Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 505542 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2670 on: February 18, 2018, 12:23:36 pm »

You're right, I should have, but also I mentioned Red Hammer being wounded twice in my updates.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: February 23, 2018, 11:16:17 am »

So, I'm back, not dead, I just lost interest, and I want to get back in. Is my guy still alive?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: February 23, 2018, 11:44:44 am »

Has your guy ever been alive, SM?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: February 23, 2018, 12:00:35 pm »

There was a Quill Arcane, but he showed up soon before I left. I want to know if he is still around. It doesn't matter much, I think Arc will be different from him anyway.

EDIT: So, two things to say. One, Dwarfy, as no one ever seemed to comment on this, I just have to say, you referred to Omer as the god of water multiple times. Afer is the god of water. Omer is light. Though I think we should consider it canon that your mite doesn't know the difference. Two, a question for Highmax, your writing was great by the way, what did Arc do? Was it a purple magic illusion, or something else?

EDIT2: Once someone else posts, I'm going to do a POV post.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:12:51 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: February 23, 2018, 04:25:00 pm »

He was alive at the end of my turn. He's the chief medical dwarf.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: February 23, 2018, 04:48:26 pm »

Quill strolled through the halls, Red Hammer was at it again, destroying magic artifacts. This time, however, he noticed a distinctive spark of orange on her hammer. What, he wondered, would be her reaction if she found she was only destroying magic items because of her own magic item. Would she destroy the hammer to to stick to her creed, or be a hypocrite and declare orange magic completely ok. If she did the latter, he would have to try the trick he had been practicing, a way for blue magic to affect orange magic, extremely risky, likely to end in failure, and completely something he would do. Honestly, orange is not meant to be used for such a crusade. Orange was a defense, it was meant for protection, not for the destruction of every other magic item. Orange would not be happy, frankly, he already wasn't. Walking into his room, he saw Orange on the wall, trying to look menacing. He immediately got the impressions, "Stop the hammer crazy and the bone crazy, I command you." "Don't get your knickers in a twist," he said, "I can't get that done yet." He got the impression of a glare. "Listen," he said, "the crazies here take turns, well, except for Apiks, he's always being a nut, but the others stop eventually." Orange was not satisfied. "Ok, fine," Quill said, "I'll get to work on the issue." Orange didn't leave. "Ok, wait," Quill raised his voice, "like hell you're staying in my room until this is done!" Orange did not move. "Ok, f*ck you," Quill said, "you can stay, but the moment Red Hammer stops, you get out, or I start charging rent." Orange light flashed, and an orange spiral was marked on his thumb. "Pleasure doing business with you."

I said Arc could communicate with magic back in post 30.9, to anyone who is wondering. It's not speaking, he gets impressions of the magics' will, and as immortal forces, the magic tend to be a bit immature. Afer is matrue as he was a human before he was a god, as was Masea. Armok and Ur seem mature, but go against their will, see how quickly they start throwing a temper tantrum.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:56:06 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: February 23, 2018, 05:03:47 pm »

Aw fuck I forgot to mention. Red Hammer doesn't know she uses magic. She just gets really mad and then artifacts are suddenly destroyable.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: February 23, 2018, 05:11:32 pm »

I guessed as such. That's why I had Quill wonder what her response to the revelation would be.

EDIT: I just love that all the crazy stuff, Afer, the magic system, all became our accepted stuff.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:20:18 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: February 23, 2018, 09:49:37 pm »

@Smoke, Quill Arcane is still alive.  Surprisingly I haven't accidentally drafted him yet.

I'll have something up in a few hours for the next update.  I'm trying to read the combat logs, but also waiting for things to play out at the same time.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: February 23, 2018, 10:45:37 pm »

I know that now, I did an archives binge. I'm going to go with Highmax's version of Quill, it seems accurate.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: February 24, 2018, 01:52:05 am »

So, uh... I got fed up with the gamers holding the game hostage in the NE... people are now dead... a lot of people...  I probably should have seen this coming...

Pictures will be added in the morning.

7th Limestone, 566
The moron is in the mason’s shop.  At the very least he’ll be very ski--why do I know that? 

11th Limestone, 566
A wrestler with a deathwish just engaged with the enemy outside the wall, despite standing orders.  Again.

17th Limestone, 566
Spoiler: Idiots (click to show/hide)
You’ve got to be kidding me…
Time to attempt to save the caravan from the doom of their own making.

18th Limestone, 566
The only good we’re going to get out of this is a few more kills to chalk up to Red Hammer. 

20th Limestone, 566
Day 3 of the sally.  Three MMO gamers, four new “ambush” squads.  I’ve seen better ambushes.  They usually involve boulders dropped from above.
Make that six ambushes.
Eight.
We’re being invaded by horses, lolcats, and courage wolfs…
Nine.
Twelve.
I should just stop counting.

Events from 21st Limestone, 566
“FOR NECROTHREAT” a forumite yelled as they rushed up the small incline of the draw to engage the disorganized horde of gamers.  Apiks and Red Hammer led the charge up, screaming battlecries all the way.

“Hey, Rogue,” Arx shouted over the din. “I would like some earrings made.  In fact,” he said while roundhouse kicking a gamer, in the side of the head, “I mandate their construction!”  He began to laugh, as the gamer knocked to the ground looked up in horror at the madman appearing to talk into the air.

“Carefulrogue?” Arx said between swings of us chainsaw. 

“Now, is not the time for petty mandates,” a voice said from behind Arx, causing him to jump.  The spearmaster leveraged himself to his feet, tangled with a gamer on the ground.  With expert precision from a standing position, the gamer is perforated with holes through his armor.  “Take the position as I’ve ordered.  Now,” Rogue grated. 

Turning back to his work, he continued to drive the soft copper spear down on the gamer, until all that was left was a blood corpse.  “No a single person thought to make better spears.  Disappointing.  What would Vabok think?” he grumbled into the air.  Smoky air.

“Fall back to the walls, before the fire consumes us all!” Rogue called out over the din.  He continued to wade forward.  He marched forward past the singed corpses of forummites, one of which two forumites attempted to drag back with them.  Rogue thought it was Kaladin.

“Aack!” Apiks yelled out from somewhere in the gloom.  “A waste of good beer!” 
Spoiler: burning_beer (click to show/hide)

Rogue exited the low hanging smoke, and glances back.  Through his eyes could not perceive the melee, the magic weapons held by many illuminated the shadows.  Through the smoke ran a horse, ride and animal consumed in flame.  The rider was dead, but the animal wasn’t, and was panicking as it crashed through the brush setting alight all that could burn.

Rogue ordered a general retreat, and walked away from the conflagration.  Apiks was still alive, and would probably give him hell for what had happened.  He frankly didn’t care.  He had other things to figure out.  Like how he now had a body, and what that meant.  The gamers themselves began their retreat, the futile calls of their allies still trapped in cages that began to  catch fire, along with their contents. 

Rogue would have wished for a better result, but then, not everything can be so patiently waited on.

Out in the field, beyond the view of the retreating army, Monom struck down a gamer that had been struggling with Red Hammer. 
Spoiler: Savior (click to show/hide)

Striking down the gamer with a final blow, Monom drops down next to the still Red Hammer.  “Red Hammer, are you okay? I came as fast as I could, I-” she stopped seeing the all to still chest and hands.  Blood covering armor, the unnatural twist of the neck. 

Spoiler: loss (click to show/hide)

Red Hammer was dead.

25th Limestone, 566
Spoiler: The Dead (click to show/hide)
I’ve had worse.  Damned gecko demon in those two forts… the text is unreadable beyond this point.

Crossbows will be made.  We’ll sell them next year at a premium to the merchants.  Good to have on hand too.  One never knows.

EDIT: spoilers and pictures
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:22:17 am by Carefulrogue »
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: February 24, 2018, 02:17:04 am »

wowie the fortress lives on.
can I get a dorfing as an axedwarf?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: February 24, 2018, 02:25:02 am »

Somewhere, within the depths of time, the spirit of NAV stirs. There is... to call it a scent is too strong a word, but an awareness. It becomes more apparent. Yes. The smell of battle and fear, courage and cowardice. It is powerful, but he shrugs not-shoulders and prepares to drift back into obscurity. Then he smells something else. Battle...and booze.

All his senses strain towards the present. His fingers grasp the walls of time. A beard of mist forms and hovers, ominous and peculiar, below his not-chin.

The booze explodes. Flaming alcohol is spread amongst the blood and lies wasted in stagnant pools.

Any who cared to concentrate on something other than battle would have seen a single, impossible eye of mist appear above an equally impossible beard of mist. It looked around at the destruction, and widened. The shadow of a mist-tear seeped from the eye and fell to mix with the ill fated ale.

Both eye and beard disappeared, unremarked, with a sob

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: February 24, 2018, 07:17:58 am »

SHITSHITSHIT I DID NOT MEAN TO POST
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: February 24, 2018, 08:27:40 am »

For the record, the only reason Monom was standing over Red Hammer when she died, was because I saw she started to lose the battle.  It seems she just passed away from exhaustion. 

@Th4DwArfy1  It was beer.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 202