Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505492 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2115 on: September 13, 2017, 05:11:06 pm »

I hope the politicians aren't too weak. Should I make them stronger next time?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: September 13, 2017, 06:00:50 pm »

I wouldn't have called them too weak. In my turn they were just facing legendary warriors with roughly the same numbers, given I kept dividing them.

As for carefulrogue taking them, it's quite probable that he was simply good at dodging. How many did he kill?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 13, 2017, 06:19:19 pm »

As for carefulrogue taking them, it's quite probable that he was simply good at dodging. How many did he kill?
1.  I had only a shield, and a bit of civilian armor.  The army came out of nowhere while I was doing cleanup after the Gamer Ambushes.  After that kill though, I kept backing up until I was knocked into that pit you started walling off.  One of those bodies is one my character iterations.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: September 13, 2017, 06:23:31 pm »

Yea, that watery pit is open to the sky.

You people do know High Lords can fly, right?

Yes, I happen to be intimately acquainted with the mod.

Good thing we're talking about politicians.

Indeed it is, good sir.
But it won't always be politicians attacking. There are less human beings out there, in the darkness, waiting.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: September 13, 2017, 07:21:16 pm »

Damn Dwarfy, nice update. I was listening to a video game ending theme and it really fit. I felt feelings.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: September 13, 2017, 08:35:10 pm »

I hope the politicians aren't too weak. Should I make them stronger next time?

They're weak in regard to other Teh LOLmod creatures, but not so weak on their own right. We just have forumites with legendary dodging skill and good gear, which makes them near invulnerable for the common peons that consist politicians.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 13, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »

Damn Dwarfy, nice update. I was listening to a video game ending theme and it really fit. I felt feelings.

What game?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: September 13, 2017, 11:30:18 pm »

You remember me, Dwarfy, right?

It was a dream. An odd one, at that. Quiet music permeated the atmosphere, and, unlike most dreams, Th4DwArfy could actually think.
The ghost hovering in front of him may have something to do with that.

Erin Quill, yes? Your mind is still intact, despite the time as Sprin? Really, I'm sorry about that; I tried to make it as painless as possible. I regret not having been able to stop him before that happened.

Listen, I want to make sure you know some things.
First off: there is no reason to regret wielding the chainsaw. For all Apiks pretends otherwise, his power rests solely in his crown; the chainsaw only gives as much influence over others as those others allow it to influence them. It is a weapon, and nothing else.
Second: the simple act of bloodshed does not call Armok. He is the god of boood, yes, but from what I have seen, it is blood shed in aggression, not in defense, that calls him. The politician that kills a fleeing forumite hears his words in their ears; the forumite that stands bold against a besieging force does not. So long as you do not kill your fellows, you are safe from the corrupting influence.

This is all I have to say to you tonight...but please, continue to keep watch over the fort. Now more than ever do the forumites need a level-headed leader, and some of them need more oversight that others. Vigilo Confido, Dwarfy. Good night.

The music goes quiet, and Th4DwArfy faded into peaceful sleep.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: September 14, 2017, 12:20:10 am »

Events
Rogue had watched the quiet resistance forming.  He'd guarded the first few that went to TheDwarfy1.  Keeping an eye out for them.  It was good to see TheDwarfy1 take charge, and stop the production of damnable crowns. 

Things changed though with the Politician invasion though.  The damned bastards showed their faces on our lands again.  Rogue was sick and tired of their slangs, and insistences.  Facing them twice and losing one life to them didn't curry love among anyone.  There numbers this around were impressive.  Losing didn't seem to impede at their strength.  Apiks had gathered the army, but then, TheDwarfy1 had ordered one of the bridges we had in the area flung open.  It was a good move, killed a fair number in Rogue's mind, weakening the enemy's number. 

The issue though, was Apiks' rage.  Rogue returned to the question of Apiks' sanity.  If the efficient and clean killing of our enemy wasn't enough to sooth his bloodlust, what would?  TheDwarfy1 had received a grilling.  His hand's been tipped I think. 

THUMP! CRASH!

Rogue's eyes shot up to the door to Apiks "throne room." He was pacing back and forth waiting for the assorted purple swirls to move towards door, or the bright white of Apiks emanating from him to move towards him specifically.  If that happened he'd bolt. 

The craftsmen had been gathered inside to have a meeting, of what sort, who knew.  But given what he'd heard, he didn't think it was going well.  His eyes returned to scanning the walls, looking through to the magical background.  Apiks was standing now, and the craftsmen appeared as if they were cowering back.  Typical.  No one wanted to test themselves against Apiks.  At least, not yet. 

Apiks moved away from where he was standing.  Towards the craftsmen.  Things were going badly inside.  He'd ask one of the craftsmen when they exited.  Hopefully in one piece. 

The time to act was closing in.  His meeting with Erin Quill only continued to propel him towards intervention.  It was merely trying to pick the time to.  TheDwarfy1 was doing good, but he'd need backup, given Apiks' murderous tendencies.  He'd provide.  He'd need to talk to him, but he'd do it nonetheless.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: September 14, 2017, 02:49:11 pm »

7th Malachite

Th4DwArfY1 had troubled dreams, that night. The chainsaw split flesh and sinew like a knife through butter, and the fierce joy in his heart was sour, so bitter-sour. Eventually, soft music took him, and with it a feeling of comfort. Words were said, and though the morning washed them away, he remembered the feeling. It would be alright. His fighting would not curse him.

But he could not trust the chainsaw in his hands. It reminded him of the beast Apiks had become. Two Apiks flickered before his eyes, the liberator of the past and the tyrant of the present. They were not compatible; one could not become the other. The Cruel King of Necrothreat was the only disease the brave Forumites of this fortress had been unable to shake off, as they had done disaster after disaster in the past.

The reason was clear. Now, they faced a Forumite. Sprin had danced with demons, and the Forumites had not stopped him. Not because they were afraid, no. Because he was one of them, and the Forumites do not forsake their own. It is our biggest weakness.

A weakness Apiks is not shackled by.

That morning, blood still caked behind my fingernails, I went to the throne room of our leader. As his bodyguard, I passed through all levels of security. Finally, only Rogue stood on guard, a thoughtful expression on his face. He saw me coming and saluted, standing to the side.

I had not asked for the salute, but I nodded anyway, and opened the doors to the room.

Inside, chaos. Th4DwArfY1 gaped to see Apiks, standing before a bin of scattered goods. In his hand was the chainsaw, and it gleamed with a deadly light. Before him was a line of Craftsmites, the very ones he had ordered to trick Apiks. Eyes flicking to the spilled bin, understanding came. A cruel smile on his lips, Apiks’ chainsaw came down.

Thinking came later. In the moment, Th4DwArfY1’s chainsaw met that of Apiks’, and each repelled the other, hissing like cats in a fight. The weapons growled at each other as Apiks stared down at Th4DwArfY1, a peculiar smile on his lips.

The craftsmites fled.

“Bodyguard. Soldier. Fellow wielder of the Chain and Saw. What is the meaning of this… interruption.” Soft velvet was never so smooth.

Th4DwArfY1, thank all the gods that be, did not have to answer the challenge, verbal nor physical. For at that moment, Red Hammer jogged into the room, a picture of practiced efficiency.

“King! The High Priest has gone mad!”

Apiks’ smile widened. “Excellent. You, worm, I will deal with later. I have bigger fish to fry right now…”

He left, and I followed. Apiks eyed me, but as a member of the bodyguard, it was supposedly my duty to guard him. A position he probably regretted raising me to.

Eventually, we came across Lord Lemonpie, the High Priest. The son of this body, its offspring and heir. He knew me, and smiled, but there was blood on his face.

Always blood, the nectar of the fire god. Sometimes it seemed gore was the cement that held this fortress together.

Before him was the beaten body of a worker, a known criminal who had defied work orders. Lemonpie seemed dazed, confused. He kept looking at the blood on his hands.

Apiks went up to him, smiling the same smile, the same one as always. A smile that spoke of nightmares and death. And then he did the unexpected. Slapping Lemonpie on the back, Apiks laughed. True, there was little gladness to it, but there was mirth.

“Lemonpie, I do believe you’ve been having entirely the wrong sort of conversation with the gods. You found one slightly more… angry… than you are used to, no?”

The High Priest seemed to finally see the injured man in front of him, and flinched in horror. “No…no! It was only one conversation… thought the frog had returned… how did it talk to me without the frog? It wanted blood.” He started to get crazed around the eyes, and backed away from Apiks. “It was all I could do… find a criminal, I thought. It would be justice, justice.” Anguish on his face, the High Priest fled to his bloodstained cathedral to pray, the booming laughter of Apiks following after.

Th4DwArfY1 could not help but wonder to which god he spoke.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And at the front entrance, the bodies of the dead politicians were rotting, sending plumes of stench into the already fetid air. They needed to be dealt with, but there was no room to store so many corpses. Only one solution presented itself, but our King would not like it.

Remembering his laughter, I did it anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Among the grand columns, rot. The bodies of the slain, twisted and contorted, lying in this most rich of rooms. Apiks’ throne room, made to look as it should. May its owner see such carnage, and be reminded of his own faults. I remember the look in Lemonpie’s face, the look of absolute terror as he looked down at his own hands.

In cold fury, Th4DwArfY1 ripped free the Adamantine door which held the throne room locked. It came free, a spray of stone coming with it.

The door was strong and light, and could hold off an invasion. And Apiks used it for decoration. The High Priest communed with blessed gods, and somehow, somehow, he was sure Apiks had polluted that too. He had been much too…expectant for it to be otherwise.

The door would go to the front of the Fortress, and be of use. And Apiks…Apiks could rot in hell, with Armok and Ur pulling out his bones. That is where he belongs.

9th Galena

Apiks was not happy. He had tried to hide it, but the loss of the door angered him. The corpses in his chambers, angered him. He could not know who had done it, but his eyes kept returning to me, hard and unyielding. Perhaps I had been too hasty, too quick.

Now that I have started, I need to act quickly.

And so I organise some trappers and Rangers into a unit. Apiks’ power holds sway over the infantry, but not these Forumites. Their wits are as sharp as their bolts. I will need them, but for now have sent them to train in secret. It is too soon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 02:54:52 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: September 14, 2017, 03:28:05 pm »

I like the redecorating.
My mods and forum games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: September 14, 2017, 03:34:49 pm »

Don't we all?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: September 14, 2017, 03:39:23 pm »

I suspect Apiks perhaps does not, for all his much vaunted love of bones XD
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: September 14, 2017, 03:44:13 pm »

I would, in fact, not be opposed to it if we, uh, had removed the meat from the bones beforehand.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: September 14, 2017, 04:12:18 pm »

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:16:16 pm by TheFlame52 »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 202