Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 516632 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1485 on: April 30, 2017, 08:53:02 am »

Given the state of Necrothreat, I'm going to go on a limb here and say we've never needed a Tech Support- there are only three states of being here. Alive, Dead and Undead. Injured? That just is the moment before you're dead, silly.

I never actually appointed him, but unless he died there should be a Suturer floating around with a whole bunch of med skills enabled. Saved a couple of lives!
I'm pretty sure he died before my turn even started, as I had to appoint a random mechanic as one.

The mechanic did not last long, too.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: May 02, 2017, 03:14:31 am »

Just a little note that in this iteration of Necrothreat we take turn times more seriously than before, TalonisWolf. Your own turn is in its final stretch timewise.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: May 02, 2017, 07:04:09 am »

1st Moonstone, 557, Early Winter

I just… let’s start from the beginning.

My earliest memory is of waking up in a stone hallway lying on the ground with an armoured figure covered in blood hovering over me, with no idea of where I was, how I got there, or even who I was. I reacted the way anyone would in the same situation.

I screamed.

I maintain that it was a most dignified and mighty scream, and anyone who says otherwise will be fed to Budilotud.

Once I calmed down, I asked who in Idräths bejeweled armpit he thought he was, and why did I have a pounding headache the size of doge? In short: he was Stodir Thunenkûbuk, Axe Lord and part-time surgeon who’d treated my concussion with ‘Brain Surgery’.

In retrospect, that was the first sign of how absolutely screwed this place is.

Apparently, I’d become ‘Overseer’ and some nitwit decided to chuck a phylite mug at my head, a fact Stodir was all to eager to prove by plucking some shards out of my scalp. I’m still undecided on why I have no idea who I am- it might have been the mug, but then again Stodir showed me the mangled chunk of brain he’d removed.

At that point, all I wanted was a nice, stiff, beard-thickening drink. Of course, that was precisely when he asked how I planned to deal with the undead.

I’ll just go to bed now and hope this was a nightmare.

2nd Moonstone, 557, Early Winter

It wasn’t a nightmare.

3rd Moonstone, 557, Early Winter

I worked up the nerve and asked around to figure what my Hippie-cursed name is- just thought it’d be nice to know what to call myself. Actually, what is a Hippie? The word brings out absolute loathing, but I have no clue what it is. Regardless, my name used to be ‘Tun Oslanïdath’, but calling myself that makes me feel like an imposter- until I remember what it’s like to be that person I’ve decided to call myself ‘Talonis’.

I finally got around to figuring out this “Overseer” business was about. Apparently, I’m supposed to run this place… I’m not sure I want to remember what I did to deserve this, but if I’m going to do this I’m going to need to relearn the layout the layout of this place.

Once I found the central staircase, it was actually quite easy to explore the fortress. Part of me wishes I hadn’t- the surface is covered in blood, vomit and piles of rotting corpses, Ustuth ‘the Faithful’’s bedroom is ridiculous and I’ve put a notice for whoever gets this job next to that once Ustuth finally passes it should be turned into a sculpture garden.

The floors in the living quarters are rough and uneven, and demanding an explanation found that duty was supposed to be my husbands and I prerogative- oh, apparently I have a husband.  I should look into that.

I should also look into our “friendly” undead panda. Why we’re keeping an undead as a ‘pet’ is beyond me, but for now it looks like Budiloltud is here to stay.

The levers are conveniently labled in the most depressing and pessimistic manner possible, with the exception of the rather alarming “INSTANT DEATH”. How… charming. Why these levers were not two floors down inside our massive underground fort is beyond all reason.

Then I found… this:

Not really sure what this was supposed to be- a Great Hall? Temple? Tomb? I’ll have to ask.

8th Moonstone, 557, Early Winter

I went to ask the weaponsmith about our weaponry and its quality and stumbled on the disturbing sight of an obsession taken to extreme lengths- Rainbows were everywhere. Carved on the walls, sewn into his clothing, etched into his anvil, tattooed into his skin, weaved into his beard… it was disturbing. I left before he could drag me into his madness.

17th Moonstone, 557, Early Winter

I was stumbling through the roughhewn halls, hoping that something within the fortress would bring my memories back, when the most amazing scent reached my nose and sent me into bliss. It was profound- for a moment, everyone in Necrothreat who smelt it forgot all their worries, their fears, even the horrors which lay in wait outside our walls.

Like a dazed animal, I followed the crowd following the smell of purity to the kitchens. I don’t know what they are doing, but I was amused to hear someone whisper they were snubbing the gods by making meals fit for the divine.

9th Opal, 557, Mid-winter

One of the children had a frothing fit and started babbling incoherently. This wouldn’t be of note if it weren’t for the fact that the child was absently throwing fully armoured forumites out of his way like they were leaves in the wind, leaving chaos in their wake.

They possessively claimed the Craftmites Workshop- as a few craftmites found out via broken noses, much to their chagrin- and started… something.

If I wasn’t terrified of the bugger, I make a jail just so I could throw them into it just for all the paperwork and mess they’ve caused me.

14th Opal, 557, Mid-winter

Seven days of crazy child later, they finally appear to have stopped terrorizing the rest of the fortress for materials. They appear to have all they need, thankfully.

16th Opal, 557, Mid-winter

Someone claiming to be the “Queen of Masons” ordered me to get two dresses made up for her. I tracked down the clothier and relayed the order- the last thing is the fury of Royalty baying for my blood. This fortress has already taken my memories.

17th Opal, 557, Mid-winter

One of our siege engineers gave birth to a girl. For some reason, they felt everyone needed know, much to my discomfort. After seeing a child throw armoured forumites around like ragdolls, I’ve become terrified of anyone younger than twenty. I needed a kid shoved in my face like the Militia needs a Necrothreader in the Corpse Stockpile.

18th Opal, 557, Mid-winter

The Crazy Child unveiled the product of their madness, a frankly awe-inspiring table. In my curiosity, I briefly forgot my fears and asked them where they got the marble. They turned their demented eyes my way and told me it was made of bone.

Now I’ll have more nightmares, this time of children turning me into a table- I need more alcohol.

20th Opal, 557, Mid-winter

The Obsession has wormed its way into another mind- it is unsettling to behold.

I really hope no one reads this- a Overseer terrified of children and rainbows doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

23rd Opal, 557, Mid-winter

Earlier today, I was going over the last census trying to figure out who my husband is/was/will be- you try dealing with being married to someone you no longer remember, see how easy it is. Anyways, I was going over the census when a forumite burst in screeching about fire, brimstone, blasphemy, and repentance, covered in blood.

I’m not ashamed to say I grabbed the nearest weapon. I am ashamed of where I almost shoved the pointy end.

Once I had a chance to get a word in edgewise, I demanded he explain why he stormed into my office covered in blood.

“Fool! Thoust project has angered the gods, and they have sent spirits to remind us of our place. Repent before it is too late, and turn way before this path thou has walked lead us to damnation!” He panickily preached.

I stared at him for a few moments before bursting into hysterical laughter.

“So… you think the gods have, for some reason, taken affront to us carving out a sculpture garden?” I finally managed to get out between breathes, staring at this maniac. “Who are you, anyways?”
A lot of being called an “Ignorant Heathen” and “Servant of Evil” later, I understand he is some sort of priest and is refusing to memorialize the spirit which attacked him- allegedly because ‘it’s a servant of evil’ and ‘deserves purgatory’, but personallyI think he is simply a very petty man with an large ego.

I’ll memorialize the spirit in the statue garden- probably will be remembered more there than in some dank temple anyways. Crazy fool probably earned the attack anyways.

So, I'm trying to get snippets of what Necrothreat is like for the average forumite- am I succeeding?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:35:47 am by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: May 02, 2017, 07:36:59 am »

Lord Lemonpie was a very popular leader and high priest, he kind of does have the authority to yell at you in the name of the gods. But I think you did fine.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 07:39:36 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 02, 2017, 08:46:03 am »

Woo, legible and well-written updates!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: May 02, 2017, 08:52:35 am »

Lord Lemonpie was a very popular leader and high priest, he kind of does have the authority to yell at you in the name of the gods. But I think you did fine.

Yeah, Talonis is finding that out in the next update- lots of Lemonpie sabotaging any efforts to put the spirit to rest. On a totally unrelated note, any reason why a engraved slab wouldn't show up on the build menu once it is made? ;)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: May 02, 2017, 09:51:46 am »

Nice post!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: May 02, 2017, 10:43:36 am »

I liked the update. I'm looking forward to the rest of the turn.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: May 02, 2017, 10:51:49 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if is someone 'found dead from dehydration', and you find their corpse covered in spatters of their own blood, that's a sign of a Vamp. Right?

Edit: There is a ghost around, but I don't think they kill via dehydration.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:11:36 am by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: May 02, 2017, 11:14:49 am »

Found dead drained of blood is vamp. Dehydration is them not drinking.

Edit: If they're covered in their own blood, it's possible they got injured and couldn't get to a barrel in time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:27:06 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: May 02, 2017, 12:19:18 pm »

You're doing well with the average forumite perspective. Every time something made of bone is created, I have a hearty laugh. I love this fortress.

On the worrisome end, however, you don't have that much time left, so keep it in mind.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: May 02, 2017, 12:33:27 pm »

I think I'm dead, right? Could I be reforumited?

Also, I'll take another turn.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: May 02, 2017, 01:47:40 pm »

Here you go. I should probably improve them if we actually get them working.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:FORUMECH]
[DESCRIPTION:A short, steel creature born of drink and industry. Created by the magictechnician Eric Quill, this mechanical forumite possesses a chainsaw for a right hand and a flail for its left. Flames flick forth from the mouth.]
[NAME:forumech:forumechs:forumech]
[CASTE_NAME:forumech:forumechs:forumech]
[CREATURE_TILE:1][COLOR:0:0:1]
      [GLOWTILE:'"'][GLOWCOLOR:4:0:1]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[BENIGN][TRAINABLE]
      [PET][TRANCES]
      [BABY:1]
[GENERAL_BABY_NAME:forumech baby:forumech babies]
[BABYNAME:forumech baby:forumech babies]
[CHILD:12]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:forumech child:forumech children]
[CHILDNAME:forumech child:forumech children]
      [MEANDERER]
      [PETVALUE:10000]
      [CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:8]
      [COMMON_DOMESTIC] [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK][NO_SLEEP]
[PREFSTRING:metal beards]

[NO_FEVERS]
        [AMPHIBIOUS]
        [NONAUSEA]
        [NOPAIN]
        [NOSKIN][NOSTUN]
        [NOSMELLYROT]
[CAVE_ADAPT]
[DIURNAL]
[SMELL_TRIGGER:90]
[LOW_LIGHT_VISION:10000]
[BODY:FORUMECH:2EYES:HUMANOID_JOINTS:NECK:CPU:MOUTH:POWERCORE]
       [TISSUE:STEEL]
[TISSUE_NAME:metal:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[HEALING_RATE:500] [SCARS]

[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:15000]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:STEEL] [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Breathe jet of fire]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:FLOW:FIREJET]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1000]

[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TOKEN:RH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:rip and tear:rips and tears]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]

[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TOKEN:LH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bash:bashes]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks][ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]

[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:675:450:225:1900:2900] 39 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:5341:4723:4112:1254:6433:7900] 7 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph, NO DATA
[BABY:1]
[CHILD:2]
[DIURNAL]
      [COMMON_DOMESTIC]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[SWIMS_LEARNED]
[MANNERISM_FINGERS:finger:fingers]
[MANNERISM_NOSE:nose]
[MANNERISM_EAR:ear]
[MANNERISM_HEAD:head]
[MANNERISM_EYES:eyes]
[MANNERISM_MOUTH:mouth]
[MANNERISM_KNUCKLES:knuckles]
[MANNERISM_FEET:feet]
[MANNERISM_ARMS:arms]
[MANNERISM_HANDS:hands]
[MANNERISM_LEG:leg]
[MANNERISM_WALK]
[MANNERISM_SIT]
[MANNERISM_POSTURE]
[MANNERISM_STRETCH]
[SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET]
[MUNDANE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:STEEL]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:plating:SINGULAR]

Here is the bodyplan that makes it work.
Code: [Select]
[BODY:FORUMECH]
[BP:UB:upper body:upper bodies][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:LB:lower body:lower bodies][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:NK:neck:STP][CON:UB][CATEGORY:NECK]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:150]
[BP:HD:head:STP][CON:NK][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]
[BP:RUA:right upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
[BP:LUA:left upper arm:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[BP:RLA:right lower arm:STP][CON:RUA][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:LLA:left lower arm:STP][CON:LUA][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:ARM_LOWER]
[BP:RH:chainsaw:STP][CON:RLA][RIGHT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[BP:LH:flail:STP][CON:LLA][LEFT][CATEGORY:HAND]
[BP:RUL:right upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:LUL:left upper leg:STP][CON:LB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:RLL:right lower leg:STP][CON:RUL][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:LLL:left lower leg:STP][CON:LUL][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:RF:right foot:right feet][CON:RLL][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
[BP:LF:left foot:left feet][CON:LLL][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:120]
ooohh. You didn't realize that new bodies can't be created in an old world. We could either change old bodies, or just use already exisiting bodies, and the forumechs should be possible by replacing dogs with them.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: May 02, 2017, 02:18:27 pm »

I don't mind if you guys wish to do so. I'll also appreciate if somebody can get the damn railgun working and test it ingame.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: May 02, 2017, 02:22:33 pm »

I don't mind if you guys wish to do so. I'll also appreciate if somebody can get the damn railgun working and test it ingame.

I believe Spearbreakers had made an working Railgun in their mod- there might be bits of code in that which could help.

EDIT: Annnnnd I just realized it was a named Forumite who died. Welp, there goes my chance of keeping all of the named alive.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 05:20:00 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 202