Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505629 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1290 on: April 17, 2017, 11:06:31 am »

Always makes me happy to see the politicians show up.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1291 on: April 17, 2017, 12:03:20 pm »

Yay. Make Necrothreat dead again.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 17, 2017, 12:10:01 pm »

That sounded straight out of what you'd expect to read in a journal in a side quest in an RPG game (The Witcher 3 takes my mind.)
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 17, 2017, 12:25:48 pm »

I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 17, 2017, 01:57:01 pm »

"Allmighty Omer! I wisheth to kill the besiegers!", I shouted to the sky. Ganondwarf looked at me as if I was mad, accompanied by the ghost of Arx. "Only thou can dissuade me! If my decisions art foolish, mighty god of rain, giveth me a sign!"

I expected no response.

How wrong I was.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After calling off the "offensive defense", I quickly ordered people to go back to their posts. Finally, things started to progress. 1/4th of the cathedral was already dug out, and parts smoothed too. I ordered the comission of several images, to be engraved within the temple. It finally started to look worthy. It was far from finished, but I felt Omer would be pleased.

There was other progress, too. The black bear captured long ago was now trained to be semi-wild. If my resources and manpower would allow it, I would place the creature in a beautiful silver cage within the church, to be gazed upon by all visitors of the holy place.

Without my permission, my forumites have buried the remains of Arx. I liked his ghost, and it was not my intention to banish him to Armok's purgatory. Yet they have. I can not find his tomb, nor the forumite who buried his remains. If I could, and had the manpower to spare for a banhammer wielder, I would have the poor soul hammered into purgatory too.

The ghost of Amost Zuglarsacat has also been put to rest. May the Gods save him from Armok's forges. I am still unable to find the forumite responsible for releasing these souls, and the location of their tombs remains a mystery to me.

Obsidian has started, and the cathedral is coming along nicely. More than half of it is excavated, and if we're able to attract migrants in spring, summer or autumn, we might still finish it in time. I have slightly altered the details of the plan, creating some small new rooms. They shall be used as tombs for the worthy, allowing their soul to be bound to the cathedral for eternity. This way Armok and his demons will never be able to confiscate their soul, whilst Ur's cursed march of the dead will never be able to revive their bones.

Progress however, is a little too slow. Everytime my forumites strike damp stone, they feel the need to say the most frightening word of power; "Bollocks". It will not affect the passing of time for my body, but my mind is unable to ignore such power. Digging under the wet cave feels like living for decades.

The end of winter nears, yet the siege remains unlifted. Hopefully we will soon be released of these politicians. We will need it to prosper once more. We will need it to make Necrothreat great again.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 17, 2017, 02:26:24 pm »

The water is a good sign. It is the mark of Afer, god of water, and he is a powerful god indeed.

A while back, Afer was the name given to the spirit of the aquifer. I later made him god of water and the god Arc prays to.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1296 on: April 17, 2017, 04:35:36 pm »

I told you. He never found it. Heh.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 17, 2017, 04:42:39 pm »

What, your basement?
The one Erin flooded with the matter replicator?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 17, 2017, 04:50:59 pm »

What, your basement?

You mean the one he flooded himself.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 17, 2017, 04:52:26 pm »

What, your basement?

Sure.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 18, 2017, 12:35:09 am »

What, your basement?

Which basement is this?  I don't recall finding anything other than the temple of Sprin
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 18, 2017, 08:01:52 am »

Unveil your secrets, Gwolfski!

THE GODS COMMAND YOU

For real, the fortress is one big clusterfuck of clusterfucks. There's like an underground mini castle, gargantuan bedrooms, floor levels, just random rooms, something with mechanical water stuff I don't understand and a helluvalot more, too.

I'll just use the manager for my task orders and make the fort even more confusing by just digging out new areas instead of improving old ones.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:16:34 am by Lord_lemonpie »

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 18, 2017, 08:43:51 am »

Why does every overseer have a beef with my bedrooms? I just wanted every single forumite to feel at home  :'(
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 18, 2017, 09:03:54 am »

Why does every overseer have a beef with my bedrooms? I just wanted every single forumite to feel at home  :'(
They're just so incredibly large and empty.

Normally, I give them 2x1 or 3x1 bedrooms with shared doors. They'll just have a bed and a cabinet in their room, but the floors are engraved and the walls smoothed.

When I'm feeling especially generous I might give them 2x3 or 3x3, and give them a statue and a chest, maybe even a weapon rack.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 18, 2017, 09:44:59 am »

Ganondwarf nervously awaits the lowering of the drawbridge.
Nervous? Ganondorf often gets his freakin' head stabbed straight through, but you think he's going to be nervous about some weak little politicians who can't even harm him?
There's like an underground mini castle, gargantuan bedrooms, floor levels, just random rooms, something with mechanical water stuff I don't understand and a helluvalot more, too.
The water was engineered by someone to make infinite power. I don't think it currently does, though.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 202