Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 517214 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #660 on: February 16, 2017, 12:04:45 pm »

Truly the system is corrupt if Th4DwArfY1 is getting locked up. I smell a plot...

Good of Ruhn to not like it, though.
The system was always corrupt, its just now someone you dont like is in charge.
Mwhahahahahaha
We're discussing Th4DwArfY1, when has he ever liked it when he wasn't in charge?  Remember all the body swapping weirdness when he danced with Armok himself?  Yeah, he likes to be independent.  Sanity doesn't factor in.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #661 on: February 16, 2017, 12:45:59 pm »

Were is the save file?

Which were does one use?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 16, 2017, 01:26:22 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12708

FINALLY WORKED
Rules:
1. Each player takes 1 ingame year as a turn and then after his turn is over, he saves, zips his savefile and gives it to the next person in line.
2. If the fortress perishes, it shall either be reverted back to the latest save and then it shall be decided onto whom the savefile goes onto, reclaimed or the end of the fort.
3. You are not allowed to destroy the fortress on purpose so that it is considered griefing or in anyway trying to ruin the succession game.
4. You must play with Dwarf Fortress Version 43.05 and with Teh LOLmod (Should be in the savefile).
5. If any Gamebreaking bug is discovered because of the mod, it is to be stated so that it can be fixed.
6. You must forumite (dorf) yourelf after or during your turn as any forumite you desire. Forumite any other person that has expressed such a desire if possible.
7. Report deaths of any forumites that are in the Necrothreat Hall of Fame and add new if you desire and are worthy enough.
9. You have exactly 1 week worth of time to finish your turn. If you have not finished by that time, you are required to hand over the savegame to the next player if you've made any progress. Three days grace period between two players ending and starting is given.
10. Make narration and updates until you turn runs out. Try to keep it to the story. Every medium (three paragraphs) to large (above three paragraphs) update will net you an extra day to finish your turn. Story topic: Necrothreat has been lost to the times and is up to you to search for what happened.
11. Big holidays with a short period (like Christmas, New Year's or your birthday) are exempted from the turn period and will give the current player extra days equal to those of the holiday. This number cannot be more than 4 days.

Note: Everything can be changed depending on how things progress.[/spoiler]
Sounds like you're starting with no idea of what is going on, Gwolfski?

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 16, 2017, 08:33:51 pm »

FINALLY WORKED
Rules:
1. Each player takes 1 ingame year as a turn and then after his turn is over, he saves, zips his savefile and gives it to the next person in line.
2. If the fortress perishes, it shall either be reverted back to the latest save and then it shall be decided onto whom the savefile goes onto, reclaimed or the end of the fort.
3. You are not allowed to destroy the fortress on purpose so that it is considered griefing or in anyway trying to ruin the succession game.
4. You must play with Dwarf Fortress Version 43.05 and with Teh LOLmod (Should be in the savefile).
5. If any Gamebreaking bug is discovered because of the mod, it is to be stated so that it can be fixed.
6. You must forumite (dorf) yourelf after or during your turn as any forumite you desire. Forumite any other person that has expressed such a desire if possible.
7. Report deaths of any forumites that are in the Necrothreat Hall of Fame and add new if you desire and are worthy enough.
9. You have exactly 1 week worth of time to finish your turn. If you have not finished by that time, you are required to hand over the savegame to the next player if you've made any progress. Three days grace period between two players ending and starting is given.
10. Make narration and updates until you turn runs out. Try to keep it to the story. Every medium (three paragraphs) to large (above three paragraphs) update will net you an extra day to finish your turn. Story topic: Necrothreat has been lost to the times and is up to you to search for what happened.
11. Big holidays with a short period (like Christmas, New Year's or your birthday) are exempted from the turn period and will give the current player extra days equal to those of the holiday. This number cannot be more than 4 days.

Obviously why he was hand picked to be the next overseer!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #664 on: February 17, 2017, 02:03:18 am »

FINALLY WORKED
Rules:

I has no internet for a few days, so yes, I'm a bit clueless. Gonna have fun!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 17, 2017, 08:43:18 am »

FINALLY WORKED
Rules:

I has no internet for a few days, so yes, I'm a bit clueless. Gonna have fun!

Ah, yes. Fun.
The time machine is in my workshop if you need it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 17, 2017, 02:47:02 pm »

Regardless, I do hope you'll start soon as your turn is currently going on. Sprin's situation was unavoidable since he had already finished his turn and we needed his savegame. Technical difficulties impeded that. If you find yourself unable to do your turn in the allotted time then it would be possible to put your turn one or two turns ahead when you think you'll be able to do it.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 17, 2017, 04:43:08 pm »

Also, is anything happening with the RTD side-game idea, or is that just not going to happen?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 17, 2017, 05:10:06 pm »

Also, is anything happening with the RTD side-game idea, or is that just not going to happen?

Likely not. I myself cannot do it due to things stopping me from on my end. On the other hand if somebody else wants to do it, they're free to do so, however it would be best if it's a person that is aware of at least two Necrothreats, and I don't see anybody like that taking up the job.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 17, 2017, 08:17:11 pm »

With the amount of free time I have, I could manage daily updates for the Necrothreat RTD
Plus I've read em all heh
So, what should it be like/what should the goal be? I'm thinking "uncover and stop a politician conspiracy" because that kind of fits the whole internet theme (plus the "fight armok/ur" goal/plot is a lil overdone), dontcha think?
I imagine it'd be in an alternate universe, right?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 17, 2017, 08:26:33 pm »

I'd actually love if it was on the other side of the war. Armok and Ur are always shown as the evil guys, but what about people in their armies? Are all necrothreaders pure evil? Does Armok's influence absolutely corrupt or do misunderstandings happen when given power?

Something to make the war a bit more morally gray. At least that's my take on it. You fellas are free to choose on what aspect of Necrothreat it'll be based. It can be in the canon world (as long as it keeps continuity and doesn't contradict things) or, as you said, in an alternate timeline.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 17, 2017, 10:44:21 pm »

Jack Frost, the Arctic necrothreadamancer!
In other words, he does cryokinesis rather than pyrokinesis. He mostly just wants to steal people's treasure, rather than kill things.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #672 on: February 18, 2017, 04:24:33 am »

I'm playing. Wtf is this place

okay why is there a floating god

also I have negative fps

there is a child playing on a troll corpse

there is no drink

welp erin's dead. Sorry. You died a noble death, stabbed by a troll with a forum post.Ouch

Imic too. Vampire trolls.

thank gods he fell in the ditch

why is evryone important in the army? Ruhm's dead

serves ya rite kids, font play wit' trollses

everyone is depressed. Why is everybody always depressed in every game i play?

total military left: 2 1

baby born on mound of corpses.

Deaths/ week: 2

drown, you troll Bastard
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:29:05 am by Gwolfski »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 18, 2017, 06:45:37 am »

What.

Why was Erin in the military???

What did you guys think you were doing?!?!?!?

"Floating god"?

Negative FPS?

They are depressed because EVERYBODY'S DEAD.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2017, 07:37:05 am »

Either Sprin missed quite the big details or Gwolfski brought the doom I spoke of.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 202