Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 514512 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2325 on: October 28, 2017, 05:46:01 am »

I would like a turn please. I have sorted out my pc and have enough free time and willpower to do properly.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: October 30, 2017, 03:59:27 pm »

20th Galena.
Yet another troll appeared. Monom and I were the first to arrive. That unlucky troll received the full brunt of my wrath. May the trolls realize I am not a sword to mess with.

26th Galena.
Apik's tomb has been completed, and fully sealed.
I wonder now, to whom do the Bone Crown's loyalties lie? Do they lie with Armok? Then why that business with Highmax? If not with Armok, then why did Apiks paint Omer's temple with blood?
With Ur, perhaps? In any event, I must keep Apiks from escaping, or the Bone Crown will wreak vengeance upon me. Well, Bony Crown, I've already got dibs on th revenge thing, Okay?
You desecrated Omer's temple, and persecuted his followers. For that, I have, and will, wreak vengeance upon you. After, all Omer is the God of revenge. He takes vengeance VERY SERIOUSLY.
You know, I should speak it's True Name, and weaken it.
Adorable Gates. Adorable Gates. Adorable Gates.
This is fun. Adorable Gates. Adorable Gates.
Oh. *Ahem*
Yes. Um...
This particular entry is over.

16th Limestone.
A trade caravan has arrived. With its help, we will get rid of what we don't need, and get what we do need. We don't need clothing too big for forumites. I shall get rid of this chainsaws, the damned symbol of Apiks.

17th Limestone.
My soldiers believe they have found Carefulrogue's lair. Really, if he wanted it a secret, he shouldn't have put up a sign saying "Rogue's Library".
Unfortunately, he isn't there.  Where are you going run now, Carefulrogue? I am soon going to have a 'slab' built that literally has your name on it.

23rd limestone.
The negotiations have gone with the merchants have been going well.
I was informed that a door was "Taken By Invaders". How? We don't have any invaders at the moment, though I fear that may change.

1st Sandstone.
Today, we march off into battle. The chocolate spider is in the fort. We are going to hold if off as long as we can, so the tunnel may be sealed.

3rd Sandstone.
The FB was sealed in the magma forgery, with no military casualties. But the operation was not without having civilian casualties, as three dwarves were accidently sealed in.
The casualties include:
Urist Oddomcuggan, a twelve year old child.
Urist Zagodtobul, a promising metal crafter, and Quill Arcan's mother.
Udil Borushkonos, our legendary gem setter.
They will be missed, presumably, but because of their unwitting sacrifice, the rest of the fort is saved from the chocolate rampage.

The spider... must have psychic abilities, because it just tackled a blue peahen, that was in Omer's temple at the time. The FB was behind a solid wall, and 19 z-levels away from the peahen.
How the HFS did it attack that peahen!? It must be the Bone Crown's influence, as nothing else makes sense. The peahen was surprised at being tackled through 19 z-levels of solid rock, and I do not blame it.

5th Sandstone.
The damn chocolate spider has found another path into the fort, and slew:
Shortstop Monomurin, a legendary cook.
"Quill Arcane" Jr., our legendary diagnostician/farmer.
Iton Domasashmon, a metal smith.
Atis Shedimoltar, a legendary herbalist.
Minot Rithalis, master herbalist, and competent tanner.
Roth Onulgeb, a visiting entertainer.
Olson Cogthosbut, a visiting poet.
Aztrog Arospamxu, a visiting hippie.
Stinthad Ledbubnus, the visiting proxy.
2 courage wolves.

The FB is in the library, hopefully trapped. It is spending it's time knocking bookshelves down, while we erect walls to prevent from harming additional forumites. Hopefully.
I will have to keep as crying sensor on the FB, lest it go through our defense once more,

11th Sandstone.
Carefulrogue visited Apiks in his prison. This means the tomb is not as incorporeal-proof as I thought.
I almost got Carefulrogue too, but he just dodged my slash, and the ran through a wall.

13th Sandstone.
They tell me, well Monom, that a trollfaces has gone berserk. It is just thrashing around in its cage.
In other news, the FB is on the move, but I don't have the slightest idea how it is going to get in.

Oh, if I had lungs, I would breathe a sigh of relief. It is just hunting in the caverns. It can't get in.

When does my turn end?
 Does anyone, other than Carefulrogue, want to remain in-stabbed, if possible?
The currently living named members of the fort are:
Gwolfski.
Arx.
Red Hammer.
Th4DwrfY.
Crazy Fey.
Apiks.
Monom.
Damien.
Lemonpie.
If you want a new forumite, tell me now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:26:34 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: October 30, 2017, 04:03:32 pm »

I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: October 30, 2017, 04:09:59 pm »

Shit! It got the doc!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: October 30, 2017, 04:38:53 pm »

Wow, Necrothreat really doesn't want Smoke Mirrors to have a forumite.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: October 30, 2017, 07:02:40 pm »

Wait did Lemonpie die?
Usually he's listed at the complete bottom, under the children even.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: October 30, 2017, 09:49:18 pm »

17th Limestone.
My soldiers believe they have found Carefulrogue's lair. Really, if he wanted it a secret, he shouldn't have put up a sign saying "Rogue's Library".
Unfortunately, he isn't there.  Where are you going run now, Carefulrogue? I am soon going to have a 'slab' built that literally has your name on it.

The note that says "Rogue's Library" was placed there more so as a note for overseers.  If you follow the path out of the door and into the mining tunnels, you'll see the bolded note "ENTRY RESTRICTED."  Also note, the doors, and hatches are locked.  At least they should be locked. 

Also, whomever stepped into the room is dead.  I had mentioned I had traps of all sorts placed.  And about a thousand alarms triggered, so no information for you.  All you'd find would be empty shelves by the time other soldiers marshaled and carried the word up. 

Use as you will.

Events
16th Limestone
Rogue rested a hand over his eyes in exhaustion.  There was no physical sensation, only the mental.  That bit of mental exertion though, felt many times greater in magnitude to that of physical.  The body took eight hours, bringing the mind with it.  The mind alone just halted.  A wait is infinitely longer when seconds are counted. 

Before him, lay a complex weave, a means of displaying that which is not there.  He'd watched, stolen information, and waited.  In the waiting though, he'd begun to develop his abilities, which he had now discovered were unrefined, as iron is compared to steel.  So much to learn, so much to aid in the progression of ability if only--

Red flashed across his vision, as a screech filled his ears. Carefulrogue spun aruond, looking directly at the door, towards the source.  A tripped alarm.  Someone had found the library again.  And at their peril they marched forward. 

Summoning the webs, he moved into the stone, looking for the hint of purple signifying the presence of a forumite.  And the red of a magic sword.  He finally found the purple, inching it's way along.  No sword though, although a few other items glowed about the forumite.  Rogue summoned a vine of green and struck out at the forumite.  With a yelp, the forumite stopped and started to struggle with the invisible bonds holding him in place.  Carefulrogue looked out into the hall way then, and made a judgement of the situation. 

Unfortunately, it wasn't one forumite, and the sounds echoing off the wall and the extra stirring in dust the air confirmed someone had run at the yelp of surprise.  It was the forumite in front of him he was concerned about at the moment.  The forumite struggled against the bonds Rogue held him with.  Resignation clouded his thoughts, as he placed a hand to his skull--which then resulted in another bond to tighten to keep him from wrenching away.  With a pulse of purple, the struggling stopped.  Dropping the bonds, Rogue altered his memory to ensure he wouldn't remember the encounter.  Making him turn back now would make just about anyone curious to return.  Only time would tell who Monom would receive the report from.  Time to move. 

Holding a blank memory spell Carefulrogue backed up a step.  Examining his work, he severed the line.  The forumite blinked. Glancing about he continued walking forward.  Carefulrogue moved before him, and deactivated the traps.  He would reactivate them later, with perhaps a more discerning trigger to get Monom himself. 

In the meantime though, he needed time.  Time to move the books.  With green magic at his disposal, he made the locks freeze, with water and grout.  It would take a while for anyone to beat down those doors.  Then, Rogue collected his books.  30 assorted books were picked off the shelves.  The hidden compartment in the north shelf would hide a few unimportant and older volumes.  With more green, Rogue parted a section of wall, and walked through into the cavern beyond.  He'd have to find somewhere else to keep his books. 

11th Sandstone
Carefulrogue let the threads of magic scatter.  It was fun watching the forumite swing the enchanted sword wildly in pursuit of a ghost of a ghost.  He had been able to confirm a few things, and learn a handful more.  At any point, he could visit the estranged Apiks.  Whatever unusual prison The madman was building didn't stop a clever magician.   As well, he couldn't always spot him.  Who would have thought, making a cloak of green essence would have done the trick?
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: October 31, 2017, 02:55:14 pm »

Unfortunately, my save was corrupted, so Gwolfski will just have to take Carefulrogue's save.
I will try to make up a story reason why time is turning back.

Gwolfski:Barricade any way into the caverns, so the chocolate FB doesn't get to kill anyone this time.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: October 31, 2017, 03:23:11 pm »

Normally you'd have until Sunday, but if you wish to end your turn now due to the save being corrupted, that is fine as well.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: October 31, 2017, 03:34:00 pm »

Yeah, I am just going to end my turn now.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: October 31, 2017, 06:25:36 pm »

I wrote all that, and now it disappears into smoke...
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: October 31, 2017, 06:37:49 pm »

I wrote all that, and now it disappears into smoke...

Smoke mirrors on the other hand just got raised from the dead.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: November 01, 2017, 09:30:20 am »

Apiks, if at all possible, I'd like to take back my turn. I thought that the save corruption destroyed my desire to play Necrothreat, but I was wrong. I'm having fun implementing my earlier strategies, but with the perspective of someone who got to see any problems with them. Now Quill Arcane isn't going to die!
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: November 01, 2017, 10:15:48 am »

Gwolfski hasn't accepted his turn yet so I guess you can do that, though you still have to respect the time limit. Just write extra and you'll be good.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2339 on: November 01, 2017, 02:32:24 pm »

ah okay then, I'll wait
(just sent a pm)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 202