Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505585 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1260 on: April 13, 2017, 11:16:55 am »

You would be absolutely wrong on that note simply due to the fact that white magic is already established as time magic in Necrothreat (as I said, read the ending of Necrothreat III.) Quite ironically it is time itself that is proving my point. You fellas can't just change the continuity randomly.

And white's opposite is purple simply due to how the color scheme works in terms of opposites, not properties. Plus Purple-White has already been established as opposites in the world through the Apiks-Sprin dynamic of the previous fortresses.

As I said, if you want to create a magic system then it has to tie in retroactively. As it is, it doesn't. My version of things also makes Necrothreat IV's Apiks' descent into madness even more tragic to boot if you go into deconstruction.

Damn youngins trying to teach the being known as Apiks the Wise. Back in my day we would've had you lot on mining duty!
Grey magic - typically divided into Black or White magic - is anything regarding creation. White magic is used to refer to healing done with this magic, while Black refers to combat magics - the creation of fireballs, lightning strikes, ice storms, and so on. However, Grey magic is also used in the creation of portals and pocket dimensions (such as my workshop) as well the fabrication of resources.
Nobody argued when I said this, Apiks.
Besides, I think it's established that this is a seperate universe from the original universe of the previous Necrothreats; it wouldn't be unreasonable that the magic works differently, or at least is categorized differently. Erin and Arc (SM and I), as new people, would be natives to this universe, and therefore likely more versed in how magic works here.

There could be conflicts between the native magic interacting with old Necrothreat magic as the two realities continue to meld.  :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 13, 2017, 11:37:05 am »

Why don't we say everything was redshifted and be done with it?  Could become too tedious to fix the references. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 13, 2017, 11:39:36 am »

Each universe has its own version of magic and they're now interacting with each other? I'm liking that premise, Glass, and would fix all the continuity errors. I still insist that Apiks' white magic counteracted the purple magic of the crown, albeit at the cost of huge strain. After all, white magic being linked to time is from the older universe, and the whole deal with Apiks suddenly gaining power over time is because of the other fortresses.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:41:16 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 13, 2017, 11:52:08 am »

I still insist that Apiks' white magic counteracted the purple magic of the crown
"Counteracted".
Sure it did, mate.

EDIT:
˙ןɐɯɹou sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ
He's still doing it. Stop doing that. It's been a week.

EDIT2:
˙̫̦̣̗͔̠͍̲̯̰̻͋͌̿̊̆ͣ̓ͤ̍̌ͥͅן̯̮̼̘͈̭̹̫͎͓̩̾ͨͧ̎̽ͤͫ̎̄̏ɐ̩̩̮̱̱͓̲̞̤ͧ̐̄͑ͤͪ̆ͧͨ̓ͪͩ̏ͣɯ̤̭̹̬̙̰̤̬̱̜̰̬͉͕͎̠͒̃̑̾ͭ̔̈́͋̊̆ͨɹ͓̺̞̩̙͇̟͚̪͉̙̝̬͇͎̬̦̯̈́̾̄͋ͪͬͦ̓ͥͫ͑o̲̖̯͓͙͎̺̹͍͙̠̺͇͇͚̞͍̺̅͊ͦͭ̽̍̾̐͒͂̏̐͐̾ͦu͓͉̬̩̹̹͕͖͔̗̲̯͈͇͖̯͑̋̇̔͗̏̒̓ͩ͛ͅ ̮̗͖͇̞̠̰ͤͪ̋̒̿͊s̗̤͕̮̙̖̳͖͎̯̰̠͚̤͒̊̎̽ͧı͇̺͚͈̗̣͔̲̣̮̿̅ͯͦ̈́̎ͧͩ̔ ͕̖͈̰͇̪̥̱̟͓̝̥͋̌̐̎̉̽̓ͯ̈́ͅͅͅb̜̖̘͖̥̖̱̼̰͙̗̲̯͖̭ͪ̄ͨ̇͊ͥ͑͆ͭ̚u̫̗͉̲͔̦͎̯̹̥̱͇̖̟͈͍̻͊ͮͭ̇ͨ̓̈̀͂̽ı̱͉̖̮̰͖̳̰͓̙͕͇̺̪̬͚͕̇̿͂̃͆̅̽ͫ́ͥ͑͒́͐͆̅̂̋͗ɥ͉̻̜͙̲̝̼̘͈̮͇͍̲ͧ̊ͦ̍ͬ͊̇ͧ͗ͤ̽̆̇͛́̽̒̾͂ʇ̼͕̪͕͕͉̒̉ͪͦͤ̔̿̒̒ʎ̗̣̝̳̱̹̖̩̮̙͇͙̘͔̻͍͍͋̋̄͂̌͗̀̋̔͌͋̎ͫ̑̎ͥ͆̐ɹ̩̦͕͕͖̬͇̞̜̹̱̗̊͒͊̎̾̌ͣ͐ͧͨ͆ͤͬǝ͍͔̭̜͔͚̰̣̪͖̟̲͓̭͂ͨ̽ͪʌ̪̟̯̪ͬ̇ͤ̒ͨ̏ͧ̈ͅǝ͕͎̦͈̝̠̞͔̜̝̪̻̊͌ͩͥͫ͌̽̒͐̈́ͥ̓ͅ
EP.
Stop.

EDIT3:

为什么?
That post comes out very distorted on an iPad, even before you do the jump scare deal.

EDIT4:
A deer is what would happen if a mouse was a bad horse with sticks.

A shark is what would happen if fish were evil.

A bear is a wolf but too strong.

A possum is a rat that can die.
What is this even supposed to mean?

EDIT6:
Die beste aller möglichen Welten.

Alle anderen Welten, Glabru.
你说什么?这是什么?

EDIT7:
There can be peace.

There can be war.

There can be apocalypse.

There can be Arcadia.

There can be life.

There can be Glabru.

All can be.

All can not be.

Only if you stop observing the superposition!

Only if you stop observing the superposition!
我看你的东西。
"To be or not to be, that is the question..."
Now stop touching the greendigo magic.

EDIT8:

<XCOM, please notify the SCP foundation that we've found their breach in the fourth wall>
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:28:14 pm by Glass »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 13, 2017, 12:32:34 pm »

He's still doing it. Stop doing that. It's been a week.

A week for you maybe. I warned you not to look at that perfectly normal post.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1265 on: April 13, 2017, 02:08:37 pm »

Heh.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 13, 2017, 02:38:44 pm »

Each universe has its own version of magic and they're now interacting with each other? I'm liking that premise, Glass, and would fix all the continuity errors. I still insist that Apiks' white magic counteracted the purple magic of the crown, albeit at the cost of huge strain. After all, white magic being linked to time is from the older universe, and the whole deal with Apiks suddenly gaining power over time is because of the other fortresses.

Well, for once I agree with you mate. This sounds fun. I can see the thesis papers now "On the Interactions of Inter-Dimensional Magic" by Quill Arcane. Seriously though, this sounds interesting. The story aspect is just a bonus, all writers love a bit of character development. I do, however, have to draw a line at you being "Apiks the Wise."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:44:57 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 13, 2017, 02:46:27 pm »

Maybe in just one universe of the multiverse. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 13, 2017, 02:51:27 pm »

Quote from: Glass link=topic=19308.msg7421341#msg7421341 date=149205091

EDIT2:
[quote author=Enemy post link=topic=19308.msg7415272#msg7415272 date=1491506027
Hey, does anyone here have an allergy to dihydrogen monoxide? Urgent.
Water is not an allergen.

[/quote]Actually, some people actually are allergic to water. Only on the skin, though.
Also, lemon pie, Ganondwarf is powerful enough to take them out. Nox might also be strong enough, as well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:57:27 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 13, 2017, 02:56:31 pm »

Well, for once I agree with you mate. This sounds fun. I can see the thesis papers now "On the Interactions of Inter-Dimensional Magic" by Quill Arcane. Seriously though, this sounds interesting. The story aspect is just a bonus, all writers love a bit of character development. I do, however, have to draw a line at you being "Apiks the Wise."

I'm not the one that named me that, actually. It was other writers. For more info Necrothreat II. ((This is why you two have to read them. So many references, so much continuity.)) Apiks being known as the wise was an important plot point.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 13, 2017, 05:13:49 pm »

Quote from: Glass link=topic=19308.msg7421341#msg7421341 date=149205091

EDIT2:
[quote author=Enemy post link=topic=19308.msg7415272#msg7415272 date=1491506027
Hey, does anyone here have an allergy to dihydrogen monoxide? Urgent.
Water is not an allergen.

(/quote)Actually, some people actually are allergic to water. Only on the skin, though.
Also, lemon pie, Ganondwarf is powerful enough to take them out. Nox might also be strong enough, as well.
I think you may want to fix your formatting, P.I. Chu...

EDIT:
Last time we had that combination, zombies got in and I freed hell in an attempt to stop them. Who goes after Gwolfski?

EDIT: It's enemy post. God be with you.
What happened to this? Why didn't EP ever get to go?

EDIT2:
Hey, can I get out of my turn please? Doing Borechanced, I realized I really don't like playing these. I'd rather just be dorfed as an animal trainer.

(Also, I have little idea what I'm doing. You'll probably want someone competent after Sprin and Gwolfski.)
Ah. That happened.
Carry on.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:49:54 pm by Glass »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 14, 2017, 04:36:21 am »

Two gamers, and two of their horses remain. One gamer is mortally wounded, the other bound to die in a fire. The gods favor us. I feared more appeared thrice, when I heard one of the marksmen say another ambush had arrived, but it were merely their lost horses wandering around. Still, I fear them skulking around.

A man named Mike Huckabee has come to snatch our children. I can not let my friends perish. I shall open the gate to allow every last one of them to enter the fortress, and sit out the siege. No soul shall be condemned to an eternity in purgatory under my rule.

Yet too late I ordered the gates open. None of my forumites dared to show me which lever to pull, and now Id Nilgusgash, the Legend of Stone, has perished.

One day after taking control of the fort, on the 5th of Moonstone 555, I had failed my promise. Young Id had died because of me, and no God had the power to save him from his fate. For eternity, his soul would waste, burn and be shredded in the bloody flames of Armok's forge. His body was likely to suffer a fate worse than that.

Within my body, I felt a new force. One I will never forget.

The dark, burly grin of Armok filled my being. Raspy it was, like rats mulching on the burnt flesh of our forumites. Low it was, like the wails of the monsters that lurked beneath the sacred rock protecting them. Yet most of all it was frightening. Not chilling, like the bedtime stories mother told me before her death. Not scary, like the undead lurking at our door. The fear it caused physically hurt me. Only when I felt the comforting touch of Omer on my shoulders, as if a majestic bird of light shrouded me, blocking out Armok's evil shrieks, I lost the urge to end my own life.

The child referred to as "crazy fey" has finally started his mysterious construction. I have begged him to create something to appease the gods, instead of his own sinful mind.

A great fire has started, and it continues spreading towards us. I can only pray for our wooden fortifications to withstand Armok's fiendish flames, whilst the trees around us burn and fall. Luckily, these have taken out some besiegers, proving the Gods of this world have sided with me.

As the fire rages on, creeping closer every minute, "crazy fey" has crafted something to taunt it. A hazel amulet, wooden yet unburnable. May it please the gods, and infuriate those challenging us.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The power of this seemingly bland artifact, also has caused Imic to rise from the grave. It's attraction is surely undeniable, and the flames keep encroaching on us faster and faster. More Gamers are emerging from the ashes too, possibly attracted by the call of Berdan Am. Their numbers now total 24, making me glad I was unable to open the outer gate. It might have cost the life of a child, but it has saved the fortress from certain doom. We shall sit out the siege and wait.

The wooden walls hold! No flame, Armok's or not, shall penetrate it, for the God's are with us!
Praise Omer!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the short update, but I'm leaving to visit my family for easter in a few minutes. I was wondering if I could that 4-day extension of my time limit, as I'll only be returning on monday evening and won't be able to play untill then.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 14, 2017, 04:46:32 am »

You most definitely can make use of the holiday turn extension rule. Easter is considered a big enough holiday that many institutions announce their own holidays during so it is allowed. Also, how is the FPS in the game? Is it playable?

I have in previous forts been told that the OP is badly formatted or, simply put, written. If anybody has any ideas for improvement in user-friendliness I would appreciate it if you voiced them.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 14, 2017, 04:51:46 am »

You most definitely can make use of the holiday turn extension rule. Easter is considered a big enough holiday that many institutions announce their own holidays during so it is allowed. Also, how is the FPS in the game? Is it playable?
Great, thanks! The FPS isn't great but not too bad either. It's just a little slower than usual, especially now there's both a siege and a major fire going on.

I'll manage though, gives me some extra time to react to stuff.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1274 on: April 14, 2017, 05:13:15 am »

FPS was rolling about a steady 10 on my turn, I think, which is pretty reasonable. Necrothreat III was on the 3FPS grind when I played it, so this was a welcome relief.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 202