Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 202

Author Topic: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy  (Read 504015 times)

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NecroThreat IV: Fortress for BFEL, God of Necromancy
« Reply #2715 on: March 02, 2018, 05:49:07 pm »

I propose a new vote: Initiate Freddy Fazbear 'the Friendly Undead Panda Mascot of Necrothreat' into the Hall of Fame.
i second the motion.
Lol, I approve.
Negative.  I'll change it to positive if we sacrifice it though.
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: March 03, 2018, 04:06:20 am »

Heavy rains fell outside, thundering roars of lightning boomed through layer upon layer of rock, reaching even Lemonpie, in his frigid prison cell. He seemed tense. Before him stood his old scrying table, still scattered from the first time the bear took over. The golden table had been a nifty magical invention, using Afer's sacred water from the layer above to create a water curtain. This waterfall would then reflect whatever one of the mirrors in or around the fort saw. Many of the mirrors had collapsed and fallen apart in the last few years, but Lemonpie had comissioned one of the newly arrived glassblowers to create some new ones, with the help of his and Quill Arcane's enchantments.

The last one had been placed, and suddenly, the table sprung alive. Lemonpie had made sure to cover the table in bear-repellant glyphs and runes this time, so he would not destroy it again. For the first time in way too long, Lemonpie was able to see the fortress. It was clean, its people looked happy, and the stocks were full, Lemonpie had to admit. Though many slavered in the army, it was for the best. Lemonpie was not content, however. People lived. People fought, cried and made merry. But that is what they did. Just live out their lives, try to find hapiness through the rottenness of this fortress. That had not been why this fortress had been founded. Why his family had come all those years ago. This was Necrothreat, founded to dig up the truth. The truth of the universe, of magic and the Gods themselves. The secrets of Necrothreats before. They came here to delve deeper and deeper.

Lemonpie looked at his pickaxe. He would have to deface the wall of the temple for his vision to become truth. Yet the walls would have to budge. Lemonpie's Labyrinth would become a reality. Created for but one purpose. The founding of the Council.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: March 03, 2018, 05:54:48 am »

Ugh, great, more rebel elements.

:P
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: March 03, 2018, 11:25:13 am »

I propose a new vote: Initiate Freddy Fazbear 'the Friendly Undead Panda Mascot of Necrothreat' into the Hall of Fame.
i second the motion.
Lol, I approve.
Negative.  I'll change it to positive if we sacrifice it though.
I also disapprove the notion. Only because it hasn't done anything but be used as decoration

I also think it's rogue or lemonpie's office? I don't recall exactly, I mentioned it on my turn
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: March 03, 2018, 11:33:05 am »

I do believe the last time somebody tried to initiate into the hall of fame it was rejected due to no exploits of theirs ingame.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: March 03, 2018, 05:39:39 pm »

You'd have to pull some incredible stuff in game to do so.

I was gonna nominate the marksmite who fought off the trolls until my save scum got her insta-killed.

In every other try at it, she killed half of the ambush party but the leader would kill her
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: March 05, 2018, 05:58:52 pm »

I've been the only one to get in since 2.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: March 06, 2018, 10:43:53 am »

My plans were formidable. Not as formidable as the Cathedral, of course, but lavish nonetheless. The Council would meet in front of the cathedral, in a lavish auditorium. An auditorium I myself would have access to. I know this body has no business amongst the sacred living, as I fear its corruption might spread outward. Thus, I have started digging tunnels. Tunnels and fortifications, so I can still communicate without harming those I care for so deeply. The room would be small, but masterfully decorated, gleaming engravings and statues everywhere, praising the Gods, as they should. It would be a lavish little treasure. All, for the betterment of the fort. No other room can be as glorious as this one, for it would mean the owner of that room is more important than the fortress itself. More important than the Gods. No one is.

I had a list of the most valuable rooms drafted today. Unsurprisingly, my old quarters and Apiks' throne room are among the contestants. Yet, the most valuable room in the fortress, a room I have never even set foot in, appears to belong to a forumite I do not even know. A lowly thresher. The Gods forever play their games of irony.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just as I lifted the pickaxe above my head, ready to dig the first staircase, a humongous growl erupted. I hurried towards my scrying table, trying to locate the source of the sound. It sounded ungodly, the fiendish shriek of something long forgotten. I zoomed through the caverns, knowing a menagerie of hideous demons crawled, stomped and slithered there. Right there, I saw it. A disgusting, hairy parasite, drooling an unspecified toxin. Arani, was its name. As it shrieked, another being approached. It seemed like a fever dream. We knew Gedor had been crawling in the caverns, as it had been spotted years ago, but to see that feathered rabbit breathe fire is truly intimidating, no matter how silly it sounded. The two beasts clashed, Arani hungering for blood, whilst Gedor taunted the slow titan with its devilish nimbleness. They fought for hours, lighting the entire cavern ablaze, yet neither emerged victorious. It seemed as if Armok had made them see they could work together, to overthrow us. Thank Omer the previous overseers had blocked off the entirity of the cavern with an intricate, subterranean fortress.

Just as I had seen the conflict end, and I was about to return to my task of digging, another beast entered our hallowed grounds. Yet this time, it came from inside me. And inside of Bearbane. I let out a blood-cogulating shriek as the Bear took over, and I was Armok's once more.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: March 06, 2018, 10:49:23 am »

I am TheDwarfyOne.
Long have I laboured
Through the summer's wiles
To bring my people fruit.
Many the politician, mantra stilled,
Was by my chainsaw killed.

I both
Abhor the god of blood, and praise him.
Fear the god of death, and feed him.

I am TheDwarfyOne, yet I am two.
Beneath this skin there is
A parasite madman, who is my friend.
He squeezes tears of blood
And whispers dreams of death.
And yet, all men can heal. To mend
The mad, one must their madness
Understand.
I wish him well.

My arms are weary, voice gone weak.
I am assurred of Necrothreat-long-gone's glory
But I've never seen it. Smelled it. Loved it.
What we have is a tomb.
The threat within, and not without;
We all are sheep held silent in the pen.
If I but had the strength,
I'd never deign to whimper! I would shout!

And all our foes, arrayed in rusting mail
Would shake their spears in vain.
Would run back to their spawning-pits
And gibber for ten generations of the pain,
The pain awaiting he who threatens Necrothreat!
Again, I would see the waters red
With foemen dead.

But I can't shout. I only see
The son, flesh of this flesh,
Upon his throne.
The gods of fair destruction
Breathing in his ear
So only he may hear.
His eyes once dark, now green,
Burning with fervour of a dream.

How can I fight the threat within
When the threat is my kin?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: March 06, 2018, 03:13:31 pm »

Since the artifact release, have we sent any raids to the politicians? I'd love it if we had a fund-raiser at their place for once.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: March 06, 2018, 03:38:39 pm »

Since the artifact release, have we sent any raids to the politicians? I'd love it if we had a fund-raiser at their place for once.

We sent one but then realized that we're playing on an older version from before the artifact release and that it might not work right and break the save.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: March 12, 2018, 08:34:36 am »

Outside, the flames blazed on as I raged in my beast-like form. It was not often they didn't. Whatever plants attempted to cling to life outside of Necrothreat were often reduced to ashes before they could fully mature. The fires were a constant factor, a danger that was ever present. The smoke had to be visible for miles. Yet still, migrants and visitors refused to heed the black, omnious warning, arriving amidst a sea of dangerous heat with no escape. This years wave of migrants was no different, surprised when they discovered that the column of thick smoke was the result of, unsurprisingly, a massive fire. Surprisingly, they made it into the fortress safely, avoiding the falling trees as if the hand of Omer guided them. Among them, some regular dwarves, some soldiers, some peasants, but most notably, Obok Sosadustuth, quite a famous figure. She's a legendary surgeon and wound dresser, and an innovator of modern medicine, known and respected by all doctors and scholars in the realm.

Through all of this, I was clawing my way through the room I had locked myself into, my beastly nails carving into the walls. After days, the effects finally faded, and I returned to my normal form. Normal, spare for my new eye. Yet as soon as the curse was lifted, I could feel the presence of something magical in the fortress. I scryed and scryed, until I finally found where the potent magic emanated from. One of the miners, had retreated into the dungeons of Sprin's castle, and constructed an indestructible artifact. A lavish monolith, engraved with the most beautiful carving. Magic, radiating from its heart, protecting it from the very magic that had destroyed so many artifacts before. Yet Armok's hand would inevitably still destroy this sacred relic.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: March 12, 2018, 08:41:09 am »

We sent one but then realized that we're playing on an older version from before the artifact release and that it might not work right and break the save.
That moment when I sent Apiks on a mission to find his bone crown, only to realise I'd used the wrong version of DF and had to restart.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: March 12, 2018, 06:59:44 pm »

Sorry mate. Artifact millstones can still be destroyed by werebeasts. I've done tests.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: March 13, 2018, 02:37:51 am »

If there's anyone in need of (re)forumiting, now's the perfect time. We have an ungodly amount of residents yet we're running dangerously low on named ones.

Sorry mate. Artifact millstones can still be destroyed by werebeasts. I've done tests.
:(
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 202