Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 516715 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2445 on: December 05, 2017, 01:46:09 pm »

The gods are evil. They are good. They are light and death and joy and darkness. They are everything.

And I hate them all.

-----

Apiks shoulders his chainsaw. The door before him is open. He grins.

Freedom once more.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 05, 2017, 02:40:12 pm »

There are plenty of people in this fortress that aren't allied with gods we're diametrically opposed to.  We're just predisposed writing papers, and taking exams.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: December 05, 2017, 05:09:10 pm »

Oh, looks like I never took a turn this fort. Put me on the list.
I'd enjoy having an overseer that wasn't pledged to one of the gods that we're specifically meant to oppose. ._.
I always tried to destroy as much magic and chaos as I could during my turns.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: December 05, 2017, 05:19:15 pm »

You did take a turn, TheFlame52. Your achievements I think included making an arena?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: December 06, 2017, 05:59:48 pm »

Apiks lie on the cold hard stone of what Gwolfski called his tomb. He lie there, in tatters with his now rusting chainsaw and armor rested up against the coffin as he looked into the empty pot next to him. Food and drink were all gone, and he knew that his magic was no help here. He eyeballed his chainsaw, contemplating if he could find a way to escape. But he would lose strength if he tried, and would wither away without sustenance. His stomach growled and echoed softly through the room, reminding him that every moment he spends thinking he isn't working on escaping.

A noise spooked him as he heard a loud clicking noise. Apiks crawled over to investigate, pressing his hands against the walls that sealed him in, hoping madness wasn't claiming him. Then a feeling of despair fell over him. Even if there was a way out, some unknown force was keeping him here. Then he heard a voice seemingly coming from everywhere.

Be free, Apiks

He pressed his hands against the back wall and his hands phased through into an unworked and abandoned hallway. The rough stone against his hands felt welcome. It wasn't much, but perhaps this would mean he won't die today.

Lurching himself forward into the dark, Apiks found a ramp and slid down, finding what appeared to be an old abandoned Noble quarters. He couldn't tell its familiarity as he smelled something in a side room. A door sealed by mechanics blocked his way, but what he sought was in here: a single serving of reindeer biscuits and a well.

"Are you sure we should be following Monom's orders?"

"I don't trust her one bit. First she says nothing for gods know how long and now she starts barking orders. I say to hell with her and be on our way!"

Three fourmites tasked with removing walls stood before their task. It would take time, but they figured that as long as the unknown "burrow" power held sway over Apiks, he wouldn't be able to escape even with the walls. But why risk it?

"Apiks dug his own grave when he put on that damned crown and damned us all. He deserves this more than anyone."

You three are going to start working now or I'll make sure the undead kill you first

The three forumites, all stunned, frantically scanned the area for the voice. They turned to the wall and saw a ghostly hand rip out of it, gripping one of the fourmites, lifting him off the ground.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do I make myself clear?

The forumites fearfully shook their head in agreement as the apparition disappeared and quickly went to work. In a few hours of work, the forumites working started to hope and pray Apiks was dead; that this was all for nothing. The forumites broke down the wall and unlocked the door; the moment of truth.

Apiks sat their leaning in his chair while his feet were placed upon a dining table, clad in his full armor, chainsaw in his lap and looking cleaner than any other forumite despite being thought to been trapped in the mud for so long.

"Its about time..." Apiks smirked as the forumites looked stunned, rising from his seat and shoving his way past the three awe stricken forumites.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Did you miss me?"
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:04:44 pm by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: December 06, 2017, 06:05:54 pm »

I just realized Apiks was locked in the Lincoln Memorial.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: December 06, 2017, 06:15:56 pm »

I made it sound like he was trapped, but he was stuck in there with a stairway up to the burrow he was stuck in, with the food/well there. He escaped down there when he woke up (as seen in the last screenshot of him) when I took off the burrow. He actually even got himself cleaned in time to look like a badass for his escape.

Although we should be careful with him. He's got pus coming out of his face (its not my fault, I swear!)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: December 06, 2017, 06:22:58 pm »

Hail to the king, baby.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: December 06, 2017, 07:33:04 pm »

"Mr. King sir? .... your face has pus all over it."
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: December 06, 2017, 08:55:28 pm »

At the last rogue Carefulrogue stuck his head through the wall and said, "what?" A look of total confusion covering his face.  Then he realized Apiks was free.  The head disappeared like it was never there, as Rogue dove through floor after floor, heading for the hidden study.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: December 07, 2017, 02:11:04 pm »

How did Apiks get to the Lincoln memorial? I had him several floors up in an actual tomb, that didn't have any way out.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: December 07, 2017, 02:26:52 pm »

Exactly what I wanted you to think.

All according to plan.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: December 07, 2017, 05:19:50 pm »

You did take a turn, TheFlame52. Your achievements I think included making an arena?
Not this fort, but the last one.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: December 07, 2017, 05:54:36 pm »

I am dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 202