Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 515117 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2190 on: September 27, 2017, 10:24:28 am »

Yes, Forumechs are still planned. I will also give the dinosaurs lasers.

What are we going to do with this fort when the new update is released?

Play until its end.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: September 27, 2017, 12:21:21 pm »

I have no idea what you are talking about. Nope.
You'd think after the third time dealing with an aquifer and punching multiple holes into it, he would've mastered it by now...

Whatever Oddom the marksmite was doing outside didn't matter anymore. Thirteen trolls arrived mounted on horseback with lolcats and courage wolves ready to taste forumite blood. One troll, unmounted, stepped forward with mangled teeth and blood staining its clothes and mouth. A troll vampire was leading the charge, spear in hand. The lone marksmite gripped her chainsaw and started its engine as they began to descend upon her. The rest of the army had little to no time to show, but she would hold them off if it meant that it would buy them enough time for Highmax to arrive with the army. No more would she back down and cower like they were used to.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Troll warlord pulled out a horn of bone and sounded the charge as bulky trolls descended upon the lone forumite. With deft speed, she dug her chainsaw into one of those after her, tearing into his lower body with her chainsaw. Blue ichor covered her face as she dove forward into the troll dodging another's swipe. She swung her chainsaw around and forced it into the upper body of her attacker as blood and gore covered the field of corpses. Then the warlord himself attacked, his great speed being greater than that of Oddom. She blocked the attack but the trolls were descending upon her. Oddom swung her chainsaw and caught one of the lesser trolls in the arm, but not severing it. More trolls began to surround her but none could land a blow. The warlord grew furious and struck her with his spear. The strike was true, and Oddom fell like a bag of sand as her spine was severed.

But Oddom refused to die like this. Unarmed, broken, watching her life leave her, she began to use the brutality that the trolls showed her.

Biting, kicking, punching and even grappling, Oddom's body became a hurricane of attacks despite her wounds. The warlord looked on in amusement as the other trolls descended upon her like wild animals only to be injured upon trying to strike her. The courage wolves and lolcats even descended upon her, thinking her to be easy prey, but they suffered more as she tore off toes and kicked them with great force. The warlord had enough of this, and began to stab Oddom over and over, but his attacks barely damaging the forumite. Oddom began to feel weak as her fury was ending. She couldn't harm the vampire; his armor was too great. But Oddom saw one opening and took it with her last waking breath.

The roar of fury from the now half-blind troll was met with the sound of popping as stabbed his spear straight through her skull, her limp body dangling off of his now destroyed eye. The vampire let out a warcry. Despite the army being lax during the reign of King Apiks, Highmax rallied the forces to him as the army finally began to go on the move to slay this ambush. No more would they cower in the face of their foes; they were forumites of Necrothreat, the last bastion of all living.

Highmax rushed inside to grab the rest of the soldiers as heard from a scout the deeds that Oddom had done. The trolls did not know who he was, but they knew the tenacity of the forumites had changed with this new arrival. Four trolls and most of the lolcats and courage wolves deserted, as well as their mounts. The remaining trolls began to shout amongst themselves to reform, but the warlord himself marched on the fort itself as twenty forumites ran out to greet the enemy. But to the dismay of the army, many forumites were unaware of the ambush (aka ignored the burrow again) and the Queen of Masons found herself being assaulted by lolcats. The army was within sight but the Queen of Masons collapsed as they struck her unconscious.

A spearmaster arrived and saw the mangled Queen of Masons. It was by pure luck she survived and the lolcats were slain within seconds of noticing the spear coming at them. The army, rallied and angered, begun their charge at the trolls who dared to harm the Queen of Masons. The warlord stood firm, waiting for the oncoming battle. The spearmaster, along with two others, charged ahead screaming like wild animals. The warlord blew his horn, and the true fury of the ambush had revealed itself. But the army did not falter and charged the warlord.

The vampire laughed as he readied his spear. This should be easy. He struck with his spear, but his attack went too wide. Wider than it should have. The warlord tried to grip his spear with both hands, only to find his shield and his hand on the ground. The axe lord Feb remembered the Queen of Masons as an angel of mercy who saved him when he received grievous injury during the politician campaigns, and his fury was unmatched, now that someone who brought them so much hope was wounded. And Oddom? Oddom was a friend to his wife as they both served as marksmites in the army. So much pain was fueled into righteous fury as the axemite revved his chainsaw and laughed as he swung again, this time cleaving the vampire's tusk. The warlord's face of determination faded into despair within seconds. Feb brought down his weapon again as the troll tried to parry with his spear, only to have his hand shredded by the chainsaw. The warlord now saw what the axe lord was doing: he was going to make him feel the same despair that Oddom felt as she faded away.

A troll tried to jump in to aid his leader but his head was severed in an instant as the angered Feb. The forumite then dug his chainsaw into the vampire's leg, burying the chainsaw into his foot as dirt and gore flew into the air in clumps. A wrestler came to try and aid the fight but his attacks were worthless against the heavily armored vampire. His death was imminent, and despite his great power, he could not harm the axe lord.

The axe lord rendered the troll vampire helpless as his other tusk was severed. Feb had then entered a trance of fury as the vampire began to flee.

Lolcats tried to harm him, but others arrived to slay the reinforcements. The battle grew bloody and fierce as forumites fought in the ichor stained fields as the warlord, now even more crippled as he was now defanged, crawled away but was greeted with more forumites striking him. But his armor kept his vitals protected, but it was a matter of time before they would break them. Troll heads rolled as lolcats and courage wolves dashed to find weaknesses in the fourmites, but they stood firm, waiting for more of the army to arrive.

The warlord was out of options. This axe lord was upon him and his chain leggings were about to break. But he wouldn't die without wounding his enemy. He grabbed the axe lord and bent his ankle. A shout of pain as his mangled foot caused him to fall, but the axe lord revved his chainsaw and the armor finally broke apart. The axe lord would finally end his quarry at the cost of possibly never being able to stand again. The warlord looked around him and let out a small grin. A hammer lord collapsed from overexertion and was strangled to death, a marksmite was slain when they ran out of ammunition. But that changed as one forumite came, carrying a chainsaw with the words "The Abysmal Urge" in the forumite language carved into it. What struck fear into him was the spirit of a dead forumite behind him revving the same chainsaw. The warlord screamed as the axe lord came upon him and gored into his exposed lower body. Hoxad the troll vampire died a death worse than his victim Oddom as the chainsaw tore not only his flesh but his very soul as the vengeful ghost of Carefulrogue slew one who's forces dared harm the Queen of Masons.

The battle was a success, but the forumites were solemn. Five forumites were slain on this day, many of them heroes. Highmax watched over the battlefield. Although he was late to the battle, he saw the tenacity of the forumites, once rallied, were unshakeable. But he needed them to be at their peak. This three day battle sobering to everyone as the dead were brought in, one by one. Despair and tears fell as one body in particular was recovered from the battle, as Quill Arcane gave his final diagnosis.

"The Queen of Masons is dead."

just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: September 27, 2017, 01:30:01 pm »

Th4DwArfY1 sat in his rooms. They were outrageously large, crafted in a time when the hope of this fortress was new and precious. He knew, though, that those times were coming back again. That they must. For now, the Guardian walked in Necrothreat's halls, a Forumite whose prowess made even the haunting shade of Sprin quiver in fear.

It was time.

The military was now under the rule of Highmax, whose iron hand allowed no laxity. The means of production belonged to him, the workers and the workmen. We had a legitimate ruler waiting in the wings, whose hands were bruised with the injuries of honest labour. The son of this body, Lord Lemonpie, communed with the spirits and said the omens were good. A time of upheaval was coming, in which a ruler could fall. A smile on his face, Th4DwArfY1 rose to confront the Mad King, sure of his success.

The door to his room thundered open, oaken frame screaming in protest. A muscled figure stood outside, a chainsaw in hand, wildness in his eyes.

"An ambush! Curse them!"

Th4DwArfY1 froze, hand inches from the weapon on his desk. An ambush, when he was going to lead the Forumites to freedom? No mere chance.... a hard look in his eyes, the Forumite grasped once more the sweat-stained chainsaw, and readied it for war. An ominous grinding filled the room, and he nodded to the messenger. "Lead on."

----

Carnage... blood everywhere, lolcat and Troll and Forumite locked in combat. Through it all, the harsh voice of Highmax and the bellow of Apiks, twin counterpoints to the music of battle. It was like an orchestra, and Th4DwArfy1 knew the tune...

Spinning, he warded off blows, saved allies, lost friends. A sob caught in his throat as Oddom died, for he had seen in her the gleam of heroism light. And when Feb fought, his heart grew large. But always there was another to attack, another to bring low. The roar of the chainsaw was his world, and the fierce joy grew within him once more. This time, he pushed it down, thinking of Oddom, who had not spat in the eye of death. No. The glorious Forumite had seized death's eye, and torn it free! He would not dishonour her sacrifice.

Snarling, he killed one more, and blinked. It was silent, and his fellow Forumites were standing around him, sombre but for Apiks. It was done... the battle was done. He sank to his haunches, breathing hard. Armok's tithe had been paid in full, today. So many dead... when he saw the corpse of the Queen of Masons, he nearly wept, for he remembered her tender hands, the compassion in the Royal woman's heart. Her laughter as she built wall and sewed the flesh of the injured back together.

One look was enough. No needle would save her. She was gone, and Apiks was not.

Highmax wandered through the troops, a word of encouragement here, a criticism there. Th4DwArfY1 approved - such actions knit a military force together in the face of death. But he was too weary to engage, too saddened to accept either praise or encouragement. And so he left, Chainsaw heavy in his hand, and returned to his rooms. He sat down at his desk. When last he was here, there had been such hope, for a new Necrothreat, for a better Necrothreat. Such dreams were dead with the Queen of Masons, but strangely he found that his mind did not dwell on the honourable Queen. Instead, it was on Oddom and her sacrifice.

Th4DwArfY1 looked at his hands, scarred and pitted by mine and war. A single tear fell from his eye and landed, nearly imperceptible, on the desk beside him. He lifted a pen, fumbled with an inkpot, and set a sheet of paper before himself. He was no poet, but he could feel the passion rising within himself. And so scarred hands took pen and ink, and wrote.

In Necrothreat beneath the moon
Where Forumites have dwelled
There came a band which sought our ruin,
Which came with anger here.

The moon was bright upon their plate,
The river roared beside
And habergeon of eldritch hate
Was Troll-man's garb that night.

We came with Chainsaw, bolt and sword
And Highmax joined the fray
So, too, was present our mad lord
Named Apiks, bane to day.

But they were late. Too late by far
For Oddom stood before the threat
Alone, with none to help her cause.
She gritted teeth, and frowned, and stood.

And we were late! The blades came down
And blood was spilled.
The river wept in tears of blue
As she fell, dead, into the dew.

So weep! Weep, now, reader, to see
That bravery go out.
She was alone, against the armoured foe
And yet still fought with angry shout.

But do not weep for long. We saw, with eyes
That thought they must be wrong
Our Oddom held aloft, a vampire as her foe.
But she was not aloft for long.

For even as the spear was raised,
A spear soon soaked in red,
She laughed, and lunged, and vampire cried!
She'd bit him in the head!

So laugh, you, reader, laugh!
For glory at the close of day,
For Oddom, and her heart of steel
Who chose the hero's way.

In Necrothreat, the moon is full
And river bubbles by.
But we are proud of her, and sing
How Oddom took the vampire's eye!

Done, Th4DwArfY1 set aside his pen to brood, while outside the sound of the brook continued, ever moving, ever mournful.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: September 27, 2017, 02:40:51 pm »

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:43:08 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: September 27, 2017, 03:14:17 pm »

Apiks is alive.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: September 27, 2017, 03:16:56 pm »

Apiks is alive.
Only the Queen of Masons has fallen. Apiks didn't even show up to the fight funnily enough though. Probably still brooding :P

No one else named. Although I plan on returning Rogue's chainsaw to him after I reform the military

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: September 27, 2017, 03:42:40 pm »

*facepalm* I though Apiks and the Queen were one and the same. :(
Gimme a moment.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: September 27, 2017, 03:50:54 pm »

You can't, you know, destroy the soul of an important character in such a way because you don't like them anyways, you do realize that, right?

Besides, Apiks didn't inhabit a random body. It has to have some of her blood, so the new body must've been a distant relative.

In that regard I'm unsure whether he'd go through your soul process.

Well, even if we ignore that, it's well established in the Necrothreat universe that you can't destroy souls, only trap them. Otherwise story-wise we'd be destroyed in Necrothreat II.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: September 27, 2017, 04:17:52 pm »

First off, there's no guarantee that Erin's thing would have worked (or at least, I'll remove anything that would specifically imply that when it comes time to use that writeup). And him at least attempting it would make sense - he really doesn't like you, and he would try to stop you from coming back.

Second: Were you, or were you not, the Queen of Masons? I'm confused.

Third, *shrug*. There's always the fact that this happened the Orchestra; while Erin's pretty sure that the Projections are souls channeled through the Orchestra, this isn't necessarily the case.

And finally: A. I have yet to have time to read the other Necrothreat playthroughs and B. we've established that this is a new world that's been "infected" per se with stuff from Necrothreat, which means that the rules are sometimes conflicting, often confusing, and occasionally inconsistent. We could both be correct in our interpretations, with the new world's version of your soul being killed via what Erin did and the old Necrothreat part going on to whatever it would normally do.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: September 27, 2017, 05:20:25 pm »

Apiks is not the Queen of Masons. He dethroned the Queen of Masons and took her place, and since then I had been planning to replace Apiks with her.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: September 27, 2017, 05:24:02 pm »

*facepalm*
I am not the most attentive person. I thought that Apiks had taken the name "Queen of Masons", and I've thought that for... a while by now. Not sure how that happened. :-\

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: September 27, 2017, 06:49:27 pm »

Well, hello everyone, I am not dead, and I feel like writing something.

Quill stood over the water pit, animals in their pens behind him. His lord had been dirtied by the dark god Armok, it had taken him longer than he would have liked to help Omer's priest, but it was Quill's job to change that. He stood over the pit, and brushed his hands through it. His eyes glowed green and the red collected in his palm. When he pulled his hand out, clear water stared back at him, and an orb of dirty red liquid floated there, its metallic scented strengthened by it's purity. The green glow weakened as one of his eye's shifted color, turning from green to grey, and the liquid began to sizzle. White vapor drifted from it, eventually, all that was left was a ball of crimson crust, one that swiftly burnt away as the magic increased the heat. He let the ashes drift to the ground, and he walked away, towards his next location, the medical ward.

Quill walked over to the patient he had come to see. A young man who was the high priest of the god of light, Lord Lemonpie. "Hello high priest, I have come to pay my respects," Quill stated, his voice reverent, but monotone. The high priest craned his neck and smiled upon seeing the solemn child, "and who might you be my boy?" "I am the loyal servant of the deep, Quill Arcane, at your service," was his response, his voice keeping it's tone. The high priest looked surprised "You mean to tell me you serve Afer?" he questioned. "Yes high priest," Quill responded, "my lord wishes to apologies for not responding to your prayer sooner, he was weakened by the curse of Armok, but he is getting better." "That is pleasant to hear," responded the high priest, "tell your lord I bear no ill will towards him, and accept his apology wholeheartedly." "To copy your statement, high priest, that is pleasant to hear," said Quill, a smile breaking out on his normally solemn face, "now I must take my leave, I have another duty to attend to, but I wish you well, and I will see you again soon." "I'll be happy to see you then," responded the high priest with a smile.

Quill walked over to the lava, it boiled and spit angrily. Pitcher in hand, he stepped over to it, Afer shielding him from the heat, and poured the pitcher. A hiss escaped into the air, but not like the angry his of Armok's ichor boiling, but a calm and happy sound, like a sigh of content. "Your husband says hello," he said to Masea, lady of the lava, "he misses you and wishes you well, and will be happy to stand beside you again when the battle for Necrothreat arrives. The lava cooled, a message from Masea, showing she had heard him. He stepped away, his duty accomplished for the day. While opposites attracted, so did likes, so while blue magic rose from the throne, so did it rise from the depths. As Highmax gained power, so too would Afer. The elements that were there adversaries had shown their faces, Death, Blood, and Bone. Others may rise, but those were the ones they knew, and those were the ones they were ready to face. Machines would face Death, Water would face Blood, and Light would face Bone. Gods would fight Gods, and the fate of Necrothreat would be decided.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:19:01 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: September 27, 2017, 07:16:41 pm »

*facepalm*
I am not the most attentive person. I thought that Apiks had taken the name "Queen of Masons", and I've thought that for... a while by now. Not sure how that happened. :-\
Apiks relieved the Queen of Masons of her duty.

Also, you're starving yourself of something great if you didn't read the previous Necrothreats. More specifically II, because it pretty much has everything story-wise.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: September 27, 2017, 07:18:30 pm »

I have 0 times because simultaneous homework and college essays :(

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: September 27, 2017, 11:52:55 pm »

If you're only reading them a post/story section at a time, that'll do. 

As for my character, I assigned Sosasbakust to my character a few turns ago, and I presume he was still alive through this entire time.  What's the story behind that? 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 202