Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 511934 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1110 on: March 29, 2017, 05:09:52 pm »

Who do I need to forummite?

Me, please. Either miner or Warforumite.

Also, the English language butchered the Romance Languages and the Germanic Languages.

And was, in turn, butchered by the Americans.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 29, 2017, 05:14:40 pm »

Also, the English language butchered the Romance Languages and the Germanic Languages.

I can attest to that. SM will attest to it, and has been doing as such for a while.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 29, 2017, 10:39:43 pm »

I can attest to that. SM will attest to it, and has been doing as such for a while.
We still don't understand why you people insist that color needs an extra letter. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 29, 2017, 10:57:31 pm »

We still don't understand why you people insist that color needs an extra letter.

It's because neither side is willing to speak the true name of Ko-Lore, Dark Lord of Crayons.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 30, 2017, 03:50:48 am »

The same dictionaries which enforced the change (in order to build American separateness) also proposed medicin and examin.

So....why do we all insist that medicin needs an extra letter? :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 30, 2017, 07:10:54 am »

I'm pretty sure that's what most people who don't have English as their first language have a problem with. A great amount of letters in the English language that simply should be gone in a large number of words.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 30, 2017, 07:47:46 am »

"You people"?

...congratulations, SM, you actually tricked someone into thinking that you're British.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 30, 2017, 08:34:04 am »

"You people"?

...congratulations, SM, you actually tricked someone into thinking that you're British.
I hoped to phrase that in a way I capture "you people" as those that use British English, and "we" that use American English.  Apparently, I've failed.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 30, 2017, 11:29:44 am »

I'm pretty sure that's what most people who don't have English as their first language have a problem with. A great amount of letters in the English language that simply should be gone in a large number of words.
Wasn't always like that. Largely came about as a result of 17th century onwards standardisation of the written language, but not spoken.

Could be worse, though. In England, especially the south, they've largely lost rhoticity (in other words, they don't pronounce the "r" in many words. Car becomes Caə (Cah), etc). Strangely, American English often retains rhoticity. Many differences between English and American aren't because of new changes, but because English has changed since Americans first took it up.

I realise I just went on a bit, but I find this stuff interesting :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1119 on: March 30, 2017, 11:52:50 am »

Add dictionaries. They should make people uneasily.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 30, 2017, 12:07:53 pm »

Wasn't always like that. Largely came about as a result of 17th century onwards standardisation of the written language, but not spoken.

Could be worse, though. In England, especially the south, they've largely lost rhoticity (in other words, they don't pronounce the "r" in many words. Car becomes Caə (Cah), etc). Strangely, American English often retains rhoticity. Many differences between English and American aren't because of new changes, but because English has changed since Americans first took it up.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Shakespeare didn't sign his name consistently - that is, you could have four genuine Shakespeare signatures and they could each have his name spelled in a different way.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 30, 2017, 03:00:26 pm »

Hey Pikachu, before Rosy kills you, can you drop it off at my office? I feel like studying it. I want to figure out what it's magic colors are.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:17:20 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 30, 2017, 03:29:11 pm »

I find it interesting when someone can make it simple enough to understand.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 31, 2017, 01:42:01 pm »

..and, finally,

I'm in complete control!!!!!
should end with a single exclamation point. :P
It is a reference to Discworld, where five exclamation points denote insanity. As long as I am insane, it is accurate.

Bonus:

I won't do quite the same thing to myself, but...
I did say "I won't do quite the same thing to myself, but if 3 grammar or misspelling mistakes of mine are discovered in posts after this, Rosywander will slit my throat". Do the words 'after this' mean anything to you?
Rosywander is my friend; he would never betray me
I fixed that for you; you need to use a semicolon to separate phrases that can be used as individual sentences, not a comma.

EDIT: By the way, would you please get a new forumite for me? His name should be Vladimir "Nox" Golubev (the name - and nickname - of the most awesome XCOM unit that I have ever had), and he should, if at all possible, be the best crossbowmite in the fort.
...is crossbowmite the correct term? I am not quite sure.

Oh, dear. One life down. Second life down from spelling forumite 'Forummite'.
Yeah, I can give you the best crossbowman we have. S/He's not that good, though.
I can forumite Smoke Mirrors as Quill Arcane, but he'll not have any knife skill. I don't have any scholars either, so how about I wait on this.
Th4DwArfy:Do want to be a miner, a hammermite, or a macemite? I have one of each.
Add dictionaries. They should make people uneasily.
'uneasily'? Unless the dictionaries are creating people, and having difficulties with it, you just used incorrect grammar. Hope you like death!(although, I may soon join you.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:54:22 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 31, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »

Joke's on you. Gwolfski was already executed.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 202