Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 517221 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #570 on: February 05, 2017, 09:25:12 am »

Where is your respect for the common comma, my good Doctor?
I have a possible ally! ;D Would you, and Arc like to join the League of Proper Usage of Language? We have cookies!
Sorry, can not join the league of grammar Nazis. I refuse to help anyone who protects anything as stupid as the English language. Yr unig reswm nad wyf yn ysgrifennu popeth yn Gymraeg yw nad google cyfieithu yn gyd yn dda hynny. Throw that into google translate and it gives you an example of why I still use English.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 05, 2017, 09:37:25 am »

I have a possible ally! ;D Would you, and Arc like to join the League of Proper Usage of Language? We have cookies!
Sorry, can not join the league of grammar Nazis. I refuse to help anyone who protects anything as stupid as the English language. Yr unig reswm nad wyf yn ysgrifennu popeth yn Gymraeg yw nad google cyfieithu yn gyd yn dda hynny. Throw that into google translate and it gives you an example of why I still use English.
It came out to "The only reason that I do not write everything in Welsh is not at all good google translate those".
This is why google translate should only be used for the translation of individual words. It's far more useful that way.

That said, I'm afraid that I would not be a particularly good candidate for participation in the "League of Proper Usage of Language". I am already a member of the Peerage and the Hermetic Order of the 28 Spheres, and those primarily because they are able to assist me with funding. If I were to join this "League of Proper Usage of Language", it would only serve as a further obligation upon me, and I have not yet seen any evidence of any specific benefits that may be derived from membership.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 05, 2017, 09:42:52 am »

It came out to "The only reason that I do not write everything in Welsh is not at all good google translate those".
This is why google translate should only be used for the translation of individual words. It's far more useful that way.
Exactly, I use English because google translate sucks and i haven't learned any new languages fluently yet.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 05, 2017, 01:48:50 pm »

Exactly, I use English because google translate sucks and i haven't learned any new languages fluently yet.
I notice your flawed capitalization.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 05, 2017, 04:05:41 pm »

I'm going to say that was intentional.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 05, 2017, 04:16:24 pm »

Despite some insistence out of me for proper usage and formatting, I give up after a while.  If I haven't already had it drilled in, or google drive/microsoft word doesn't catch it, all good.  So long as it reads well.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 05, 2017, 07:16:37 pm »

Hey yall mind badgering my inbox with "write the damn log" to motivate me to type out my logs via cellphone

Oh god this is gana be annoyong
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:20:39 pm by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 05, 2017, 07:27:58 pm »

Hey yall mind badgering my inbox with "write the damn log" to motivate me to type out my logs via cellphone

Oh god this is gana be annoyong
I'll do what I can.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 05, 2017, 07:46:55 pm »

GOD SPEED

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 05, 2017, 09:05:57 pm »

Write the bloody log you A-grade psycho.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 05, 2017, 09:22:05 pm »

22nd Slate 552,
I have repurposed most of the new migrants to the palace project, construction continues and I have sent orders to Gwolfski for the production of furnishings.
No reported casulties other then a farmer whos arm was mangled in a freak accident. I have properly reset the bone and sutured the wounds and he might make a full recovery. Maybe. Hopefully. Im not really going to be paying attention anyway.

Still no progress on time manipulation, this body has also interfered with my medical practise, it feels clumsy and I find it hard to make proper insisions. the mussels feel as if they were made for hauling and mining stones, tho if I continue with my practise I should overcome these difficulties in no time.

11th Galena 552, I have instated a gaurd force to protect the palace and by extension Aipks. His life will be safe to insure Jenny's survival.

12th Galena 552,
The new gaurd captain in an effort to show her commitment to !!JUSTICE!! just grabed an administrator that was passing by and stabed her in the neck. Needless to say I have hired the perfict forumite for the job.

Patient, Age 63, Gender Female (Wait can doctors still make that assumption?)
Neck torn open
right knee broken
Sutures- Many

Patient condition- Stabalised

after the patients recovery I have assinged her as the new assistant to the gaurd captain. What better way to pay for her crime other then community service?

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 05, 2017, 09:31:39 pm »

9th of Limestone 552,
The Caravan has arrived hopefully they will have cloth for ah... things that I need... For medical things... Im not knitting...

Talking with the owner after a good trade I have placed an order for Gypsum Plaster and other assorted suplys for my clinic.

One of the forumites whos name currently escapes me had me place an order for some livestock and trap components for... whatever he does.

I have also filled the palace store rooms with food and booze so if the need arises we'll hold out for awhile.

19th of Sandstone 552,
Aipks' palace is fully built fully staffed and fully stocked for all possible needs, now if only she would stay IN IT!

It should be completely impenatrabl from the outside and given how small the population inside it (Being myself Aipks and Gwolfski as well as a handful of loyal gaurds) it should be self sustaining for years if the need arises.

20th of Sandstone 552,

FIRE

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 05, 2017, 10:06:38 pm »

I like the new captain of the guard. She gets right to the point.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 05, 2017, 11:08:01 pm »

Reminds me of the time when I appointed Big Sibrek as captain of the guard of Breadbowl. When she would hear of a tantrum, she would immediately punish the dwarf. They stopped tantruming after that. Corpses can't tantrum.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 05, 2017, 11:19:13 pm »

I don't recall in any of my fortresses having to deal with serious cases of tantrum spirals, much less executions of dwarves.  Helps that I somehow lucked out and never had a vampire.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 202