Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505522 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2475 on: December 17, 2017, 02:38:41 am »

Undead in the offices?  Never noticed. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: December 17, 2017, 07:45:15 am »

They're office zombies.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: December 17, 2017, 02:32:49 pm »

Undead in the offices?  Never noticed.
Clerks.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: December 18, 2017, 03:04:39 pm »

Just a few spelling corrections for your post, Highmax.
"Carefulrouge" should probably be "Carefulrogue", unless he is really careful with his makeup.
"scholars scholars" should be "scholars".
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: December 18, 2017, 03:06:11 pm »

"Carefulrouge" should probably be "Carefulrogue", unless he is really careful with his makeup.
Dagnabit I didn't even notice that.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: December 18, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »

Carefulrouge: Paint me like one of your french girls, monsieur artiste!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: December 18, 2017, 06:19:38 pm »

Running DF, doing assignments and doing the write up all at once isn't a good idea and I'll of course make some mistakes. Fixed accordingly
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Q
« Reply #2482 on: December 28, 2017, 02:10:48 pm »

Highmax stood over the great magma sea, staring into the lifeblood of the world. Magma was what forged his weapon and every Highmax's blade before him. It served as a tool of creation and destruction. But Highmax wasn't a fool like Gwolfski who wished to harness its power and majesty. Highmax scratched at his matted beard, now fully grown, as he turned to the few scholars he had brought here. "It is time. Your research has proven to me all that I needed to know." He rose up his hand and each of the eight scholars made a gagging sound before they began to vomit blood and collapsing. Highmax watched them writhe in agony before their skin began to shrivel up. "I cannot let you tell anyone of what I plan to do. If this truly is an amalgamation of the other worlds, then Ur's body is here. Your sacrifice will not be in vain; think of yourselves as giving the ultimate sacrifice for the cause." The blood rose up and turned into the black substance he left all over the temple before dropping again, coating the mumified bodies with its thick texture.

"May the powers that side with Necrothreat forgive me."

Quill dropped his things in shock and horror as Dwarfy carrying his son broke into his room. "Highmax is doing something to Masea. Afer and Omer call for us to save her!" Quill grabbed his notes and a strange, foreign object. "I didn't have time to test it, but this HAS to work. Someone go get Rogue. He plays a vital part in all of this." The pair rushed off to grab the others while Quill looked down at the object. It all rested on this working.

The magma sea began to churn as if a storm brewed underground as Highmax stood before it. "If I have to kill another god to stop the undead, so be it. You're just in my way..." Magma hissed at him as it splashed in unnatural ways, but the magma sizzled before him, as if something blocked the magma from harming him. "Do not be afraid. I don't know if gods have an afterlife, but I can tell you the hardest part is dying. I just need to do one thing and it will all be over. Then you can send me to whatever hell awaits me for the sins I committed."

Apiks lurched over his desk. Something was wrong. Regret filled him as he grabbed his chainsaw, but he didn't know for what. Some unknown part of him was forcing his hand. A past life? The crown? The gods he refused to acknowledge? He didn't know, but he headed down towards the forges where the magma sea was and began to start the engine of his weapon.

Lord Lemonpie grunted as the air grew hotter, with the very air making a high pitched whining sound from heat. "Masea is screaming... She's in pain..." Highmax was just before them with his arms up. The magma sea tried to swallow him, but Highmax was unscathed. "Highmax you devil! What are you doing!?" Highmax turned and faced Lemonpie, his arms still outstretched. "This world holds Ur's body. If I cannot storm his fortress with all the powers of the world, then I will do all I can to destroy the empire he built, even if it means I die in the process." Quill began fiddling with the object as Lord Lemonpie spoke up again. "Stop what you're doing! You're killing Masea! You're going to kill the very world we're living in!" Highmax shook his head. "That's the idea. This 'Masea' is the only thing standing in my way from purging the Ur from existence. If a god cannot harm me, neither can you."

The magma sea around Highmax began to turn a sickly brown and green color. The magma made a high pitched squeal from the reaction as magma rose up to swallow Highmax. But the magma turned to that sickly color, and Highmax turned back. "Shhhhhh.... It will be over soon... Just let me work my magic." Quill gave out a shout at Highmax as he stood up, back turned. "Monom, stop this. You don't have to be hurt anymore. Rosywander is gone. Your son is alive." Highmax grunted before making a strange jerking movement to turn around. "I know Monom's memories. She gave up her humanity to Rosywander the day her children were slain. She is nothing but a husk with that. I gave her body a use than just as a puppet." Highmax let out a burst of blood that forced the poisoned magma up, hoping to swallow the other fourmites. "Mother!" the voice of a child said before Highmax let out a womanly scream that wasn't his own.

Lord Lemonpie opened his eyes and saw a barrier of bone before him. Apiks walked forward with the chainsaw quietly humming over the churning magma. "Look Monom! The gods have returned your child to you!" Quill lightly pushed forward the small child who looked at Highmax in horror. The womanly shreiking grew louder as the poisoned magma began to bubble uncontrollably. Two voices came from Highmax.

"My son! He's alive!"
"You don't HAVE a son anymore!"
"Come to me my child!"
"I don't have a son!"
"Let me feel you in my arms again my child!"
"Stop!"

Highmax began flailing as his body made unnatural cracks and bends again, as his body began to return to being a hybrid of a man and a woman. The magma sea stopped flailing and Highmax stood up, roaring in fury before something pierced him. Not the body of Monom but his spirit. Highmax looked down and saw Monom's unconcious body before him and looked up to see Carefulrogue piercing him with a spectral spear. "I... Can't die... Not while Ur is still alive..." Rogue twisted the spear as Highmax's spirit made a grunting pain. "Your 'son' will see to the job that you failed to do, Highmax." Highmax's face went to one of pure fury as he roared. "DAMN YOU, CAREFULROGUE! CURSE BE UPON ALL OF NECROTHREAT! MAY YOU ALL SHARE IN THE SAME, TWISTED FATE THAT I DIE A SLAVE TO!" Highmax's spirit let out a burst of red energy laced with blue, harmlessly passing through everyone present. The magma sea receded back into the depths as Lord Lemonpie sighed. "It is done... Thank you Quill. And thank you Morul, for being brave enough to aid us."

Quill pulled off the object from the child and the disguise was gone. Lord Lemonpie turned to Quill. "You saved not only Necrothreat and Masea, but the very world itself. We all agree to never speak of this outside of here, and to keep your knowledge a secret." Quill bowed before taking his leave, letting a confident grin escape him as he walked away.

Arx walked over to Monom's body and picked up Highmax's sword and unsheathed it. "You chose to walk through the realms of death, against the undead where all other faltered. May you lie at rest eternally with your curse being broken. May your insatiable thirst for slaying the undead flow through this blade, may the blood on this sword never dry, and may we never need you again..."

The young child stood in wonder as he put his hand over his eye. It seemed to sting without warning all of the sudden...

((Save incoming. DFFD doesn't always work with me and my slow internet, so if someone can reupload it there after I post it on mediafire, I'd appreciate it. Really sorry I couldn't do as much with the save as I wanted to...))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: December 28, 2017, 02:35:25 pm »

Is Masea the name of the magma, like Afer is the aquifer? Has Masea been mentioned before?  I don't remember that name being mentioned before.
Also, congratulations on the awesome post.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: December 28, 2017, 02:46:33 pm »

Not sure why I hadn't done this earlier...

Hmn?

It was a busy day in Erin's lab. Well, for Erin, at least. He was fine-tuning a small device that Sydney couldn't determine the function of.

Contacting a friend. He should be able to help me out with this. Aaaand... yep, there we go. A pair of lights blinked on on the device; one green, the other indigo.

Hello, this is Erin Quill, requesting contact from Aaron Blaze. I repeat, this is Erin Quill, requesting contact from Aaron Blaze. Do you copy?

A moment passed by.
"Hear ya loud and clear, mate. On my way."

There was a blue flash from the back ceiling of the lab, and then a *thud*.

Sydney turned around. A moderately tall person was standing there, wearing a white t-shirt, a pair of cargo pants, and a red blindfold, carrying a plain quarterstaff.
"'Hoy there, EQ. What seems to be the..." Aaron trailed off.

Sydney blinked. Aaron was right by Erin and the mechanism, and waving his quarterstaff through Erin's body, leaving small trails of static.
"Ye got yourself killed again. I thought we'd talked about this, mate, be more careful with the teleporters. Those things can be dangerous."

This wasn't a teleporter accident, Aaron. Regardless, my death isn't the point; happened a couple years ago. I've been getting along mostly fine. It's only the recent events that point to it being more important than usual that I have the ability to directly interact with the top-siders. Can you-"Already on it."

Aaron tapped his fingers to the side of his head twice. A small set of crystals rose to the surface of his skin. "Alright, Erin needs a new body again. Could ya send over-" Let them know that mechanical ones won't work here. Not sure why. "...alright. Mates, send over a clone or something, no metal pieces or anything. Erin, do ye have any left over DNA samples from your old body?" None, sorry. "Very well. Just send over the most convenient one, people. Try to keep it male, though. EQ, body should be here in a couple of days. Be careful not to lose this one. See ya."
Aaron tossed a small scroll up into the air, caught it in a burning hand, and in a flash of blue ashes, disappeared just as he had arrived.

...the hell just happened?!?

That was Aaron Blaze. He's over from Chron. Alternate dimension stuff, you understand. That scroll's a Portal Scroll, original designs are from Wraeclast. Overall, point is, I'll have a body that I'll be able to accomplish stuff with soon. I'll send them back a request to make sure that there's a few more on standby for you and some of the others down here, but we need somebody that knows what they're doing to stay down here and maintain the lab, so we can't both be topside at the same time. Sorry. If I die again, you'll get the next turn.
But for now, it's just waiting.

Yes, Masea has been mentioned before; I believe it started with Lemonpie making a secondary entity to match Afer. Magmasea and Aquifer. You can probably just use the search function to find the first mention.

EDIT: Found it. As I suspected, Masea was Lemonpie's doing.

EDIT2: And yes, this entry means I want Erin Quill re-forumited.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:53:55 pm by Glass »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: December 29, 2017, 12:49:35 am »

Upload got interrupted while I was at work. It'll be up soon.

EDIT: Found it. As I suspected, Masea was Lemonpie's doing.

EDIT2: And yes, this entry means I want Erin Quill re-forumited.
We already have a Quill? Don't remember if the first name matches. No fourmites died on my turn surprisingly. I guess the Queen of Masons was death enough :P

EDIT:
Da save
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:08:25 am by highmax28 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: December 29, 2017, 12:55:27 am »

Erin Quill, magitechnician. Just go back to the start of the thread, you'll find him pretty quickly.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: December 29, 2017, 06:07:59 am »

The save file has been reuploaded to DFFD as Highmax28 requested. Now we move on with the turnlist and reach Th4DwArfY1.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: December 29, 2017, 01:22:39 pm »

Will start Monday.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 01, 2018, 10:51:08 am »

Okay! Downloading. Got caught up on Highmax's latest post, and I have to say, you did a very good job of making him extra creepy. Yikes.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 202