Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505701 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #735 on: February 22, 2017, 05:50:35 am »

Floating god must be the necrothreaders since I think they can fly.

Also, my prediction was true. A necrothreader invasion to ruin us during Gwolfski's turn.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #736 on: February 22, 2017, 06:31:14 am »

There's only 50 dead...

Some guy became the king. Fuck him.

I err.... left the gtame unpasued for 2 minutes while not looking. WERE FUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I locked the fort. I'm safe. Everything is fine. Only thing is i'm stuck with Apix. At least the king will die. No pesky demands. Excuse me, I've got to see the orchestra.

Thank god, it's gone! Party Time!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:42:00 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 22, 2017, 06:50:06 am »

Necrothreader Sieges, self-imposed kings, death, zombies and Apiks survives all of this? Ha!

They tried to steal my crown, oh noes they did. King they called themselves. But no, the crown is mine! MINE!

IMPRISON THE INTRUDER, LOYAL GWOLFSKI! (Just rename him as puppet king or something)
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #738 on: February 22, 2017, 07:23:36 am »

I will (actually its a queen, though)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 22, 2017, 09:04:13 am »

A queen dares steal my title? A coup d'etat? The bone crown shall feast in blood!
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 22, 2017, 10:38:51 am »

emmmm... The world is slightly on fire.
you misspelled 'extremely' , and '!!FIRE!!'.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 22, 2017, 12:01:24 pm »

Also, "emmmm" is meant to be "holyhellandarmokwhatishappeningamIhallucinatingIonlyhadsomemushroomsfordinnertheyshouldn'tbehallucinogenicshouldthey?"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 22, 2017, 12:19:28 pm »

Gwolfski, at least leave part of the fortress intact.  I'm not an expert at retaking forts, nor can I particularly get an adventurer there in a decent amount of time.  Or alive and in one piece. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 22, 2017, 12:53:46 pm »

I died again. Okay.
I'm thinking that it may be prudent to declare the Orchestra as my character, and just let it control various forumites while accruing various minds to integrate and crowdsource ideas from. Mental entity prime: Erin Quill. Mental entity beta: whoever comes next.
Give me the next tinkerer-like guy you get.

Entry 001 - Day 0

Huh. Dieing was... Not what I expected it to be.
For one, I don't really feel very dead. But then again, I very distinctly recall dying. Twice, in fact, but I'm trying to ignore the first time.

I'm currently standing in my workshop, trying to figure out what happened.
When I died, I remember regaining consciousness on the Orchestra's control pedestal, where the conductor stands. Well, it felt like regaining consciousness. I got to my workshop as quickly as possible after that, though. Once I think it's safe outside, I'll try to find my body. Maybe there was something special about the ley lines there; an influx of purple magic, maybe? I'll have to check.

One thing I noticed is that I don't need my goggles to see the ley lines any more. Something new to know about ghosts: they seem to be in the same... "plane", I guess would be the best term, as the ley lines are. Good to know. If I am, actually, a ghost, that is. Who knows? Magic does weird shit sometimes.

I'll try to figure out a way to contact any survivors once I'm out of here. Maybe that'll help.

Whelp, not much more to do now. Ummm...
Erin Quill signing off, I guess. Hopefully, someone will get to see this eventually.

I hope Arc is still alive. Although, I can't really recall if he ever got here in the first place.
...I've got a headache.

-End Log-
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:20:17 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 22, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »

Journal 29

Well, Erin died. Good news is, with someone as connected to the laylines as him, there is bound to be some, residual energy. Fortunately, I know just what to look for, and I even have some goggles that see both purple and yellow. I hope to Afer that I can get them working, seeing only one type would probably look weird.

Arc placed his hand on the sheet of paper and pushed it into the face of the mirror. "Journal 29" he said, and the mirror glowed silver. The light disappeared, along with the words on the paper. He put the paper away and went back to the mirror. "Artifact X-39 Looking Glass" he stated. The silver light reappeared and floating before him was a glass pane, about the size of his face, with a golden rim encrusted with 7 jewels of 8 different colors. Purple, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and one that looked either black or white, depending on how you looked at it. Arc grabbed the pane and smiled. Tapping two of the gems. "This should be fun."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:38:59 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 22, 2017, 11:25:45 pm »

@Gwolfski Is my character alive? 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #746 on: February 23, 2017, 05:14:50 am »

Think so, Don't recall him dying.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 23, 2017, 07:10:09 am »

Think so, Don't recall him dying.

You did make him a character, right? Would make sense that he didn't die... if he wasn't even there.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 23, 2017, 07:50:44 am »

Hey, let's list everyone who still needs a character.
I do, other people respond that you need one.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 23, 2017, 08:14:20 am »

I need a new character, although I can keep on RPing without one (Ghosts are useful for that kind of stuff).

Entry 002 - Day 1

Just thinking: magic can do a lot of stuff. It should be able to help me out here.
Um. Okay, what kind of magic should I use...
Writing everything down should probably help.

Okay... So, Red is enchantment magic, adding new properties to pre-existing object; say, causing a sword to be on fire, or a pickaxe to never break. Necromancy is also considered a Red magic, as you're "enchanting" a corpse with movement, although it also involves Purple for giving the undead "AI" of a sort.

Purple is mental magic: memory spells, mind control, telepathy, and most illusions fall under Purple magic. It's also necessary for any variety of life-making: golems and zombies both require purple magic to do anything more than stand around, and Forumechs should be able to work with good Purple magic.
I know that all of the theory for the 'mechs is correct, but reality clearly needs to catch up with it, first.

Speaking of the Forumechs, they're... well, they should be largely dependent on Yellow magic, my personal specialty. Yellow magic is essentially combining magic and physical objects to make something that is greater than the sum of its parts. While typically associated with magitech, Yellow is really anything where you can make an object do magic. One good way to differentiate it from Red magic is this: Red makes a flaming sword, Yellow makes a sword that shoots fireballs. Of course, due to this distinction, Yellow magic requires any practitioners to also have some knowledge of other magics, or else have somebody else to provide the magic (a reason that most Yellow mages are best known for the construction of channeling devices like wands and staves).

Blue - Arc's main magic - is "metamagic": magic that affects other magic. It allows you to do such things as redirect other people's magic or improve pre-existing magic. In addition, anyone who can use Silver magic needs at least glimmering of Gold Blue magic.

Er... Somebody might one day read this. I should probably explain what Gold and Silver mean. Just as magic is categorized on effect, it is also categorized on source. Gold is magic that is inborn into a person. Silver is magic from the environment, and is typically associated with ley lines; it got called Silver because it was discovered that silver - the metal - is the most useful for conducting magic. Bronze is magic that has been "gifted" to somebody, usually by a deity of some variety, although sometimes by a very powerful mage that specializes in Blue.

Most practitioners of Blue are scholars of magic, although some, like Arc, can use it to great potential in more practical circumstances.

Yellow is typically seen as a complimentary magic to both Blue and Red: Yellow and Blue are both the manipulation of magic through different methods, while Yellow and Red both imbue objects with magiphysical properties.

Green magic - Purple's compliment - is any direct magical manipulation of the physical world. Transformation, teleportation, and telekinesis all fall under its purview.

Orange magic is Blue's official counterpart; it is any type of disruptive, or "anti", magic. Despite the negative connotations, it is most commonly used in magics that protect, as it is most effective in shielding against magical interference. Magical wards are almost universally Orange.

Grey magic - typically divided into Black or White magic - is anything regarding creation. White magic is used to refer to healing done with this magic, while Black refers to combat magics - the creation of fireballs, lightning strikes, ice storms, and so on. However, Grey magic is also used in the creation of portals and pocket dimensions (such as my workshop) as well the fabrication of resources.

Alright. How can this help me?

Well, the pocket dimension that I put the workshop in was a solid one that had a perfect grid of ley lines.  The workshop itself was designed with silver inlays to channel those into a fixture on the ceiling; that's what I use to power most of my things. I don't think that I'll have any issues with not having enough raw magical energy, though I'll have to make sure that whatever I use can channel the amount of energy I put through it.

Now, I know that at least some magic items can be used by ghosts - otherwise, I wouldn't be able to write these entries. So far, the only thing that I haven't been able to interact with were the items I shielded with Orange; those hurt to touch, so I'll want to avoid them. At least I was able to confirm that Aciero's shields were working; no 'mech possession for me. *sigh*

I do, however, have access to the devices I used to generate this dimension and the portal I use to get here, as well as the comm link I have set up to the Orchestra - how I'm recording all this. I've also got the Ironwood trees - apparently, they all have a residual "spirit" of actual trees, so I have spectral wood to work with for anything that I need to make.

I'm thinking that I'll need to make use of some Purple magic in order to resume communications with any survivors. After that, I'm thinking that I'll either need to make a body with Grey magic - which will require some work, as I neither have natural Grey magic nor a machine yet capable of using it for that purpose - or else find a willing host that I can possess. Thankfully, captured ley lines are relatively easily converted into whichever Color magic you need, although I'm still not entirely clear if making an entire organic body from scratch will work very well.

Contacting Arc, while not essential, would certainly be useful; his skills as a medium would be allow me to bypass the Purple magic part.

I'll try to see if I can locate Imic. He's probably still out there, drifting around, trying to figure out what happened.

-End Log-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:08:38 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 202