Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 516464 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1800 on: June 27, 2017, 02:56:54 pm »

Gods I should have never put the bear there in the first place.
Ironic but fitting if it would kill me.
The bear is right now, at this moment, being harassed by about 10 courage wolves. It's no threat to anyone. I don't know how it escaped, as it never bothered anyone before that point.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: June 28, 2017, 09:28:09 pm »

I'll get on it.  Hopefully I'll unpause it sometime soon.

EDIT: And thank you Flame for a .ZIP file.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1802 on: June 29, 2017, 09:43:09 am »

I suggest you check whether the forges are covered in magma or not. I'm not sure if I contained the magma.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: June 29, 2017, 09:57:33 am »

I suggest you check whether the forges are covered in magma or not. I'm not sure if I contained the magma.
Ah, so it was YOU who managed to dump a bunch of raw adamantine into the magma. The forges are fine, but we only have one of them.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: June 29, 2017, 01:24:37 pm »

What is the zombie panda doing?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: June 29, 2017, 01:46:04 pm »

It can't really do anything, unless someone lets it out of its cage.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: June 29, 2017, 01:46:37 pm »

Chilling in a cage in someone's room. Fun fact, that panda got its name by killing the original Flame.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 01, 2017, 02:22:57 pm »

1st Granite, 560
Carefulrogue carefully slipped the book in his hand back into the shelf where he kept it.  He had the briefest of flashes where he saw another dwarf taking a book down from a room not unlike the one he was in, reading a few pages, before returning it to it’s place.  Then, the image disappeared just as quickly.  It happened regularly, these flashes.  Sometimes he’d see dwarves picking through the dead, finding the books, sometimes the living keeping logs, seeing what was written.  It was never the same vision, but he remembered them all vividly.  Sometimes he was fighting, sometimes mourning.  A few times he found himself lifting his axe up, as if to strike something, or his eyes wet with tears. 

He sighed. Rogue only had a partial understanding.  He could tell none.  Red Hammer had a  habit of destroying magical items, and he wondered how that inquisition would extend to him.  Better to not find out.  Closing and locking the door, he moved away from his hidden library, and back into the fortress proper. 

A few hatches and secret entrances stood in his way, but he moved them aside easily, before locking them back into place.  He’d return later, for more private work.  He’d kept a crude sign up, keeping the miners and children from playing or trespassing.  Looked well enough like the other miner’s handwriting, enough at least to not raise suspicion.  Still, getting in was always the difficulty. 

Climbing up the stairs, he waved at a few other soldiers, coming in for practice with our Gamer Captain-Apiks.  Rogue hadn’t questioned it.  Yet.  He didn’t even know how to approach the topic.  He was sure he’d watched the fort burn down under someone with the same name.  He was certain of it.  Apiks wasn’t a common name for Forumites.

Carefulrogue reached the training room, where already the others were practicing attacks, fighting ghost targets visible only to them.  A smile twisted his lips as he fell in beside Apiks in the corner.  He focused on the space before him, and the colors swirled into a shape striking out at him.  Dodging away from the apparition, he struck out, dissolving it with a blow.  He liked this trick.  It was a better way then swinging at just air.  Once the purple disappeared, he conjured another, a little harder, and dodged, weaved, parried, and struck again.  And again.  And again.  There were few other times he found himself so at peace, than at practice. 

“Ahem, Apiks?” The words broke through the relative silence of the room.  The clatter of chainmail, and the breathing of Rogue’s companions the only sound up until that point.  An image flashed of a battle being fought, one where men fought and died in a narrow brick corridor, goblins and trolls crawling over their dead to get at the dwarves fighting like madmen. 

The vision faded.  Rogue turned.

“Apiks,” said Red Hammer, standing at the doorway.  “I’m done with being the overseer.  I’d like to pass on the responsibility to y-”

“No,” Rogue said, before he entirely realized it.  “He’s needed to lead the squad.  Another should take the lead.”  All eyes shifted to him.  He hadn’t planned for it to go that way.

Apiks muttered slowly to himself, barely enough breath to each word to be heard.  Rogue only caught a handful of them, “...time… gods…device… to the… ” 

Red Hammer sighed. "Alright, I suppose you'd be just as good an overseer. You'd better not fuck this up."

“Wait-just-a-minute, I don’t want the-” he got out before Apiks interrupted. 

“No, you’ll do for now,” he said in a cool fashion.  It sent chills up Rogue’s spine to hear it.  “I’ll remain here, for the time, until another leader can be picked.”  His gaze felt as if it was looking straight through him, and yet saw him in the same moment.  His lips moved passively again, forming words with no sound. 

Knowing no other solution, Rogue left.  He gulped loudly to himself.  A vision of great death rose before his eyes, before he forcibly banished the image.  He had work to do. 

I'll get on it.  Expect bulk updates every few days. 
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 01, 2017, 02:38:28 pm »

Nice :D
Can anyone else see the illusions, or just you?

IMPORTANT NOTE: The following text is non-canon. It remains here only for storage, so that it can be used at a letter date when it makes more sense.

[The previous evening]
Hey, EQ, what ya working on?
Commslink.
...?
I want to reestablish contact with the topsiders. Maybe we can start getting that research done.
...how long you been working on this?
A while?
Alright, Erin, let's get you some sleep.
...what?
Your clock says it's past midnight.
...ah. Um, yes. That'd be a good idea.
Great. Let's get over to bed.

Code: [Select]
helloWorld(CarefulRogue)
Do you want to know the world? Y/N
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:37:44 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 01, 2017, 03:11:47 pm »

Well, anti magic inquisition is over, but I'll wait until my mite is properly introduced to do another perspective writing.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 02, 2017, 01:13:07 am »

Nice :D
Can anyone else see the illusions, or just you?

Code: [Select]
helloWorld(CarefulRogue)
Do you want to know the world? Y/N
The illusions are generally restricted to me.  They don't exist visibly.  If you can perceive magic, you can probably see it.  The details might be blurry, or unclear, but those that have the gift will know it's happening.  My character generally hasn't figured out how to manipulate magic to the point where it crosses into utilizing anything but purple, with hints of other stuff.  Illusion though will be a big thing. 

What am I supposed to do with the second part? 
Well, anti magic inquisition is over, but I'll wait until my mite is properly introduced to do another perspective writing.
What did you want for your mite?  I can forumite him/her.  Let's hope no one designed some death traps for our forumites.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 02, 2017, 07:11:31 am »

I think Flame mited me a bean counter, if there is anything closer to my description then please replace his with that as the character was never mentioned in the game posts. Quill Arcane, male loremaster (scholar works), if possible I would like knife proficiency, however it isn't necessary. One thing, is loremaster what Te Lol Mod renamed scholar to, in still a bit confused.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 02, 2017, 07:29:57 am »

Uh, I don't think we renamed scholar to anything... did we? Probably not.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 02, 2017, 07:30:38 am »

The second part is supposed to be why you were having all the visions. Please note that I mentioned this happening "the previous evening".
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 02, 2017, 07:35:42 am »

This is Necrothreat. I believe I established during my turn that people see visions in it and strange shit happens all the time.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 202