Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505497 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1275 on: April 14, 2017, 05:40:43 am »

Yeah, Necrothreat III ground to a halt thanks to a known bug in HFS, so note to future overseers. Don't release HFS if you don't have a plan or it spells certain doom to the fortress.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 14, 2017, 01:17:38 pm »

Pretty good FPS on my turn. We only have about 30 dwarves including children, so not much FPS death there. Not many pets, so no FPS death there.
Changing the subject, we could replace the raw innards of one of the animals that are already here with forumechs. I recommend regular dogs, as doge and courage wolves have taken up their purpose.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 14, 2017, 01:22:14 pm »

Just a question: what is a courage wolf?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 14, 2017, 01:28:09 pm »

Spoiler: Courage Wolf Meme (click to show/hide)
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 14, 2017, 01:33:29 pm »

Pretty good FPS on my turn. We only have about 30 dwarves including children, so not much FPS death there. Not many pets, so no FPS death there.
Changing the subject, we could replace the raw innards of one of the animals that are already here with forumechs. I recommend regular dogs, as doge and courage wolves have taken up their purpose.

I think I tried that already, though I used tigerfish. I guess we could try it again with dogs.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 14, 2017, 01:35:26 pm »

Then we would start with one forumech. Long live the A.I!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 14, 2017, 02:34:35 pm »

I tested bringing in forumechs to the most recent save by overwriting every detail of dogs. It didn't really work. The puppies were unchanged. There was one forumech in the pet list, but the game crashed as soon as I tried to view it.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 14, 2017, 05:09:36 pm »

I think the best option is simply to wait until Necrotheat V.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 14, 2017, 09:36:40 pm »

I think the best option is simply to wait until Necrotheat V.
That would take a while. III went until 116, and II went until 121. Both have also had significantly more overseers go through them than this one has so far. They both had 16. We've had 8.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 15, 2017, 02:49:43 am »

Measuring via thread pages is a poor way to predict how long it would take. Measuring by time would be a lot more accurate. For comparison, Necrothreat III took nearly 22 months for 16 overseers. Necrothreat IV has cycled through 8 in 5 months, more than half the time.

This does make me happy since Necrothreat III is the reason I even implemented so many time rules. Overall, I'd say at this rate it'd take until the end of this year for the fort to get busted.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1285 on: April 15, 2017, 03:32:52 am »

Nein.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 15, 2017, 01:36:30 pm »

Measuring via thread pages is a poor way to predict how long it would take. Measuring by time would be a lot more accurate. For comparison, Necrothreat III took nearly 22 months for 16 overseers. Necrothreat IV has cycled through 8 in 5 months, more than half the time.

This does make me happy since Necrothreat III is the reason I even implemented so many time rules. Overall, I'd say at this rate it'd take until the end of this year for the fort to get busted.
There's a reason that I mentioned how many overseers they each had...
But okay. Glad to see we have an ETD.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 17, 2017, 09:56:10 am »

Too much needs to be done. Too few forumites are left. Surviving is a struggle everyday. We live in filth, the corpses of our friends littering the floor. Trails of vomit, puddles of excrement. All is filthy, yet none is there to clean. If I could, I would let the children work day and night, just as their parents do. Furniture needs to be hauled, floors constructed, trees cut down. But most of all, we need to appease the gods. The temple must be finished.

I have pried the pickaxe from the rotting fingers of an unrecognizable corpse. Its face had been chewed off by something malevolent. It can not phase me anymore. None of it can. Only the Gods can.

The Marksmen, Ganondwarf, and my father, TheDw4rfy, have stopped their training. I ordered them to. Their hands can not be spared. We are safe, for now, may the Gods aid us, may we not require their talents. They too shall dig, haul and farm.

Terrible news, I bring myself. The stone of the temple is damp. I knew I should not have built it directly underneath the caverns, but my mistake can not be corrected anymore. I shall dig it anyway, and pray for the gods to stop any floods I might cause. These nearby waters, however, will allow me to create beautiful waterfalls within the Cathedral, so not all is bad.

Opal has started, bringing the cold of midwinter with it. The fires have gone out, not damaging our feeble wooden outer-structure in any way. Praise the rains of Omer for keeping our wood wet. Whilst the Gamer's and Politician's siegeflags still wave in the wind, only three politician fundraisers seem to remain. Still, I fear opening the gate, as there might be more lurking around. Luckily all hate eachother, and bloodshed among our enemies is commonplace. I had a refreshing talk to Ruhn this afternoon, whilst carving a tomb of our cathedral. I only realised Ruhn is long dead, when he walked through the wall and disappeared.

We can no longer sit out this siege. We need more men to build the cathedral. Therefore, I have decided to send out the squads, to kill the last remaining politicians. May the gods send us winter migrants after these terrible politicians have been beaten back. It is a great risk, as I know more might be lurking around, yet I only see three. TheDw4rfy and Ganondwarf nervously await the lowering of the drawbridge. Only the Gods will be able to help them out there. May they be with them.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:24:57 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 17, 2017, 10:46:57 am »

Well shit.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 202