Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505496 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2550 on: January 24, 2018, 09:24:28 am »

I recall he said he was sick when I last heard from him. Given how awful I am right now, I get him not really stepping up right away. Rather be at your peak and make quality content than be subpar and make subpar
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: January 24, 2018, 09:53:51 am »

I recall he said he was sick when I last heard from him. Given how awful I am right now, I get him not really stepping up right away. Rather be at your peak and make quality content than be subpar and make subpar
My bad then.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: January 24, 2018, 11:15:43 am »

Sorry if this makes assumptions about Lemonpie he doesn't want. Consider it fanfic and not canon.

His faith was fluid as the wave
And heart with love was full;
Alas for Lemonpie the priest
Whose spear had long gone dull.
A fire was in his eye,
And vengeance in his soul
When with the bear he strove,
Once more to be made whole.

The god of Rainbows looked away
As night o'ertook the day
And dark things dire and grim
Emerged from dens grown dim.
The stamp of beast was on their face
Who turned from their own race
To feel the ground beneath their paws
And blood about their jaws!

The Highpriest made a deal
His fate on earth to seal
And went below the ground
Where hateful things abound.
He bore no weapon, sang no song
Nor prayed no prayer righting wrong.
Instead, his limbs accursed
His thoughts turned to the worst.

A green light split the murk
And growling echoed deep,
But never could the dark
Withstand that fearless shape;
All hunched and muscle bound
The bear lurched forward,
Clung to the priest with darkling sound
And pierced his leg. How foul the teeth!

Alas for Lemonpie of fluid faith
His god is but a passing wraith
And though he stands, so proud!
The moon embraces with a shroud
His features strong and firm -
There, nature's truth we learn.
Where now is Lemonpie
The placid, wise one?
Where is he who talked with gods
And painted colours on our walls
Beseeching patience, promising honour?
Where is he?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: January 24, 2018, 12:30:47 pm »

It very well could have been created by a forumite that witnessed the event, and was moved to write what you penned. 
I like making in-world justifications.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: January 24, 2018, 01:08:13 pm »

Sorry if this makes assumptions about Lemonpie he doesn't want. Consider it fanfic and not canon.
Don't worry about it, I love it! I'll consider it canon if it's okay with you :P

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: January 27, 2018, 11:03:29 am »

It's taken way too long for me to get started on this so please skip me.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: January 27, 2018, 11:17:12 am »

Looks like it's my turn! I'm actually kind of glad that I went immediately after Th4DwArfY1. I already have an idea as to how the power shift could happen. Downloading the save now.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: January 27, 2018, 11:54:55 am »

Nice! Good luck.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: January 27, 2018, 05:10:45 pm »

Red Hammer was angry.

That morning, she'd awoken alone. She sat up. Her head pounded with the beginnings of a migraine. Already in a bad mood, she went to the drink stockpile for a drink. She opened the door to see a forumite draining the last drop from a pot. The last pot. He apologized and pushed past her. Red Hammer gritted her teeth and stalked in the direction of the other drink stockpile.

As she approached, she could hear Vabok's ghost screaming through the door. The sound sent a jolt of pain through her head. She decided sobriety was preferable to the pain. Fuming, she started toward the barracks. Forumites pressed themselves against the walls of the narrow staircase to avoid her.

Red Hammer stomped down the entrance hall, stepped over a dog corpse, and pushed open the door of the prisoner stockpile. The politicians' curses stoked her rage hotter. A glare sent the politicians stumbling back from their cage bars, faces full of fear. Then she tripped on a cat. The politicians laughed. Red Hammer walked through the other door.

Finally in the barracks, Red Hammer chose Zaneg as a sparring partner. During the fight, she barely restrained herself from turning him into a pile of bloody scrap metal. Thoroughly defeated, Zaneg called a time out. He stepped back and took a swig from his flask. Red Hammer did the same, but realized her flask was empty. She left to refill it. Through the door, past the politicians again, and down the hallway. Then she tripped on the dog corpse.

Sprawled on the floor, Red Hammer's vision turned red. She stood up. She turned around. She looked at the dog corpse. Suddenly, that dog corpse, which had lain there for ages, represented everything wrong with the fortress. The magic. The gods' meddling. But most importantly, the mess. Not a single overseer had made any attempt to clean up the fortress since she was overseer, twelve years ago! The hammer rose. The hammer fell. The dog's skull became dust in the air.

Flask forgotten, Red Hammer walked back through the prisoner stockpile. Without looking or breaking stride, her hammer splattered a Rick Santorum's head against the walls of his cage. The rest shrank back.

Dripping with blood and brains, Red Hammer burst through the barracks door. "TH4DWARFY1" she roared, "FACE ME!"

Th4DwArfY1 turned, simultaneously blocking a blow from his partner. Everything stopped.

"FACE ME!" she shouted again. The two fighters stepped into the center of the barracks.

Th4DwArfY1 was unsure what had come over his comrade. He began with a cut to the side, chainsaw off. Red Hammer blocked it and responded with a hammer blow that would have crushed his head if it had connected. She was serious. He revved his chainsaw. His next cut went for her hammer arm. Descending chainsaw met ascending hammer. Steel met bronze. Th4DwArfY1 looked in horror as his chainsaw blade bent, chain flying wild. Red Hammer's next blow was blocked by the chainsaw's hilt. Delicate mechanisms scattered across the floor as the casing was turned into scrap.

Another blow hit him in the chest, sending him sprawling. He lost his hold on his weapon. He reached for the scepter at his waist, held it out to block the next blow.

The hammer rose. The hammer fell. Time seemed to slow down. The goblins on the hilt screamed. The scepter shattered into a hundred flaming splinters.

Red Hammer looked down at Th4DwArfY1. Her rage was gone, leaving nothing. She tossed her hammer aside. "I am overseer now," she said, turning. She pushed open the door of the barracks.

An orange spark flickered on the head of her ruined hammer.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: January 27, 2018, 05:57:03 pm »

Are you saying we'll finally get the hallways scrubbed clean? Damn miracle that'd be.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: January 27, 2018, 06:15:48 pm »

Are you saying we'll finally get the hallways scrubbed clean? Damn miracle that'd be.
I have marked several thousand miscellaneous body parts and clothes for dumping.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: January 27, 2018, 07:38:05 pm »

I have marked several thousand miscellaneous body parts and clothes for dumping.

In Apiks' room.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: January 27, 2018, 08:14:00 pm »

In Apiks' room.
Well, there are quite a few in there, but mostly on the surface and in the other refuse stockpile. DFhack's advanced stocks screen tells me there are 4300 items marked for dumping. I think most of those are large clothes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: January 27, 2018, 09:03:33 pm »

Bodyparts on the surface? Also, as per the end of my turn, Apiks held power. Not me.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:08:05 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: January 27, 2018, 10:11:13 pm »

Upon rereading your post, that is true. It seems Red Hammer got confused. I guess she will have to fight the bone king as well. Tomorrow, though, because it's bedtime.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 202