Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505479 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1305 on: April 18, 2017, 09:46:03 am »

Again, whispers in my head. Yet they are not the whispers of Omer, or one of the other Gods I worship. These whispers are powerful. Incredibly so. It felt like a mixture of Idräth's earthy growls and Omer's neverending torrents. The sloshing of water in a cavern, is what it felt like. I reached out to it where it felt strongest. Touching a beautiful cluster of smoky quartz in the wall of the cathedral. His power burst from it, filling my entire being. With great effort I managed to stand, and continue pushing my palms against the crystalline node. It felt as if my body was engulfed by a freezing deluge. I tasted murky water on my tongue. The force felt wet, cold, and everlasting. Yet most of all, it felt powerful.

"Who art thee!" I exclaimed, straining all my muscles to keep in contact with this being of immense power.

Whispers filled my being. I could feel the attention of the entity shifting from the walls of the cathedral, to myself. The flood's power increased. A single word started echoing through me. Incomprehensible, yet easy to grasp. The tongue of the gods.

A̫̻͍̟̻̯̟̮ͩͥ̕͢F̿͆̑̃̍̅ͩ͏̮͈̜̮Ḙͣ̀͢ͅR̺̼ͬͪͦ͝ͅ

The simplicity of its name struck me. The power that laid in the word, however, was immense. Nigh neverending. If said by the right person, at the right time with the right tools, they caster could invoke a devastating power.

Stunned, I released my grip off the wall. The feeling of being mauled by a flood started ebbing away. Afer's presence though, remained. I could feel him, flowing around parts of the fortress. Thousands of his arms brushing against our walls.

He did not feel malevolent. But he did not feel benevolent either. Curiosity was the only true emotion his being emitted. Using his many appendages to brush the walls, feeling them.

Dazed, I ran upstairs, calling upon all visiting scholars to gather. They quickly obeyed, fearful of another terror befalling us.

After calming down, I finally managed to explain what had just occurred downstairs. Many sat down to contemplate, but one immediately grabbed one of the large books he had brought with him.

"MANVSCRIPTVM DEITATVM" it was titled. An ancient book, written in an incomprehensible tongue. To me, at least. Stukos Otilolon, one of the visiting scholars, easily browsed through the book, until she arrived at a beautifully decorated page filled with unreadable runes and beautiful renditions of lapis-coloured waves.

"Aquifer, the eternal flood." She read. "A powerful, male entity, housing in the eternal layers of water beneath the dirt of this world. A mysterious being of incredible energy. It is solitary, and finds no joy in either aiding or destroying mortals. Its existence has no purpose, unlike the other ethereal beings of this world."

She continued her story, an indepth analyses of the God Afer. Most of it was speculation, yet one entry struck me as important.

"Magmasea, a similar diety, is thought to be Afer's spouse. A legend whispered my spirits, explains their current state: Afer and Masea were once two powerful mortal mages. Cursed by Armok, for no other reason than the amusement of the God of Blood, these mortals were turnt into the spheres of their magic: Water and Magma. Cursed to live eternally, separated by too many layers of rock to even know of eachother's existance. Their curse is so cruel, that they might not even embrace one another, for whence they touch, a wall of cursed stone forms between them. Thus, they are doomed to eternal seperation"

Just as I started pondering these wise words, one of the forumites excitedly came running into the library.

The siege had finally been lifted!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 18, 2017, 09:49:57 am »

How was the siege lifted? Afer smited them? Ganondwarf slaughtered them?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1307 on: April 18, 2017, 10:02:59 am »

I'll never tell you. It'll never say anything for all but one. Many aches and sweat, used, mauled and destroyed. For whom, one knows not, but two do. Secrets lie, truth misguides. Forever hidden, always in plain sight. A papermaker, he looks on. A fisherman, he swims beneath. A baron, he rules from his tomb. An architect, he designs, a madman, he destroyes. A capitalist, he build mansions of fortune, while a communist, he spreads the wealth among all and none. For all are one, and one isn't all. Canis lupus, Felis catus, those who drown while swimming, and those who fly while falling. For that is it, as barefaced as complex. Heresy is absolved, defacement never. It burns while alive, but not when dead. Hours of cod, weeks of zombies, years of just and unjustness, all is a cause, and yours is lost, Forever shrouded. I listen to no God, for I am one, and one is not all. Thus I say aye, but I scream nay. Good day, Evil night, one is their lord, but not all servant, And remember, ONE IS ALL, AND ONE ISN'T ALL.

A tremour runs through the rock, screams from beneath.

IT HAS BEGUN.

!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:53 am »

How was the siege lifted? Afer smited them? Ganondwarf slaughtered them?
Idräth, the Goddess of trade, wealth, jewels and minerals must have lured the last politicians elsewhere with promises of donations to their neverending campaigns.

Ganondwarf is... otherwise occupied.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 18, 2017, 10:58:20 am »

neverending campaigns.
A perfect summation of what politics is.

Anyway, in other news... yes. That was some good stuff there. Keep writing, my lord, for it is glorious.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 18, 2017, 02:30:39 pm »

*Clap, Clap, Clap* *Standing ovation*. Holy shit that was great! That was glorious! Lemon Pie, you are a great writer.

Unrelated news, is there a forumite for me, I see some scholars joined the fort?

EDIT: When Arc comes in (assuming it happens during your turn) please read some of my character entries (in character posts in case it wasn't clear) to understand Arcs personality because you are a great writer and I'd rather not have to comment on one of your posts with something you got wrong.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:11:33 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 18, 2017, 04:00:17 pm »

Apparently, trolls can climb.
Luckily enough, marksmites launched from our roof can too.
I'm in for a helluva ride

*Clap, Clap, Clap* *Standing ovation*. Holy shit that was great! That was glorious! Lemon Pie, you are a great writer.

Unrelated news, is there a forumite for me, I see some scholars joined the fort?

EDIT: When Arc comes in (assuming it happens during your turn) please read some of my character entries (in character posts in case it wasn't clear) to understand Arcs personality because you are a great writer and I'd rather not have to comment on one of your posts with something you got wrong.
Sadly enough those scholars are just visitors. There might be some other forumites for you, but none scholarly as of now.
There'll be a nice list of unclaimed in my next update, but I still need to write it. It's going to be pretty long.

I'll also make sure to read the character entries of those claimed, don't want to make the same mistake as I did with Ganondwarf.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 18, 2017, 04:14:36 pm »

I would not say you made a mistake with Ganondorf. He did, after all, resign as overseer because of Link (likely to keep a low profile) and is possible that he was nervous going out because Link might be out there, while he would be safe in the locked fortress.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 18, 2017, 04:40:09 pm »

Arc also removed the Wizzro ring so Wizzro is trapped again. In case anyone couldn't tell, Arc was in control the whole time, as evidenced by having two blue eyes instead of Wizzro's one red eye.

I really like the idea of Afer having been a mortal wizard before becoming immortal as it explains why he likes Arc, they are (or were in Afers case) both wizards.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 18, 2017, 05:15:47 pm »

Why does every overseer have a beef with my bedrooms? I just wanted every single forumite to feel at home  :'(
They're just so incredibly large and empty.

Normally, I give them 2x1 or 3x1 bedrooms with shared doors. They'll just have a bed and a cabinet in their room, but the floors are engraved and the walls smoothed.

When I'm feeling especially generous I might give them 2x3 or 3x3, and give them a statue and a chest, maybe even a weapon rack.
About the same for me.  Seriously, when I took over the forts, I was like "where are the bedrooms?  How the fuck did we survive for these few years without a tantrum spiral?!"  Turns out, we had rooms.  They were so massive, I mistook them as storage rooms.  And so begins the saga of attempted carving of new rooms, smaller, less generous.  At least there won't be a self contained draft.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 18, 2017, 10:08:21 pm »

Why does every overseer have a beef with my bedrooms? I just wanted every single forumite to feel at home  :'(

Normally, I give them 2x1 or 3x1 bedrooms with shared doors. They'll just have a bed and a cabinet in their room, but the floors are engraved and the walls smoothed.

When I'm feeling especially generous I might give them 2x3 or 3x3, and give them a statue and a chest, maybe even a weapon rack.
About the same for me.  Seriously, when I took over the forts, I was like "where are the bedrooms?  How the fuck did we survive for these few years without a tantrum spiral?!"  Turns out, we had rooms.  They were so massive, I mistook them as storage rooms.  And so begins the saga of attempted carving of new rooms, smaller, less generous.  At least there won't be a self contained draft.

Well, It's not like I didn't write about their size in my story posts... or post pictures of them. I would call the bedrooms a success. Do we have access to them?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 19, 2017, 01:34:37 am »

Well, It's not like I didn't write about their size in my story posts... or post pictures of them. I would call the bedrooms a success. Do we have access to them?
As of now, we do. To the entirity of the fortress actually.

Though, with all the shit happenning right now, that may change really soon.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1317 on: April 19, 2017, 01:42:41 am »

Realy? Nobody even tried to interpret my speech? I am dissapointed. Its not random mumbling, i spent half an hour on it :(
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 19, 2017, 01:55:39 am »

Realy? Nobody even tried to interpret my speech? I am dissapointed. Its not random mumbling, i spent half an hour on it :(
My closest guess would be that you've somehow locked either an army of undead of a necromancer somewhere in the fort, as you seem to be referring to dead characters and tombs and stuff.

But there's nog wat you could've hidden them from the unit list afaik.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 19, 2017, 04:03:01 am »

I will not pretend to understand what you wrote, Gwolfski. I realized that it probably meant something but hell I'm not decyphering it, and as such it holds little interest while it remains without escalation, conflict and conclusion context since it's merely foreshadowing (and as such if you write more it may make sense.)

Now, if you were trying to be philosophical then you definitely need some sort of context to get us invested.
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 202