Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505683 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1395 on: April 21, 2017, 11:11:26 am »

I'm bored sometimes.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 21, 2017, 06:34:37 pm »

Pages since SM first asked for a forumite: 72
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 21, 2017, 07:36:21 pm »

Pages since SM first asked for a forumite: 72
I think it was Sprin's turn.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 21, 2017, 09:02:06 pm »

Time for the next two seasons! No idea how I am going to handle this situation xD

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 21, 2017, 10:50:52 pm »

Diary of Alias

Chapter 3: Summer

(I've purposely kept myself in the dark about what has happened in Necrothreat IV just so I can discover things on my own for more fun xD. From what I've seen so far, the situation Necrothreat IV is in is easily recovered over time. Provided no extraordinary fails happen lol xD)

1st Hematite 557

A necrothreader has decided to pay us a visit and it seems to me that he has risen the fallen forumites as his minions!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In light of this event, I have ordered everyone inside and will be closing the exit shortly...with or dwarves who fail to make it here in time.

Uhh....we have more uninvited forumites...A lot more...

S***.

Well, at least that random cage trap nearby managed to capture a forumite zombie.

2nd Hematite 557

The side gate has been closed and the head count shows that everyone who went outside has returned safely. My successors may want to outfit the side gate as a trap for the undead hordes. Lining the halls with cage and weapon traps would certainly be a good idea...well perhaps not weapon traps. One forumite zombie is enough instead of 10 zombies from the same forumite.

The cage lined side gate will be started during my term as overseer, but it may have to be finished by my successor before it can be used. Until then, no more outside time.

In the mean time, I will be trying to get the quality of life of up for what little remains of Necrothreat by constructing beds and doors for their rooms.

9th Hematite 557

The emergency bunker is basically finished. It contains some starting supplies in case things get really messy out there. The lucky surviving citizens of Necrothreat who manage to make it there should be able to survive for quite a while.

In other news, I have a missing citizen report at my desk today. It appears that a dwarven child has gone missing for one week. Well let's face it...that child is most likely dead.

As for Urvad and his mysterious behaviour, he is dragging a large chunk of raw stone somewhere and has been doing so feverishly for quite a while. Probably best to tell everyone not to disturb him.

17th Hematite 557

It seems Logem Fathavuz has been elected the new admin of Necrothreat. Nothing else of note is really happening except that undead horde of forumites relaxing just outside...waiting for an oppurtunity.

Urvad is still working with manic pace in the workshop. It seems he had finally obtained what he needed to do...whatever it is he is doing in there.

The military needs a larger barracks than a room fit for a single dwarf so I will begin carving out a larger barracks nearby.

It also seems that Urvad has finished a...bone shield. Great? ... Lacks some much needed menacing spikes.

5th Malachite 557

Progress on raising the quality of life is going smoothly and the larger space for the barracks has been succesfully dug out. Hopefully I will be the overseer that starts Necrothreat IV on the path to recovering from our losses and dealing with the necrothreader threat! ... But more likely, we will probably all be eaten by our undead forumite brethren.

16th Malache 557

It appears that a human dancer wanted to visit Necrothreat for whatever demented reason...It didn't end well for that human. (Apiks vs undead chainsaw forumite = resident evil 7 lol).

Another dancer arrived shortly after and suffered a similar fate...though much prolonged. I wonder if these undead forumites enjoy the suffering others?

24th Malachite 557

If only we could be rid of the necrothreader. The horde of undead forumites would be much less of an issue to deal with after. Perhaps if I see the necrothreader seperate from the pack, then I will send out our small military to deal with him; however, it looks like the necrothreader is staying firmly inside his horde of forumites...unfortunate for us.

In less interesting news, I am doing my best as overseer to accommodate the queen. (The noble menu had me believe the queen was a king). I have finally caught up to ordering her mandates to be carried out and am down to one last mandate. The holdings for the queen are also being handled partially.

11th Galena 557

Time has been rolling by quickly throughout my term. It has been very safe and quiet...well except the barely audible moaning from the dead forumites outside the walls.

It seems that the children are still playing their favorite make believe game "Anywhere but here."

25th Galena 557

This season is coming to a close and soon my term as overseer will be over before I know it. I have managed to finish up a lot of rooms and they will eventually become smoothed over. These rooms should raise the quality of living for the remaining civilians of Necrothreat considerably. Should we all die tomorrow, at least we will be somewhat comfortable.

And so begins the Autumn of my term.

(More to come after a quick break!)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 21, 2017, 11:04:15 pm »

Well done Alias.

Although... Nox was a marksmite; why aren't we trying to snipe the necrothreadamancer? Why aren't we training more rangers?

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 21, 2017, 11:11:04 pm »

Well the fortress at the moment is pretty thin on dwarfpower. I just reconsolidated what melee forces we have and got them properly equip. I'd like to snipe the necro if at all possible to stop future reanimations, but he seems to be sticking around his group. I'll check for some adequate marksdwarves soon and see if any can be recruited. Hopefully I won't have to draft a bunch of worker dwarves to fill the marksdwarves ranks

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 22, 2017, 01:07:13 am »

Weapon lord zombies. Fuck. I'm calling it right now that the fort will fall before I get my turn.

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 22, 2017, 01:38:08 am »

Autumn season and save game file coming up shortly. It is uploading right now

Alias1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 22, 2017, 01:47:48 am »

Diary of Alias

Final Chapter: Autumn

1st Limestone 557

I have drafted some citizens to become part of a ranged squad. Their training begins shortly after they are equip. (Renamed an old squad and changed equipment to archer).

Progress on the side gate cage traps has begun at long last as well. My successors can simply place a second drawbridge behind the cage traps in the side gate and it should function as a simple trap...using the fortress as bait. Perhaps in the future we may capture a necrothreader and send him to Rand Paul.

In light of the new squad of marksmites, I am ordering plenty of bone bolts to be created. Armok knows we have so many bones to spare.

12th Limestone 557

So. Loud. This ghostly ranger isn't allowing me a wink of sleep! Not only that, I have received many complaints about the noises this ghost makes. I had better handle this quickly then take a nap.

Uh oh. I may get a little side tracked from that loud ghost by more loud sounds.
Screaming if you weren't able to guess.

They seem to be cautious about entering the lands of Necrothreat. I'd say they are smart for doing so, but they are here in the first place. More of them seem to be trickling in. Current total: 4

Perhaps I may be able to get that troupe into the fortress. I shall try!

Seems to be working! The undead forumites and necrothreader haven't noticed the opening of the side gate! (There are 3 there, but 1 is not visible due to DF's flickering).

All of them seem to be inside totaling about six in the dance troupe.

Welcome to Necrothreat! I hope you like screaming ghosts and dying painfully.

The undead horde is none the wiser, but migrated south according to reports.

21st Limestone 557

No one has cleaned up that corpse and I explicitly ordered them to clean that rotting carcass up. We now have miasma inside the newly created barracks. I have to fix this very quickly otherwise our military may revolt against me.

Make that two. (The one next to it in previous screenshot died immediately after I took notice).

1st Sandstone 557

A masterful statue of Apiks was created just this morning!

Poor guy.

5th Sandstone 557

A woodcutter died of dehydration today...Wait exactly how many people died on that hospital bed?! ... A lot it seems.

12th Sandstone 557

crazy fey has finally become old enough to work in the fortress it seems. Time to put him to work as a woodcrafter! ... But later, something useful.

Not much is occurring in the fortress recently. I suppose this is a good thing considering all the terror Necrothreat has seen as of far.

19th Sandstone 557

A dwarven child has completed an artifact after being possessed!

Still no news from any undead forumite movement. They still aren't bored with us yet and are still here waiting around in the south near the brook. Well, at least they can't get inside Necrothreat and kill us all.

24th Sandstone 557

Completion of the trap lined side gate has finished! My successors will be able to use this as a means of trapping the undead forumites should the decide to. I am unsure how to bait the undead hordes to the side gate myself, otherwise I may have had a try at that.

2nd Timber 557

My time as overseer is drawing to a close. I will soon have to pass on this mantle to some other fool forumite. To sum up my accomplishments: Recovery. Simply recovering from the losses Necrothreat has suffered at the hands of the necrothreaders, politicians, and Armok knows what else. It will be up to my successor to deal with the undead forumite horde in whichever way he chooses. I will be simply doing my duty as manager of the fortress.

In other news, the mass graves keep filling up as fast as I order the coffins to be built. We have laid to rest many of our fallen brothers, but there are still many that require burial.

Hence ends my reign as overseer. Here is the save!
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12853

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 22, 2017, 02:06:08 am »

Bone shield eh? I think we have the perfect forumite to use it

Why did we need new bedroom btw? Military's bedrooms?

And that statue must be destroyed. Foul powers are afoot!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 22, 2017, 07:15:14 am »

Well done Alias. Hats off to you.

So, 4mask. You coming?

And yes, the statue must go.
The bone shield, too.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 22, 2017, 07:20:11 am »

Wait, now that I look at the statue again, it looks like the forumites are trying to stop Apiks from leaving (which is why he's making the submissive gesture.) Which in turn is probably because he became possessed and Apiks left on purpose to return to Necrothreat. This statue must be preserved at all costs!
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 22, 2017, 08:02:26 am »

Wait, now that I look at the statue again, it looks like the forumites are trying to stop Apiks from leaving (which is why he's making the submissive gesture.) Which in turn is probably because he became possessed and Apiks left on purpose to return to Necrothreat. This statue must be preserved at all costs!
Oh bollocks
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1409 on: April 22, 2017, 08:51:34 am »

Y'know what, put me down for another turn.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 202