Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505727 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1380 on: April 20, 2017, 09:49:13 pm »

So we had a zombie panda cage abandoned in a corner room somewhere. In most stories, that would be a surprise.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 20, 2017, 09:54:21 pm »

So we had a zombie panda cage abandoned in a corner room somewhere. In most stories, that would be a surprise.
But this is Dwarf Fortress.
And Teh Lolmod.
And a succession fort.

In this game, it means that it's an uneventful turn, since that's notable enough to discuss.  :P
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 20, 2017, 10:28:42 pm »

Two things;

1. Your images need the (img) tags around them.

2.  Pheobus always breaks the text.  I believe a DFhack plugin fixed that.  Although I don't fool around with DFhack unless absolutely necessary.  Or I don't know how to turn it off.

And yes, uneventful turns are great.  You can just put your feet up and relax.  Sorta.  This is still Dwarf Fortress. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 20, 2017, 10:35:21 pm »

Diary of Alias

Chapter 2: Spring

5th Granite 557

It seems that the time an overseer succeeds another is a little off. It is now the new year, but only the second part of my term as overseer. Perhaps progress can be made now that my predecessor's orders have been lifted. We are in okay shape according to the records of supplies and nobody died yet so that's a plus for my term.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Excellent! the dwarves are finally listening to me and progress is being made! Though they still refuse to link up the front gate, I will be making a second small entrance with a gate to circumvent the problem.

13th Granite 557

Rith has finally completed what he was working on -- A copper cabinet. A little bit of history on that artifact, but again, pretty lacking in the menace department.

25th Granite 557

A number of dwarven children appear to be dying of dehydration and starvation...in the food and drink supply storage...Perhaps the orders of one my predecessors still affects them. I will have a talk with them and tell them that order is lifted.

I've also designated an area to place many coffins to respect the fallen and their sacrifices to Necrothreat. (Also no more ghosts so yay).

1st Slate 557

A forumite barges into my office and states "Sir! The black bear in the temple has gone completely wild!"
Upon hearing that news..."S***."

It is chained up pretty well. Maybe the citizens will learn to avoid the fluffy murder machine.
It seems pretty docile actually. It isn't trying to eat any citizens or their pets yet. I will have to pay close attention to it if I wander about the temple.

About 1 week later, the side entrance has been finished and we should be able to freely enter and exit the fortress. I cannot find the gate lever for the life of me still, but a new side gate lever was installed.

17th Slate 557

The survival bunker is nearly finished. Once completed, should necrothreader or dragon appear, some dwarves will be able to continue surviving.

Migrants have also arrived today despite how dangerous this entire area is. Four new arrivals it seems! (One has already become part of the fortress and is heading inside).

Among them are two new military dwarves. An axemite by the name of Stodir and a spearman named Ateb. I quickly drafted them into the New Wave Warmen squad. We now total a 7 dwarf strong military.

3rd Felsite 557

It is about time we set an example to those politicians for attacking Necrothreat. I will be taking our captured Rand Paul flag waver and dropping him down the trash chute.

Well he isn't dead yet. Maybe he will suffer inside there until he eventually dies. (He died moments later).

10th Felsite 557

Vomit. Vomit everywhere. The moment they went outside again after a long time of hiding in our mountain, that's when it started. The side gate is completely covered in a trail of vomit now and they are trailing it everywhere. (Other than an average frat party, this part of the season is again uneventful for now).

A little over a week has passed and the citizens are quite overloaded with work recently. They have a lot of hauling from the outside to catch up on and a lot of friends to bury in their final resting place.

21st Felsite 557

Upon touring the grounds of the fortress, I believe I have located the control room. One of these levers is probably the one that lowers the main bridge...Though nearby one reads "INSTANT DEATH"...so I may not want to touch those levers.

Urvad has been acting strange exactly as the last dwarf had been. He even claimed the craftsman's workshop for his own.

(End of season)
(OOC)

So far everything has been pretty stale except the scare of that bear. Would be more exciting if the bear would start eating some dwarves xD.

Uhm I may have spoke too soon...

Anyways it is pretty late where I live and I will write the next two seasons tomorrow.

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 20, 2017, 10:39:36 pm »

Also I have fixed the pictures in the first post. Sorry about that I had forgot to put the tags xD.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 20, 2017, 10:47:22 pm »

RIP Rand Paul. He died in the trash.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 21, 2017, 01:00:05 am »

Holy shit, those necromancers were a hell of a plot twist.

The Outer bridge is the central lever in the back of the control room, with two other levers on both sides of it.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 21, 2017, 03:23:36 am »

One of the image tags on the previous page still don't work because of an extra "/" sign at the first "img."

I wouldn't worry about your turn being uneventful. Throughout most of my turns in the previous Necrothreats my turns were nearly always so uneventful I gave myself the title "Boring" (with the noticeable exception that is Afer, curse his soul.) It's much better that way in some regards.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:21:49 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 21, 2017, 05:55:39 am »

Dragons-damned necrothreadamancers.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1389 on: April 21, 2017, 08:04:55 am »

*gleefully*

I told you so!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 21, 2017, 09:10:53 am »

*gleefully*

I told you so!
You didn't tell us anything, so saying "I told you so" is a great deal of a misnomer.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 21, 2017, 10:02:10 am »

*gleefully*

I told you so!
You didn't tell us anything, so saying "I told you so" is a great deal of a misnomer.
+1  I suspect a good number of us don't like poetry, with an exception carved out for DwarfyOne's stuff, so sitting down and interpreting what you had--no thank you.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1392 on: April 21, 2017, 10:58:44 am »

((You do realise that those are musings of a madman?))
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 21, 2017, 11:01:00 am »

That doesn't make us want to read them any more.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 21, 2017, 11:10:56 am »

That doesn't make us want to read them any more.
Agreed. 
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 202