Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 516848 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1845 on: July 07, 2017, 02:37:40 pm »

All said, your turn is nearing its end, Carefulrogue. Keep that in mind as we enter the last days of the week.
When exactly does it end?  Haven't touched the save for a few days.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 07, 2017, 02:44:37 pm »

All said, your turn is nearing its end, Carefulrogue. Keep that in mind as we enter the last days of the week.
When exactly does it end?  Haven't touched the save for a few days.

It should end tomorrow (8th of July, 2017), but since I was a bit late with the warning I'll give you until the end of Sunday (9th of July, 2017.)
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 07, 2017, 02:52:30 pm »

Am I still alive, and how is the Lincoln Memorial doing?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: July 07, 2017, 03:04:10 pm »

Does SM exist yet?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: July 07, 2017, 03:10:26 pm »

Don't worry, I'll get some posts up.  Just very very slow on my end do to fort slowdown, and some weird problems/bugs.  Nothing gamebreaking.
I don't know where that place is, and aren't you "Red Hammer?"

Does SM exist yet?
Haven't gotten there yet, sorry.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: July 07, 2017, 03:30:05 pm »

I forumited myself as Enemy Post.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: July 07, 2017, 03:48:49 pm »

I forumited myself as Enemy Post.
Okay, you live. 

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: July 07, 2017, 03:52:21 pm »

Before moving myself down the list in the turn I checked out the savegame. The Lincoln Memorial seems to still exist in its original form from what I recall.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: July 07, 2017, 03:53:32 pm »

yeah, I found it by sheer accident just now.

EDIT: Congress showed up.  This'll take a bit to sort out. 
EDIT2: Clinton is multiplying.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:18:26 pm by Carefulrogue »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: July 07, 2017, 04:51:06 pm »

That doesn't sound good.
My mods and forum games.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 07, 2017, 05:01:49 pm »

That doesn't sound good.
It's not.  My character is getting the shit beat out of him.  Dealing a helluva lot more, but when you only have a shield, and no weapon, you can't exactly get an edge over 102 enemy combatants.  Presently Apik's squad is taking the scenic route. 

EDIT: Presently, I kinda think my character is Captain America.  Just a guy with a shield in a warzone.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:03:44 pm by Carefulrogue »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: July 07, 2017, 05:05:36 pm »

Are you fighting 102 politicians singlehandedly with just a shield?
My mods and forum games.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: July 07, 2017, 05:26:25 pm »

Are you fighting 102 politicians singlehandedly with just a shield?
Presently it's more like six, as those were the only one's willing to jump off a cliff to follow my character when he was thrown over it.  If you think dodging hail is bad, how about dodging raining politicians. 

Also, all of the combatants in the water are drowning. 

EDIT: I'm questioning what will be the priority for the combatants in the water.  Get out of the water, or pulp the enemy.  If that's the military priority, I'm getting my guy temporarily off the military, so he has a chance to crawl out.  I need thoughts on this.

EDIT2: and I'm dead.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:52:04 pm by Carefulrogue »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: July 07, 2017, 06:12:00 pm »

Did they drown too?
My mods and forum games.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: July 07, 2017, 06:21:27 pm »

Did they drown too?
Nope, they've crawled up out of the water and now are murdering the livestock. 

Well, this was more exciting than I thought it would be.

12th Felsite, 560
Presently I’m filling in the role of Gamer Commander, as we presently lack anyone for the position.  Impossible to replace anyone under those conditions.
(OOC, I think the military is broken.  My character stayed assigned to “The New Warmen” even after receiving the new assignment orders.)

14th Felsite, 560
Fellow by the name of Catten has claimed a mason’s station.  Seems like a nut to me, keeps muttering, and about cloth, bones, and gems.  Colors too?  Stones, etc.  I don’t know.  We have better things to do.  Like find that equipment I need for the new squad. 

2nd Hematite, 560
I sometimes think it’s a miracle no one is killed by the falling trees as a result of the wildfire.  It’s raged for several days, with smoke and dust hanging over the entire area.  I think though, we can thank the sometimes overt hatred of the surface for that boon, little as it may be.  The other overseers of this place never seemed to like having to deal with the surface’s troubles. 

4th Hematite, 560
Shit.  The politicians have arrived.  What’s worse, is I don’t think I’ll make it inside before they get me.  Best to make a stand here.

Events from 6th Hematite, 560
A dollar whizzed past Rogue’s head, as he struck against the Obama fundraiser, his shield the only weapon available to him.  Colliding the shield into the fundraiser’s knee with all his force available, he watched as the creature  folded into the ground.  Not dead.  Yet.

Between striking viciously at the fundraiser, and dodging the new attacks, Rogue weaved his way through all the incoming strikes, still dealing immense amounts of damage to his enemy, still prone on the ground.  Smashing the shield onto the head a final time, he turned to a Gary Johnson flag waver, and charged. 

For a brief second, as before he collided, he saw surprise on the flag waver’s face.  Perhaps it was the brutality of the kill, or the weapon used, or just the fact a half clothed forumite--mostly unarmored--was even daring to fight back. 

Smashing the Johnson supporter backwards, Rogue pivoted and struck the Rick Santorum flag waver next to the now empty space where the Johnson support was.  The two broke into a duel as attacks back and forth continued to miss, and he used the shield to bloody the flag waver’s hands, over and over again.

Eventually the hands became too injured to really serve any good defense.  With a solid strike with the shield, he balled up his left fist, and punched the flag waver.  Each time a solid crack echoed through the din, rattling up his arm.  The only other sounds were the slogans being yelled by the other politicians, and the whisk of their weapons finding only air. 

A Huckabee flag waver imposed itself between him and his original quarry, then became the focus of the attack.  A Clinton supported tried to step in, but received the same attacks.  Alternating between the two, when the moment appeared, Rogue body slammed the Clinton supporter away from the circle of those attacking him, and went back after Rick Santorum’s supporter.

Strike after strike, it soon became meaningless violence.  A dance even.  Unable to strike many blows that killed, survive was the best he could do.  Blows were blocked, dodged, evaded, and a few even hit.  But it wasn’t enough to slow him. 

A Gary Johnson supporter slammed into him from one side, through a Bernie supporter, and to the ground.  Sliding a few rough feet, he could feel his left hand light up as if on fire.  His head collided with a small rock, and he knew there’d be a bruise.  At least the rock slide straight under him when his torso went over it. 

Suddenly the ground fell away from his head, and falling head first, he fell into the crevasse behind him.  A dozen politicians jumped in after, eager for the kill. 

“Well fuc-” he was able to get out, before crashing into the water below.  He rolled around in the water, finally found his feet, and then wanted to yell in pain as copper dollar slammed into his lower body.  He felt it enter, and as he bobbed up and down in the water trying to escape, dodging out of the way of the politicians crashing into the water around him. 

A Trump supported crashed down near him, and as it stood, stuck Rogue in the gut.  Convulsively sucking in air, he felt he wanted to empty the contents of his stomach, as the rest of the politicians around took advantage of the sudden weakness of their foe.  As if in slow motion, he watched as they flags dug into him, arms and legs and torso bloodied and torn.

Rogue attempted to block the blows, but shots fell down from above, as more politicians emptied their weapons onto the dying Gamer Commander. 

As the final blow struck, the eyes of the commander flashed with anger and purple energy, before the Christie flag waver cracked the head open.  Nothing remained but a lifeless shell.

The squads rushed up the stairwell, and out through the gate, they could hear the echos of combat, where fighting was occurring above them.  The last of the men rushing out, then heard a splash.  Turning on a heel, they ran back towards the farms, yelling for their commanders to come with. 

From the front of the column, already outside, Apiks heard, and saw his men turn and run back in, and followed on their heels.  Who was under attack, and by how many was still unknown.

Rushing into the farms, soldiers instantly began fighting for control of the pastures, dead animals and forumites littering the ground. 

Red Hammer entered the room, sizing up a Clinton supporter, and knocking the enemy to the ground.  From one enemy to another, she worked her way through the ranks. 

Eventually, the tiny force lay dead. The handful of semi-drowned politicians were dispatched, and then army then pivoted to deal with the main contingent of the enemy army advancing towards the murder hole. 

Can anyone explain to me the reasoning the forumite I had would strip down after being assigned to a new squad with identical equipment requirements?  This is the reason I my guy was fighting with only a shield and no weapon.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:10:41 am by Carefulrogue »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 202