Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505470 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #1935 on: August 08, 2017, 07:42:11 am »

FINALLY! Thank you Lord Lemonpie.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:43:44 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: August 08, 2017, 10:43:46 am »

I can feel it has returned. I don't know what kind of being, if one at all, it is. After several years of blindness, I can finally see. Finally again, the hundred hands of Afer, feeling every bit of dirt it can reach. The boiling wroth of Masea, destroying whatever falls in. The eternal light and colors of Lord Omer, the great and mighty. Not seeing the gods is like not seeing at all. And now that I can see, I am blissful. I can finally lead the mites and womites of this fortress again. And with my vision, I shall try and bring them greatness once more. Happiness is a scarcity these days, but it is a luxury I will strive to provide.

Arx was leading the fortress now. He took the mantle of leadership over from Rogue, who in turn inherited it from Flame. Before that, Gwolfski, Enemy Post and Alias ruled. Six men, ruling after me. The time that had passed had truly been too long. Just as I strode out of Omer's chapel, I bumped into Arx. I was about to blurt out my revelation, when he simply handed over the rule to me. That made things a lot easier, I must admit. If Arx hadn't, I'd've had to seize power either through diplomacy or stage a coup. Not something I was interested in. Not something the fortress could afford in this time of dire need.

I thanked him, and started my rule. A lot had to happen, in the name of the Gods.

The church had been a mess for months now. Someone had set loose the black bear ritually chained up in the church. Blood and viscera still littered the floor, where the bear had wrought its onslaught. The bear's corpse still laid there as well, now nothing more than dusty skin draped over gleaming white bone. I had intentionally left the church like that, to show the world what happened to those who refused the Gods in their harts. That, and the fact that it was a lot of cleaning. I'd have to address the mess later. There were more urgent matters to attend to.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There was one issue though: there was no dangerous ritual creature chained up in the church. And that was definitely a requirement to please the gods. As I looked through the stock ledgers, I saw a creature that would do. It would be even better than a measly bear. Better precautions would have to be taken, though.

One of them was the issue of overcrowding. Dozens of animals were locked in the same pasture, which had turned into barren soil littered with starved corpses and fighting animals. I assigned all overgrown rooms to be used as substitute pens, even those with workshops in them. Cattle meant food, and food was essential. And so, the great exodus of farm animals began. The fighting pens cleared, once and for all. It was quite some work, but it paid off eventually. Additionally, I had all edible plants growing on the top floor of the fortress harvested.

Unbeknownst to me, we also have an exorbitant amount of unrefined adamantine stored. Praise the Gods, for it will surely strengthen our armies. Someone, however, has deconstructed our magma forges. Something will need to be done about that.

Apiks has given his shield a ridiculous name. Volalrîthol, "the White Noble". Everyone knows that the nobles in this fortress are all dark brown, and not white. Maybe he chose for the name because of the impossible feats he's able to perform with it? He truly is a tactical mastermind, I must admit.

Just as things started getting sorted out, disaster struck. A monstrous Werebull arrived. Just as people were moving outside to gather whatever still remained there. Two people perished in the ensuing attack, and many more were wounded. Only two were bitten though, and one of them lost the arm he was bitten in. That left one remaining infected. Granny Eshtân. A legendary brewstress, loved by all. She had survived for over a century in this cursed world, only to turn into a wretched monster. And turn she did. The guards were already surrounding the frightened old lady when she turned, so she did not last long. Still managed to bite two kids, one of which was bitten in the eyelids. Poor things, I fear they'll turn as well. Only time will tell.

As Granny Eshtân sunk to her knees, something tingled in my bones. A legendary number. A number that marked the beginning of the end.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: August 08, 2017, 10:54:15 am »

I think the Necrothreat inscription looks much better streaked with blood like that.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: August 08, 2017, 10:57:29 am »

More... uh... thematic I'd say.

Also I don't think I've ever had a forumite survive for so long that they keep doing new ingame achievements. Also, is this Lord_lemonpie the original one? He did not die?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: August 08, 2017, 11:18:40 am »

More... uh... thematic I'd say.

Also I don't think I've ever had a forumite survive for so long that they keep doing new ingame achievements. Also, is this Lord_lemonpie the original one? He did not die?
Yep, he's the original one! I do think he perished in Taloniswolf's turn due to a ghostly cheesemaker, but that save didn't end up being used in the long run due to corruption (?)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: August 08, 2017, 08:18:23 pm »

FINALLY! Thank you Lord Lemonpie.
What do you mean, finally? I forumited you at the end of my turn! I think this is the second Quill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: August 08, 2017, 08:22:18 pm »

I feel like at some point we decided that that one was non-canon. I don't know. We just didn't think about it.
*shrugs*
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: August 11, 2017, 07:35:45 am »

Sorry to double-post, but... any news?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: August 11, 2017, 02:35:36 pm »

Tirelessly, the four soldiers have been training. They have proven to be ruthless monsters, machines made to churn the flesh of unbelievers. They sacrifice so much, spending all day battling each other. Three of them had been masters of their respective weaponry. Only Rogue had lacked behind. Yet, in an amazing feat of bravery, he finally managed to disarm the other three simultaneously. After such time and effort, he had finally reached a level similar to the others. In front of the entire populace, I bestowed upon him the title of "Axe Lord"

Work had been going too slow. Too much to do, not enough hands to do it. Corpses had to be buried, booze to be brewed and halls to be dug. I was about to assign the soldiers to working duty, when one of the forumites came running at me. "Migrants! Migrants to the North!". It had been long since a reinforcement. Eight or so forumites arrived, bringing their supplies with them. Their hands will certainly be put to good use.

With the help of these new workforces, we have finally managed to finish it. Finish the outer fortress. For decades we toiled. We have lost dozens of lives due to openings in the roof and walls. But finally, it is done. Finally, we can live in safety. Only one wall needs to be constructed for us to be safe again. Finally, we are a true fortress.

One of our fishery workers has managed to get himself stuck in a tree. For weeks, now. I've designated the thing to be cut down, but no one is willing. There's plenty of axes and chainsaws lying around, but none wish to dirty their hands. Therefore, I've still had to assign the militia to cutting down trees. Apiks cut the lad down, and gladly enough he wasn't hurt. Shows what good clothes can do for a forumite.

One of the forumites has set his mind to making a masterpiece again. Let's hope he doesn't kill us all while attempting it. I'll have him imprisoned if his creation involves either bones or headwear. His death is imminent if it involves both.

Doren, our resident swordmaster, has chosen to rid himself of all military equipment. He now roams the fortress, looking for more to wear. Dresses, specifically. As of now, he's wearing four. An incredible feat for someone as buff and masculine as him. The Gods have truly chosen their champions wisely. I am strongly considering beatifying him.

Both bitten children have turned, unfortunately. Screaming with agony, their rosy skin transformed into dark-haired fur, as horns sprouted from their skulls. Their fingers conjoined, and I could hear their bones snap as they merged into hooves. It must have truly been agony. They were dealt with swiftly and effeciently by the skilled militia, though Doren seemed to be somewhat hindered by the five dresses he was wearing. No more bites occurred, so we have been able to stop a disaster from happening. One of the children though, did not seem to notice she had turned. Her hideously deformed body, undoubtedly controlled still by her innocent mind, kept on playing make believe, even as Doren stabbed her time and time again. I feel bad, knowing that her soul now burns in hellfire for eternity. But it is the price for becoming such a monster in the first place.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:28:00 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: August 11, 2017, 02:49:47 pm »

I kind of thought the werebull plague would be more of a problem. Too bad about the kids.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: August 11, 2017, 03:42:22 pm »

...what in hell caused Doren to start hoarding dress armor?

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 11, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »

...what in hell caused Doren to start hoarding dress armor?
Fair question.  I've never seen such behavior before.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 11, 2017, 06:52:02 pm »

Necrothreat happened.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: August 11, 2017, 08:36:18 pm »

The White Noble. Hah. Funny, 'cause I believe that's the colour of Apiks' magic.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: August 12, 2017, 05:59:44 pm »

Couple of days left. Any new happenings?
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 202