Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505563 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2010 on: August 20, 2017, 05:41:43 am »

Somebody remind me to execute him when I get a turn on the grounds of treason.

*Whistles*

I forgive SM for his transgressions simply because it'd mean his forumite has lived for a total amount of....6 months otherwise.

That said I did warn Enemy Post >_>
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: August 20, 2017, 08:43:41 am »

The military has been revived. Dozens of us now stand at the barracks sparring with each other as another barrack is being built in the neighboring room for the Red Hammer's squad. In the barracks the former Archpriest of Omer is sparring with Doren. Needless to say the Archpriest of Omer's fury from being stripped of his title shows in his every punch. The host of Rosywander is holding up quite well though. Satisfied at the progress of everybody in the room I move onto the next project.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The gods have been defaced. No longer shall we suffer under their tyranny as they spew their lies. The Temple now lies at my hands as instead of Omer we shall pray to our savior - King Apiks. Praise be his bones! Soon we shall bring our force against the heavens. This war is ours.

Meanwhile it is time my symbol of reign was brought back. It may not have the same power, but nevertheless it will serve as a symbol of rule.

In addition I have found the former throne room dissatisfying. A new one is to be made, also housing my royal chambers and office. If our might permits, I shall even bring upon a mighty waterfall into the throne room.

But for now everything is going slow... Winter is nearly upon us, but that does not matter. We will survive! Although there is one tiny problem. It would appear the former overseers deigned us not worthy of having any food, and the sole kitchen in the fortress lies in the... VIP noble quarter. Fools! We are dying from starvation while you twiddle your thumbs! Get in the damn kitchen and make me a sandwich or it's the gallows for you!

Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: August 20, 2017, 09:28:20 am »

It's on repeat too.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: August 20, 2017, 09:33:44 am »

...so he's going to make the point of a bone crown moot. Because he'll have a ton of them all just lying around, being generic.

Congratulations Apiks on foiling your own plan by destroying the symbolism with the power of mass production.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: August 20, 2017, 09:35:53 am »

Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 20, 2017, 09:40:34 am »

The Gods will punish you for this. They'll punish us all! Mark my words, heretic.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 20, 2017, 01:32:58 pm »

Events
Rogue glanced around through the hallways, and then stepped out.  Behind him, in the room of another peasant, they slept soundly.  The room was in a state of chaos, but that only helped hide the evidence of ransacking.  He hadn't found anything, so this one gets to live.

The fortress has changed over the last few months.  Apiks had returned to power, and dwarves huddled about and rushed to and fro with fear etched into their faces.  He'd been away at the time of the coup, but he'd heard what had happened, with what uncaring decadence, and usurpation he'd seized control.  Apiks had maneuvered to get the military out of the way for it, few as they were.  Honestly though, if they'd wanted to, they could have cut him down.  One legendary soldier, is still a third the strength and skill next to three legendary masters. 

It was of no matter though.  There were other revelations learned.  A mysterious "Orchestra", apparently being some sort of organization.  He didn't know what that was, or even meant.  Was he going to round up all the musical instruments and order them destroyed, the same way Red Hammer did with the magically infused items?  What could a bunch of musicians do to a mad tyrant?

Then there was the whole transformation of the throne, the declaration of turning the queen into a whore, and mass display of magic.  A shiver crawled up Rogue's spine, uncontrolled.  He still considered himself a novice.  In the face of one that openly flaunted the power, he didn't like his odds.  Another reason to practice, and hone the art, as he did Sosasbakust.

As he walked down the hall, towards the secret library, a long abandoned idle though returned to him. 

What was behind that door I found many ... years ago.  Well, might as well see what's there.  It'd be a nice distraction, from the hunt for the clever fool who found his library.

Glass, we can now return to that long abandoned intersection.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 20, 2017, 03:43:25 pm »

I... think I may know what, precisely, you are referring to.  :D

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 21, 2017, 07:26:11 am »

All said and done, I do have a question towards you, Lemonpie.

Did you really engrave the temple the hard way, carving a track every time it didn't grant you the letter you wanted? I'm finding it incredibly tedious to do in my turn, with three times less letters than yours.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 22, 2017, 08:33:24 am »

Did you really engrave the temple the hard way, carving a track every time it didn't grant you the letter you wanted? I'm finding it incredibly tedious to do in my turn, with three times less letters than yours.
I'd love to brag and say yes, but nope. Just designated an image with a specific animal on it for each tile. Tedious by itself, but at least it's doable.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 22, 2017, 08:53:27 am »

I'd love to brag and say yes, but nope. Just designated an image with a specific animal on it for each tile. Tedious by itself, but at least it's doable.

You... you can do that?
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: August 22, 2017, 09:06:42 am »

You... you can do that?
He mentioned it a while back.  He'll have to share the key commands though.
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: August 22, 2017, 09:26:31 am »

You... you can do that?
He mentioned it a while back.  He'll have to share the key commands though.

I feel rather stupid now. I've reread the Engraving wiki page a dozen of times but completely missed the actual commands every single time. Once you've set a tile for engraving, if you hover over it, the button is d-D.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: August 22, 2017, 09:53:12 am »

Huh.  Never would have seen that.  Then again, I only want my fortress to have that nice fuzzy look to the engraved bits, not have a thousand different symbols staring up at me.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 202