Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505568 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #900 on: March 05, 2017, 02:02:54 am »

I occupy a 2x3 office and that's it. Don't mind the stairs under my desk
Great, more stuff to find, and then somehow implement into the story.  I'm really lost in the fortress, it's so damn confusing.  Where is the damn dining hall?!  Did none of the previous leaders think to bind the F1-12 keys?

Use notes and bind keys? What is this dark magic you speak of???
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 05, 2017, 03:21:05 am »

Great, more stuff to find, and then somehow implement into the story.  I'm really lost in the fortress, it's so damn confusing.  Where is the damn dining hall?!  Did none of the previous leaders think to bind the F1-12 keys?

... right, I'll get on the new set of levers ASAP. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #902 on: March 05, 2017, 07:24:18 am »

... right, I'll get on the new set of levers ASAP.
Halfway down the stairwell is a lever room . It is even labeled! I use engravings beside levers tho.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 05, 2017, 09:37:00 am »

The previous leaders were Sprin, Gwolfski, Apiks with a crown, and Th4DwArfY1, Only Th4DwArfY1 was sane, We are lucky the place is still intact.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #904 on: March 05, 2017, 09:38:16 am »

The previous leaders were Sprin, Gwolfski, Apiks with a crown, and Th4DwArfY1, Only Th4DwArfY1 was sane, We are lucky the place is still intact.
I like how you define 'intact' as burned, flooded and covered with blood and corpses and no military.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 05, 2017, 09:40:48 am »

I like how you define 'intact' as burned, flooded and covered with blood and corpses and no military.
I'm an optimist
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 05, 2017, 09:46:14 am »

I'm an optimist
I mean, not all the forumites are dead.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 05, 2017, 09:49:17 am »

I'm an optimist
And we finally have a sane person back in chage

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 05, 2017, 01:49:03 pm »

I'm an optimist
And we finally have a sane person back in charge
I really wouldn't be too confident about that.  Might as well give you guys something to work with though.

Journals of Carefulrogue II, overseer of Necrothreat, reining from 21st Felsite, 553, to 21st Felsite, 554

Date: unknown.  Timescale: unknown
Darkness.  That’s all I remembered after some mind numbing pain.  Fire, injury, darkness.  Funny, it seems to play a repeating pattern in my head.  As if I’ve experienced this before. 

I’m probably dead.  No way I survived… what was I facing before?  I don’t remember.  So tired, so exhausted. 

Where does my soul go now?  I don’t think I’m in Ur’s grasp, at least not yet.  This place does not seem to be a prison.  Neither do I think I’m in the torturous grasp of Armok’s.  Where am I?

Did I just hear something?  I swear, I heard something!  Maybe I’m not dead.  Hell, the doubt is probably evidence of that as it is.  Will it return, will it come back?

Get up Vabok, there’s work to do…”  Yes, but where do I need to go?

Northwinds, I got a report for you...” Huh?  What-

Carefulrogue’s eyes shot open, his eyes stared up at the ceiling of a small room.  With a groan, he reached up and massaged his eyes.  He recalled in scattering details the state of the fortress, and raised himself to a sitting position.  He vaguely was aware his dimensions were not the same as he remembered, but then he remembered being a prow weapons master of bow and spear, despite knowing he couldn’t wield either with efficiency. 

He mulled everything over in a matter of minutes, and came to a decision.  He didn’t have time--at least not today--to worry about such trivial and confusing things.  He had to go out, and remove Gwolfski, from power.  Madness will not be tolerated in positions of leadership. 

I made haste to where I now knew where Gwolfski stayed, asking a few questions when I couldn’t find him immediately.  Eventually, I was directed to a room with two fools, one of them his target. 

“Gwolfski!” I yelled.  “You’re out!  You’ve screwed us, and your leadership is lackluster.  I’m taking control.”

Gwolfski gave him a quizzical look.  “And who are you?”

“Care-” A splitting headache struck me mid-sentence.  A metallic taste filled my mouth, and I swallowed, feeling the taste diminish, but not go away.  My tongue flared in pain.  Fighting through it, I said again, “Carefulrogue.”  The second spike of pain was just as bad as the first, but I fought through the veils of red. 

Gwolfski looked around, and then at me.  He seemed to have something to say, before biting it back.  He nods, roughly, muttering, “alright, if you want the responsibility.”

I turn away, off to find the manager, if he’s still alive, and the bookkeeper, if he still has a book to use.  Time to get some actual work done.

The next few updates will probably administrative style reports, so I'll maybe see if I can get something interesting to happen, and resolve events from there. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 05, 2017, 02:27:40 pm »

Erin awoke to the sound of shifting water. Regaining awareness, he sees that the level of the water at the entrance to the Orchestra’s chambers has begun to recede.

He makes a small smile as the Orchestra starts to play.

Even though we know, yeah we know
Our time has almost come, we're all overdue
Can there be a place to call our own?
Can there be a road that takes us home?

Erin begins to sing softly.
It was all reduced to rubble, and then again to ash...

We toe the line
We go along
We don't belong
To you now

When it rains it pours
Like summer storms
The skies as gray as leaves
The rivers flood the banks
And spill into the streets

But the people laughed
And swore that they'd restore
The city piece by piece
And then the clouds gave
Way as if to agree
When it rains it pours

Coming in louder than words…

The mystery unknown
Now unfolds
The life that we once owned
First bought, then sold

But I'll never give in to your torturous ways…

Like messengers of war
We've no control
To oceans unexplored
This ship sails through

You know there's something coming down from the sky above…

We toe the line
We go along
We don't belong
To you now

When it rains it pours
Like summer storms
The skies as gray as leafs

But the people laughed
The city piece by piece
And then the clouds gave
Way as if to agree
When it rains it pours, it pours, it pours

We walk beneath the sun, we lie beneath the stars…

When it rains it pours
When they die, we mourn
When it hit, we swore
Now we want not more

Like a saint reborn
Like a rose in a storm
Like a child unborn
A child unborn

You don't believe that anything is well beyond your might…

It's the coin
We're tossing into the well
It's misfortune that
We could not foretell
It's the dry spell

World on fire with a smoking sun stops everything and everyone…

When it rains it pours
Like summer storms
The skies as gray as leafs

But the people laughed
The city piece by piece
And then the clouds gave
Way as if to agree
When it rains it pours, it pours
When it rains it pours

Alone with this vision, alone and blind; go tell the world…
That I'm… still… alive…

Main song here. Everything else, you should be able to find by looking up Les Friction; their list of songs is quite small, so it won't take you long.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:30:02 pm by Glass »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #910 on: March 05, 2017, 02:48:22 pm »

I am the manager and bookkeeper.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 05, 2017, 02:57:43 pm »

You have angered Lord Afer, there, Carefulrogue, write that in for Gwolfski's execution. I'm pretty sure he is the last internal threat left, with his death we can focus on external stuff, like Armok and Ur.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #912 on: March 05, 2017, 04:00:49 pm »

You have angered Lord Afer, there, Carefulrogue, write that in for Gwolfski's execution. I'm pretty sure he is the last internal threat left, with his death we can focus on external stuff, like Armok and Ur.
No! I'll be good! I promise! Please! I'll- I'll just stay in my basement! Please!

I have highest manager and bookkeeping skills too!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 05, 2017, 04:18:38 pm »

Well, I'm not overseer, but my thought is, give the crown to me for further !!Research!! and stay in your basement, but lets see what Carefulrogue says.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 05, 2017, 04:55:03 pm »

Well, I'm not overseer, but my thought is, give the crown to me for further !!Research!! and stay in your basement, but lets see what Carefulrogue says.
No, we get rid of any of those gods-forsaken crowns.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 202