Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505579 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1245 on: April 12, 2017, 06:28:11 pm »

He'll never find it.
What, revenge? I've never seen a lemonpie turn before, but he looks like a driven man. He probably will.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 12, 2017, 06:29:27 pm »

I. Love. My. Pick.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 12, 2017, 09:35:12 pm »

10/5/19
DAF*** IS THIS

HE FRACKING CHANGED IT AGAIN

EDIT:
What politicians do people want for the next update? I think anyone from the Kennedy Administration to the present would fit the theme best. I would like some non-American ones too.
You're terrible and need to stop.

EDIT2:
Hey, does anyone here have an allergy to dihydrogen monoxide? Urgent.
Water is not an allergen.

EDIT100:
01010010 01010101 01001110
这是什么?
♪Stand up and hold your ground
Face the ending
We'll burn this whole world down
Build a new beginning now♪

Also, g'night. Going to sleep now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:25:21 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 12, 2017, 09:59:45 pm »

I think you mean you changed it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:44:18 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 13, 2017, 12:40:53 am »

That was an impressive start, Lord_lemonpie. The words seemed to flow so naturally. Here's a toast to another religious puppet maniac!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 13, 2017, 01:19:52 am »

The days have gone by at an erratic rate.  Sometimes it all blurs together, sometimes it slows to a crawl.  I don't really keep track of it.  I have no reason to mark the days, since they don't really have any meaning to me.  The hands I passed the fort to were capable enough.  We're doing better than we were.  I should check, but it's so taxing...

I might have occupied a number of different bodies, and I think I've come to a realization I'm forcing them out, or sharing the same space.  I take nothing but their senses, and their motor skills, but only from time to time.  Sometimes I take over completely, and then--then there is nothing left but me.  For some periods, I can vacate the bodies, and wander freely.  Oddly, perceptions are shaded in black and white, with limited color.  All about, the fortress there are shards of colors, some blue, orange, purple, green, red, yellow--

Ow.  It's so hard to read all of the colors.  I've made just a few connections, that some are associated with items, locations, bits and pieces of natural objects, and most unusually, people.  Not everyone contains the kaleidoscope, but I'm certain I've seen some of these forumites before.  I've passed them in the halls, and they've been deep in thought, or directing the rest of us.  Interesting. 

What's more though, is the items.  The bone helm comes to mind as a good example of it.  I wandered to the surface briefly, before turning tail and -- well, I guess it wouldn't be running -- fled from the creatures on the surface.  The dead seemed fully aware I was there, and knew where I was.  That was unsettling.  But, for the time I was there, I found the crown, still sitting in the remains of the broken tree, fire flashing in and out of existence, with the crown literally glowing--purple.  No other color could really be seen.  I'm certain there were traces, but I just remember the purple.  Given it's sour history, I wonder what it means?  I don't think anything good...

So it's clear, my character has no understanding of magic, but knows of it's existence.  What he's perceiving here, is what his limited state can comprehend.  I'm mostly looking at Glass and Smoke Mirrors, since they're primarily driving the magic plot. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 13, 2017, 05:18:24 am »

The days have gone by at an erratic rate.  Sometimes it all blurs together, sometimes it slows to a crawl.  I don't really keep track of it.  I have no reason to mark the days, since they don't really have any meaning to me.  The hands I passed the fort to were capable enough.  We're doing better than we were.  I should check, but it's so taxing...

I might have occupied a number of different bodies, and I think I've come to a realization I'm forcing them out, or sharing the same space.  I take nothing but their senses, and their motor skills, but only from time to time.  Sometimes I take over completely, and then--then there is nothing left but me.  For some periods, I can vacate the bodies, and wander freely.  Oddly, perceptions are shaded in black and white, with limited color.  All about, the fortress there are shards of colors, some blue, orange, purple, green, red, yellow--

Ow.  It's so hard to read all of the colors.  I've made just a few connections, that some are associated with items, locations, bits and pieces of natural objects, and most unusually, people.  Not everyone contains the kaleidoscope, but I'm certain I've seen some of these forumites before.  I've passed them in the halls, and they've been deep in thought, or directing the rest of us.  Interesting. 

What's more though, is the items.  The bone helm comes to mind as a good example of it.  I wandered to the surface briefly, before turning tail and -- well, I guess it wouldn't be running -- fled from the creatures on the surface.  The dead seemed fully aware I was there, and knew where I was.  That was unsettling.  But, for the time I was there, I found the crown, still sitting in the remains of the broken tree, fire flashing in and out of existence, with the crown literally glowing--purple.  No other color could really be seen.  I'm certain there were traces, but I just remember the purple.  Given it's sour history, I wonder what it means?  I don't think anything good...

So it's clear, my character has no understanding of magic, but knows of it's existence.  What he's perceiving here, is what his limited state can comprehend.  I'm mostly looking at Glass and Smoke Mirrors, since they're primarily driving the magic plot. 
Purple is mental magic. What you're seeing is the incredible amount of control magic in the crown, the amount that turns anyone who puts it on, no matter how strong willed, into a puppet for Armok and Ur. The crown probably also exudes an essence of command causing others to follow the wearer's orders. You may also be seeing violet, which is destruction, or indigo, which is prediction. I'd say, based on power's shown, It is probably purple and violet, maybe with a bit of indigo mixed in.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 13, 2017, 05:43:44 am »

I'm not quite sure if you realize this, but Sprin's magic is entirely purple colored while Apiks' is white (ending of Necrothreat III for proof.) And... well. Since you said one of your lessons on magic colors that violet's opposite is gray, it makes sense that purple's is white.

If we go from there then Apiks' descent into dictatorship is not due to the control of the crown, and she was not under the control of Ur or Armok, but of normal forumite psychology buckling under immense pressure, compounded by the fact she had a soldier's willpower. The higher they are, the harder they fall, eh?

I'd argue this just proves Apiks is the only one worthy of wearing the bone crown.

For the record, white magic is linked to time.

(Could you stop quoting large posts like that btw? If you must then delete what's in the post [or use a specific part] and add a -snip-. That's usually what we do around here.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:46:22 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 13, 2017, 05:50:43 am »

I would but you're entire statement is incorrect, especially
If we go from there then Apiks' descent into dictatorship is not due to the control of the crown, and she was not under the control of Ur or Armok, but of normal forumite psychology buckling under immense pressure, compounded by the fact she had a soldier's willpower. The higher they are, the harder they fall, eh?
and
I'd argue this just proves Apiks is the only one worthy of wearing the bone crown.

Purple's opposite is green (mental v. physical). White and black are just modifiers of grey so their opposite is also violet, but time magic would work with white.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:54:51 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 13, 2017, 05:52:46 am »

Somebody remind me to execute him when I get a turn on the grounds of treason.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 13, 2017, 05:55:21 am »

Somebody remind me to execute him when I get a turn on the grounds of treason.

What for?

EDIT: Just for !FUN!.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:28:27 am by Smoke Mirrors »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 13, 2017, 07:04:22 am »

8)

yyyyeeeaaaaahhhh
Stop doing that, EP!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 13, 2017, 07:25:35 am »

8)

yyyyeeeaaaaahhhh
Stop doing that, EP!

The earlier binary translates to RUN

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 13, 2017, 10:45:31 am »

I'm not quite sure if you realize this, but Sprin's magic is entirely purple colored while Apiks' is white (ending of Necrothreat III for proof.) And... well. Since you said one of your lessons on magic colors that violet's opposite is gray, it makes sense that purple's is white.

For the record, white magic is linked to time.

(Could you stop quoting large posts like that btw? If you must then delete what's in the post [or use a specific part] and add a -snip-. That's usually what we do around here.)
Alright, let's do a rundown of the magic system.

Red is enchantments and addition of properties (I.e. Burning sword, the spell burning hands).
Yellow is imbuement for objects (I.e. The sword shoots fireballs when you swing it).
Blue is imbuement for people (I.e. Giving someone the ability to shoot fireballs), as well as metamagic.
Orange is antimagic, as well as protection from other magics (think wards and cold iron).
Purple magic is anything regarding the mind (mind control, telepathy, telekinesis, etc.).
Green magic allows for transformation, as well as transportation (turning someone into a frog, or teleporting).
Grey magic is creation magic; basic creation is grey, healing and physical protection is white, and such things as making lightning or fireballs is black.
Violet magic is destructive; it just... erases things from existence. Most of the time, it is caused by overdrawing grey magic, and getting backlash.
Finally, Indigo magic allows for divination, and more generally, distances across time and space. While you would need to add green magic for crossing those distances (I.e. Teleportation and time machines are green+indigo), this would be the magic of time.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 13, 2017, 11:05:59 am »

You would be absolutely wrong on that note simply due to the fact that white magic is already established as time magic in Necrothreat (as I said, read the ending of Necrothreat III.) Quite ironically it is time itself that is proving my point. You fellas can't just change the continuity randomly.

And white's opposite is purple simply due to how the color scheme works in terms of opposites, not properties. Plus Purple-White has already been established as opposites in the world through the Apiks-Sprin dynamic of the previous fortresses.

As I said, if you want to create a magic system then it has to tie in retroactively. As it is, it doesn't. My version of things also makes Necrothreat IV's Apiks' descent into madness even more tragic to boot if you go into deconstruction.

Damn youngins trying to teach the being known as Apiks the Wise. Back in my day we would've had you lot on mining duty!
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 202