Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505552 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1230 on: April 10, 2017, 01:35:18 pm »

*Looks at TheFlame52 with an empty expression. Pushes him into the ravine where Tsiru died.*
I don't have a dwarf. Even if I did I could still body-hop. You can't do shit to me.
Tsiru是谁?Who is Tsiru?

If you're making a joke, haha. If not... reread the entire story of Necrothreat IV. While you're at it, read the others.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 10, 2017, 01:38:20 pm »

*Looks at TheFlame52 with an empty expression. Pushes him into the ravine where Tsiru died.*
I don't have a dwarf. Even if I did I could still body-hop. You can't do shit to me.
Tsiru是谁?Who is Tsiru?

If you're making a joke, haha. If not... reread the entire story of Necrothreat IV. While you're at it, read the others.
...I really should reread this when I have time, but I just didn't remember who Tsiru was.

...that had been the record-keeper guy, right?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 10, 2017, 02:44:41 pm »

This ghost would very much like to destroy all the artifacts.  They bring nothing but misery.  We have the ingenuity to destroy Ur's and Armok's Armies without exotic powers.
And besides, if at first you don't succeed, get a Forumech.
Anyway, I think that Rosywander is clearly an Armokian artifact, and the wishbone hat is evidently one of Ur's.
Nah, I just occupy a new forumite.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 10, 2017, 03:33:59 pm »

This ghost would very much like to destroy all the artifacts.  They bring nothing but misery.  We have the ingenuity to destroy Ur's and Armok's Armies without exotic powers.
Anyway, I think that Rosywander is clearly an Armokian artifact, and the wishbone hat is evidently one of Ur's.
Nonono, what I meant was that, if at first you can't destroy Armok and Ur's armies without exotic powers, then you break out the Forumechs. Remember, I conceived of them as essentially the antithesis to Armok and Ur: entities with no blood to spill and no "life" that can be corrupted into unlife.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 10, 2017, 03:42:54 pm »

Nonono, what I meant was that, if at first you can't destroy Armok and Ur's armies without exotic powers, then you break out the Forumechs. Remember, I conceived of them as essentially the antithesis to Armok and Ur: entities with no blood to spill and no "life" that can be corrupted into unlife.

I'm pretty sure I warned at the conception of forumechs that a new antagonist might be the AI revolution...
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 10, 2017, 03:55:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure I warned at the conception of forumechs that a new antagonist might be the AI revolution...
But that would be something we can deal with in normal, dwarven ways. It's not the same as having an overseer who is deliberately trying to subvert the fort to the forces of Armok or Ur (or both).

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 11, 2017, 09:11:56 am »

But that would be something we can deal with in normal, dwarven ways. It's not the same as having an overseer who is deliberately trying to subvert the fort to the forces of Armok or Ur (or both).
Suddenly, Ganondwarf forced the engineers to make the forumechs have blood, and be raisable by necrothreaders.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 11, 2017, 09:55:58 am »

I am the king of darkness, Ganondwarf, wielder of the Triforce of Power, reincarnation of Demise, and I will bathe the world in shadow!!!

19th Galena, 555.
These puny forumites attempted to prevent me from taking over their fort. Their forces were crushed. However, none of them were fatally crushed, as I prefer executing resistance after they surrender, that way the surviving forces know what is in store if they continue to resist me.

20th Galena, 555.
I crushed Apiks' skull today. Apiks was already slated for execution by the previous leaader for "intentional mispelling". I don't know the story behind that, but no one breaks the rules under my rule, and lives.

23rd Galena, 555.
One of the puny forumites has grown up. Great, now I can force him to work in the mines.

24th Galena, 555.
A  scholar has arrived. I'm currently the evil king of this dark fortress; what does he think it is, some kind of spa retreat?

1st Limestone, 555.
Autumn is here, meaning it is only 3 months till my favorite season, winter. After all it's so depressing to most humans putting theirmorale way down, and many of my troops can hide under the snow for ambush.

5th Limestone, 555.
What is a haxxor? None of the worlds I conquered beforehand contained these beings.
Whatever a haxxor is, a haxxor scholar is outside along with the puny politicians.
Speaking of the politicians, they are rather SAD.

9th Limestone, 555.
Even more scholars have arrived. Do they think this is Disneyland or something? It is the base of my operations for when I bathe the world in shadow. It is most definitely not Disneyland.
For one thing, there woud be more screaming.

12th Limestone, 555.
A geographer has arrived. Great!
He can map out my evil empire!

13th Limesonte, 555.
The trade caravan from Athel Udist has arrived.
Just as soon as I take care of those blasted politicians.

14th Limestone, 555.
According to one of my scouts, the politicians have all gone away. Perhaps they have gone to a different fundraiser, or a debate.

15th Limestone, 555.
I am going to add to Vladimir "Nox" Golubev's title:"He Who Made The Haxxor Feel Fear".

17th Limestone, 555.
The caravan has a swordmaster, and an elite Xbowmite. Did they realize that this fort is under the juridiction of evil?

19th Limestone, 555.
The proxy has shared with me some news, apparently not knowing I have plenty of scouts.
A few months ago The Hazy Attic gave up their occupation of Anvildemon.
Months ago Rakust Whiskerbridges became admin of the Branded Daggers, replacing Cerol Bodiceborn.
Mostly, I requested Lolcats, reindeer chargers, and much doge.

11th Sandstone, 555.
Apparently, my childish games have tired the merchants. All I did was offer to give them 134 urists of profit, but did they thank me? NO, THEY DECIDED THAT I WAS CHILDISH! WELL, WE SHALL SEE HOW CHILDISH THEIR SCREAMS ARE! FOR IAM GANONDWARF, KING OF DARKNESS, AND THEY HAVE INSULTED ME!

21st Sandstone, 555.
Arx, one of the masons, was found dead, contorted in fear. The only things I know of that can do that are ghosts,great fairies and cucoos. But this fort doesn't have faires or poultry, and the only known ghost was also named Arx. Does this mean Arx killed Arx?

22nd Sandstone, 555.
Some migrants have arrived, despite the danger of me, my troops, a friendly zombie panda and killer ghosts.
The final tally ofmigrantsinclude:a lye-maker/marksmite; a mechanic/marksmite/optical engineer; a fisherman: a herbalist/shearer; and two rangers.

9th Timber, 555.
Aww... A courage wolf has given birth to puppies. Now my legion of terror has more soldiers.

15th Timber 555.
Th4DwArfY has grown attached to a bronze pick.
I know this because when I tried to remove it from him, he attempted to strike me with it.
I have been told about Rosywander and the previous overseer, and I hope this is not a similiar situation.

19th Timber, 555.
A dwarven child has gone crazy.
According to the forumites here, this process is called "going fey", and perfectly normal for them.

2nd Moonstone, 555.
A gamer, and troll ambush! Curse them, I'm the greater evil here! Fortunately, they seem to be fighting amongst themselves.

3rd Moonstone, 555.
IT'S LINK! RETREAT! RETREAT!!! RUN FOR YOUR UNLIVES!
!!save!!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 11, 2017, 10:38:15 am »

Oh dear.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 11, 2017, 03:32:07 pm »

24th Galena, 555.
A  scholar has arrived. I'm currently the evil king of this dark fortress; what does he think it is, some kind of spa retreat?

9th Limestone, 555.
Even more scholars have arrived. Do they think this is Disneyland or something? It is the base of my operations for when I bathe the world in shadow. It is most definitely not Disneyland.
For one thing, there would be more screaming.

Yeah, scholars, I could be getting forumited soon. It would be nice to have an actual presence for the people who only care for "real" information.

Hey, are the errors symbolic of you having a different character now, or are they just errors? Also, sorry for any confusion for people who read this post before the edit, I was in a hurry and I messed up the quote.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 04:16:52 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 12, 2017, 01:37:25 pm »

Alright, I've sort-of caught up to the thread. Read all posts linked in the OP, so I should be aware enough.

Wish me luck, lads.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 12, 2017, 02:51:19 pm »

New person in charge, time to repost my forumiting request, we have scholars now, I may even get a character.

I still need to be forumited, Quill Arcane, male loremaster (scholar works), if possible I would like knife proficiency, however it isn't necessary.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 12, 2017, 02:57:05 pm »

The 4th of Moonstone, 555. This was the day. The day I took control. For too long I had idled. I had watched my mother, Zon Shîmbilsodel Tosidzethruk Tashem, perish. My father, "Th4Dwarfy" Asteshzerith Tishak Nóton, undoubtedly awaited the same fortune. As did the other forumites. The Marksmen, the Queen, even the children would perish in these wastes. This cursed phlegm in the earth had taken its toll.

They did not respect me. I knew it before I even aspired to the greatness of Omer. "Peasant", they called me. "Useless", "Fodder". Merely because I had yet to learn a skill. I would not need to, however. I had higher ambitions than becoming nothing but another one of the craftsmen. The children were better than me at crafting already, and I would not waste my life on such useless frivolities. My life was of those who created it. Not my mother, let alone my father. My life was the God's. And theirs would be mine.

I don't know how I did it. But suddenly they just listened. It wasn't the touch of Idräth that caused it. No, Idräth felt different. She felt warm like molten gold, yet cool like gems fresh from the earth. Idräth was too earthy. Even though I considered myself her faithful worshiper, she would not answer my prayers until she knew of my powers. It weren't the stern tendrils of mist accompanying Nekut's avatar. It wasn't the glee and satisfaction Åblel brought. It wasn't the strength and tiredness of Ibes' aura. It weren't the floating words and whispers of Thukkan.

It was Omer that touched me.

The god of rainbows and rain, light itself even. The god of revenge, too.

In seconds that felt like eternity, he whispered. Not into my ear, not into my brain. My entire physical being hummed with each word he spoke, a language utterly alien yet immediately comprehensible. His voice sounded like the eternal thrumming of a shower, intwined with a sharp and feeble sound. The sound of light itself. The sound of a knife slitting the throats of your enemies. A single order he gave me.

B̷̟̟͇̞̺̜̟̟ͯ̐̾̓ͥ̌́V̟̳̉̇̒ͪ̂͐ͩ̅I̵̶̮̠̣̤̱̼͛̆ͬ̅ͦͤ͘ͅL̗̱̳̉ͮͭ̂͟Ḑ̵͉͚̯̦͕̺͓̤̖ͩͨ̌̃̋͌̓͋ ̴͚̹̙̝͚̞͍͍̄͑͢͞M̷̖̤̘͇̰͎̅͋̕Eͧͭ͠͏͕͈̦̝͉͚ ͕͕͙͎̌̓͂̃́A̼̬̞̯͎̲͎̠͑ͫ̓̆ ͭ̊̈̇͆̒̚҉̠̜̳̭̣͉͟T̫͍̟̪̻ͯͧ̍̑̏͠ͅḘ̖̝͉ͫ͐̇͝M̸͎̜͚͖̈͋̀͆͘͝ͅP̪̊̊̒̎̽̕͞Ḷ̥̭̦̳͆͗̓̈́̔̌ͤ͡E̛̯̥̠̙̥̼̬ͦ̆

And I shall obey.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A'ight, still figuring the fort out. There's two FPS gamers and a horse sieging, how strong are they compared to the forumites?
I hope my writing skill is up to par too, my apologies for any errors it contains.

New person in charge, time to repost my forumiting request, we have scholars now, I may even get a character.

I still need to be forumited, Quill Arcane, male loremaster (scholar works), if possible I would like knife proficiency, however it isn't necessary.
None of the visiting scholars have joined the fortress yet, I'll forumite you as soon as one does or another scholar pops up.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 12, 2017, 03:19:37 pm »

The 4th of Moonstone, 555. This was the day. The day I took control. For too long I had idled. I had watched my mother, Zon Shîmbilsodel Tosidzethruk Tashem, perish. My father, "Th4Dwarfy" Asteshzerith Tishak Nóton, undoubtedly awaited the same fortune. As did the other forumites. The Marksmen, the Queen, even the children would perish in these wastes. This cursed phlegm in the earth had taken its toll.

They did not respect me. I knew it before I even aspired to the greatness of Omer. "Peasant", they called me. "Useless", "Fodder". Merely because I had yet to learn a skill. I would not need to, however. I had higher ambitions than becoming nothing but another one of the craftsmen. The children were better than me at crafting already, and I would not waste my life on such useless frivolities. My life was of those who created it. Not my mother, let alone my father. My life was the God's. And theirs would be mine.

I don't know how I did it. But suddenly they just listened. It wasn't the touch of Idräth that caused it. No, Idräth felt different. She felt warm like molten gold, yet cool like gems fresh from the earth. Idräth was too earthy. Even though I considered myself her faithful worshiper, she would not answer my prayers until she knew of my powers. It weren't the stern tendrils of mist accompanying Nekut's avatar. It wasn't the glee and satisfaction Åblel brought. It wasn't the strength and tiredness of Ibes' aura. It weren't the floating words and whispers of Thukkan.

It was Omer that touched me.

The god of rainbows and rain, light itself even. The god of revenge, too.

In seconds that felt like eternity, he whispered. Not into my ear, not into my brain. My entire physical being hummed with each word he spoke, a language utterly alien yet immediately comprehensible. His voice sounded like the eternal thrumming of a shower, intwined with a sharp and feeble sound. The sound of light itself. The sound of a knife slitting the throats of your enemies. A single order he gave me.

B̷̟̟͇̞̺̜̟̟ͯ̐̾̓ͥ̌́V̟̳̉̇̒ͪ̂͐ͩ̅I̵̶̮̠̣̤̱̼͛̆ͬ̅ͦͤ͘ͅL̗̱̳̉ͮͭ̂͟Ḑ̵͉͚̯̦͕̺͓̤̖ͩͨ̌̃̋͌̓͋ ̴͚̹̙̝͚̞͍͍̄͑͢͞M̷̖̤̘͇̰͎̅͋̕Eͧͭ͠͏͕͈̦̝͉͚ ͕͕͙͎̌̓͂̃́A̼̬̞̯͎̲͎̠͑ͫ̓̆ ͭ̊̈̇͆̒̚҉̠̜̳̭̣͉͟T̫͍̟̪̻ͯͧ̍̑̏͠ͅḘ̖̝͉ͫ͐̇͝M̸͎̜͚͖̈͋̀͆͘͝ͅP̪̊̊̒̎̽̕͞Ḷ̥̭̦̳͆͗̓̈́̔̌ͤ͡E̛̯̥̠̙̥̼̬ͦ̆

And I shall obey.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A'ight, still figuring the fort out. There's two FPS gamers and a horse sieging, how strong are they compared to the forumites?
I hope my writing skill is up to par too, my apologies for any errors it contains.

None of the visiting scholars have joined the fortress yet, I'll forumite you as soon as one does or another scholar pops up.

The whole thing with light, a strong center on DF's mystical aspect, a good writer, and quick responding, I feel like we finally have a leader I can get behind. All Hail Lord_lemonpie!

I do feel the need to point out that you wrote BVILD, instead of BUILD.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:01:11 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1244 on: April 12, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »

He'll never find it.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 202