Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 517267 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1365 on: April 20, 2017, 05:04:55 pm »

Hold on a second, your turn ends at the start of spring, not the start of winter. What are you trying to pull here?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 20, 2017, 05:05:59 pm »

snip
Killing this abomination of a stack right here right now before it gets out of hand.
Thank Omer.

Anyway... Yes. You are an awesome person, my lord Lemonpie. You have the support of all the Orchestra for your reign in heaven when all is over and done.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 20, 2017, 05:10:12 pm »

Your turn was an absolute blast to read, Lord_lemonpie. Thank you for playing. The new Apiks' strength does surprise me though. I usually get unlucky forumites, haha.

I take it the creature that left your body is you, the player? Regardless your writings were greatly enjoyable.

Hold on a second, your turn ends at the start of spring, not the start of winter. What are you trying to pull here?

It is possible some previous overseer finished his turn a season earlier due to the time limit. In that case it's not surprising for it to be off by a bit.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 20, 2017, 05:15:28 pm »

Lord_lemonpie, I hope that whoever is next is as good a writer as you, but I doubt that is going to happen. You are a great writer and I really enjoyed your turn. Most people just have little snippets, but I really prefer it when they write a story, especially if the story is as well written as yours were. I hope whoever I get mited under can write half as well as you.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 20, 2017, 05:22:18 pm »

I started my turn in early winter, so it ends there too I guess.

snip
Killing this abomination of a stack right here right now before it gets out of hand.
Thank Omer.

Anyway... Yes. You are an awesome person, my lord Lemonpie. You have the support of all the Orchestra for your reign in heaven when all is over and done.
Thanks, I greatly appreciate it!

Your turn was an absolute blast to read, Lord_lemonpie. Thank you for playing. The new Apiks' strength does surprise me though. I usually get unlucky forumites, haha.

I take it the creature that left your body is you, the player? Regardless your writings were greatly enjoyable.
Thank you so much!
What I had in mind was that the entity would be some sort of returning spirit thingy, not possessing people but allowing people to directly communicate to spirits/gods/entities for exactly one year, until it needs to regain its energy.

This way I've got a proper excuse to have recurring characters in the Necrothreats to come, no matter what dimension/time etc.

I'd also like another turn, if you'll allow me to jam out more religious ramblings. It seems only fitting the creature would reappear after the Iconoclaust you might unleash.

Lord_lemonpie, I hope that whoever is next is as good a writer as you, but I doubt that is going to happen. You are a great writer and I really enjoyed your turn. Most people just have little snippets, but I really prefer it when they write a story, especially if the story is as well written as yours were. I hope whoever I get mited under can write half as well as you.
I'm incredibly glad you liked it, and I look forward to writing as the overseer again.

For now, I'll keep my ramblings to Lord Lemonpie, Archpriest of Omer, after he's lost his godly vision. Let's hope he, or the Cathedral bound to his soul, may withstand the churning of time.

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 20, 2017, 05:57:49 pm »

Hello everyone. I am downloading the save and will begin my turn today. I'll try to keep it in 4 posts -- one per season.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 20, 2017, 06:09:39 pm »

Something I missed in my post: if Nox is now even better with a hammer than he was with his crossbow, then he must be a bogging beast.

Also: Hi Alias! Good luck!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 20, 2017, 07:03:51 pm »

Nice finish Lord_lemonpie.  Glad to see your goals were reached, with far more success than the wandering ghost that is Rogue.  Just... wow. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 20, 2017, 07:42:38 pm »

Hello Alias, good luck with being the overseer. You don't have to, but I would like if you familiarize yourself with how magic works in this universe, it would make Glass and I's ramblings make just a bit more sense.

Here are some quick links through quotes
Journal 30.9
Indigo, Violet, and Artifacts
Entry 002 - Day 1
All others and origin colors
You don't need to look at these if you don't want to.

Also, new person in charge, time to re-post this: I still need to be forumited, Quill Arcane, male loremaster (scholar works), if possible I would like knife proficiency, however it isn't necessary.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 20, 2017, 08:57:35 pm »

Diary of Alias

Chapter 1: Winter

1st Moonstone 556

Lord Lemonpie has summoned everyone in the fortress to determine the new overseer. I am the last one to arrive at the spot and all I can see is every single dwarf staring and pointing at me. Someone near Lord Lemonpie quickly states "He will gladly accept your role as overseer for this year."
S***.

(Status of the fortress)
(Also I am using a version of the Phoebus tileset. I might have messed up the installation of it seeing as the text is a little messy).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1st Moonstone 556 Continued...

It is apparently my first day on the job as overseer and the very first thing I will need to do is to familiarize myself further with the layout of the fortress.

"Hand me the maps of our fortress." I ask to a nearby dwarf assisting me on my first day. As he hands me the map I state "Yes this is a very nice abstract drawing you have there. The map please?....Oh."

After a brief familiarization, first thing is first. Dealing with all of these politicians. Though it looks like they've basically already dealt with us judging by the amount of corpses everywhere.

It appears we are safe provided we simply do not go outside. Cage traps at the entrance should make work of most of them and (Hopefully) dissuade the other politicians from walking in.

(The dwarves look similar to corpses O.o graphic pack is really messing with me).

I have decided what I should focus on in my term as overseer based on the information. First: an emergency bunker for the dwarves. A safe place to call home when everything around you is on fire or covered in blood. Or both. Next: weapon production and reorganizing the military to stand a chance against the politicians. Time to enact these plans.

3rd Moonstone 556

The plans for the bunker have been laid out and are awaiting construction. I have also reorganized the military into 1 melee squad instead of two. We only have a total of 5 melee dwarves in the fortress at the moment -- Four of which are extremely skilled. Progress is slow due to only one surviving miner in the fortress.

We have a lot of children in this fortress. Most of them seem to be playing make believe. I can imagine they are make believing that they are anywhere but this fortress.

4th Moonstone 556

It appears that the politicians got bored and have decided to end their siege...Wait what is going on...

They appear to be running around in circles looking for a way down...maybe we will get lucky and they will do a flip on their way down... Nope they found a way out now.

Looks like one tried to run into the fortress. We caught ourselves a Rand Paul...might need to wash that cage out afterwards.

6th Moonstone 556

Not much happening this day. Except for the artifact that Fath Sokanast was working on is now under construction.
A pretty lacking artifact. Could use more menace.

15th Moonstone 556

I am seeing a lot of ghosts haunting our fortress. I have ordered some slabs to be made and engraved to properly memorialize the dead.

18th Moonstone 556

Seeing as our king has no holdings, I am going to create for him his own place. Relatively small for a king, but he will hopefully be satisfied with it enough to stop barging into my office every few days with his demands. (Hotkey: Shift-F8).

1 day later, Migrants have arrived despite the danger! Perhaps things will finally turn around for the status of the fortress! Maybe I won't be the overseer blamed for everything bad afterall!...Where is that gate lever at...hmm two levers none of which have notes...Let's find out! Left one first!

Left one doesn't seem to have done anything...Perhaps the other...No this one doesn't do anything either...Hmm. Time to build a new lever with a label.

1st Opal 556

I have a report on my desk that a bear has forgotten it's training partially. There is now a semi-wild bear tied up in the fortress interior.
It appears to not be endangering the public so I suppose i can leave it be for now. That and as an overseer, I do not know much about training a fuzzy killing machine.

We appear to also be running low on drink. This needs to be solved IMMEDIATELY. These people might sober up and realize that I am a terrible overseer! I must hurry and order more drink to be made.

Bad news. I couldn't figure out a way to open the fortress up to the migrants and they left. The dwarves appear to be suspending the new lever linkage for some reason. I am unsure why exactly. I may have to create a new way into the fortress to rectify this.

My predecessor, Lord Lemonpie, is currently detailing the walls of the king's new abode. At least he is doing as I instructed unlike the builders of the lever and the miners who do not listen to my mining designations.

15th Opal 556

Reports from the caverns indicate that there is a new ancient beast wandering around there. I am avoiding the caverns entirely for my term as overseer if possible. We have affairs closer to the surface to deal with and we do not need brand new affairs. Even if those brand new affairs are shiny and have that new apocalypse smell.

So far an uneventful season. Awaiting for my designations that I have put in place to be completed, yet the dwarves seem to be reluctant to carry out my instructions. Maybe I am just a bad overseer who cannot command their respect. Well, I suppose that the joke is on them. They picked me for this job after all.

In other news, Apiks has grown attached to his steel chainsaw. (Maybe it has grown attached to where his hand used to be and we have a new Ash Williams).

3rd Obsidian 556

Scout reports from the caverns indicate...something bad. I can't read this report. It's too charred.

Whatever it is, I can smell a waft of smoke all the way up to my desk.

15th Obsidian 556

These dwarves STILL are not following my instructions. I have a few tasks that require completion, but none seem to be up for even a simple task -- Even tasks children could handle!

Did these dwarves simply choose me because they knew they could ignore me? I am suspecting this to be the case. Progress is nonexistent and we have yet to be able to walk around outside and pick up the metal armor to the east a short distance. At least some of the engraved slabs I've made were placed. The fortress is now no longer haunted by 3 out of 4 ghosts.

24th Obsidian 556

Rith Lanirrimtar, our furnace operator, has been acting strange lately. My reports indicate that he has holed himself up in the magma forge and is letting no one use it until he finishes whatever he is doing.

As I was surveying the stockpiles, I came across a cage that smelled strange. Upon closer inspection, we have a dead panda inside one of the cages. What? ... Maybe Rand Paul needs a roommate. I bet he loves pandas.

This is interesting. I believe we have a murderer running around meditating on revenge. He is supposed to be the miner of the fortress and has yet to do any mining. He is just in the temple meditating about revenge. No justice report has been filed so there is not a lot I can do about it as the overseer. Though in this pile of justice reports, A lot of people have violated production orders left and right...most of them are dead now.

Thus ends the season of winter. Fairly uneventful yet I now know why the dwarves have been disobeying my orders. They were following the instructions of my predecessor to stay inside the burrow at all costs where my projects lie outside. More to come soon!

EDIT: Fixed Pictures
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:39:02 pm by Alias1 »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 20, 2017, 09:23:24 pm »

And thus so went the turn of Alias1 the uneventful. Honestly, I think uneventful and safe is better than the alternatives, less exciting, but better.

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 20, 2017, 09:28:09 pm »

Just the build up before the great fall that will inevitably happen with one of my successors xD

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 20, 2017, 09:28:42 pm »

That would be Gwolfski, the fortress buster.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 20, 2017, 09:32:20 pm »

...that went quickly. :-/
I am a person prone to great confusion.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:39:54 pm by Glass »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 20, 2017, 09:33:26 pm »

It was just the first fourth. Maybe the rest will be more exciting. Maybe I might even get mited finally.
EDIT: my first request for miting was on page 22!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:35:41 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 202