the ground without any grass. As I was previously thinking of the letter, my mind linked this strange occurrence with it and I began to search for a connection, I did not find one, instead I found a stone.

At first, it appeared to be like any other, but two things caught my attention. First, when lined up properly, the rock fit the shape of the spot I had seen. Secondly, it had writing on it. The writing said as follows.

Apiks is dead. It's easier to say that than to try to think about what's happened to her. Apiks is dead, and a monster has taken her place. More than "Apiks is dead", the crown murdered her. Murdered her, and put an unholy being in her place.

I worry. Since her death, I've had a few strange dreams. Burning alive, my spear lodged in some godless abomination's limb. Even the clean lines of sparring are corrupted. Sometimes, I strike someone's leg and though I know I did not wound them, it feels for a moment as though I did but it closed instantly. What should be a clean, hamstringing strike does nothing. It seems strange to wish for madness, but that would I think be better than what I sometimes think I see.

People seem to talk to Quill about things like this, but I do not trust that forumite as far as I can throw him. He spent too much time with Apiks before she died. While I was trying to save her. I cannot bring myself to go to anyone in confidence, let alone him.

I set these words into the rock, so that perhaps a future scholar might piece together what happened here if we die (which I fear we surely must). The rock will not betray me.

Arx.

I memorized the writing and placed it back down. This Arx fellow was seeing things and refused to see Erin about it. At the same time, he was seemingly close to Apiks, the one who wore the crown of bones. It appears to be time to set up shop. Everyone around here seems to need their minds analysed anyway.

- Arc

I finish writing the entry on a sheet of paper and walk towards my mirror. I place the writing against the mirror and speak aloud "Journal 9" and the mirror gives off a silver glow. I remove the paper and the writing is gone. I place the paper inside my drawer and lock it. No longer bored indeed.

Yes, Robot Wars for the win! If forumechs can be implemented, then this would be very "fun" to have as a part of them.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 24, 2017, 04:12:12 pm »

Cue the locking up the 'undecided' Forumechs with the 'Loyal' Forumechs! Or if someone is in a nasty mood, the locking up the 'undecided' with the 'berserk'
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 24, 2017, 04:29:35 pm »

This is asking for trouble
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 24, 2017, 06:41:58 pm »

I feel like every time the Forumechs get mentioned, the thread instantly derails.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 24, 2017, 06:43:16 pm »

Three cheers for a possible loyalty cascade!
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 24, 2017, 09:23:07 pm »

You know, just thinking: couldn't other civs have their own types of forumechs? Say, the hippies could have livingwood golems, while the politicians could have cogs, and the gamers and haxxors and other computer-themed groups could have aimbots and stuff.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2017, 10:44:41 pm »

It's difficult to make specific pets for civs. It can be done, sort of, but it requires all the civs have their tags chosen to do it.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2017, 10:51:31 pm »

Okay. That's kinda why I prefaced it with "just thinking": it didn't sound very plausible, but it sounded like it might be possible. I have no issues with it not happening.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 202