Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505623 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1005 on: March 10, 2017, 08:29:34 am »

At this point can we just agree we are screwed and that it is the fault of who ever let Sprin and Gwolfski go back to back.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1006 on: March 10, 2017, 08:34:57 am »

Nah, we're not actually screwed. We've got something like 34 mites alive and I think at least 10 of them are adult and in the bunker. As long as someone has the gumption to dig the damn tunnel we should be alright, because then I can make a quick dip for plump helmets.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 10, 2017, 10:29:39 am »

You know what, give me a turn. The fort will probably fall before it gets to me but I'm feeling optimistic. I have a good character idea.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 10, 2017, 10:44:37 am »

Nah, we're not actually screwed. We've got something like 34 mites alive and I think at least 10 of them are adult and in the bunker. As long as someone has the gumption to dig the damn tunnel we should be alright, because then I can make a quick dip for plump helmets.
I tried that, and then found a cave dragon outside the door.  I'd suggest reaching for cavern three, if you think you can make it.  I don't think there is anything edible in cavern 1. Could be wrong though.  I spent my entire time worrying about issues on the surface, only to find I'd need to spend the last couple of months in a hole, with no food, excess water, and more children than we can possibly feed.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 10, 2017, 11:12:13 am »

Am I alive?
I am mostly sure I am not.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1010 on: March 10, 2017, 11:25:01 am »

Uh, you're not alive, but you're not dead per se. I'm carving a slab for you to fix that. >_>

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1011 on: March 10, 2017, 11:58:34 am »

Can I be left as a ghost please?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1012 on: March 10, 2017, 12:13:42 pm »

Can I be left as a ghost please?

Maybe. We have too few forumites left to mess around, though.

E: You're not a ghost. Either you got rekt by a fell mood, CR slabbed/buried you, or you never came back.

I tried that, and then found a cave dragon outside the door.  I'd suggest reaching for cavern three, if you think you can make it.  I don't think there is anything edible in cavern 1. Could be wrong though.  I spent my entire time worrying about issues on the surface, only to find I'd need to spend the last couple of months in a hole, with no food, excess water, and more children than we can possibly feed.

I'm striking for 1. There's food down there.

This slab, unusually, has a date chiselled into the top: 25th Hematite 554.

We made it a month! Progress is being made on the tunnel, and we've laid the first ghost to rest. The Queen and the Admin (Carefulrogue) keep mandating things. Don't know what, don't care. We live in a bunker.

The screams from outside have mostly stopped. There's just one left out there, and he gets weaker every day. He cries for water, or something to eat. It's disturbing. But you get used to the screaming, when you live knee deep in bodies and surrounded by ghosts. More than half our number are children. They spend their time playing make-believe in the mass graves.

Well, I'll be damned. The screaming ranger outside has stopped, but not by dying. Apparently he found food and drink. Maybe I can give him some orders to get the bloody trolls walled up.

Miracles never cease. Carefulrogue was on the brink of death to deprivation, but I had a random mite diagnose and repair him. Apparently he was just complaining of a broken finger. No idea where the new doc got the stuff to set it, but he's back on his feet and far from death. Also apparently it's raining? The hell did the mite who told me know? Stranger things happen all the time, I suppose. Last night I dreamt we were saved by a legendary hero named Highmax, weather sense seems pretty normal.

Marble's pretty, phyllite's decent, and let's not start on gneiss and schist, but a look through the records suggests we've got no ores down here. Armok and Ur damn it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:01:37 pm by Arx »

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 10, 2017, 12:59:20 pm »

I am back! Please don't forumite me yet. I will forumite myself if my turn ever rolls around.

I'm assuming I was never forumited in the first place since I was never notified/mentioned.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1014 on: March 10, 2017, 01:15:13 pm »

You might have been forumited, but you're dead now if you were. vOv

The ranger who somehow didn't die is going about chores as if nothing's wrong. I think he's touched in the head. I'm going to have him wall the trolls out. If he dies, well, he was dead anyway. The dead hippies don't seem to want to come in, so if we wall out the trolls we're safe.

The dead ranger is named Udib Ruthöshiden, and he is a war hero. He's walled two of the trolls in, and all evidence suggests he'll get the remainder as well. Now he's walled in a named troll. Todor Boolearrasaz Weadehsoxellero. Two left and we can unseal the bunker.

In trivial news, a black bear is raiding our inaccessible food stockpiles. How do I know? No idea. It's in my bones.

This slab is engraved with more care than the others.

Udib Ruthöshiden, the dead man walking, has been entitled a War Hero. He has single-handedly lived through the invasion of the trolls unarmed, unarmoured, and completely defenceless. Not only did he survive, but he walled the trolls into a small section of the fort while they were distracted by their orgy of destruction.

The quality of the writing rapidly deteriorates to its previous standard.

Now I just need to find the lever to let us out of this bunker. At least the cavern dip won't be needed. Very risky business.

This slab is also dated: 16th Malachite 554.

Unbent, unbowed, unbroken! The main gate is sealed and the trolls are... let's just say vanquished. Necrothreat is ours once more!

That was a wild ride. The trolls got distracted by being building destroyers, and most importantly they each did so either behind a door or around a corner. The last remaining forumite outside then finally stopped panicking and hit the food stockpile, saving himself from starving like so many others. Then I had him wall off... uh, all the bedrooms. But on the plus side, we're troll-free! If you ignore the hideous crunchings on the other side of the barricade, anyway.

Many thanks to whoever labeled all the levers! I raised the outermost drawbridge, and between that and the traps I think we're safe.

inb4 there are sneekibeekitrolls in the fortress that are going to ambush the newly-released mites and make this a terrible overreaction
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:42:43 pm by Arx »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 10, 2017, 02:50:37 pm »

If you ever need an explanation for why you know something that you shouldn't know, the answer is the Orchestra. Got it?

Also, the mite that told you it was raining may have been one of the Orchestra's projections.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1016 on: March 10, 2017, 03:04:10 pm »

The Orchestra has no basis in reality! The answer is either Armok or Ur. Got it?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 10, 2017, 03:13:34 pm »

Code: [Select]
Error:Code not found

Yeah, the Orchestra doesn't exist.

Access denied:User in read-only mode

Don't worry about what it isn't doing.

Report crash? Y/[b]N[/b]
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 10, 2017, 03:42:48 pm »

The Orchestra has no basis in reality! The answer is either Armok or Ur. Got it?
In case you haven't noticed, the story is being pulled along by dead characters and non-mited people. Reality has no basis in this story.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 10, 2017, 03:44:55 pm »

Spirits surround me... I am not sure if I am alive or dead. They suddenly surround me, crushing me, drowning me. Wait, I am not being drowned by ghosts, I am in water! I desperately try to swim for the surface. It appears that a ceiling is above me, but I try anyway. I rise up, up, up, and luckily, instead of hitting my head on the ceiling, find myself in a small cave.

I gasp for air, then note the only entrance to the cave appears to be the water I came in on. If I were a Human, this would be impossible to see in, but, luckily, I am a dwarf, and dwarves can see in the dark. There are some boulders piled on one of the sides. I decide to try moving them, hoping that I may discover another exit to this place. As I move one of the boulders, I see glint of light, and am encouraged to move more of the stones. I discover not an exit, but a peculiar sword. strangely, it seems to shimmer in the light, even though there is no light here. As I sit here holding this sword, I remember whose fault it is that I am here.

Gwolfski! He is the one who flooded the fort, dooming many dwarves to their deaths, and forcing me to refuge here. As I remember Gwolfski's folly, the sword glows. I calm down a little, and the sword's light lowers, until it is just a shimmer again. I realize that to gain revenge on Gwolfski, I must get out of here. As I realize this, the sword resumes light, until it is nearly burning my eyes. I feel myself walk to the wall. "But there is no exit here", I think, While my sword swings, and creates one. The rock is hard, but my sword cuts through like mere butter. Where it slices, nothing remains. I smile, and begin to tunnel through the rock.

Later, I pop through into one of as-of-yet unsubmerged corridors of the fort, suprising a somewhat elderly dwarf. I say to him, "Where is Gwolfski?!".

He replies, still shaken, "Gwolfski is nowhere, for he is dead".

"No, this cannot be!", I exclaim, "How am I to get revenge on one who is dead?".

Then, the sword itself seemed to speak to me, and it said this, "Many things I can cut, and I happen to know that ectoplasm is one of them".

"Hmmm... I suppose this shall work.", I said, and walked off. "I think I shall refer to you as 'Rosywander'", said I as I walked away.

"You ain't wanting to buy some fish?", called the old dwarf after me.

I turned back, and put Rosywander to his throat. "Do know what was wrong with that sentence?, said I.

"No", said he, afraid once again.

"Ain't means 'am not', and 'you am not' is incorrect grammar", I said as Rosywander sliced through the fool's head.
---------
I wrote this before I read to the end of the thread. I hope that Gwolfski is currently dead, and that Pikachu17 is alive. If I am dead, please PM with the info, and do not re-dwarf me, unless I specifically tell you to.---------
I wrote this before I read to the end of the thread. I hope that Gwolfski is currently dead, and that Pikachu17 is alive. If I am dead, please PM with the info, and do not re-dwarf me, unless I specifically tell you to.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:19:11 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 202