Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505622 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #750 on: February 23, 2017, 01:30:23 pm »

@Gwolfski Is my character alive?
    Think so, Don't recall him dying.

You did make him a character, right? Would make sense that he didn't die... if he wasn't even there.
    Sprin gave me one... I'm now wondering if he killed him and forgot 'cause his pc imploded...
    I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
    No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
    "Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
    • Do I exist yet?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #751 on: February 23, 2017, 03:49:33 pm »

Well, there is your crash course on The Magics

Hope your ready for a more indef lesson, Arc doesn't pull any punches.

(I'm referring to Glass's post)
    Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • Grandfather of Necrothreat
      • View Profile
    « Reply #752 on: February 24, 2017, 12:06:50 pm »

Time has passed and it is nearly time for your turn to be up, Gwolfski. I recommend either finishing your turn quicker or writing a hellova lot more.
    Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
    Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • Also known as the Chroniqler
      • View Profile
    Re: Fortress for Litast, God of Valor
    « Reply #753 on: February 24, 2017, 02:30:17 pm »

Quote from: Rules
    9. You have exactly 1 week worth of time to finish your turn. If you have not finished by that time, you are required to hand over the savegame to the next player if you've made any progress. Three days grace period between two players ending and starting is given.
    10. Make narration and updates until you turn runs out. Try to keep it to the story. Every medium (three paragraphs) to large (above three paragraphs) update will net you an extra day to finish your turn. Story topic: Necrothreat has been lost to the times and is up to you to search for what happened.
    Narratives are always appreciated. Even if it's only tangentially related to the fort itself, even if the only relation is that it occurs within the same universe, it is still preferred to nothingness.

Gwolfski.
    The people demand stories.

Tales for the Tale Gods, Books for the Book Throne.

EDIT: While I was getting that quote from the first page, I took a look at the last part of the End of Necrothreat III, noticed Apiks doing magic, and just wondered: do Erin and Arc have any parallels with characters from the previous forts? If they do, please share them.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:41:52 pm by Glass »
    Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
    Glass is, as usual, correct.
    Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
    I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
    • Strawberries!
      • View Profile
      • ignore pls!
    « Reply #754 on: February 24, 2017, 02:45:56 pm »

Ok. tomorrow, bit too late today.
    Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

apiks

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: Fortress for Litast, God of Valor
    « Reply #755 on: February 24, 2017, 03:09:38 pm »

EDIT: While I was getting that quote from the first page, I took a look at the last part of the End of Necrothreat III, noticed Apiks doing magic, and just wondered: do Erin and Arc have any parallels with characters from the previous forts? If they do, please share them.

In the ending of Necrothreat III Sprin and Apiks were given colors to their respective magic. I also incorporated those colors into the visions Apiks got during her turn.

Th4DwArfY1 also did magic, but I can't recall if he was given a color (would probably be red or black or whatever Armok is). Highmax did too, albeit a slightly different one (I just imagine him as blue)
    Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
    Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
    • Do I exist yet?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #756 on: February 24, 2017, 03:10:03 pm »

We have a machine that turns stories into purple magic and we need it so Erin can communicate with other people.

EDIT: Who has yellow and can someone tell me a bit about Highmax?
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:15:09 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
    Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • Also known as the Chroniqler
      • View Profile
    « Reply #757 on: February 24, 2017, 03:22:44 pm »

We have a machine that turns stories into purple magic and we need it so Erin can communicate with other people.
    ...no, that's...just, no, and besides, even if the conversion rate from raw ley line magic to useable purple magic is, say, a million magic units to one purple magic unit, there's still more than enough energy stored in the workshop for Erin to have no issues with getting the magic needed. The issue is using it correctly.

I outright said this in Entry 002.

Well, the pocket dimension that I put the workshop in was a solid one that had a perfect grid of ley lines.  The workshop itself was designed with silver inlays to channel those into a fixture on the ceiling; that's what I use to power most of my things. I don't think that I'll have any issues with not having enough raw magical energy, though I'll have to make sure that whatever I use can channel the amount of energy I put through it.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:26:22 pm by Glass »
    Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
    Glass is, as usual, correct.
    Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
    I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
    • Do I exist yet?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #758 on: February 24, 2017, 03:32:07 pm »

Fine, I just like stories, Words are the root of concentrated magic after all.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #759 on: February 24, 2017, 04:02:14 pm »

EDIT: Who has yellow and can someone tell me a bit about Highmax?

Necrothreat I, II and III have a lot about Highmax. I recommend reading the PDFs. They even got pictures.
    Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
    • Do I exist yet?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #760 on: February 24, 2017, 06:37:15 pm »

Ok, so I really don't have the time to read all of the other three Necrothreats, so can someone give me a rundown of Highmax's character. All I could tell so far is that he was a fierce and powerful warrior, quite different from Arc.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
    • Strawberries!
      • View Profile
      • ignore pls!
    « Reply #761 on: February 25, 2017, 10:00:01 am »

Journal of Gwolfski

Everyone is dying... Everyone is insane. Help me!

We are dead here....

Sprin has been missing for a week. I fear the worst!

It all started when the queen came. She's gonna kill us all!

The necrothreadromancer. He IT came within a day of her proclaiming herself queen!

We found Sprin's charred skeleton. We are doomed. He shall be remembered.

Apix has gone mad today! Yaaay!!! He sits in the tunnels, babbling. He won't move, won't eat, won't drink. I'll arrange his tomb. necromancer, come unto us!

I must hide. There is no point. I must not give up! Give up to the sweet darkness... It tempts me! No!

Oh a baron consort. Kill! Happy faces, everyone! Today we die celebrate! Ha ha ha   .....   ha?

The miners have been struck by some unknown weakness. They do not dig in the soil. They speak of a great solution evil called "Aquif'r"

Still they do not dig. Do I have to hoist a pick with my own hands? Must I strike myself the rock?

People are dying. I care not. If they can't help themselves, they shall perish. Good for them

I must hide. They shall come nevertheless!

I study the tomes of knowledge in the library. One caught my eye. It is the study of Nothingness. Dive into the sweet darkness.

((note: each line is a new entry))

edit:continued

Apiks is dead. Wonderfull. I have been elected the new admin. BOW BEFORE ME!

The room is coming along fine. It shall have the best decoration. Hail Sprin

Some guy went mad. He gathered logs, rocks and leather. I care not. Kill
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 01:07:00 pm by Gwolfski »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
    • Modder/GM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #762 on: February 25, 2017, 12:29:43 pm »

...Anyone opposed to having that crown destroyed immediately?
    My mods and forum games.
    Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #763 on: February 25, 2017, 01:13:31 pm »

Mine. MINE!!!
    Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
    • Strawberries!
      • View Profile
      • ignore pls!
    « Reply #764 on: February 25, 2017, 01:34:06 pm »

Wait.. How did you guys know he made a crown?
    Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 202